April 16, 2014 | 2082 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Trader Joe's - Coconut Body Butter

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2013 12:14:00 PM More reviews by anovice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this for the price... yes it smells quite strong at first, but the scent calms down quickly. I use it on my hands at night under my cotton gloves so I don't mind the scent. I loooove how nice it soaks in after about 10 minutes.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2013 2:36:00 AM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm so sorry to write this -- I wanted to love this and couldn't wait to open it up and dive right into a pot of coconut bliss. However, this is the most foul-smelling version of coconut I've ever encountered. I actually thought it was rancid and took it back to the store only to have the manager tell me "Yep - that's the right smell." Barf. I kept smelling it on my arms throughout the day and couldn't believe that this is labeled as coconut. The manager described the smell as "what you smell like as you are leaving the beach." What? No. Not at all. If that is the case, please don't label this as Coconut. Yes, the product is smooth and buttery -- so just call it Body Butter. But please do not call this stenchy cream anything remotely similar to Coconut. Well, it is white. I'll give that.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2013 1:34:00 AM More reviews by Ohh2pretty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This smells so delicious- yummy vanilla and coconut! It has a thick, creamy texture that absorbs easily into your skin leaving no greasy residue at all. Honestly, this has got to be one of the BEST moisturizers I have used and at the unbelievable price of $5....it could sell for triple that price and still be a "bargain." I love using this all over- it is especially good for rough spots like heels and elbows but feels great no matter where you put it. I like that it has a convenient "flip top" that makes application even easier. I LOVE this butter and will definitely repurchase- again and again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2013 9:47:00 PM More reviews by bailokaye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This. Smells. Delicious. Like a coconutty dessert! And at $5 it is such a great deal. The texture is perfect - very creamy, thick but spreadable - and not at all greasy. The packaging is nice because it has a flip top lid! It does seem to be making my keratosis pilaris bumps on my arms worse though - possibly from the coconut oil which can be comedogenic. So id suggest using it sparingly on arms if you have KP, and sparingly on chest and back areas if you're prone to acne. But it's great for the tummy and legs, feet, hands etc. even though I can't use it all over I WOULD repurchase. And recommend to anyone looking for a very luxurious body butter on the cheap! It seriously does not feel like a $5 product, it feels like a $50 one! Best body butter I've used yet.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by jellybabe23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was determined to try this product since I've heard great things about the smell/texture/moisturization properties, etc. I was hoping, however, that it would smell exactly like the TJ Coconut Oil in the jar. That stuff smells AMAZING--so tropical, so coconut-ty, and is the best coconut oil I have ever used. This body butter does not smell like the jar version. Probably because of all the additional ingredients, but it would be a plus if it smelled the same. The body butter itself is very thick and creamy and absorbs extremely quickly into my skin. I feel instantly hydrated without feeling oily. The lid never seems to close unless I hit it with my hand, but I would never imagine the product drying out or anything. Overall, I would recommend trying it out, but it will not be a repurchase for me since the scent differs from the coconut oil in a jar. Yep, I'm just picky like that lol.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2013 11:58:00 AM More reviews by primpednpink

I love Trader Joe's food- someone recently suggested I check out their body care/beauty section. Since I LOVE the smell of coconut (especially in summer) I had to try this body butter. It's thick, rich, creamy and smells amazing. It's more vanilla/coconut as others have said. I've found that guys love these sweet sort of scents - my boyfriend loves how it smells! Definitely a plus. Plus it's dirt cheap! $4.99 compared to BodyShop Butters at $20/each.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2013 4:18:00 PM More reviews by Asianbarbiee91

What's not to love? It smells delicious, has hints of vanilla and coconut. It has a thick, luxurious texture that moisturizes quite well given that the price is under $5. I also like that you can flip open the lip instead of having to unscrew it every time like.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2013 8:34:00 AM More reviews by miadam728

I love this body butter! It is so yummy! I do smell the coconut, but it fades into a frosting smell....which is still awesome! The texture of the cream is perfect!! It feels amazing! Overall great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 8:05:00 PM More reviews by Arlynda

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have very thin dry skin due to taking prednisone on a long term basis and I get terrible red splotches from bruising on my arms. Since starting to use this product (approximately for 2 weeks now) my skin has cleared up and the bruising is virtually gone. If I catch the bruises as soon as they occur they do not even manifest themselves. I highly recommend this product and will keep buying it. I am hoping that I can also find it in a purse size container.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2013 5:29:00 PM More reviews by Karidinka

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Yeah, I like it. But it's not really that moisturizing. It'll probably be perfect for summer, or for people who don't have skin as dry as I do.

Smells lovely, but if you ask me, it's too strong. It reminds me of the Mountain Ocean Skin Trip Coconut Lotion, except it's even stronger. Nice if you don't plan on wearing any perfume, otherwise you're screwed.

I will probably repurchase, but it's certainly not HG for me.