Trader Joe's Coconut Body Butter

4.3

COCONUT BODY BUTTER : water, coconut oil, cetyl alcohol, capric/caprylic triglyceride, glyceryl stearate se, glycerin, stearyl alcohol, Shea butter, aloe leaf juice, clary extract, vitamin E, grapefruit fruit extract, yucca extract, dimethicone, orange peel extract, rosemary leaf extract, marshmallow extract, lemongrass extract, carbomer, centella asiaica extract, matricaria flower extract, polysorbate, 20, hops extract, sodium benzoate, disodium EDTA, lemon peel extract, horsetail extract, vaccinium myrtillus fruit/leaf extract, fragrance, ethylhexylglycerin, phenoxyethanol, sodium hydroxide, potassium sorbate. PUMPKIN BODY BUTTER : water, coconut oil, cetyl alcohol, shea butter, glycerin, stearyl alcohol, dimethicone, Pumpkin seed oil, Clary extract, grapefruit fruit extract, orange peel extract, rosemary leaf extract, Chamomile Recutita extract, lemon peel extract, Banana fruit extract, coconut extract, ginger root extract, guava fruit extract, lemongrass extract, papaya fruit extract, arrowroot extract, raspberry fruit extract, sandalwood extract, kelp extract, watercress extract, kukui extract, aloe leaf juice, tocopheryl acetate, carbomer, cetearyl olivate, sorbitan olivate, glyceryl caprylate, glyceryl undecylenate, fragrance, tetrasodium glutamate diacetate, sodium hydroxide. Contains Tree nuts

on 1/28/2014 3:00:00 PM

This is somewhat moisturizing, but not awesome for me -- I never find I get great relief from oil/butter-based products. When I use this on my hands, I find myself reaching for a less oily product to actually make them feel moisturized. It doesn't do a thing for my itchy legs.
The smell is STRONG for me, and lasts most of the day, so ask to smell it first (they will let you) if you are sensitive.
I have found, however, that I can use this as a hair mask! Pure coconut oil would be better, but this does a decent job. Now I have a way to use this up!

on 1/22/2014 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is a basic body butter that serves its purpose....moisturizing. I have no idea where the comparison to cake/ icing comes from, as far as the scent goes. Smells like your basic coconut scented cream to me. Nothing spectacular. The consistency is great! Smooth/ silky, and absorbs well. The packaging is perfect also. Flip top. Everyday staple product for the whole family, at a good price point. I like it.

on 1/8/2014 7:51:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I love this stuff! It smells like coconut and funfetti cake. It's very rich and hydrating. A little goes a long way! I love that the company doesn't test on animals and the price is excellent for the amount you get.

on 11/20/2013 8:58:00 PM

I am absolutely obsessed with this body butter! I was at Trader Joe's and decided to buy this on whim and I am so glad that I did! It absorbs quickly into the skin; however, it leaves your skin feeling so soft and supple. Also, did I mention that the smell is amazing! This lotion smells like a coconut, vanilla cupcake. I love the smell of coconut and this lotion is no exception. As for the texture, the body butter reminds me of a whipped consistency. I love how the lotion feels when applying it! This lotion is amazing!

on 11/3/2013 2:52:00 PM

So good! Smells great, no greasy feeling after use, and truly softens my skin. Great product!

on 10/22/2013 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have a thing for the smell of coconut. Needless to say I love the scent. I also like the creaminess. I use it at work to keep myself from getting paper cuts. It moisturizes well. But I can't give it full score because it sits on skin surface and it gets wash away even without hand soap. The ingredient list is long and not everything on it is natural.

on 10/13/2013 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I absolutely ADORE this product. The smell is incredible. Does it smell like pure coconut? No. My husband loves it because he says I smell like a day at the beach. That's a pretty apt description. It's something between Hawaiian Tropic and a Pina Colada- in the BEST possible way. The smell is light enough that I use it on my hands at work.

The lotion itself is amazing. It's thick, rich, and super-moisturizing and yet not greasy. It absorbs in beautifully.

This is a really, really great product.

on 10/8/2013 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This review is for the Trader Joe's brand of body butter, but in the seasonal Pumpkin scent.

OMG how amazing is this stuff! Aside from the smell, the product itself is incredible. It is infused with coconut oil, which is a quick absorbing oil that is well knows for serious moisturization. I don't feel like the smell lingers too long, but I can say that it absorbs lightning fast and offers SERIOUS moisture without leaving so much as a hint of greasiness. I haven't tried the coconut one, but I I can tell it will soon be one of my favorites.

BTW- if you do pick up the Pumpkin one, rest assured that it is the PERFECT pumpkin scent. It is SOOOO yummy!

on 10/1/2013 5:35:00 PM

I've tried endless body lotions/creams from high end to drug stores. Before I found this product, I used Korres body butter(Guava) which I've loved and repurchased for couple of years. However, I haven't looked back since I found this product! I'm already on my 4th tub and have two more backup "in- stock". LOL That's how much I love this product.
Pro:
1) Value - incredible value. 8 oz tub for $4.99
2) very moisturizing without the heavy, greasy/oily feeling. You can use a lot, or little as you need. I use it all year round. This got rid of those little bumps you get behind the arms especially in the winter months. yes, you know what I'm talking about... ;)
3) Texture - consistency of thick mousse. aborbs quickly with natural finish. not glossy 4) 4) Scent - Smells yummy. It doesn't smell fake, not overly vanilla/sweet. Note: Some ppl may not fully appreciate scent of coconut, but it does dissipate. I love that it doesn't compete with perfume/body spray.
One last note about packaging. It's a HUGE tub! couple of things to keep in mind are:
1) you have to dig in with your fingers. Not a big deal if your routine is after shower.
2) not very travel friendly. You can transfer some to an empty smaller moisturizer tub from somewhere else, or just buy travel-friendly containers. I wish they make smaller size available in a tube for travel version.
Overall rating: 4.5 out of 5. got my friends hooked on it, too! =)

on 9/24/2013 6:17:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love body butters, but hate how they always leave such a greasy film. This one is completely different - rich and moisturizing, but it soaks in so well. And the SMELL - it makes me smell like a coconut marshmallow. I can't be the only one tempted to eat it. haha. It just looks like heavenly vanilla frosting in the tub. The package design is great since it has a flip-top lid instead of a screw top. Why can't they all be like that? Oh, and the price? I could buy four of these babies for what one costs elsewhere. I am definitely going to stock up!