LORAC PRO Palette

4.5

After much research and deliberation, i decided to spend the money and invest in the palette. i am SO glad i did! I have an urban decay palette that i used to use daily but it has fallen by the wayside... i definitely find myself reaching for my lorac pro much more! i love how it has half matte and half shimmer, and all so pigmented! Every color is beautiful to me.. i can't find one that is unwearable or that i don't like. You can pretty much create any look you want, for any time of the day with this one palette. I'm a bit of a 'neutral' junkie and I'm very picky, but honestly i don't have any complaints! i don't experience any of the fallout that others seem to, or the creasing which is odd since i have oily lids. if you're on the fence about it, i would definitely make the investment.. you won't be sorry!

on 12/31/2014 6:48:00 PM

I love the Lorac Pro, its my HG eyeshadow palette. I think it has a great range of neutral colors and I love that it's half matte half shimmer. In particular, cream is the best all-over base color I've found and both Taupe and Mauve are great crease/transition colors for me while pewter is the perfect shade for my outer V and lower lash line. In addition, I like that none of the shades seem truly out of my league, sable isn't too warm, I love the gold shade, and deep purple makes an excellent liner. My only complaint is that there is some fall out with the shimmer shades, since they are so soft. Tapping off excess over the pan certainly helps though. Bottom line: Lorac Pro eyeshadow formula is my HG and this, of the pro palettes, offers the best shade selection for me. I'm really worried about hitting pan on cream, but when I do rest assured I'll pick up a new palette.

on 12/30/2014 3:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I feel really bad saying this, but what is with the hype of this palette??
Yes the colours are nice and are really creamy but I feel like the colour pay off just isn't there and they really don't blend that easily or nicely on my eyes.
Maybe I am doing something wrong but I just feel like these are way too much work and even when I am done I feel like everything just seems to look really similar.
As much as I want to love this palette it just didn't work out for me.

AMAZING PALETTE. I bought it at Ulta for $42USD. The eyeshadows are supaaaa powdery and you have to tap off lots to get the right amount. Super smooth and creamy and buttery. Hella pigmented- the color gold is probably the most pigmented in this palette. The shade champagne really let me down- super chunky and glittery, close to nude but with lots of glitter. Palette gets super dirty easily. Really really easy to hit pan on these eyeshadows since you tap off most of the product. Super sleek packaging and great to carry on the go. Comes also with a primer- not a fan of it. It smells terrible and is super sticky, like glue on your eyelids. Ehhh, but the eyeshadows are phenomenal.

on 12/23/2014 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Let me start off by saying I am a hard core Urban Decay Junkie! So when I saw the Lorac Pro (1) I was not totally impressed. I mean, it wasnt as beautiful as my Nakeds. The mattes looked boring. The intense gold scared me! I watched review after review and decided since it was only 42$ (cheaper than my Nakeds) I would try it out. Wow! I am so impressed by the quality!
They are such soft shadows with intense pigmentation.

There are 8 matte and 8 shimmer shades:

Pewter - awesome all over color - A+
Garnet - looks amazing with deep purple in the outer corner! - A+
Deep purple - amazing intensity - A+
Slate - good color for some, just not me - A

swatching these colors for this review makes me fall even harder for this palette. It truly is worth every penny. The packaging sucks, it will always look dirty. But I didnt get mine for looks so I deal with it just fine.

If you are torn between the two loracs and CANT get both, I would personally get the 2 but either choice is a clear winner. Try Lorac and you will be hooked, I use one of the Loracs every day and I own all the Nakeds and a ton of others!

on 12/13/2014 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

PROS

- color selection
- contains both matte/shimmer finishes
- easy to blend
- very soft
- long wearing

CONS

- mattes kick up a ton of product
- some fallout
- amount of product

COMMENTS: Very beautiful palette. I love the fact that there is an equal amount of both shimmer and matte finishes. They're incredibly pigmented, easy to blend, long wearing, and very soft. They're almost too soft. I have to be very careful when picking up product with my brush or else they create a mess. These shadows can be so easily dented and create fallout. Then again, the fact that they're so buttery is also a good thing. They're so easy to work with. It's a great palette to have if you love neutrals. I wish it contained more product, but they're such great quality regardless.

Will repurchase.

on 12/11/2014 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

THIS. This is my holy grail palette. As an owner of both Naked 1 & 2, too faced natural, return of sexy and the chocolate bar I can say that I've hardly touched them ever since the Pro came into my life. It's an extremely versatile palette and unlike other palettes on the market (I'm looking at you naked) every single color on here is usable and flattering on everyone. If you're looking for a palette to get your money's worth out of, this is certainly it.

on 12/8/2014 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I'm always looking for a neutral eyeshadow palette. I'm an eyeshadow palette hoarder, it's unhealthy. I'm obsessed with this palette, I use it every single day, everytime I do my makeup. I neglect my other palettes because I'm always using this one. The palette itself is a dust magnet. Everything sticks to it, the lettering is fading and chipping. I've had My palette for almost a year and it looks pretty beat up. Which is okay, because that just mean it's been loved. there's also a nice sized mirror that you can easily use to apply your makeup, if needed. This palette gives you a variety of finishes and shades. The top row is matte and the bottom is shimmer and satin finish. From left to right, the palette goes from light to dark. With the wide variety of shades/finish, you can create an eye look for any time of the day. There's a good amount of product in each pan. Every eyeshadow is super pigmented and creamy. These eyeshadows show up well and are long lasting with or without an eyeshadow primer. I haven't noticed any fallout or anything. My biggest fear when buying palettes is not knowing if I'm going to use the majority of the eyeshadows. I don't have that problem with this palette. I've used/like every eyeshadow in this palette, every shade is wearable, Imo. A lot of people compare this to Urban Decay's Naked. I don't think they're the same in any way- there's two different palettes, two different concepts. I like the Naked palette and everything, but I prefer the pro palette. Maybe because this palette provides more matte shades, I don't know. I recently started project 10 pan. Project 10 Pan is when you choose 10 products that you want to hit pan on or finish, for whatever reason. It can be makeup, skincare, haircare, whatever you want. I've hit pan on sable, espresso and pewter, and I put a dent in sable and mauve. Lt Bronze, Slate, and Garnet are my new-found favorites. Nude, champagne, and white are my favorite inner corner highlights. I can see myself finishing this palette by the fall.

on 12/2/2014 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Normally, I'm more into contouring and "face stuff" than I am eyes. Most eyeshadows just don't look good on me, so it's hard to get excited about cream and brown all day everyday. But, I decided that I needed to switch up my game and deviate from my daily "naked" palette, which is too warm for me anyway, and couldn't decide between naked 3, or the Smashbox on the rocks palette. Then I saw this. I'd seen it online before and thought it was ugly, but in person, the colors are so much better. It literally is PERFECT. One matte white and one matte black, which is awesome in and of itself. I'm sick of the shimmer everywhere. I like that this palette is actually half matte, with all the matte colors you'd want like pink and cream and mauve and dark brown. The shimmers are really rich, and are all accent colors, so they're ones you would want to have a shimmer. Like bronze, champagne and deep burgundy, for instance. Every color is very wearable, like there's no "that's nice, but not for me" colors in here. And they are soo blendable; more so than UD, and very pigmented. That's a hard combo to find! Love love love- LORAC, you never let me down <3

on 11/26/2014 8:26:00 AM

This is the perfect palette! If you are the kind of person who just wants one 'does it all' eyeshadow palette, this is the one for you!!!! It has every colour you could need and what I especially love is that there is an equal balance between mattes and shimmers! The quality is amazing and the packaging is sleek. The price I think is very reasonable considering the quality of the product, it's my holy grail I love it!!!!

Video Reviews & Tutorials