April 25, 2014 | 849 users online

Cleansers - Ponds - Luminous Clean Cream Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2013 12:24:00 PM More reviews by CindyS

I don't have very many products that I would declare as Holy Grails, but this one totally fits the bill. If I were to design the perfect cleanser for my sensitive, dry skin, this would be it. It removes all make-up completely, without ever leaving my face dry or tight or irritated in any way. And it smells absolutely lovely. As far as I know, this product is not yet available in Canada, so I stock up every time I go to the USA.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2013 3:28:00 PM More reviews by Elecin1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best cleansers I've ever used. It removes all my makeup with a single washing, even waterproof mascara, without any stinging or over drying. I've even tested this by using my clarasonic knock off after using this cleanser and there was no dirt on the brush at all. I love that I can skip the additional step of using a separate makeup remover. I've seen it for about $7.50 a bottle but most times I stock up when it's on sale at Walgreens for $3.50. You really can't beat that.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2013 2:08:00 PM More reviews by indianagirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

For over a year I had been using Albolene followed by a cream cleanser, but felt the need to simplify my routine and started worrying that all that rubbing off of the Albolene might not be the best for my skin. Plus, I started wearing less makeup, so I didn't feel the need for such a heavy makeup remover. Bought this based on MUA reviews and frankly, at $4.95 at Target, what did I have to lose. However, I find I really like this for my night time cleanser. It is gentle, thoroughly cleans off my sunscreen and mineral makeup, and has really seemed to make a difference in pore size and skin appearance. I've used this now for 3 weeks, and feel that it is a keeper. I did try to use this morning and night, but found it was too drying if I used it twice a day. Once a day followed by moisturizer works great for me. Packaging is nice, price is ridiculously cheap, it only takes a nickel size amount for face and neck, and the clay seems to really draw out impurities. Would give it 5 lippies, but not crazy about the fragrance. Edit 6/13/13.. Have to revise this to 5 lippies, as it is total HG status now. After tweaking my face routine and eliminating harsher exfoliants this is wonderful. Use it morning and night with no dryness or redness. My face feels clean with no stripped feeling at all, and only 1 blemish in over 2 months. Have repurchased and will continue to do so. I even enjoy the fragrance now :). Edit 7/25/13 : I'm still using this every morning but have started using the exfoliating cleanser from this line at night. Wonderful combo, highly recommend. Edit 3/16/14: had to change my rating and will not repurchase. Over time this really started to irritate and dry out my skin terribly. I tried to deny it for awhile and changed other parts of my routine but had to admit this was the culprit. Have since switched to CeraVe products and now see what a fragrance free, gentle product can do, and will not go back.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2013 6:35:00 PM More reviews by Alison04823

I love this cleanser! I literally finished the bottle already and i need to get a new one! Though this time i'm getting the ponds luminous moisture lotion with spf because this did leave my skin a little dry but i have dry skin so yeah but over all best cleanser ever. It costs like 5 bucks and lasts you up to 3 months. Definitely repurchasing this :D oh and doesn't sting your eyes that much like other cleansers do.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by makeup4evrchristine

This cream cleanser is definitely the best cream cleanser I have ever tried! The price is great and it leaves my skin feeling soft and silky. I would purchase again!

Pros:
-effectively cleans to eliminate oil on the face
-affordably price ($4-$5)
-suds up well
-lives up to claims, this really does make my face luminous after a few uses!
- didn't break me out, non-comedogenic
-removes make up

Cons:
-strong sugary floral scent that I found overbearing
-tube wasn't filled up completely
-can be a tad bit drying on the cheeks (I have combo skin w/ normal/dry cheeks and an oily nose and forehead)
-thicker consistency than the cream cleansers I've tried (when it comes to distributing product from fingers onto the face)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2013 7:00:00 PM More reviews by lisachy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Absolutely love this. Even after one wash, I noticed how bright my skin was. It's inexpensive, doesn't break me out, nice light scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 2:24:00 AM More reviews by lizzredhead

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this cleanser for about 2 weeks & I really like it! I tend to break out easily & have minor breakouts a lot, mostly hormonal. Since using this cleanser NO breakouts, it cleans the skin very well, gets all my makeup off including my mascara. My skin has been feeling really fresh & clean best part is how cheap this is. I totally recommend this product its worth the try!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2013 9:25:00 PM More reviews by nihaobrookey

takes ALL my face makeup off in one wash like no other, and doesn't break me out and I feel that it actually helps my skin since I am very prone to clogs and the occasional breakout so happy to have found this as nothing has ever taken my makeup off this easy! my HG :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2013 3:34:00 AM More reviews by Gen12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I seriously love this thing it melts my make up off like nobodies business very inexpensive and doesn't leave my face feeling dry !!! I love it will defiantly be repurchasing after a run out

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2013 3:32:00 AM More reviews by veebaby

Love this face wash I recently had the worst breakout of my life bought all this expensive stuff at sephora wasted lots of money and everything was leaving my skin red and raw but this gentle wash has beer doing wonders in clearing my skin up doesn't dry my skin out and removes eye make and it was only 5buks cant . Wrong with this one

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No