November 27, 2014 | 1153 users online

BB Cream - Olay - Total Effects Tone Correcting "CC" Cream

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2013 10:05:00 AM More reviews by VintagePro

COMPLETELY WRECKED MY SKIN IN ONE APPLICATION.

I have pretty tough skin and I am not prone to any kind of breakouts. I've never experienced an allergic reaction to any product before.

I've been using L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier and I love the way it makes my skin look, but alas, it doesn't have SPF, so I tried this Olay jazz (in Fair/Light) because it had sunscreen. It made a horrible BB cream - a little sticky, no coverage whatsoever, couldn't tell a difference in my skin at all - so I put my regular foundation on over it and thought maybe it would make a better primer. It looked GREAT when I finished my makeup.

I had a very busy day, and I didn't check my look in the mirror at all, so I was very surprised when I went to take my makeup off that night and saw that my face was orange. I don't mean it had an orange cast, I mean it was dirty, rusty orange. I couldn't believe I'd been going around looking like that all day and no one had told me.

I was again surprised once the makeup was off to find that hiding behind my full coverage foundation was swollen, irritated, red skin and blackheads that had not been there when the day began. The pores around my nose and cheeks were puffy and red, with a great big blackhead in the middle of each one. Along my forehead, temples, and chin were thousands of little tiny bumps... so tiny I couldn't tell if they were blemishes or a rash.

Upon further reflection, I've decided these bumps must be blemishes because nothing on my face was itchy at all. But my skin was so red and inflamed that it was two more nights before I felt it was safe to use my regular exfoliants, and even then, they stung, which has never happened before.

It's been three days and my skin is just now beginning to recover. I estimate that it will take at least another week to get rid of all the blackheads this stuff created.

This is THE WORST PRODUCT I'VE EVER SEEN and there are no words to express how much I hate it. If I could give it negative lippies, I would. This would be a crap product if it were $3, and I'd be really upset if I had paid the $25 they charge for this junk, but my sister gave it to me because it wrecked her skin, too. (I thought I might like it because I'm older and her skin is more sensitive than mine, but I was wrong.)

Don't buy this stuff, and don't use it even if somebody gives it to you. Avoid it like the plague, because if you use it, you'll LOOK like you have the plague.

UPDATE 9.25.13
All the patches that were red and inflamed a few days ago have now become dry, scaled, and peeling. Even the mildest moisturizers sting. The only things I can use are Benadryl cream and Elizabeth Arden's 8-Hour Cream Skin Protectant.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2013 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Ultrame

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am completely torn on this product. First of all let me say that one of the pros would definitely be that it is Olay. As other reviewers have mentioned it smells very strongly like sunscreen. This doesn't really bother me so much, but it's worth noting because my boyfriend does not like the smell of it. I am Caucasian and have medium-toned skin, so I bought the light-to-medium shade. After using, I wonder if the medium-to-dark would have been a better match, but I haven't tried that one yet so I do not know. The consistency of this is very thin and watery, which I do not like. I tend to prefer moisturizers that are creamier. The coverage is very minimal, so I actually use this mostly as sunscreen on beach days or as moisturizer under my regular makeup. I also have a hard time blending this in to my face as it is very streaky, though it does not seem to even any of my flaws. I said "yes" that I would buy this product again because it works fine as a moisturizer, I just don't use it as a standalone on lazy days like I tend to do with other similar products. My great-grandmother used Olay religiously and had flawless skin even into her 90s, so that might have to do with why I would buy it again, but next time I am going to try the darker shade.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2013 4:20:00 AM More reviews by veelui

tried the original one, and this was when i first started experimenting with bb creams/foundations, i like it as a moisturizer so i decided to really experiment it by wearing it to school and it really failed, especially on summer days. even with a powder/primer, etc. it didnt help, as it would still run and fade, since k have to walk all over campus and carrying a 10 pound backpack with a laptop and my purse, makes me sweaty (due to the heat & bulk). but if im just going to lunch and just walking around ie the mall, then its fine, j havent tried this cc version yet though.

update--i think this product is okay, but my mom likes it, so i just gave it to her to use.
she has oily skin, i have normal/combo; im just more picky about what i put on my face cuz i sweat pretty easily if im running around, so i need something that wont run or streak.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2013 10:32:00 AM More reviews by krcb4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

On its own- blah! But I mix this with foundation for a tinted moisturiser effect for my everyday routine. On its own (shade medium deep) provides very little coverage of my nc45 toned skin with its occasional post acne hyperpigmentation. But I like the formula for moisturising without causing oiliness or acne. I'm an spf girl so I wear neutrogena spf 55 or 70 underneath as 15 is not enough for me. Maybe I'd buy again as a moisturiser but not expecting "cc" benefits. Will use until finished for sure.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by annbelles

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The coverage is very sheer. I have pretty good skin, it didn't cover the slight under eye redness and few sunspots/freckles that I have...at all. The smell is bad! And it lingers. The smell reminds me of burnt plastic mixed with super cheap sun screen. It's a very chemical type odor.

Pros- Nice packaging with pump dispenser (love)
Price- Good for a drugstore product ~ fair ~ comparable with similar brands.

Cons- As noted above. They far outweigh the Pros. I am unable to use this product.
The smell is intolerable.

Will be repurchasing the The Garnier BB cream.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2013 8:59:00 PM More reviews by 2010

I received this in one of my beauty boxes so the colour is off - light/medium instead of fair. Light / medium is really dark and orange. This CC cream does not provide a lot of coverage (I would say very light coverage, it does not claim to give a lot of coverage.) It is very oily, so you need powder, I would say even if you are dry skinned. It's slippery as well (not a good thing). It lasted for about 2 hours on my oily skin before it disappeared.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2013 8:29:00 AM More reviews by Minerva10

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

WARNING-review based on scent alone...I received a sample from Costco and was exicited to try it. The young lady pumped a generous amount on the top of my hand. I rubbed it in and thought " wow, feels nice and gives me just the right amount of (light) coverage, NOTE-I don't wear foundation, but do wear concealer. I was SOLD! I grabbed one off the shelf. HOWEVER, as I walked away I smelled my hand and nearly lost my last meal! It smelled of burnt plastic, mixed with cheap 1980s tanning lotion. I quickly turned around and put it back on the shelf and ran to the restroom to wash my hands!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2013 8:17:00 PM More reviews by Btheodore138

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've only been using this stuff for about a week, so I can't really comment on the anti-aging or long lasting benefits. However, my skin has been an absolute nightmare lately between pregnancy induced acne and hard water drying the beejeezus out of it...and this stuff has really helped with any flakiness I've been having. The coverage is pretty much non-existent so unless your skin is perfect, you're going to need to wear make up over it. I also don't know how this would be on someone with oily skin. I mean, it makes my dry flaky skin look almost shiny so be warned.
The price is what's most off putting for me. It would be one thing if it had more coverage or if I see some great results, but right now it's just a good daytime moisturizer/sunscreen. I'll buy again if I have a coupon or if it's on sale.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2013 11:49:00 PM More reviews by Smalls244

I wanted to love this product, I really did. The color and coverage were great, it contained an spf, gave me adequate moisture, decent price, cool packaging and I loved that it's a pump bottle.

The only problem was that it made my face so shiny! About an hour or so after applying, my face looked oily. I'm going to try this product again in a few weeks and see if I get better results the second time around.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2013 9:47:00 PM More reviews by Kimmybyers8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love love love this!!!!! I have tried other bb creams. None compare! Cc creams are targeted for people with oily skin. I can not say enough good things about this!!!! It worked very well and I actually saw improvement in my skin!!!!! This, concealer, and powder!