October 24, 2014 | 1737 users online

Moisturizers - La Mer - The Moisturizing Soft Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by ljanelle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love the gel cream, the original cream not as much, due to the texture, but this is awesome. Beautiful silky texture, lovely La Mer scent, and moisturizes perfectly. Not greasy, just sinks in and gives the perfect canvas for makeup. I have extremely sensitive skin, and I have no problem with this, in fact it is quite soothing. This and Mir moisturizer are my absolute favorites, and of course both incredibly expensive, but so worth it, imho. =)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2012 8:25:00 AM More reviews by bettyblue38

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received a sample with a recent purchase. I kind of refused to try La Mer because of the high price tag and the whole "hype" around it. Or in other words the whole story around. The price tag was more of a turn off and the policy of the counters (where I have been to so far) not to give out one single sample.
I tried it in real colder temps recently during day time. At that time it was not enough. I then combined it with Arganoil and it worked perfect. Now with milder temperatures it is just great. My skin has a bit of a glowing touch and it looks as if my skin is really well hydrated when I wear the cream only. The sample lasted me two weeks with a daily use in the morning. I purchased another sample and will use that. I am really at the point where I will buy this as a full size once I used up the other sample. The price is expensive, I gave it a 4. I know there are products out there which are more expensive. The overall rating is a 5 for me. So far it is the best product that I had on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2012 4:37:00 PM More reviews by jeybenna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A general user of the La Mer line and a big fan of the original creme, I do love this new soft cream. It really leaves a beautiful glow, no greasy feel at all. I use it mostly in the day under makeup and my skin is soft. At night in the winter, I will stay with the original. I have combo skin, the beginnings of wrinkles and I see a huge improvement with this whole line.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2012 3:42:00 PM More reviews by suzieq154

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this cream! I can finally reap the benefits of La Mer. I've tried the original cream (which was too greasy for me) and the lotion (which seemed to make me break out and make my face itchy). I have dermatitis and extremely sensitive skin where I get weird rashes and my skin peels/flakes off from alot of skincare products. Anyways, the soft cream does not irritate my skin! In fact, it makes it soo soft and dewy. It hydrates it perfectly. I have combo skin which gets super dry on my chin, mouth, and nose area during the winter. This cream is still pretty thick, yet it feels like its penetrating into my skin and actually helps moisturize the dry parts of my face, at the same time keeping my tzone area non oily. Usually by 2pm, my tzones are really oily where I have to blot. With this cream, I no longer need to blot.

I have fairly good skin (except for the dermatitis). I am 33 with no wrinkles so I can't really say if its helping with wrinkles and anti anging as it claims to do. But I love the way it makes my skin feel and look. And it does help with the redness and it makes my pores seem smaller. At $150/ounce, I dont think it's super expensive. I've used Guerlain, Chantecaille, SKII, and La Prairie in the past, which are priced at the same range, if not more. And if you break it down, its less than $2 a day which I think is worth paying, instead of paying for a face lift when I am older and wrinkly.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2012 4:47:00 PM More reviews by michellehelm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I held out for 15 (FIFTEEN) years before finally relenting and giving this line a try, against my accountant's advice. To my semi-chagrin, my skin has never looked better. I have combo skin that tends to lean oily, and SOMEHOW, I can put this on under my Remede Mattifying lotion in the morning, and everything just stays where it's supposed to -- I am NOT accustomed to this, as typically any moisturizing product does little but assist my makeup to settle down somewhere around my ankles by 3:00pm... Then I put more of this stuff on at bedtime, and I wake up looking like l was still an undergrad.
Thanks, La Mer. I have brand-new skin after a month with you. Also, poverty is a given for me once I purchase the rest of the line. I am so conflicted, but at least I'll look 10 years younger in the process... :(

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2012 3:52:00 PM More reviews by lmande

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have a couple of generous samples of this and I'm pretty happy with it. I love the application of it - no warming first, just put it on your face :) Unlike the heavy duty original, you can wear makeup over this. My real test of it though is putting it on at night and waking up to see how well it performed on my little lines on either side of my mouth. The original takes them away (okay, maybe virtually) but so did this cream too (as well as the lotion and gel also.) I'm 59 yrs old and believe me I would NOT shell out this kind of money for mediocre results. I would buy this when my samples run out. I think its effective; the only thing I'm not sure of is do I like it better than the moisturizing lotion for the daytime. For night - especially through the winter, I'll stick to the original.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/30/2012 12:34:00 PM More reviews by AnnieNYC

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

If you are old enough to remember when Coca-Cola introduced "New Coke", this cream is La Mer's "New Coke"...it is a disaster. I bought it (and am returning it today) and used it for a whole week. My 44 year old skin didn't feel plump and moisturized like it always did with regular La Mer (I've used the cream and the lotion in the past). I woke up every morning and I felt almost dry (in this September weather I don't get truly dry...but if I'd used this product in January it would have been a disaster). I'm SO disappointed in this product and predict it will be off the market within the year. A total FAIL. (BY THE WAY, I COPIED AND PASTED THIS TO THE LA MER WEBSITE AND THEY REFUSED TO PUBLISH IT)

13 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2012 5:59:00 PM More reviews by seussisms

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

As a die-hard Creme de La Mer user, I was very excited by their newly-touted "lighter" version of their regular cream. My thinking was that it would be perfect for the hotter, summer months. However, I was really underwhelmed. It doesn't appear to moisturize very much. I feel like I need to reapply in a few hours. Even that wonderful La Mer smell is absent. I think I'll just stick to the original.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2012 3:30:00 AM More reviews by haveaguinness

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have a sample of this and will write a real review (and add/subtract lippies as necessary) when I've used it longer. In the meantime, I contacted the company for the full ingredients list, which I was not able to find online, and here it is:

INGREDIENTS: ALGAE (SEAWEED) EXTRACT [] CYCLOPENTASILOXANE [] PETROLATUM [] GLYCERYL DISTEARATE [] PHENYL TRIMETHICONE [] BUTYLENE GLYCOL [] HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL [] CHOLESTEROL [] BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER) [] STEARETH-10 [] DIMETHICONE [] GLYCERYL STEARATE SE [] POLYSILICONE-11 [] SESAMUM INDICUM (SESAME) SEED OIL [] MEDICAGO SATIVA (ALFALFA) SEED POWDER [] HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEEDCAKE [] PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) SEED MEAL [] EUCALYPTUS GLOBULUS (EUCALYPTUS) LEAF OIL [] SODIUM GLUCONATE [] COPPER GLUCONATE [] CALCIUM GLUCONATE [] MAGNESIUM GLUCONATE [] ZINC GLUCONATE [] TOCOPHERYL SUCCINATE [] NIACIN [] SESAMUM INDICUM (SESAME) SEED POWDER [] WATER\AQUA\EAU [] CITRUS AURANTIFOLIA (LIME) PEEL EXTRACT [] LAMINARIA DIGITATA EXTRACT [] CRITHMUM MARITIMUM EXTRACT [] SALICORNIA HERBACEA EXTRACT [] PLANKTON EXTRACT [] CHLORELLA VULGARIS EXTRACT [] GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) SEED EXTRACT [] GLYCERIN [] CAFFEINE [] SEA SALT\MARIS SAL\SEL MARIN [] MICROCOCCUS LYSATE [] DIETHYLHEXYL SUCCINATE [] ADENOSINE PHOSPHATE [] CREATINE [] HYDROLYZED ALGIN [] ISOCETYL STEAROYL STEARATE [] CETYL ALCOHOL [] SUCROSE [] ACETYL HEXAPEPTIDE-8 [] GLUCOSE OXIDASE [] POLYACRYLAMIDE [] ACETYL CARNITINE HCL [] GLUCOSE [] CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE [] C13-14 ISOPARAFFIN [] TOCOPHERYL ACETATE [] TETRAHEXYLDECYL ASCORBATE [] SODIUM PCA [] GLYCOSAMINOGLYCANS [] UREA [] DISTEARYLDIMONIUM CHLORIDE [] DIPALMITOYL HYDROXYPROLINE [] SODIUM HYALURONATE [] LAURETH-7 [] LECITHIN [] TREHALOSE [] POLYQUATERNIUM-51 [] LACTOPEROXIDASE [] HYDROXYPROPYL CYCLODEXTRIN [] CYANOCOBALAMIN [] PENTYLENE GLYCOL [] FRAGRANCE (PARFUM) [] DISODIUM EDTA [] BHT [] CITRONELLOL [] HYDROXYCITRONELLAL [] GERANIOL [] LINALOOL [] LIMONENE [] POTASSIUM SORBATE [] PHENOXYETHANOL continued >>

14 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2012 5:58:00 PM More reviews by Mutschi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I received a couple of samples of this a few days ago. I love the original la mer cream. I buy it again and again even though I can't afford it. I find it to be the best moisturizer for me (dry, acne/clog prone skin) without any actives (I have tried a lot). the new soft cream version is lovely. it sinks right into my skin without having to warm it up to be able to spread it like the original one, I just press it in and my skin is plump, moisturized and glowy. I will probably buy the soft cream next spring since I know that its moisturizing action won't be enough for me during winter time, especially around my eyes (I use retinol and aha products to fight aging and I need extra moisture there since they can get terribly dry) but during the warmer months I guess it would be fabulous. also, if you're looking for a great hydrating mask, check out nuxe masque frais hydrant, my new favorite. the first hydrating mask that actually does something for me.

update: I love this. I have purchased the 30ml tub a week after I finished the sample because I missed it so much. it is very moisturizing but without the greasiness which some people might confuse with hydration.. I think it will be enough for this winter in berlin. good stuff. and a little still goes a long way.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No