September 20, 2014 | 1200 users online

BB Cream - Olay - Total Effects Tone Correcting "CC" Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2013 4:20:00 AM More reviews by veelui

tried the original one, and this was when i first started experimenting with bb creams/foundations, i like it as a moisturizer so i decided to really experiment it by wearing it to school and it really failed, especially on summer days. even with a powder/primer, etc. it didnt help, as it would still run and fade, since k have to walk all over campus and carrying a 10 pound backpack with a laptop and my purse, makes me sweaty (due to the heat & bulk). but if im just going to lunch and just walking around ie the mall, then its fine, j havent tried this cc version yet though.

update--i think this product is okay, but my mom likes it, so i just gave it to her to use.
she has oily skin, i have normal/combo; im just more picky about what i put on my face cuz i sweat pretty easily if im running around, so i need something that wont run or streak.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2013 10:32:00 AM More reviews by krcb4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

On its own- blah! But I mix this with foundation for a tinted moisturiser effect for my everyday routine. On its own (shade medium deep) provides very little coverage of my nc45 toned skin with its occasional post acne hyperpigmentation. But I like the formula for moisturising without causing oiliness or acne. I'm an spf girl so I wear neutrogena spf 55 or 70 underneath as 15 is not enough for me. Maybe I'd buy again as a moisturiser but not expecting "cc" benefits. Will use until finished for sure.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by annbelles

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The coverage is very sheer. I have pretty good skin, it didn't cover the slight under eye redness and few sunspots/freckles that I have...at all. The smell is bad! And it lingers. The smell reminds me of burnt plastic mixed with super cheap sun screen. It's a very chemical type odor.

Pros- Nice packaging with pump dispenser (love)
Price- Good for a drugstore product ~ fair ~ comparable with similar brands.

Cons- As noted above. They far outweigh the Pros. I am unable to use this product.
The smell is intolerable.

Will be repurchasing the The Garnier BB cream.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2013 8:59:00 PM More reviews by 2010

I received this in one of my beauty boxes so the colour is off - light/medium instead of fair. Light / medium is really dark and orange. This CC cream does not provide a lot of coverage (I would say very light coverage, it does not claim to give a lot of coverage.) It is very oily, so you need powder, I would say even if you are dry skinned. It's slippery as well (not a good thing). It lasted for about 2 hours on my oily skin before it disappeared.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2013 8:29:00 AM More reviews by Minerva10

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

WARNING-review based on scent alone...I received a sample from Costco and was exicited to try it. The young lady pumped a generous amount on the top of my hand. I rubbed it in and thought " wow, feels nice and gives me just the right amount of (light) coverage, NOTE-I don't wear foundation, but do wear concealer. I was SOLD! I grabbed one off the shelf. HOWEVER, as I walked away I smelled my hand and nearly lost my last meal! It smelled of burnt plastic, mixed with cheap 1980s tanning lotion. I quickly turned around and put it back on the shelf and ran to the restroom to wash my hands!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2013 8:17:00 PM More reviews by Btheodore138

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've only been using this stuff for about a week, so I can't really comment on the anti-aging or long lasting benefits. However, my skin has been an absolute nightmare lately between pregnancy induced acne and hard water drying the beejeezus out of it...and this stuff has really helped with any flakiness I've been having. The coverage is pretty much non-existent so unless your skin is perfect, you're going to need to wear make up over it. I also don't know how this would be on someone with oily skin. I mean, it makes my dry flaky skin look almost shiny so be warned.
The price is what's most off putting for me. It would be one thing if it had more coverage or if I see some great results, but right now it's just a good daytime moisturizer/sunscreen. I'll buy again if I have a coupon or if it's on sale.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2013 11:49:00 PM More reviews by Smalls244

I wanted to love this product, I really did. The color and coverage were great, it contained an spf, gave me adequate moisture, decent price, cool packaging and I loved that it's a pump bottle.

The only problem was that it made my face so shiny! About an hour or so after applying, my face looked oily. I'm going to try this product again in a few weeks and see if I get better results the second time around.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2013 9:47:00 PM More reviews by Kimmybyers8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love love love this!!!!! I have tried other bb creams. None compare! Cc creams are targeted for people with oily skin. I can not say enough good things about this!!!! It worked very well and I actually saw improvement in my skin!!!!! This, concealer, and powder!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2013 1:13:00 AM More reviews by BeautyexpertMartha

Olay’s CC Cream is their Total Effects 7-in-1 Tone Correcting UV Moisturizer in a new package. Yes they are the same and the ingredient lists are identical. The packaging is the same too – just with a slightly different graphic. You can find this in your nearest Walmart without the CC on the package. Some packaging will have a big sticker "CC" on the box but if you open the box to look inside, the bottle said nothing about being a "CC" Cream on it at all. It said Oil of Olay Total Effects Tone Correcting UV Moisturizer, which they have had this moisturizer out for awhile.

So is Oil of Olay trying to sell us the same product by just slapping a sticker on it and calling it "CC" Cream? I've tried a sample once and it's nothing like a proper CC cream or BB cream but looks and feels like a tinted moisturiser.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2013 1:34:00 AM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I actually really like this despite the smell. It doesn't bother me too much to make me not use this tho. It moisturizes pretty good on my combo skin and no breakouts so far. It did sting a tiny bit for like a second the first time I tried it but that was it, it doesn't do that any more. It evens my skin tone out wonderfully but I do have a gripe, by the end of the day my oily t zone looks weird...like my pores pushed it back out and its just sitting on top of my skin/oil. I also did not pay full price for this, target had it for $8 so I picked up a bottle than went back for a backup before it hit full price again.