Olay Total Effects Tone Correcting "CC" Cream

2.3

active ingredients purpose avobenzone 2%..........................................sunscreen octisalate 3%..............................................sunscreen octocrylene 3%...........................................sunscreen inactive ingredients water, glycerin, titanium dioxide, niacinamide, acetyl glucosamine, isopropyl lauroyl sarcosinate, panthenol, tocopheryl acetate, dimethicone, dimethiconol, triethanolamine, benzyl alcohol, carbomer, behenyl alcohol, c13-14 isoparaffin, cetearyl glucoside, stearyl alcohol, laureth-7, cetyl alcohol, peg-100 stearate, methylparaben, cetearyl alcohol, propylparaben, ethylparaben, peg-4 laurate, peg-4 dilaurate, iodopropynyl butylcarbamate, peg-4, ammonium polyacrylate, polyacrylamide, iron oxides

on 11/10/2013 4:27:00 PM

I HAVE NEVER HAD AN ALLERGIC REACTION TO ANY PRODUCT. EVER. this product started burning the second I put it on and turned my face into a puffy, red mess. My face literally looks like it was sprayed with acid. I cannot believe something like this is FDA approved. Please do not buy this. And warn your friends.

on 10/13/2013 7:07:00 PM

This made my skin look like orange clay. It went on nice but as it spread and dried it made me look 10 years older. I used it on a recent weekend away and now that I look at the photos, I know why I looked so haggered.... I had that on my face!

I'm always on the quest for a new skin cream/tinted moisturizer/bb cream so I've been giving some of the drug store brands a chance. So far I have been disappointed. Sorry Olay devotees, I was hoping for a better product. I have tried the CC cream on several occassions to see how it looks in different light (at the office, outside, etc.) and everywhere it made me look old. I look younger without it.

Last night I used Stila tinted moisturizer and my skin felt soft and had a great glow. The comparison to the Olay is significant.

on 9/26/2013 10:32:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

This product is not for me. It wore off very quickly. And when it was on, I could feel it on my skin. Which I did not like. I didn't find the smell that strong/offensive though. I wouldn't repurchase.

on 9/25/2013 1:31:00 AM

This is a review of the light-medium shade.

I like it a lot. Nice dewy coverage, nice moisture throughout the day, and good level of spf that is not overkill.

I see the person below had an allergic reaction to this. Of course they don't like it. But there is no way a product left on you skin for less than a day would cause blackheads. Blackheads develop over time, not in a day.

The smell is from the sunscreen. It is a normal sunscreen smell. If you hate the way sunscreens smell then don't use this or any other sunscreen product.

I believe this product is for aging skin or women who need anti aging products. And since I am 45 years old, this product is for me. As I have gotten older I find I look much better with a light foundation. The more coverage a product has, the more noticeable my age is. The coverage of this is light and nice. I use an under eye concealer and a light dusting of a finishing powder over this. My skin looks fresh and natural,.... like skin is supposed to look.

Good product for women over 35 who need something natural, protective, and moisturizing for daily use.

on 9/23/2013 10:05:00 AM

COMPLETELY WRECKED MY SKIN IN ONE APPLICATION.

I have pretty tough skin and I am not prone to any kind of breakouts. I've never experienced an allergic reaction to any product before.

I've been using L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier and I love the way it makes my skin look, but alas, it doesn't have SPF, so I tried this Olay jazz (in Fair/Light) because it had sunscreen. It made a horrible BB cream - a little sticky, no coverage whatsoever, couldn't tell a difference in my skin at all - so I put my regular foundation on over it and thought maybe it would make a better primer. It looked GREAT when I finished my makeup.

I had a very busy day, and I didn't check my look in the mirror at all, so I was very surprised when I went to take my makeup off that night and saw that my face was orange. I don't mean it had an orange cast, I mean it was dirty, rusty orange. I couldn't believe I'd been going around looking like that all day and no one had told me.

I was again surprised once the makeup was off to find that hiding behind my full coverage foundation was swollen, irritated, red skin and blackheads that had not been there when the day began. The pores around my nose and cheeks were puffy and red, with a great big blackhead in the middle of each one. Along my forehead, temples, and chin were thousands of little tiny bumps... so tiny I couldn't tell if they were blemishes or a rash.

Upon further reflection, I've decided these bumps must be blemishes because nothing on my face was itchy at all. But my skin was so red and inflamed that it was two more nights before I felt it was safe to use my regular exfoliants, and even then, they stung, which has never happened before.

It's been three days and my skin is just now beginning to recover. I estimate that it will take at least another week to get rid of all the blackheads this stuff created.

This is THE WORST PRODUCT I'VE EVER SEEN and there are no words to express how much I hate it. If I could give it negative lippies, I would. This would be a crap product if it were $3, and I'd be really upset if I had paid the $25 they charge for this junk, but my sister gave it to me because it wrecked her skin, too. (I thought I might like it because I'm older and her skin is more sensitive than mine, but I was wrong.)

Don't buy this stuff, and don't use it even if somebody gives it to you. Avoid it like the plague, because if you use it, you'll LOOK like you have the plague.

UPDATE 9.25.13
All the patches that were red and inflamed a few days ago have now become dry, scaled, and peeling. Even the mildest moisturizers sting. The only things I can use are Benadryl cream and Elizabeth Arden's 8-Hour Cream Skin Protectant.

on 8/16/2013 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I am completely torn on this product. First of all let me say that one of the pros would definitely be that it is Olay. As other reviewers have mentioned it smells very strongly like sunscreen. This doesn't really bother me so much, but it's worth noting because my boyfriend does not like the smell of it. I am Caucasian and have medium-toned skin, so I bought the light-to-medium shade. After using, I wonder if the medium-to-dark would have been a better match, but I haven't tried that one yet so I do not know. The consistency of this is very thin and watery, which I do not like. I tend to prefer moisturizers that are creamier. The coverage is very minimal, so I actually use this mostly as sunscreen on beach days or as moisturizer under my regular makeup. I also have a hard time blending this in to my face as it is very streaky, though it does not seem to even any of my flaws. I said "yes" that I would buy this product again because it works fine as a moisturizer, I just don't use it as a standalone on lazy days like I tend to do with other similar products. My great-grandmother used Olay religiously and had flawless skin even into her 90s, so that might have to do with why I would buy it again, but next time I am going to try the darker shade.

on 8/11/2013 4:20:00 AM

tried the original one, and this was when i first started experimenting with bb creams/foundations, i like it as a moisturizer so i decided to really experiment it by wearing it to school and it really failed, especially on summer days. even with a powder/primer, etc. it didnt help, as it would still run and fade, since k have to walk all over campus and carrying a 10 pound backpack with a laptop and my purse, makes me sweaty (due to the heat & bulk). but if im just going to lunch and just walking around ie the mall, then its fine, j havent tried this cc version yet though.

update--i think this product is okay, but my mom likes it, so i just gave it to her to use.
she has oily skin, i have normal/combo; im just more picky about what i put on my face cuz i sweat pretty easily if im running around, so i need something that wont run or streak.

on 7/17/2013 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

On its own- blah! But I mix this with foundation for a tinted moisturiser effect for my everyday routine. On its own (shade medium deep) provides very little coverage of my nc45 toned skin with its occasional post acne hyperpigmentation. But I like the formula for moisturising without causing oiliness or acne. I'm an spf girl so I wear neutrogena spf 55 or 70 underneath as 15 is not enough for me. Maybe I'd buy again as a moisturiser but not expecting "cc" benefits. Will use until finished for sure.

on 7/11/2013 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

The coverage is very sheer. I have pretty good skin, it didn't cover the slight under eye redness and few sunspots/freckles that I have...at all. The smell is bad! And it lingers. The smell reminds me of burnt plastic mixed with super cheap sun screen. It's a very chemical type odor.

Pros- Nice packaging with pump dispenser (love)
Price- Good for a drugstore product ~ fair ~ comparable with similar brands.

Cons- As noted above. They far outweigh the Pros. I am unable to use this product.
The smell is intolerable.

Will be repurchasing the The Garnier BB cream.

on 7/9/2013 8:59:00 PM

I received this in one of my beauty boxes so the colour is off - light/medium instead of fair. Light / medium is really dark and orange. This CC cream does not provide a lot of coverage (I would say very light coverage, it does not claim to give a lot of coverage.) It is very oily, so you need powder, I would say even if you are dry skinned. It's slippery as well (not a good thing). It lasted for about 2 hours on my oily skin before it disappeared.