October 23, 2014 | 2189 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Rebel Lipstick

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2014 7:39:00 AM More reviews by 1017

If you have my complexion (NW20, winter), quit thinking about it and just go, get Rebel. Now. Seriously, you do need this shade. Rebel was made for my complexion (NW20, almost black hair (3N), brown eyes, mauvey lips)! I knew the color would look good, these berry type shades always do on me. But what I wasn't prepared for was how Rebel perfectly combined berry & plum to create the most easy to wear statement shade ever...let's call it a boysenberry type color. It is kind of bold, yet sits & wears as easy on me as MAC Creme Cup. It just glides on, not too heavy, not too light. Yes, it might be a bit much for going to the gym, but anything else it is stunning.

Here is the interesting part about Rebel. I have so many berries, purples, magenta type colors I thought, I probably have a million of these shades, I don't need Rebel. I even have what could actually be called a dupe (in terms of color matching), WnW Sugar Plum Fairy. And while the shade is practically the same, once applied you can see (and definitely feel) the difference. SPF is very matte and drags along your lips...it looks bold, painted on, heavy. Rebel glides across your lips and while bold doesn't look so "painted" and more like an ehancement. I also have UD Shame which is stunning on me, but compared to Rebel was more red berry than a plum berry of Rebel and much more bold. Every lipstick I swatched next to Rebel that I thought was so close to it that I didn't need it...they all looked quite different from Rebel (more red, more purple, more goth). I also have MAC Dark Side, but that is much more dark, red and goth than Rebel. I Iove the look of UD Shame, that is a big night out lipstick...drama! Rebel is it's more relaxed cousin...always looks put together, but way less maintenance and easier to deal with.

Given the reviews here, I am just going to say one more thing. Just get this. I think it is one of those legendary lispticks you always hear about and when you finally get it, you understand why it's special. This is from someone who put off buying this shade for years trying to talk myself out it. Now, I could kick myself. I will never be without this shade. Actually, if I could only have two lipsticks ever, it would Rebel and Creme Cup.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2014 11:14:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

First time I tried this I thought yuck, old lady. But I ended up b2m for this a few months later anyways, which I'm glad I did. Turns out it was the store lighting that made it look bad but once out in natural light I loved it. So glad I changed my mind about this one.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2014 11:58:00 AM More reviews by DanceyPants

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I think this is my favourite lipstick, goes on well, lasts through several hours, and leaves a slight stain on your lips so if it does wear off there's still colour there.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2014 5:22:00 PM More reviews by likestarry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my favourite lipstick, ever.
Not only is the colour amazing, but the staying power of this lipstick is off the wall. I've worn this all day, eaten and drunk whilst wearing it and yet it's stayed exactly in place and not even worn away. It's a lovely vampy purple, which I reckon you could build up to make really dark or blot to add a touch of colour to your lips.

It has a slight but pleasant smell, is creamy and easy to apply and stays in place for hours. I found myself re-applying out of habit but really I needn't. If I was for some reason unable to re-apply I wouldn't worry as I know it'd stayed put.

The packaging is in the well known MAC lipstick packaging we all know and love, a sleek black bullet. I love the packaging because it seems pretty hard to break, meaning I can pop this in my bag or pocket and not worry it could break or the lid might fall off and my lipstick would be in danger. I'll definitely be buying this lipstick again, in this colour and in others.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2014 5:43:00 PM More reviews by jpxstarz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this lipstick for fun. I always wanted something dark purple to create this edgy bold look. So I wear it with the mac currant lip liner. It looks great. I got compliment couple of time wearing this lipstick. I was on a lipstick crave.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2014 10:56:00 AM More reviews by ladonamorena64

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was skeptical at first when I bought this and wore it for the first time. I decided to wear it to a Christmas party with a Magenta blouse and it looked gorgeous. I couldn't believe it. I paired it with currant lip liner. I don't wear it much, but would buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2014 4:38:00 PM More reviews by jesshemx

My first Mac lipstick! I had seen swatches of it online and thought it looked amazing. I've not been into lipsticks for very long, so Rebel was a colour unlike any I'd ever worn before. I love it! I always get compliments on it whenever I'm wearing it, particularly when wearing all black and it makes me feel great!
However it's not as dark as it appears to be in the tube which was slightly disappointing! But nonetheless, it appears to look a lot darker on me than it does on other people I've seen wearing it.
I've found Rebel has amazing staying power however I usually reapply it to keep the colour as dark as I can.
I would recommend this lipstick for somebody who wants to be slightly daring, but maybe not Cyber daring! Easy to wear and eye-catching without being too extreme!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2014 11:05:00 AM More reviews by purplepolkadots

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the longevity and colour payoff of this lipstick, Ill admit that I was a little scared when I initially swatched this however it is a gorgeous berry shade which is both sultry and glam!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2014 5:38:00 AM More reviews by missericacourt

I absolutely LOVE this lipstick! I was looking for a purplish kind of shade and I came across this beauty. When I put it on, I knew it was the one :)

All jokes aside, this is a fantastic lip colour. It can be as bold or subtle as you want. I wear it in the day (one application) and at night (layered on, maybe with some dark red lip liner to vamp it up), and it has great staying power (even after a cup of coffee). I'm definately getting this one again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 11:50:00 AM More reviews by tracybeautytips

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this color. Either I apply by lip brush or apply directly on my lips, both look so good. I also realize this color made my teeth look whiter, which is a very good thing. I will definate repurchase when I used out. it also good in every skin tone. So I totally recommand this lipstick.