October 20, 2014 | 1032 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Let the Good Times Roll

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2014 4:38:00 AM More reviews by mellire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I've always had problems with my skin since it's always something between dry and oily. I've also had blemishes all the time...

I've been using this product now for four months. For one time per month I use this product. (If you use the peeling everyday it's not good for your skin! This peeling is made for peeling off the skin scales when your skin renews itself once a month!)

First: I LOVE the smell...I know that not everyone love that sweet smell of popcorn, however for me it smells like heaven.

Secondly: For using this you have to pick up just a little (!!) piece and mix it with water. Then you put it on your face, use it as a peeling and wash it off.

Since I've been using it, my skin is so much better! After doing the peeling it feels so soft, clean and neat. I love this product!
(In combination to that I use the 9to 5 Cleanser as a cream after the peeling...this, ladies and gentlemen's, it the perfect duo!)

I DO recommend this product to everyone having some difficulties with the skin and searching for the perfect peeling.
Another point I want to make out is, that his product lasts for ages since you only need a little piece and you only do it once a month!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2014 8:43:00 PM More reviews by shadel

Love that cleanser!! i've been using it for the past 2 weeks + Gorgeous Moisturizer. Best combination ever (well for me). I have oily t-zone + dry cheeks. Acne prone skin. I was looking for something that would help me get rid of the blackheads and that would hydrate my skin (without over hydrating it + causing clogged pores), and that was the right cleanser!!! it exfoliates well, it isn't harsh, i use it twice a day. I said that it exfoliates well, but u still need to use ur weekly mask to remove all the dead skin and to deeply clean ur skin. To use the cleanser, all u do is take a pea-size of it, mix it with a bit of water, and rub it on ur face, then wash ur face with warm water. C'est tout!

Anyways that cleanser, not only does it smell good, but it does what it claims. After 2 weeks of use, i can confidently say that my skin is brighter, evenly toned, blackheads disappearing, my bumpy forehead is back to normal, and my skin is soft. yes it leaves a residue, but itz nothing bad, u need to wash ur face with warm (more on the hot side), to reduce that. i think most people skip that part, which is why they have more residue than expected. U r supposed to have just a bit to soften ur skin. I wouldn't recommend that cleanser for ppl with oily skin though (if u have oily skin and u want to try it, ask for a sample. Lush is pretty generous). After washing my face, i apply my Gorgeous moisturizer (also from lush), and i am left with beautiful skin! I'm happy that the cleanser is not limited-edition, cuz it really helped my skin. love it sooo much. will repurchase it once i finish my pot.

P.S: If u don't like overpowering scents, well, be sure that u smell it at the shop first, cuz itz so strong, but yet so yummy! lol. It also smells after u wash ur face and the scent stays on ur skin for an hour or two. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2014 2:41:00 PM More reviews by Sarah1325

This is my new favourite cleanser. I didn't notice any warming effect but that's probably a good thing.
It's good for gentle exfoliating but not so great at removing makeup. Overall I love this and will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by LenaPena

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this exfoliater for my face and body and I love it.
I would't call it a cleanser since it doesn't remove makeup, this is why I use it in the mornings. My skin is dry, fair, sensitive and It doesn`t irritate or make my skin feel dry at all. At the same time it leaves no oily surface and I really enjoy the fragrance, like fudge but not too sweet.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 10:02:00 PM More reviews by road2lane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm not completely sure why, but the one from the UK is a better version.

I love this stuff! The scent is amazing. My skin feels so soft and smooth after. A+

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2014 1:28:00 PM More reviews by lipstickandleather

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

amazing. amazing. amazing. did i say amazing?

this product smells so good that i want to eat it every time i use it! (thankfully they have a lip scrub for that.) let the good times roll has a delicious caramel-popcorn scent to it.

as for a scrub, it's very gentle. i like the consistency of the corn maize and it does a good job of exfoliating my skin without being too harsh. my skin looks brighter and blemish free after using this. A+ in my book!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2014 6:24:00 PM More reviews by carcar44324

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

This cleanser smells divine, like nothing I've ever smelled before, like salted caramel popcorn. It comes in a cute pot and is a paste like consistency. I have oily skin and large pores so this does a good job of exfoliating and cleaning them out. It leaves a little residue on my skin afterwards so I use a little bit of another gentle cleanser to rinse it away. This does such a good job exfoliating that it's worth it to me to have 2-steps. My skin feels so incredible exfoliated. 4 stars for the high price, residue, and small amount but otherwise this is an excellent product that will leave your skin feeling soft and radiant.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by Itsjustruthi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really really love Lush in general like their Bath bombs and stuff but this is litterally the best cleanser you can get! It cleanses your skin reallly nice (It dont cleanses your skin from Make up but from oil and other stuff that clogs your pores) and it also leaves your skin moistruized which I think is LTGTR best future cause when you are in a rush you dont have to moisturize your face which is great and it also smells amaaaazing love it!!!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2013 10:59:00 AM More reviews by Anera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I decided to invest more in my skincare routine and opted for natural ingredients. Although I would never shell so much for a skin cleanser, seeing everyone liking this cleanser, I decided to give it a try.

My skin is oily, but it is on the drier side in the beginning of the day. By two hours my skin gets oily (unlucky me). Since I have redness and blemishes, I thought this cleanser should do me good. My skin is also sensitive, gets easily red by just cleansing with any solution, ie. micellar solution, or by drying it in a towl.

Here are my thoughts:
1) it isn't a soapy cleanser so it is a little bit messy dispersing it with water on your face. I don't like this application method.
2) it doesn't clean at all, or at least good. So before you buy, note following. I decided to skip my milk for cleaning my foundation and went straight for washing my face. I applied LTGTR and massaged it thoroughly in my skin. But, due to the buttery layer that is always left when cleansing with LTGTR , it didn't remove anything from my face. While my skin was still wet, I took a cotton pad and started removing my makeup. Imagine how my cotton pad looked like... So, this cleanser should be your *final* step toward cleaning your face. I advise using a lotion afterwards to remove the left layer of this cleanser if you want to have a cleaner face.
3) the buttery layer that is left after cleansing your face with LTGTR is a nice feature if your skin is very dry. It isn't too slippery, but I am afraid of getting clogged pores by it. Their ultrabalm gave me the most horrible breakout ever. Clogged pores, cystic acne.
4) I like the slightly exfoliant nature of this cleanser, but I am at the same time sceptic it is working. If it doesn't remove makeup, does it remove any impurities? If it leaves that buttery layer, does it exfoliate, or is it just a "decoration"?
5) I don't think the price justifies the quality of this cleanser. If you are willing to pay more, go more higher end, or go for NovExpert, Yves Rocher, The Body Shop, Himalaya, L'occitane or similar, who are on the white list, don't test on animals, and have natural active ingredients, AND some of them have Eco-certificates!

After using a couple of Lush products, I am pretty disappointed with them. I like their concept, but I don't get how a) they so imperiously put high prices and b) how they got THIS popular. I really don't get it.

After I finish all my Lush products, I won't spend a dime on them. I feel naïve and like I've been robbed.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2013 11:45:00 AM More reviews by NaomiNuada

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First, a little back round:
A few months ago, I was going through a really stressful time period so my cortisol levels went through the roof and I suffered from severe cystic acne *all* over my face and chest.
First, I tried changing my face wash from Aveeno to Neutrogena and my makeup from Almay to MAC thinking that the quality would be better for my skin. WRONG. The MAC foundation made my skin break out even more and created a super oily surface over my T-zone. The Neutrogena didn't make me worse or better. After MAC, I switched to Clinique makeup and cleanser hoping that the salicylic acid would clear me up- also WRONG. It made my acne swell deeper under my skin and more clusters formed around my jawline and cheekbones. The salicylic acid just made my skin dryer so, in turn, I had weird oily/dry patches everywhere.
Finally, I made a trip to the dermatologist and I was prescribed Retin-A, Zithromax and a face wash that the doctors office sold in house. I used them for 3 months and it drastically cleared up my face but I needed a face wash *after* my prescription ended to keep my skin clear.

I went back to Aveeno Soy cleanser - its great, its gentle, and it leaves skin soft but it doesn't keep cystic acne away so I switched to Clean and Clear Cleanser 3- it has benzoyl peroxide and it did a really good job of keeping my acne away for several months (albeit drying, so you'll need a good moisturizer).

Recently, I switched to the Let The Good Times Roll Lush face wash after a friend had it at her house and I used some and fell in love with the smell.
It has a grainy texture and exfoliates really well, leaving my skin feeling fresh and soft and
hydrated. Unfortunately, it doesn't take off makeup too well (likely because of the method of application) so I have to first take my makeup off with a makeup remover (I use Neutrogena makeup remover wipes) then I turn on warm water and use the Lush face wash.
The smell is akin to caramel popcorn..it doesn't have a distinct "popcorn" smell, but it's a distinct sweet smell that only that face wash has and whenever I wash my face, it makes the bathroom and adjacent hallway smell fantastic haha. My boyfriend loves it too.
Several very recent stressful events has caused my acne to act up again and unfortunately Let The Good Times Roll is doing a poor job of keeping it away. I purchased Proactive to use once or twice a day, and will continue using Let The Good Times Roll because I like way it exfoliates and hydrates my skin. My skin definitely looks brighter and softer since using it, but I need the extra push to keep my acne away and hopefully Proactive, combined with my favorite Lush face wash will do just that.