December 18, 2014 | 1842 users online

Blush - E.L.F. - Studio HD Blush (all)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 7:14:00 PM More reviews by SilverAngel621

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:
You get a lot for what you pay for
price ($3)
packaging with a pump, looks nice overall
great pigmentation

Cons:
it kind of separates from the liquid so you have to shake it before you apply

I love this blush. I made the mistake of squirting out half a pump the first time and it was way too much. A small, minute amount is perfect, like the amount of a really really small pimple lol. The color is great and I don't think I'll ever run out of this.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2014 10:08:00 AM More reviews by nakedmannequin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I picked up the color Diva at Target for around $3 and was apprehensive about the formulation because I had never really used a cream blush, and I tend to get oily fairly quickly so I was unsure about staying power. For the price I was willing to experiment.

The pigment and consistency was a surprise… SUPER pigmented and a little thicker than what I expected. After playing with it I realized I really only needed about half a pea-sized amount. Seriously. Like grain of rice sized amount for application. A little goes a LONG way.

The first way I decided to wear it is the way I have worn it ever since:

After moisturizing ONLY, I squirted said amount on the back of my hand and blended the product to (lightly) load up a kabuki brush (very pigmented so the product is there). Applied to apples of cheeks/blended upward/wherever.

Looking pretty clowny at this point. I set the blush with UD All Nighter (which I usually put on before foundation), then applied mineral foundation as usual (the loreal one) and the rest of my makeup.

My foundation diffused the color and what I got was a ~glow from within~ that absolutely does not fade over the course of a 12 hour day. In fact, the get this stuff off the back of my hand after application I have to SCRUB with soap.

I love the look and the staying power and will definitely purchase again.

I took off 1 lippie because the consistency turned watery a few days ago and I'm not sure why. I bought the product about 3 months ago but the consistency had totally changed. I did leave it in luggage in a hot car a few weeks ago which made have had something to do with it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2014 2:42:00 AM More reviews by larosedechanel

I have e.l.f. Studio HD Blush in Showstopper. I paid $3 for it at Kmart. Other shades include: Headliner, Superstar, Diva, & Encore. I'll start by being straightforward so no one wastes their time: if you don't know how to apply creams to your face or blend well, don't get these. I've worked as a hairstylist & a makeup artist & I'm not ashamed to say I had a hard time working with it the first two times I wore it. I got so frustrated I almost pitched it in the trash! I finally found out what the issue was: easy over-application. This blush is lightweight, but it is so highly pigmented & a little goes go a long way. I need a VERY SMALL amount to achieve the look I want. I'm not kidding, I hardly press the pump & even the small amount that comes out on to my finger is still probably too much. I apply this blush with my fingertips & simply blend upwards & out. It takes a bit of time & patience, but it can look nice. This is a good product, but after I finish this bottle, that's it. I won't go out of my way to buy another.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2014 12:26:00 PM More reviews by lifeinfuschia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

These blushes are really wonderful, you just need to master the application process to make them work! I have it in "superstar" which is very flattering and natural coral on my NC05 skin. I simply put a tiny dot on my blush brush, blend it out a bit to avoid patchy application, and voila! Can't beat the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2014 9:18:00 PM More reviews by sjlc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This blush is honestly amazing! Picked it up for $3. The packaging remind me of the MUFE hd blush. It is incredibly pigmented, but I got the lighter, more subdued of the colors "headliner" it's a nice poppy pink and the best choice for fair skinned ladies like me. I was worried about it being quite garish or clown like because I'm not a blush girl in the first place and it's quite cheap. I prefer a nice healthy flush that looks natural and compliments my freckled skin. This does the trick. It glides on nice and smooth due to the liquid texture. It does give my skin a nice even look, and I apply translucent powder to set and it looks perfectly airbrushed and natural. With the powder it lasts almost 6 hours(and I'm an oily girl), but it fades evenly instead of spreading out and getting blotchy. I find it extremely hard to blend out with my fingers directly on my skin. I've always had that issues with cream/liquid blushers. The finger tip method always distributes the pigment unevenly and smears my foundation around. So I picked up the elf stippling brush and the two go great together. I put a small (I mean teeny tiny) bit on the back of my hand and flatten it out with my finger, then lightly press the brush into it and blot it around to get it evenly picked up. Then I gently stipple it on the spot I want it. I find this is the best for precision while still giving it a nice finish. Hope this helps those of you having trouble applying this stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2014 3:49:00 AM More reviews by krose03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow, is this pigmented- I mean crazy pigment! You only need a DOT, I am so serious or you will look like a circus act. Great colors, rich pigment, extremely affordable and long lasting, and let's not forget the trademark elf pricetag- 1-3 dollars. Either you'll love it or you won't cry over it if you don't so just try it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2014 8:21:00 PM More reviews by EmRose6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm VERY impressed with this - ELF products, especially the Studio Line have continued to surprise me! I purchased this when ELF was having a 50% off sale - so I got this for around $1.50. Later did I find out that my Target started carrying more of their studio line (including these blushes) as well as the cream shadows and other lip products, etc. First things first, I was suprised at how small this tube was. However, when I realized how bold these pigments were I know that I would probably never need more than this one tube. It's so pigmented that even a little pin drop (for swatching purposes) was enough to provide a heavy swatch on the back of my hand AND my wrist. It did take quite a bit of scrubbing with soap to get all of it off. When I tried to apply it to my face, I was a bit confused how to do so because such small dots did not provide a lot of product to work with and smear around on the apples of my cheeks. I tried blending it out with my small stipple and it took some work but it blended out just fine. I have this in Superstar which is a nice medium pink with a bit of coral (in my opinion) there are also small flecks of glitter in this too. Overall, I am pleased with this but wish that it wasn't AS pigmented so it would be easier to apply to the cheeks without looking clownish, also very great color selection too!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2014 4:15:00 PM More reviews by nykrod112

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Im in love! For the price, quality and quantity i am blown away. I bought the fuchsia color today and used it as a matte lip color bc i already had blush on. I love love it. U have to try it!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2014 2:17:00 AM More reviews by crystaldw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh boy I cant wait to get all the colors.so far I've only got one (my local kmart just got these) in "Superstar" a dirty pinky color (those tones look best on me). Very easy to blend & you don't need much at all. Usually I give the top pump just the tinyist push to get a smaller then pea size amount on the back of my hand for both cheeks then will put 3/4 dots along cheek bone& blend..easy peasy . dosn't last all day but longer then their powdered blush ( mabey if I put a powdered blush on top it would last longer but I'm fine with it for now) I really like these ALOT. It's crazy cheep for such a nice product..HIGHLY RECOMENDED.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2014 10:33:00 PM More reviews by Havemore

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was a bit hesitant to purchase this since here in Canada the only way to purchase E.L.F. is on line, but I decided to give it a go. I have the blush in Headliner. Boy the women on here are not kidding when they say it's pigmented to a HUGE degree. I shake it and put less than a pin head drop on my hand and that does my blush for the day. I decided to try a Wayne Goss trick and put it UNDER my foundation and it looked really natural doing it that way. All in all certainly worth the pennies it cost because it will last a really long time. I don't regret buying it a bit, have grown to like E.L.F. and enjoy the quality that comes at such an affordable price.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No