August 30, 2014 | 1789 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Trader Joe's - Coconut Body Butter

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 12:30:00 AM More reviews by Flippinsushi

This stuff is wonderful. I have very calloused feet that I do nothing to remedy because I don't care, but my cousin told me she lathers her feet with this stuff then sleeps with socks on overnight and it completely fixes her feet, so out of sheer curiosity I tried it out. Holy crap. My feet frankly looked gorgeous. I've actually been moisturizing like crazy since, if only because this stuff works so well I just can't help it. Never gets greasy, smells great, and stupid cheap. <3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2013 1:18:00 AM More reviews by fuzzysham

I love this body butter! It smells heavenly, like coconut vanilla frosting. It moisturizes really well and soaks in quite fast so it is no greasy despite the fact that it is a body butter- I even got my boyfriend hooked on it. I will randomly smell this on him and then notice that he opened up the tub and used some! So adorable.
The packaging is super convenient, I hate getting traditional body butter tubs all greasy just trying to twist the top back on! My only gripe is that somehow the lid doesn't completely close sometimes- not a problem for the perfomance of the product and the price though so I highly recommend it. Also it's cruelty free :D

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2013 12:23:00 AM More reviews by greenelady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Okay here is my review....

I have seen this several times at my Trader Joes and was very curious how this worked. After reading some positive reviews here, I decided to go to my Local TJ and purchase.

After using this for about a month now, I must I really like this product.

I am a body butter fan, I love the thickness and creaminess of them. This has a very creamy, but not heavy consistency. Feels very moisturizing on the skin, but not greasy. It works perfect in the hot humid climate I live in, it almost feels cool when applying.

I use this all over...my legs, elbows, feet and hands. It takes away any sign of dryness.

I also really like the scent. It does not have a heavy coconut scent. It smells like a vanilla frosted coconut cupcake. I love it!!!!!!!

My only concern about this product is how it will perform in the winter when my skin will be dryer and need more moisture....... We shall see!

I definitely see my self repurchasing this product and adding this as a HG product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2013 12:14:00 PM More reviews by anovice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this for the price... yes it smells quite strong at first, but the scent calms down quickly. I use it on my hands at night under my cotton gloves so I don't mind the scent. I loooove how nice it soaks in after about 10 minutes.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2013 2:36:00 AM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm so sorry to write this -- I wanted to love this and couldn't wait to open it up and dive right into a pot of coconut bliss. However, this is the most foul-smelling version of coconut I've ever encountered. I actually thought it was rancid and took it back to the store only to have the manager tell me "Yep - that's the right smell." Barf. I kept smelling it on my arms throughout the day and couldn't believe that this is labeled as coconut. The manager described the smell as "what you smell like as you are leaving the beach." What? No. Not at all. If that is the case, please don't label this as Coconut. Yes, the product is smooth and buttery -- so just call it Body Butter. But please do not call this stenchy cream anything remotely similar to Coconut. Well, it is white. I'll give that.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2013 1:34:00 AM More reviews by Ohh2pretty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This smells so delicious- yummy vanilla and coconut! It has a thick, creamy texture that absorbs easily into your skin leaving no greasy residue at all. Honestly, this has got to be one of the BEST moisturizers I have used and at the unbelievable price of $5....it could sell for triple that price and still be a "bargain." I love using this all over- it is especially good for rough spots like heels and elbows but feels great no matter where you put it. I like that it has a convenient "flip top" that makes application even easier. I LOVE this butter and will definitely repurchase- again and again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2013 9:47:00 PM More reviews by bailokaye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This. Smells. Delicious. Like a coconutty dessert! And at $5 it is such a great deal. The texture is perfect - very creamy, thick but spreadable - and not at all greasy. The packaging is nice because it has a flip top lid! It does seem to be making my keratosis pilaris bumps on my arms worse though - possibly from the coconut oil which can be comedogenic. So id suggest using it sparingly on arms if you have KP, and sparingly on chest and back areas if you're prone to acne. But it's great for the tummy and legs, feet, hands etc. even though I can't use it all over I WOULD repurchase. And recommend to anyone looking for a very luxurious body butter on the cheap! It seriously does not feel like a $5 product, it feels like a $50 one! Best body butter I've used yet.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by jellybabe23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was determined to try this product since I've heard great things about the smell/texture/moisturization properties, etc. I was hoping, however, that it would smell exactly like the TJ Coconut Oil in the jar. That stuff smells AMAZING--so tropical, so coconut-ty, and is the best coconut oil I have ever used. This body butter does not smell like the jar version. Probably because of all the additional ingredients, but it would be a plus if it smelled the same. The body butter itself is very thick and creamy and absorbs extremely quickly into my skin. I feel instantly hydrated without feeling oily. The lid never seems to close unless I hit it with my hand, but I would never imagine the product drying out or anything. Overall, I would recommend trying it out, but it will not be a repurchase for me since the scent differs from the coconut oil in a jar. Yep, I'm just picky like that lol.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2013 11:58:00 AM More reviews by primpednpink

I love Trader Joe's food- someone recently suggested I check out their body care/beauty section. Since I LOVE the smell of coconut (especially in summer) I had to try this body butter. It's thick, rich, creamy and smells amazing. It's more vanilla/coconut as others have said. I've found that guys love these sweet sort of scents - my boyfriend loves how it smells! Definitely a plus. Plus it's dirt cheap! $4.99 compared to BodyShop Butters at $20/each.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2013 4:18:00 PM More reviews by Asianbarbiee91

What's not to love? It smells delicious, has hints of vanilla and coconut. It has a thick, luxurious texture that moisturizes quite well given that the price is under $5. I also like that you can flip open the lip instead of having to unscrew it every time like.