Becca Radiant Skin Satin Finish Foundation

3.5

Water/Aqua/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Titanium Dioxide, Hydrogenated Didecene, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Glycerin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Nylon-12, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Butyl Acrylate/Hydroxypropyl Dimethicone Acrylate Copolymer, Sodium Chloride, Polysilicone-11, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, HDI/Trimethylol, Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Tropolone, Methicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Disodium EDTA, Mannitol, Butylene Glycol, Yeast Extract, Glycogen, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Rosa Multiflora Fruit Extract. May Contain/peut Contenir [+/-]: Iron Oxide (CI 77492, CI 77491, CI77499).

on 3/14/2013 6:21:00 AM

This is my new go-to foundation- I usually use Bourjois Healthy Mix and Giorgio Armani for big occasions- but this one does it all- great coverage (build up), satin finish, and non-oily. Blends in really well and looks so natural. I bought this in Sand, but i will buy Porcelain next time because Sand is a little bit yellow for me. New HG foundation! Also love their creme blush!

on 3/4/2013 1:22:00 PM

I wanted to like this foundation because it lays down nicely on the skin and has medium coverage (ladies who want serious coverage, look elsewhere). BUT the scent/fragrance was too strong. Like grandma's perfume. Yuck. Wiped it off and I can still smell it faintly on my face. Also, this foundation seriously emphasized my fine lines, and my lines are VERY fine. As in when I'm not wearing any face makeup, you don't see any. Within one minute of this settling into my skin, I grinned slightly in the mirror and saw all these tiny little crows feet. I'm not vain about age (I'm only in my 30s) or fine lines (I kind of like them), but emphasizing them for no reason serves no purpose. Simply cannot rate this higher than 1 lippie because 1) for the price it should be amazing, and 2) it smells like drugstore foundation and for me it's not wearable. Oh well, the search for a great foundation continues :-(

on 3/3/2013 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This is described as a medium buildable foundation with a radiant finish. I originally ordered Sand (described as pale beige with yellow/golden undertones). It was far too dark for my NC15 skin so I ordered Shell (described as fair beige with neutral undertones). I have to mix the two to get a good match when I'm NC15. When I'm around NC20-25 Sand matches well.

I would describe this as a somewhat thick foundation with a smooth consistency. It's medium coverage but you could build it to full if you really wanted to. The finish is satin verging on slightly dewy. It's very skin like.

For awhile, I was having issues with this lasting on my combo-oily skin. I rarely have that issue with foundations but this one was fading and separating on me. I then tried it over my EltaMD UV Physical SPF41 sunscreen and have had no issues since.

The packaging is a standard squeeze tube so no complaints there.

on 2/25/2013 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i went in to sephora really wanting to try the kat von d lock it foundation. however i couldn't get an exact match so i got this in amber. it matches my skin perfectly and gives pretty good coverage. when i first put this on with my stipling brush it looked smooth and flawless. the finish is satiny-true to its name. i usually only go for matte foundations so i was pleasantly surprised by the look of this, very natural. the only con is that it probably isn't the most long-lasting foundation on my oily skin. but i still am loving it very much esp being the only other foundation that has a shade to match me besides mac.

on 2/13/2013 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

i am so pleased with this! i'm a loyal user of the becca luminous skin finish foundation & stick foundation. however, they discontinued the stick foundation, so i wanted to find something new. becca is the only brand i've ever used that has a close color match for my nc-10/15 skin tone which leans warm but is fairly neutral. i use praline in the stick foundation & this foundation, and sand in the luminous skin finish foundation. even though this foundation is supposed to be light to medium coverage, it offers more coverage than the stick foundation in my opinion, and definitely is easier to work with. it feels kind of strange upon application, and isn't the easiest foundation to spread. it's not that creamy, but it dries well unlike the stick foundation. it's not tacky at all and the finish looks like skin. it has a satiny finish. i still use powder over it, but i don't need to. i use it over the luminous skin finish foundation, and the coverage seems to be medium, but better than the stick foundation. it's not full coverage, and i still need concealer, but i like the natural look. it's not dewy the way the stick foundation is, but that's okay with me because i use a highlighter. the lasting power is great, i don't get that shiny after an 8 hour work day. i do use urban decay all nighter over my makeup though. i can't tell if this is going to break me out yet, but will update when i am sure. i have been having some spots. i love the squeeze tube, and you get more than 1 oz which is nice. this is pricey, but i will repurchase as long as it doesn't break me out.
Update 2/21: unfortunately this broke me out so badly! i'm lowering my rating to 3 stars, i can't wear this

on 2/2/2013 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I was looking for a foundation with medium coverage and a satin finish, and found it! Wanted to review mainly to help others with a color match. Becca was tricky for me, as I can only order online. I am in the shade buff and am a MAC NC 25, and this is a perfect match. I would agree with the first review, in that this applies best with fingers. This works well with my normal to dry skin, and very long lasting. No oxidation and no shimmer. I have acne prone skin and this has not caused any problems. I can't detect any fragrance and this contains no parabens. Keep in mind this is a silicone based foundation. I was able to get 20% off from Dermstore and free shipping:) Ingredients posted. Hope this helps!

on 1/26/2013 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I LOVE it! I can't decide which one I love better my bobbi brown foundation or this one. It is easy to blend, looks like skin and makes my skin glow. Its lightweight, which is something that I look for in a foundation and it doesn't make my skin look oily throughout the day. I have dry skin with an oily Tzone. I wear the shade "buttercup". Just as a comparison in skin color with other foundations I wear the color Beige 3.0 in Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation

on 1/10/2013 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

When I first started using this I was applying it with brushes, and as a result I hated this foundation. It went on thick, did not blend well and looked very much like heavy, caked on foundation sitting on my skin. One day I had a glorious epiphany, why not apply this with my fingers?! Upon initial application with fingers I fell in love!

This product is on the thicker side and fairly pigmented, so I do not not use more than a dime sized amount now. I squeeze this onto my finger tips, rub my fingers together to warm up the product and apply all over my face (similar to the way one might apply lotion). The finish of this foundation is very natural and the coverage is medium. I don't think it can be layered and not look heavy unfortunately. I have normal skin, so I cannot really comment about how well this controls oil, but I do apply it at 6:45 am and usually don't wash my face until 9:00 pm. My foundation still looks amazing.

For reference I am MAC NC15 or NARS SG Siberia and the shade shell works perfectly for my fair, neutral-toned skin.

on 11/23/2012 10:10:00 AM

I have Just been using this for a few days. I cant believe how good the color matches! I am generally NC20 - but have gotten lighter lately because of the season changes. I purchased this in the color Shell... Its just slightly lighter then my skin tone, but it still looks great! The foundation it self is a little strange, It feels thick and creamy when first applying but then drys quickly. Like another reviewer mentioned it does not not extenuate dry spots, as long as you moisturize before hand. But for me the foundation lasted much longer and i have combination skin. Like i said its a great color match but it also looks very much like your own skin! There is no glitter here, and it blends pretty well!! Last thing ill say is you only need very little, so this 1.35 oz bottle should last quite a while!

on 11/20/2012 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Just an initial review for people that need help with color matching. I got the shade Olive which described as medium beige, yellow/golden undertones or medium, olive, yellow. This is a perfect match for me. For reference I use MAC NC35-37, NARS Sheer Glow in Stromboli, Bare Minerals Matte in Medium Beige/Golden Beige, Bare Minerals Ready Foundation in Golden Tan, or Alima Golden 4/5.

I have oily combination skin and found this worked very well on me. The finish is a satin- not matte or dewy. It didn't make my skin look more oily or enhance my dry spots. The foundation felt light weight and can be built up to medium coverage. It covered my blemishes about 70%- the redness is mostly gone but I still felt the need for concealer to really hide them. This foundation last about 4-5 hours on me. Not great but not bad either. So far I really like this foundation. If anything changes I will update this review.