La Mer The Moisturizing Soft Cream

3.5

Algae (Seaweed) Extract, Cyclopentasiloxane, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Distearate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Cholesterol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea butter), Steareth-10, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Polysilicone-11, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Seed Powder, helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Meal, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Sodium Gluconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Powder, Water/Aqua/Eau, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Peel Extract, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Salicornia Herbacea Extract, Plankton Extract, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Glycerin, Caffeine, Sea Salt/Maris Sal/Sel Marin, Micrococcus Lysate, Diethylhexyl Succinate, Adenosine Phosphate, Creatine, Hydrolyzed Algin, Isocetyl Stearoyl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Sucrose, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Glucose Oxidase, Polyacrylamide, Acetyl Carnitine HCL, Glucose, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Sodium PCA, Glycosaminoglycans, Urea, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Sodium Hyaluronate, Laureth-7, Lecithin, Trehalose, Polyquaternium-51, Lactoperoxidase, Hydroxyplopyl Cyclodextrin, Cyanocobalamin, Pentylene Glycol, Fragrance (Parfum), Disodium EDTA, BHT, Citronellol, Hydroxycitronellal, Geraniol, Linalool, Limonene, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have combination sensitive skin. The texture of this is much lighter than the original, almost fluid like and is very easy to spread. However, it made my skin look very shiny, yet at the same time it felt slightly dehydrated too (tight) I also found it not very soothing, and seemed to make any red patches on my face more irritated. I am sending this back. I also had a terrible reaction to their cleansing fluid so I will be staying far away from this line in future.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is one of the best moisturizers I have ever come across with. I have been using Skin caviar by La Prarie for a long time and lately switched to La Mer soft cream. the product is expensive but a little goes a long way. Im still on my first jar after 5 months. My skin is looking so good: moisturized, luminous, and wrinkle free. I can't imagine any kind of substitute to this incredible cream. it takes some time to see its benefits (a couple of months) but ones you start noticing them you will be glad u stuck to the jar for so long.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I am a loyal user of the original CDLM and it's been great for my dry skin. Although my t-zone is normal the original worked fine on all areas of my face. I also don't mind warming up the product on my finger tips and patting it on. This newer formulation Soft Cream feels nice on my skin right after application, and it requires no warming up. I used several samples of this over the course of 6 weeks and I found that have to use quite a bit more product compared to the original formulation, otherwise it is not rich enough and throughout the day my skin does not feel properly hydrated and I even needed to reapply. Given its creamy consistency, the Soft Cream should be packaged in a tube in my opinion, which would be a lot more hygienic and would also protect the expensive contents better against oxidation. Overall I will not purchase the Soft Cream, but continue with the tried and true Creme which works best for me.

I want this product to work as it claims so bad. I have used shiseido products for more than 10 years. I thought I would check out La Mer as I age. But, sadly, it is not working. I have combination sensitive skin. It's kind of oily on spring hot days and during summer. I have been using La Mer products for 6 months now. I have also used La Mer original cream, which slightly more moisturize than the soft cream. Other than that, the rest of the effects are same to me.
So, I will start with positive effects on my skin.
Does it break me out? NO, it doesn't.
Does it help shrinking my pores? Yes, it does. My pores seem tighter.
Does it have soothing effect? Yes, it does.
Is it moisturizing enough? NO, it doesn't. I have to use more than the SA recommended. After a few hours (1-2 hrs), I feel like I need to put it on again. Instead of moist and smooth appearance, my skin looks dry, dull, and some kind of white dusts seem sitting on my face. When I put it on again, just a layer of oil sits on my face. No glow at all. I do not wear foundation. For some occasions, I wear Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer which didn't go on smoothly with this La Mer soft cream.
Does it help with dark acne spot? NO, it doesn't. It doesn't darken my spots but it doesn't help in any way either.
What about the fine lines and wrinkles? I have noticed more fine lines on my forehead and around my lips when I smile. I didn't have those fine lines before I used La Mer. I don't know I age fast during 6 month period of using La Mer or it is because of La Mer.
So, I have decided to stop using it starting from today. I don't have large pores to begin with. So just tightening my pores is not worth the price. I will use the rest on my hand. I will not buy it again. I will not recommend it to anyone. Going back to where I belongs to.

Update on April 1st: So I stopped using La Mer and have gone back to using Shiseido. I've noticed my skin becomes smoother and my fine lines on my forehead become less noticeable. My skin has gone back to glowing and smooth. Dryness has gone away. I am a happy person again. I went to shopping at Nordstrom yesterday and visited some cosmetic counters. Some salse associates asked me what kind of skincare products I was using because they thought I had great skin. I just wear Shiseido serum & cream, Bobbi brown concealer, and Chanel powder. So, if you want to try La Mer, try it. Just do not have a high hope that it is a miracle product. There is nothing miracle about it, imao. If you want to try, be prepared to do exfoliation more often.

It started a week ago. I went into a dept. store and decided that, at 42, I was ready to check out the LaMer counter. I tried the traditional creme, the soft cream and the translucent loose powder. I heard the SA�s instructions on how to apply the cream and left to ponder and wait for possible fabulous results... I came back in30min to purchase the loose powder (simply outstanding) and a few days later bought the soft cream online. It arrived today, I applied it a few hours ago and my skin really looks amazing! My few lines are there, my few spots, etc..I am still myself.But my skin looks amazing, plump, glowy and kind of healthier. Update: after reading tons of reviews and comparisons with German Nivea Creme, I went out and bought a tin of nivea.. have just applied it, after warming it up in my hands and patting it in. Nivea feels great and makes me look just as nice. I remember back in the 80s my aunt used to only use German Nivea.. I will keep using both, maybe one on each side of my face to see long term effects.
Update:March 2013: I have noticed that although my skin feels amazing and looks better with LaMer, my brown spots seem more prominent.. either the cream is dakening them or lightening the skin aound them.. I have 04 spots that I hate.. and even my partner says they look darker sometimes (the morning after I use La Mer..)
Further update: Aug 2013 - I finished the soft cream and got a jar of the traditional CDLM , but the truth is that German Nivea gives me the same plumped, cushioned skin the next day. I find myself reaching for the nivea more and more. No 3 lippies for CDLM, after all for that price tag it has to deliver.

This cream was ok, I like it better than the original because it spreads better. I purchased the gel cleanser from La Mer and dried out my face really bad and that's when I realized this cream doesn't moisturize very well. I still had some very dry patches around my mouth and chin. I also broke out from that cleanser and my face really looked like a mess and this cream did not help at all. Was ok for warmer months but not for winter or really dried out skin.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

For the past two years or so, I had been experiencing dry, peeling skin. I tried several brands--Clarins, Decleor, Perricone, and Sanitas skincare lines. However, they all left my skin feeling dry. I even used Amal oil and moisturizing face masks to resolve the issue, but my skin would still be very dry after cleansing. As a last resort, I found an old jar of the original La Mer cream and put a bit of that on my skin. The peeling and dry flakes went away immediately. The next morning, my skin looked hydrated and someone told me that my skin looked good. A few days later, I visited a La Mer counter and was advised to get the soft cream instead of the original since the texture is lighter. The soft cream has done wonders for my skin. My skin is much more hydrated; no more flakes! A little dab (a little more than pea size) is all I need for face and neck and it seems to be just as moisturizing as the original cream. It spreads much easier than the original and sinks right into my skin. By the way, I also use the La Mer cleansing foam and radiant serum under the moisturizer. The products are working; that is the good news. The bad news is the price. I am cutting back on some things to afford it because after trying so many other skincare lines, I believe this product is worth it.

Edited: I decided to update my original review. I had to stop using this product along with other products from the la mer line. It did get rid of the flakes but seemed to cause other problems in the long run. I ended up having to go to an esthetician to rebalance my skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love the gel cream, the original cream not as much, due to the texture, but this is awesome. Beautiful silky texture, lovely La Mer scent, and moisturizes perfectly. Not greasy, just sinks in and gives the perfect canvas for makeup. I have extremely sensitive skin, and I have no problem with this, in fact it is quite soothing. This and Mir moisturizer are my absolute favorites, and of course both incredibly expensive, but so worth it, imho. =)

I received a sample with a recent purchase. I kind of refused to try La Mer because of the high price tag and the whole "hype" around it. Or in other words the whole story around. The price tag was more of a turn off and the policy of the counters (where I have been to so far) not to give out one single sample.
I tried it in real colder temps recently during day time. At that time it was not enough. I then combined it with Arganoil and it worked perfect. Now with milder temperatures it is just great. My skin has a bit of a glowing touch and it looks as if my skin is really well hydrated when I wear the cream only. The sample lasted me two weeks with a daily use in the morning. I purchased another sample and will use that. I am really at the point where I will buy this as a full size once I used up the other sample. The price is expensive, I gave it a 4. I know there are products out there which are more expensive. The overall rating is a 5 for me. So far it is the best product that I had on my skin.

A general user of the La Mer line and a big fan of the original creme, I do love this new soft cream. It really leaves a beautiful glow, no greasy feel at all. I use it mostly in the day under makeup and my skin is soft. At night in the winter, I will stay with the original. I have combo skin, the beginnings of wrinkles and I see a huge improvement with this whole line.