November 23, 2014 | 976 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Satin Lipstick - MAC Red

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2012 2:08:00 PM More reviews by CorelliaCalling

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Iíve always been a die-hard fan of red lipstick; at the same time, I get why so many other women have such a love-hate relationship with it. Done wrong, it's cheap and clownish; done right, itís like adding a perfect little exclamation point to your face. You have to put your guts into it, that goes without saying, but itís just as important to know your textures and undertones so the face on the front of your head matches the one inside it. Although Russian Red and Ruby Woo are the cultiest reds in this cult brand, its namesake red wins my heart for textural reasons. Itís creamier than the other two, sort of a demi-matte, which is a sight more comfortable than those stark matte formulas...without losing any of the pigment payoff. Do check it out.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2012 12:10:00 PM More reviews by jamster86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this colour. It looks crazy bright in the tube but goes on nicely. Definitely very blue toned and I think it has a slight pinky tinge in the right lighting. I also own Russian Red which I love but this one slightly pips it to the post in terms of colour tone for my skin. It goes on smoothly without any bleeding, even when I'm in too much of a hurry to put on liner. Doesn't last as well as the matte Russian red being a satin finish, but it feels much nicer on and feels more comfortable to wear throughout the day. It is still one of the brighter reds and definitely not what I would call subtle, but it definitely doesn't look clownish. I compared this to Ruby Woo at the Mac counter and except the finish there were almost identical in colour, so I would pick this if you're prone to slightly drier lips!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2012 11:37:00 PM More reviews by chellybean19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this colour! The texture is great as well. I often mix this with MAC So chaud to create and orange-red. I love the finish as well. My go to red when I wear a red lip

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2012 10:02:00 PM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

MAC Red packs the creaminess you crave from Ruby Woo. It is pretty similar as a blue-toned red and does wonders for the teeth. The glossier finish allows it to be worn comfortably all day. I prefer MAC Red to Russian Red because it is a little cooler and I gravitate toward cool reds. That said, I prefer Ruby Woo to MAC Red despite its infamous dryness. MAC Red kind of slips around on my lips and I feel nervous wearing it without a liner. Ruby Woo is dry as sin but definitely stays put once on.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2012 9:53:00 PM More reviews by elka_knits

I am so bad at the 1-5 scale things.... Le sigh. Okay so I went to the MAC counter looking for a bright cherry red to please my husband. I tend to wear the plummy, blackened or burgundy reds and he wanted to see me in something bright. I tried all the heavy hitters: Russian Red, Ruby Woo, Viva Glam and they all pulled too burgundy or orange on me. The saleslady pulled this one out and voila! Perfection.

I have been wearing MAC since before it was available in the US so I consider their packaging and price to be standard hence the 3's there. The overall is a 5 because the color is so perfect. In my head Glam is the only MAC red that beat it and well Glam is no longer available {not Viva Glam just plain Glam from oh 15 yrs ago kay?}

Now to find a nail polish to matchy matchy ;D

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2012 5:10:00 PM More reviews by sealegg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I will start by saying that I am no MAC head. With that being said I think MAC provides one of the best quality and colors (lipstick wise) available in the US.

Mac Red is a head turner, I've never seen any red like it. I'm tan/dark right in the middle of those shades an I must say that it isn't subtle but at the same time not loud (for my skin). Although, if someone with a more fair, or olive skin tone were to wear this, I would still be turning my head.

I find this lipstick to have a very "classy" but social persona to it, and that's what I like about Mac Red.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2012 12:25:00 PM More reviews by Shin786

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Im so pleased my hunt for the perfect red pout is finally over thanks to this lippy! It's just so fab I look forward to wearing it. It gives a lovely stain when dabbed on giving your face an instant perk and can be blended with other colours to create either a fuchsia - Add a plummy colour or even an orange by adding a nude or coral! Or you can ramp up the voltage and add a couple of coats to give you the best red pout ever and be the envy of all your friends! It has great staying power and will not leak even without lipliner. Its s siren red that will look good on all skin tones!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 8:10:00 PM More reviews by thor7262

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

When my favorite red lipstick, Mary Kay Red Salsa was dc'd a few years ago and now it's going for crazy prices on e-bay (for old lipstick), I gave up and had to try a bunch before finally finding Mac Red. I love the color! It's a true blue vibrant red. It could last a little longer, but I think that's the trade off for a moisturizing lipstick versus a staining, drying formula. I use it whenever it feels like it's worn off during the day. It doesn't dry my lips out at all. I'll keep buying this because I know it's always fresh when I get it and the price isn't bad. Love this lipstick!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2012 7:47:00 AM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beautiful! I consider MAC Red to be the most perfect, classic red lipstick one can have in her collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2012 5:09:00 AM More reviews by Nurselaine03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am fond of red lipsticks and this is definitely my new favorite! I've just purchased it a few days ago and it is one of my first mac lippies (my first was girl about town which is excellent too) & I am inlove with it. I now call it my 'happy' lipstick coz whenever I feel unpretty or gloomy i just put it on and voila! I am turned into the prettiest, sexiest and most sophisticated lady in the world :p but kidding aside, this is a very pretty lipstick, very pigminted, only a little dab and it looks amazing or u could build up the color for a more dramatic look ;) I love the texture and for me I find it moisturising and I am glad with the fact that i can wear it without anything else on and still look fabulous :) the staying power is excellent too and it wears off quite nicely as it leaves a pretty natural looking reddish tint. Excellent value for money. Highly recommended! ^_^