April 16, 2014 | 1986 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte - Saddle

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2011 11:51:00 AM More reviews by byallison

This was my very first mac shadow and I love it to this day. Makes the eyes pop, great in the crease. Its super versatile.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2011 1:33:00 AM More reviews by Skylar100

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I do not love this color although I have tried to get used to it. I am blonde with blue eyes. It's just okay as a crease shadow, not great. There are so many other browns out there from MAC, I also own Folie with has more red to it and there are many browns in other eyeshadow lines, I don't feel this shade is a must have in a MAC eyeshadow collection. I do wear it with MAC's Mythology or All That Glitters eyeshadow, both on the lid and Saddle as a crease shadow, more to use it up. I won't repurchase this shade again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2011 8:35:00 PM More reviews by jtrnphd

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Saddle was recommended by the MA at MAC, stating that it would be great against my dark blue eyes. This reddish, warm color is not one I would have gravitated to on my own, but I get so many compliments when I wear this color. It is an everyday staple. My eyes just "pop". Definitely a one that I will hit the pan with and purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2011 1:12:00 PM More reviews by SepiaRose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really love this shadow, it's so subtle and soft. I'm a C6 for reference and it makes for a really pretty clean nude eye look alone or a soft daytime smokey eye if paired with a darker neutral shade like Embark or Brown Down. It's mostly a warm brown but could definitely be too peachy or organgey on pale skintones. But if you're a GGG girl this one is definitely a must have for the beauty arsenal.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2011 8:13:00 PM More reviews by mar559

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

One of my first mac e/s and I love it. I have very warm undertones and love this. I like to use to when warming up an eyeshadow (satin taupe, sable, etc) and to contour. I can see how this can make some people look too orange but this worked for me. NC 35-40 for reference. Will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2011 2:30:00 PM More reviews by Kathy123

The first times that I tried this, I wondered why people raved about this so much. I started using it more often and blended it in the crease with dark and light shadows. Recently, I have been looking at my pictures and now I get it. This gives a depth to my eyes that no other shadow can. I do not need to use darker eye shadows on the crease as this shapes my eyes beautifully. Thanks, MAC. Another winner!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2011 4:22:00 AM More reviews by msmonmakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is such a pretty crease color. Looks great with gold lids and with color shadows also. I am an NC 45-50 and I also use it as an all over lid color with just eyeliner and mascara for a fast, simple nude eye.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2011 4:19:00 PM More reviews by AzurLove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

OMG! I can't believe I almost returned this eyeshadow! It is THE perfect brown for a neutral eye, hands down!! I was looking for a matte brown that was more yellow-based and came across Saddle, but when I swatched it at the Mac counter, I thought it was too yellow. I picked up Brown Script instead, but it was very red-based so I went back to Mac, picked up Saddle, and gave it a try. I initially felt that it didn't show up on my skin very well and wanted to return it, but I gave it some more tries using different looks and now I've seen that this is such a great eyeshadow. It's especially perfect on my NW 50 skin because the color is close to my skin tone - perfect for subtle looks for job interviews and occasions like that. I have found my HG brown!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2011 4:58:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Wonderful medium brown. MAC calls it a "Golden orange brown." Finish: "Hi-colour pay-off in a no-shine matte finish." Blendable for a "matte." My browns need to be warm and slightly red/orangey (I'm N15, leaning to NC), so this worked on me. No shimmer is a pro to me. Good amount of pigment.

CONS: Mattes are not my favorite finish by MAC; they're generally a bit harder to blend.

ALTERNATES: If you like "Saddle," you may also like other warm browns such as "Swiss Chocolate." It has just a bit more red in it. Much lighter and warm brown I like is "Bamboo."

*****The color in the 2nd pic. looks a tad oranger and lighter than mine normally looks. Maybe it's a bright flash.****

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2011 1:57:00 AM More reviews by esmerelda2007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Won't say much about this color. If you need a great transition/blending color, this is it. I'm NW45.
Oh , well let me just list other ones I thought were ok before succumbing and buying Saddle: NYX's Suede, MAC's BrownScript.