E.L.F. Studio HD Blush (all)

Isododecane, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Cetearyl Methicone, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Nylon-12, Barium Sulfate, Mica, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate (Ve), Propylparaben. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red No.27 Lake (CI 45410), Red No.7 Lake (CI 15850), Yellow No.5 Lake (CI 19140), Red No.40 Lake (CI 16035), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090), Ultramarine Violet (CI 77007), Manganese Violet (CI 77742)

on 2/17/2015 2:44:00 PM

There is probably a huge learning curve to using is product, but I'm not willing to go through it. I got angry red bombs on my cheeks when I first tried it, and it dried so fast I couldn't buff it out, although I buffed so hard I may have shaved some skin off! It's so hard to control and you can very easily overdo it. i think I'll stick to cream blushes.

on 2/17/2015 1:23:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I got Diva and I am fair, and this iis a very bright fuchsia. I coud wear a color like this, but it's so pigmented it's impossible to work with. Too bad as when I get it right it stays put and looks great. What is hard is, if you put too much it doesn't come off w/o makeup remover. If I pump a bit on the hand I have to wash my hand with soap and water after. It gets everywhere. It's very hard to get a small enough amount on the cheek. It comes out like I thick liquid. Best method is to put smalles pump on the back of hand and get the least amount on a stipple brush. The dab it on the back of your had and then on your cheek. Works well, but is not full proof and requires makeup remover to clean your hand. BeneTint goes on easier as it's sheerer. But it's a lovely blush. Just tricky.

The packaging is cute and clean. You get a lot and it lasts really well. You only need a microscopic amount. The color is fuchsia which I think is flattering on everyone. I wish you culd get the right easily. I don't love using it as it's risky. When you mess up you have to remove makeup from your cheeks and that is annoying. But it stays put.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is a fantastic budget find. I have two of these.

The pigmentation is incredible, and I really only need a pinprick to cover both my cheeks. The colour lasts all day, and then some. I apply it with my fingers. I did find that I had to experiment with how much to apply and where to apply it, as I am used to powder blushes. Once I got the hang of it, there was no looking back!

I let my friend try it when she was at my house, because she didn't believe that such a cheap find could work so well. She ended up immediately purchasing it as the colour looked gorgeous on her.

I hope they come out with more colours!

While I did say that I would repurchase when I ran out, I expect a bottle to last me the rest of my life.

on 1/26/2015 7:01:00 AM

For me, sadly, this product was a waste of money. The packaging with a pump dispenser was nice and hygienic and the pigmentation's very good, but these are the only pros I can think of. Mine dried out very quickly (did I receive a bad one...?). The shade range was crappy for people with fair skin, IMO. Plus, the product is loaded with silicones and "rolled"/caked up easily when blending as well as separated... Would I buy again? NO.

I love this blush! It requires the tiniest amount to give big color payoff and it lasts ALL day long! I have the palest pink and the hot pink color, I'm very fair and cool toned and can use both. The palest pink color is my every day blush and the hot pink is when I want a more vibrant cheek. When I say that you only need the smallest amount, I'm talking about a pin head amount, it is VERY concentrated. I use the ELF stippling brush to apply this, and that works well for me, because it doesn't apply too much product at once. I have higher end blushes (NARS, TARTE) but, I prefer this one over both of those. I have also used this as a lip stain with good results. I would definitely repurchase, but honestly it will take me forever to use it up!

I love these blushes! They last all day on me and they aren't tacky feeling although I do always set them with a powder blush. I wish there were a few more colors. I also kind of wish the packaging was different. Although you can get a small amount out if you do it right I wish it was a bit more precise. It is really cheap though so product getting wasted isn't really that big of a deal. Would definitely repurchase once I go through a few more cream blushes.

on 11/22/2014 6:58:00 PM

For $3 this is one of the best make-up products I ever purchased, have never been disappointed with an ELF product yet, another great value. I purchased this in Target in the shade Superstar, great color, would pretty well match any skin tone, yellow or blue undertones. The packaging could use a little work, way too much comes out in one squirt, but for $3 you almost don't mind the waste as much.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I look forward to using the hd blush, I bought it in the color diva I believe, it looks so bright n pretty

on 10/29/2014 2:46:00 PM

Ok, so I really like this blush. I mean, REALLY like this blush. Until I bought this ( $2.40 at K-Mart) I very rarely wore blush at all. Too much work to apply, annoying color changes throughout the day, too dry or too greasy, no lasting power, usually crazy expensive, etc, etc. This little bottle has changed my mind completely. I bought it in Superstar, which seemed the most natural of the colors I saw - but I do have goldenish, NW 20-25 skin so I thought that would work the best. I had read many of the MUA reviews for the product, and so expected there might be a bit of a learning curve regarding application. I was, however, completely unprepared for the amount of pigment this blush contains. At first, with the teensiest dot on each cheek...EEK!! I looked like the victim of a 70's baby oil-and-tin foil (remember THAT, ladies?!?) all-day-on-the-beach sunburn!! Nope - definitely not the look I was going for. Then I tried it with a brush - same insane pigment, but with streaks, too!! Then I put the tiniest little dot on my finger and added a drop of my sunscreen, and then blended it onto my cheekbones with a gentle tapping motion. Whoop, whoop!! The prettiest, airiest, softest looking flush I could've asked for. Looks moist, not greasy, and real, not phony - AND it lasts all damn day! I decided I liked it so much that I would try it on my lips too, as other reviewers have suggested, even though I never expect much from lip colors and am very seldom wowed by them. Lipstick is the bane of my existence! Am I alone out there? I don't think so. I have literally at least 100 different lip products, between old stash and the 20 or so products that I'm currently rotating through - and I am just never satisfied with one thing or another. So I'm not going to say that this product is perfect on my lips - but it sure comes mighty close, so far. I apply a light layer of carmex or another waxy balm, then dab the blush LIGHTLY all over my lips, smush them together, clean up the edges with a cotton swab (or my finger), and voila! I am floored by the color and finish - soft and pretty, not glittery or frosty at all. Doesn't look like lipstick, but has more substance than a gloss - does that make sense? Wears off evenly over about 5 hours but then leaves a stain that just needs a little balm to stay fresh. I am absolutely impressed with this and plan to pick up a couple more to keep in the fridge, just in case it's discontinued for some reason. I love makeup and love to experiment, but at the prices being charged these days for good quality cosmetics, it's just irritating to buy products that turn out to be crap. I plan to definitely try out other things by elf - this blush is a real find. I can't see running out anytime soon, because you need so very little - but like I said - I'm going to grab a couple of back ups anyway.

on 10/24/2014 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

Headliner makes a great temporary hair dye. I found that out when I was doing my cheeks and some of the color ended up in on the sides of my hair. I used makeup wipes, soaked paper towels to try to get it out but I left it in there for the day. It did washed out this morning. It lasted longer than on my cheeks!

Popular Blush Products