January 31, 2015 | 1126 users online

Powder - Australis - Fresh & Flawless Pressed Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2013 6:34:00 AM More reviews by kayci21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is okay - I don't hate it but I don't love it either.

Colour - I have it in the shades "Natural" and "Deep Natural". When I tested them out on my hand in the store, there really didn't seem to be much difference between these two. But then when I tried them on later, I found that Natural was closer to my skintone, if not a shade too light. Deep Natural is about two shades too dark for me and looks a bit orange-y when I layer it on.

I've never used this as a foundation. I use it usually as a concealer or as setting powder. As a concealer, it's alright. Since the shade "Natural" is too light for me, it doesn't really provide much coverage, but on the other hand, since "Deep Natural" is too dark, it makes my skin look orange, so I like to mix the two.

The major plus side is that this doesn't seem to break me out. I actually even noticed at times after I'd worn it that it seemed to help remove some small blemishes. Since I wasn't sure if this was the powder's doing, I looked on the Australis website for more information on ingredients and found that it contains some things that are meant to help get rid of blemishes. Though in my experience, it only works on small ones.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2013 8:28:00 PM More reviews by courtney771

I used mac studio fix for years until a friend introduced me to this! Absolutely amazing, great coverage and you can't go wrong with $10 for a pressed powder compared to $35 + for mac. It's a 100% dupe! I actually prefer this powder to mac :) never breaks me out either, please never stop selling this Australis!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 6:15:00 AM More reviews by tashab17

I love this powder so much.

- It lasts all day.
- It is such a great price.
- My skin does not freak out.
- Gives you flawless looking skin.

Amazing. I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 1:21:00 AM More reviews by blushhour

I've worked in cosmetics for 10years and have tried a lot of powders. Awesome powder. Adds coverage. Better coverage than Napoleon camera finish and in my opinion looks better in photos. Very affordable yet high quality.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2013 5:18:00 AM More reviews by edenlauren

I've never used this but I saw my friend wearing it and she skin looked so different in a good way and I thought she was wearing mac or something and apparently she was using this and it made her look flawless! I will purchase this soon

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2013 12:45:00 AM More reviews by hannahching

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Best powder i've used yet!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by babyjane14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had used this powder for over a year and while I think it is a good powder, I am upset that Australis chose to state on the packaging that it is oil and fragance free when it actually isn't (I've included the ingredients below). I haven't broken out from this but it contains irritating oils as well as camphor and menthol which aren't something I want to be putting on my face.

I have it in the darkest shade 'Darkest Brown' which would suit I believe up to NC35. A bit of a bummer if you're any darker as Australis doesn't cater to deeper skin tones. I used it to set my makeup and for touch ups during the day in my t-zone. It adds extra coverage on top of my foundation which I liked because it ensures my blemishes and hyper pigmentation marks are covered. It's definitely a medium coverage powder but it can look powdery. It's affordable and the compact lasts a long time even with daily use.

This is also known as a dupe for MAC's Studio Fix Powder which I now use as my everyday powder which in comparison, is NOTHING like this. The finish on this is very matte unlike SF which is a natural satin-matte, this looks more powdery on the skin as well so I find that Studio Fix looks much better in my opinion.

Overall, this is a good powder but not one I prefer over others or want to use anymore.

Here is the ingredient list:

TALC AND METHICONE, MICA, DIMETHICONE, NYLON 12, BORON NITRIDE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE AND METHICONE, POL YETHYLENE, SILICA, OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE, BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE, METHYLP ARABEN, PROPYLP ARABEN, TOCOPHEROL, CAMPHOR, MENTHOL, EUCALYPTUS OIL, CLOVE OIL. MA Y CONTAIN: C9-15 FLUOROALCOHOL PHOSPHATES (AND) IRON OXIDES. • iRidEscENt dust: (MADE IN THAILAND): TALC, MICA, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, DIMETHICONE, OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE, IRON

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2013 3:01:00 AM More reviews by natalieesimpson

This is the best powder i have ever ever used! it never looks cakey no matter how much you put on, it controls oil, it sets my foundation beautifully, lasts all day long and makes my skin look flawless. i will forever repurchase this because I've never found anything better!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2013 8:02:00 AM More reviews by aliciagrasby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is one of the best powders I have come across. It provides high coverage as a powder and decent coverage is buffed in and used as a foundation. It creates a matte look to the skin and controls shine for hours! It also never looks heavy or cakey.

The one downside to this powder is the colour selection. It comes in three shades, none of which differ too much from one another. I guess Australis thinks we all fit into fifty shades of medium. However, this can be used as a powder (not foundation) for many people if using a light hand. If you do have a deep skin tone I would say you wouldn't be able to find a colour match.

I would definitely recommend going out and giving this powder a go. I don't think you'd be disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2013 6:57:00 PM More reviews by decoydream

A surprisingly good find! I had never even considered using Australis till I saw the good reviews floating around on MUA... It has great coverage (for a full coverage look, I lightly buff this in with a dense brush on top of a light layer of foundation or, I use this by itself for more casual outings with the thin sponge that comes with it) and considering it only comes in 3 colours, it matches my skin tone surprisingly well (I admit it is a little off since my skin is extremely yellow... A bit of light contouring around the perimeters of my face makes it blend though!). As long as you don't go crazy, it won't ever look cakey and the texture is almost like a creamy powder that is very comfortable to wear. For a decent powder under $15 in Australia, it won't hurt to try this!

For reference, I'm fair-medium and warm toned and I use this in deep natural. (The middle colour that is actually not very 'deep' in my opinion...)