Australis Fresh & Flawless Pressed Powder

4.4

TALC AND METHICONE, MICA, DIMETHICONE, NYLON 12, BORON NITRIDE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE AND METHICONE, POL YETHYLENE, SILICA, OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE, BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE, METHYLP ARABEN, PROPYLP ARABEN, TOCOPHEROL, CAMPHOR, MENTHOL, EUCALYPTUS OIL, CLOVE OIL. MA Y CONTAIN: C9-15 FLUOROALCOHOL PHOSPHATES (AND) IRON OXIDES. • iRidEscENt dust: (MADE IN THAILAND): TALC, MICA, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, DIMETHICONE, OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE, IRON

on 12/7/2013 11:54:00 PM

I have tried a lifetime's worth of powders by now, including quite a lot of expensive supposedly superior ones. I keep coming back to this one- it is without a doubt the best powder I've ever used. It creates a beautiful, smooth, lasting matte look (I don't ever reapply throughout the day). It doesn't break me out and goes on smoothly with great powder coverage. Its unbelievably great value for money in Australia, where we are constantly being ripped off compared to most other countries with the price of makeup (and everything else too).
The one complaint I have is, as others here have stated, that this only comes in 3 colours. I have pale, creamy neutral to slightly pinkish toned skin and the lightest shade "natural" is too dark for me by several shades. However I have found the same problem with almost every single powder I've ever bought from an Australian store- obviously the makeup powers that be don't believe we have any light skinned women here. It's a huge problem for me, and I really resent it. But when you find a powder as good as this you don't let that stop you, so I attempt to lighten it a bit by using a little very pale mineral powder over the top of it (which, by the way I had to buy overseas to get it in a pale shade).

on 12/5/2013 6:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This product is okay - I don't hate it but I don't love it either.

Colour - I have it in the shades "Natural" and "Deep Natural". When I tested them out on my hand in the store, there really didn't seem to be much difference between these two. But then when I tried them on later, I found that Natural was closer to my skintone, if not a shade too light. Deep Natural is about two shades too dark for me and looks a bit orange-y when I layer it on.

I've never used this as a foundation. I use it usually as a concealer or as setting powder. As a concealer, it's alright. Since the shade "Natural" is too light for me, it doesn't really provide much coverage, but on the other hand, since "Deep Natural" is too dark, it makes my skin look orange, so I like to mix the two.

The major plus side is that this doesn't seem to break me out. I actually even noticed at times after I'd worn it that it seemed to help remove some small blemishes. Since I wasn't sure if this was the powder's doing, I looked on the Australis website for more information on ingredients and found that it contains some things that are meant to help get rid of blemishes. Though in my experience, it only works on small ones.

on 12/3/2013 8:28:00 PM

I used mac studio fix for years until a friend introduced me to this! Absolutely amazing, great coverage and you can't go wrong with $10 for a pressed powder compared to $35 + for mac. It's a 100% dupe! I actually prefer this powder to mac :) never breaks me out either, please never stop selling this Australis!

on 11/26/2013 6:15:00 AM

I love this powder so much.

- It lasts all day.
- It is such a great price.
- My skin does not freak out.
- Gives you flawless looking skin.

Amazing. I love it.

on 11/11/2013 1:21:00 AM

I've worked in cosmetics for 10years and have tried a lot of powders. Awesome powder. Adds coverage. Better coverage than Napoleon camera finish and in my opinion looks better in photos. Very affordable yet high quality.

on 11/9/2013 5:18:00 AM

I've never used this but I saw my friend wearing it and she skin looked so different in a good way and I thought she was wearing mac or something and apparently she was using this and it made her look flawless! I will purchase this soon

on 11/8/2013 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Best powder i've used yet!

on 10/23/2013 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I had used this powder for over a year and while I think it is a good powder, I am upset that Australis chose to state on the packaging that it is oil and fragance free when it actually isn't (I've included the ingredients below). I haven't broken out from this but it contains irritating oils as well as camphor and menthol which aren't something I want to be putting on my face.

I have it in the darkest shade 'Darkest Brown' which would suit I believe up to NC35. A bit of a bummer if you're any darker as Australis doesn't cater to deeper skin tones. I used it to set my makeup and for touch ups during the day in my t-zone. It adds extra coverage on top of my foundation which I liked because it ensures my blemishes and hyper pigmentation marks are covered. It's definitely a medium coverage powder but it can look powdery. It's affordable and the compact lasts a long time even with daily use.

This is also known as a dupe for MAC's Studio Fix Powder which I now use as my everyday powder which in comparison, is NOTHING like this. The finish on this is very matte unlike SF which is a natural satin-matte, this looks more powdery on the skin as well so I find that Studio Fix looks much better in my opinion.

Overall, this is a good powder but not one I prefer over others or want to use anymore.

Here is the ingredient list:

This is the best powder i have ever ever used! it never looks cakey no matter how much you put on, it controls oil, it sets my foundation beautifully, lasts all day long and makes my skin look flawless. i will forever repurchase this because I've never found anything better!

on 10/20/2013 8:02:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

This is one of the best powders I have come across. It provides high coverage as a powder and decent coverage is buffed in and used as a foundation. It creates a matte look to the skin and controls shine for hours! It also never looks heavy or cakey.

The one downside to this powder is the colour selection. It comes in three shades, none of which differ too much from one another. I guess Australis thinks we all fit into fifty shades of medium. However, this can be used as a powder (not foundation) for many people if using a light hand. If you do have a deep skin tone I would say you wouldn't be able to find a colour match.

I would definitely recommend going out and giving this powder a go. I don't think you'd be disappointed.