October 25, 2014 | 1023 users online

Powder - LORAC - Oil-Free Wet/Dry Makeup

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2009 7:48:00 PM More reviews by madaket

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Had high hopes for this product--but I won't be repurchasing. In fact, had I saved the receipt (which you would think I would do automatically, having been disappointed many times in the past) I would have returned it.

I gave it two lippies because the packaging is decent and the color match was good. But what does it matter if the color match is good if it HAS NO COVERAGE? Seriously. I hit pan really fast, probably because I was desperately trying to get some coverage out of it, but no matter how much I put on, my mild rosacea/enormous pores/fine lines were still very visible. In fact, I think it actually accentuated my pores. Good times.

Other strikes against it--just because it is oil free, don't be fooled into thinking it's mattifying. I was shining like a beacon within a few hours, even though I set it with MAC blot. Also, it's pretty expensive for what it is.

If you have good skin in the first place and you like how this feels, then I guess it's an okay choice (although I still think you could get a better powder foundation for the money--Maybelline Purestay, for instance.) But if you have oily skin and issues that require anything more than the lightest coverage, I honestly wouldn't bother.

Hope this helps someone

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2009 9:56:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

Yuck, yuck , yuck. This dried my skin, irritated my rosacea and turned ever so pumpkiny on me. Thank God there are better powder foundations than this one, at least for my mature dryish skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2009 1:26:00 AM More reviews by SayoonaraSadness

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Of the many times I've gone to Sephora I almost always have bad experiences with the product that a Sephora SA recommends to me (thank goodness for MUA). For the third time I went to Sephora just to get a good basic blotting powder thats all I wanted and I figured they'd steer me in the right direction. But no! Another mishap. She told me to try this out. I had no idea it was a foundation, I wasn't really looking for foundation I specified that I only needed a blotting powder. So I used this for a good 3 weeks, expecting it to absorb my shine and even using this foundation as touchup! Agh! I found it did not absorb much oil . Again, I did not know this was a foundation, & not a touch up powder!! It disappointed me more when I realized I forked up 30 something dollars for this. WD 2.5 was my right shade after the first SA gave me the wrong color!! As a foundation, really sheer to no coverage. Would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2009 11:30:00 AM More reviews by hyperj00

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Lightweight, doesn't smell, doesn't irritate acne. This is my standard powder. I wear this with Stila Illuminating tinted moisturizer and am pleased. It looks like I'm not wearing any makeup, which is the look I'm going for: coverage that you can't see.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2009 11:18:00 AM More reviews by Nnail

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have very fair, very oily skin with very large pores that can be very sensitive. Loving the convenience of a powder foundation, I am on the hunt for the perfect pore filling, non-irritating, long lasting, perfect colour foundation. I thought I found my holy grail in Lorac's Oil Free Wet/Dry Powder Makeup. Sure, the price made me cringe a little (Sephora), but the texture was so amazing, and the colour so perfect for me that I splurged. So first I tried it with a damp sponge. Not much coverage at all. So next I tried it dry. Great colour, not much coverage. Doesn't hide large pores. But hey ... my skin didn't react! Woohoo! Alas, it's coverage is so sheer that I only use it as a powder to set my liquid foundation (Cargo Oil Free) and since I'm seeing the bottom of the compact after only a month of light use, given the price I doubt I'll repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2009 7:04:00 PM More reviews by fashionista_ae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This has just become my HG foundation! I wish I would have tried it sooner. They used to just sell this with no box, just the compact out in the open, and that seemed cheap to me and turned me off, so I never tried it. Now that they sell it with a box, it seemed more appealing to me for some reason, so I decided to give it a try, and boy am I glad I did!!! This product is amazing. This is by far the best foundation I have ever used. It gives me a sheer to medium coverage, a smooth natural matte finish, is very long wearing, lasts all day long, and has great oil control. I wear shade #2 which is great for my fair/light yellow undertone skin. This does not oxidize on me throughout the day and turn grossly orange like a lot of makeups tend to do, the color stays as true as it did from the moment I put it on in the morning, till the moment I take it off at night. I am truly blown away by this foundation, and am so glad I tried it. I will never use another foundation as long as this one exists. I pray Lorac never discontinues this foundation! As far as I'm aware, its one of their bestsellers. I highly recommend this to anyone with combo/oily skin, looking for a sheer/medium long wearing coverage.
*** UPDATE: I still like this, and keeping it at 5 lippies, however I've noticed that it does not quite photograph as nicely as my Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick. My BB Foundation Stick looks just as nicely on as this does, and performs just as well, but looks much better in photographs. I think I'll stick to my BB as my HG foundation, but this Lorac foundation is still a good powder foundation.

*** Update *** I took away one lippie, just because I found a powder foundation that I like better, read my review for Shiseido's Sheer Matifying Powder Foundation.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2009 4:40:00 PM More reviews by Figure88

I searched for YEARS for a powder that would not irritate my sensitive skin. Every powder I used (including several different MM brands) caused me to have deep, under the skin breakouts. I realized it was likely due to an ingredient used in most powders, so I just accepted I couldn't use this type of make up. After several months of being sick and tired of my MU disappearing after a few hours, I searched for what felt like weeks for something that might work. I came across some reviews for another Lorac powder and set my mind on that. When I went into Sephora I noticed this is oil free, which is always a plus, so I decided to fork over the $35.00 for this "foundation" to use as a powder. At Sephora I was very impressed with the color selection, I am super pale with pink undertones and the WD1 was the perfect creamy shade. I buffed on the silky powder and was really impressed by how it applied - smoothly, seamless...not chalky, caky or obvious. It wasn't too heavy either. Certain I would breakout I invested little hope as I applied this lovely powder each day. Weeks past and my skin stay clear and I stayed happy. This is an absolute must in my collection! I've never tried it as foundation, but it sets my make up like nuttin' else. There is no fragrance and it didn't irritate my skin. I did find however that the sponge that came with the powder did make my face burn, so I tossed it and use a kabuki brush. If you are in the market for a multipurpose gentle product then look no further!

UPDATE: MAKES ME BREAKOUT EVERY TIME *TEARS*

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2009 5:34:00 PM More reviews by oohollyoo

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i have combo/oily skin that tend to breakout in little bumps. this powder does not stay matte but gives a nice natural luminous finish. i have to apply a blot powder on top to keep the shiney t zone away. wd2.5 seems light but after a couple of hours looks natural on my nc 35 face but the wd3 looks perfect once applied. if reapplied during the day turns my skin darker due to the oils. overall great powder for sensative skin but no lasting power. i still like it and the blot powder (mac med/dark)works well to keep it in place.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2008 4:52:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love this powder foundation. I'm NW35, It is the perfect color match which is rare because I'm very yellow: not light and not brown, I selected shade 3 (I have a south asian skintone- indian/pakistani descent). Stays all day, sometimes better than my liquid colorstay longwearing makeup. It doesnt cover 100% of imperfections, but it has a medium coverage and perfect for travel. LOVE it!!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/27/2008 12:17:00 AM More reviews by TypeAAA

I read through the ingredients of almost every foundation at sephora (yes, it took a looooooong time). I do have sensitive skin - anything that disagrees with my skin will break out in cystic pimples. So this product seemed pretty good, in terms of ingredients, oil-free, no mica, no fragrance. The only questionable ingredient was the methoxycinnamate. Unfortunately my skin was not happy with it. Besides breaking out from using this product, I thought the color options were awful and there was not a wide variety. The closest color for me was #3, but it was too pink/orange on my skin. In dry form, it gives medium-heavy coverage, but looked powdery and chalky (even after using Kiehl's ultra facial moisturizer). I liked the packaging - a nice portable compact.

Well, I'm going back to Sue Devitt, which is not as portable but it agrees with my skin.