Pantene Expert Collection Age Defy Shampoo

3.5

Water, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycol Distearate, Sodium Citrate, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Xylenesulfonate, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Polyquaternium 76, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Lysine HCL, Methyl Tyrosinate HCL, Histidine, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Blue 1, Yellow 5, Red 33

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I've tried this 3 times....first time was good, 2nd not so good, 3rd great! I will keep using it to see how if it has cumulative effects - maybe once the bottle is gone, my hair will truly look 10 yrs younger. All in all, I have to say I like it quite a bit so far. Will update later.

on 1/16/2013 11:05:00 AM

After seeing Courtney Cox, the spokesperson advertising for Pantene Expert Collection, I had to go out and buy it. I have used a few Pantene formulas in the past and gotten good results but nothing to write home about. This, on the other hand, is absolutely amazing. I washed my hair with the Age Defy formula and have never had a shampoo that made my hair feel conditioned and slick but this does. I also followed with the Age Defy Conditioner, which I combed through and left on for 3 - 5 minutes. It rinses clean and feels like silk. I also use Aveda Damage Control serum/spray to protect before drying and flat ironing. I must say that I am 45, color monthly, blow dry daily, flat iron daily etc. My hair is also 90% WHITE underneath the color so it can be VERY unruly. I also live in the south which is known for humidity. It's been pouring rain for three days and my hair has not frizzed at all. My hair is soft, silky, shiny, manageable and full of body. I wish the bottles were larger but I will definitely be repurchasing the shampoo/conditioner. Now I'm on the hunt for the Age Defy treatment masque and kind of want to try the Advanced Keratin formula but I don't see how it could top Age Defy.

on 1/13/2013 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Maybe I really shouldn't comment because I actually haven't tried this and probably won't. I am not a pantene hater by any means, fact is Pantene conditioners are the best for my hair period. I do, however, get caught up in the Pantene hype. I think every new Pantene product release is going to be the end all to be all of haircare. Nope. Read the ingredients on this shampoo compared to the other Pantene shampoos. They are basically the same!!! Why pay so much more for this shampoo when you can buy just about any of the "regular" Pantene shampoos for alot less and get more product and get basically the same thing. Seriously its just clever marketing.

on 1/9/2013 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

My 1st Pantene product. I have used Paul Mitchell products for 20 years but couldn't find my faves recently so decided to try some drugstore choices.

This is okay. (Sorry I am so middle of the road about this.) It cleansed well, left my hair shiny, untangled and didn't cause a lot of fallout. I think that the claims are ludicrous but it's getting the job done and I can live with the scent (mango with a hint of coconut) about which I am really picky. Doesn't leave me with an itchy scalp.

I cannot say with a certainty that it will replace my love for my PM, however.

on 12/25/2012 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Got a bad case of roots going on now, and waiting for the patch test to complete before the touch-up. I bought this shampoo based upon the great reviews on MA, hoping to salvage my hair somewhat for Christmas. It was $8.00 at Target - not cheap but well worth it! My hair looks fantastic! Shiny and full and the roots seem non-existent. This is a great one - a good way to tide me over until I can color.

on 11/17/2012 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I absolutely, positively, cannot be more impressed with these products. I haven't put anything this great on my hair in years. It looks fantastic. I have some major damage going on around my crown from changing hair colors over the past couple years. This soothed that, yet it left my hair clean, perfectly conditioned, not weighed down at all. My hair color actually looks rich and my hair actually shines. I just cannot believe this stuff. I have used the most expensive products ranging from Fekkai to Ojon. I will pay anything to keep my hair gorgeous and now I will not let anything else touch my hair as long as they make this.

on 11/8/2012 5:42:00 PM

(since I purchased this in a set with the conditioner and treatment and used it all together, this is a slightly modified version of the same review I posted for the thickening treatment.)

I saw this advertised in Allure two days ago and ordered it that night online. I received it this afternoon and promptly washed my hair to try the collection out.

While I can't speak to the long-term effects yet, I can tell you that my fine hair that has been having temporary issues with thinning (autoimmune issues) once again looks substantial, and that's after just one use. My hair already felt healthier after just washing it, and has much more body now than it did before. It smelled nice and rinsed out well, and my hair was easier to comb through post-washing.

I do wish it did not contain SLS though, but it's rare to find a product with everything you are looking for. This system supposedly will make a substantial difference in a month's time. I will update my review when I know if that's true or not...