April 24, 2014 | 1427 users online

Styling Products - Dove - Nourishing Oil Detangler

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2012 3:09:00 PM More reviews by ZenArcade

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have plenty of hair, but the strands are very fine and tangle and shed easily. Seemingly no matter what conditioner I use in the shower, it's difficult to comb out my wet hair. This product is a low-cost help in that department -- I spray it on generously post-shower, give a minute to sit, then comb my hair out with a very wide-tooth comb. I'm not sure it really moisturizes my hair, but, as a detangler, it does the job adequately. There is no unpleasant odor or greasy feel. Will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2012 8:45:00 AM More reviews by 1017

Honestly, what I like most about this is the way the nozzle releases such a fine spray instead of a clumpier dispenser like Aussie's has (and I like their detangler, just it comes out too heavy). Other than that, the product is just a detangler. Not the best, not the worst. I just prefer the fine spray on my fine hair as opposed to the heavier detanglers out there.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/2/2012 8:07:00 PM More reviews by pandabear5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Denatured SD alcohol is like the fourth ingredient. I could smell it as soon as I sprayed it, which is when I checked the ingredients. Wish I had checked them in the store... As far as detangling, it did not. My hair is relaxed and in the "difficult to detangle" category. So if you fall under this category, you may prefer a different detangler. I love the Dove oil care serum and the smoothing cream, just not this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2012 7:42:00 PM More reviews by monicaandree

This is an AMAZING product!

My hair: thick, naturally wavy/curly. colored chocolate brown (natural dirty blonde). I shampoo and condition almost every day, and blow dry/flat iron/curl almost daily as well. My hair tangles easily and I have to use a detangling mist even after deep conditioning.

I have used several brands of leave in conditioner and detangler over the last several months in an effort to reduce the amount of brushing I have to do when I get out of the shower and prevent heat damage. The detangerls that I have used are pretty good (the best being Hair Insurance by Aussie), but this product is different. Let me count the ways:

1. detangles hair immediately! My brush just glided through after liberally spraying on damp hair.
2. the real magic happened when I blew my hair out. It has never shined like it did after using this for the first time. My hair looks like a Pantene ad! It's so shiny and glossy! Yet, it has a lot of movement too.
3. this leaves my hair so silky soft it's amazing. It feels like a child's hair - healthy, virgin and perfectly silken.

Be sure to shake the bottle before misting, as there is a layer of oil that needs to be blended in. I have used argan oil serums before and nothing compares to this. I will absolutely purchase again!

Some answers to common questions:

The smell: like most commercial hair products this is heavily scented. It's lightly floral, but not terribly heavy. It doesn't linger after styling, at least for me.

The amount: Decent amount in the bottle at 6.1 oz, for around $4. That said, other brands run around 10-12 ounces for the same amount of money.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2012 12:41:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

Love this product. Detangles, nourishes, moisturizes and smooths. Does it all well. Would definitely repurchase.