La Mer The Moisturizing Soft Cream

3.5

Algae (Seaweed) Extract, Cyclopentasiloxane, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Distearate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Cholesterol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea butter), Steareth-10, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Polysilicone-11, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Seed Powder, helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Meal, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Sodium Gluconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Powder, Water/Aqua/Eau, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Peel Extract, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Salicornia Herbacea Extract, Plankton Extract, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Glycerin, Caffeine, Sea Salt/Maris Sal/Sel Marin, Micrococcus Lysate, Diethylhexyl Succinate, Adenosine Phosphate, Creatine, Hydrolyzed Algin, Isocetyl Stearoyl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Sucrose, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Glucose Oxidase, Polyacrylamide, Acetyl Carnitine HCL, Glucose, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Sodium PCA, Glycosaminoglycans, Urea, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Sodium Hyaluronate, Laureth-7, Lecithin, Trehalose, Polyquaternium-51, Lactoperoxidase, Hydroxyplopyl Cyclodextrin, Cyanocobalamin, Pentylene Glycol, Fragrance (Parfum), Disodium EDTA, BHT, Citronellol, Hydroxycitronellal, Geraniol, Linalool, Limonene, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol

It started a week ago. I went into a dept. store and decided that, at 42, I was ready to check out the LaMer counter. I tried the traditional creme, the soft cream and the translucent loose powder. I heard the SA�s instructions on how to apply the cream and left to ponder and wait for possible fabulous results... I came back in30min to purchase the loose powder (simply outstanding) and a few days later bought the soft cream online. It arrived today, I applied it a few hours ago and my skin really looks amazing! My few lines are there, my few spots, etc..I am still myself.But my skin looks amazing, plump, glowy and kind of healthier. Update: after reading tons of reviews and comparisons with German Nivea Creme, I went out and bought a tin of nivea.. have just applied it, after warming it up in my hands and patting it in. Nivea feels great and makes me look just as nice. I remember back in the 80s my aunt used to only use German Nivea.. I will keep using both, maybe one on each side of my face to see long term effects.
Update:March 2013: I have noticed that although my skin feels amazing and looks better with LaMer, my brown spots seem more prominent.. either the cream is dakening them or lightening the skin aound them.. I have 04 spots that I hate.. and even my partner says they look darker sometimes (the morning after I use La Mer..)
Further update: Aug 2013 - I finished the soft cream and got a jar of the traditional CDLM , but the truth is that German Nivea gives me the same plumped, cushioned skin the next day. I find myself reaching for the nivea more and more. No 3 lippies for CDLM, after all for that price tag it has to deliver.

on 1/30/2013 1:39:00 AM

This cream was ok, I like it better than the original because it spreads better. I purchased the gel cleanser from La Mer and dried out my face really bad and that's when I realized this cream doesn't moisturize very well. I still had some very dry patches around my mouth and chin. I also broke out from that cleanser and my face really looked like a mess and this cream did not help at all. Was ok for warmer months but not for winter or really dried out skin.

on 1/11/2013 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

For the past two years or so, I had been experiencing dry, peeling skin. I tried several brands--Clarins, Decleor, Perricone, and Sanitas skincare lines. However, they all left my skin feeling dry. I even used Amal oil and moisturizing face masks to resolve the issue, but my skin would still be very dry after cleansing. As a last resort, I found an old jar of the original La Mer cream and put a bit of that on my skin. The peeling and dry flakes went away immediately. The next morning, my skin looked hydrated and someone told me that my skin looked good. A few days later, I visited a La Mer counter and was advised to get the soft cream instead of the original since the texture is lighter. The soft cream has done wonders for my skin. My skin is much more hydrated; no more flakes! A little dab (a little more than pea size) is all I need for face and neck and it seems to be just as moisturizing as the original cream. It spreads much easier than the original and sinks right into my skin. By the way, I also use the La Mer cleansing foam and radiant serum under the moisturizer. The products are working; that is the good news. The bad news is the price. I am cutting back on some things to afford it because after trying so many other skincare lines, I believe this product is worth it.

Edited: I decided to update my original review. I had to stop using this product along with other products from the la mer line. It did get rid of the flakes but seemed to cause other problems in the long run. I ended up having to go to an esthetician to rebalance my skin.

on 1/2/2013 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love the gel cream, the original cream not as much, due to the texture, but this is awesome. Beautiful silky texture, lovely La Mer scent, and moisturizes perfectly. Not greasy, just sinks in and gives the perfect canvas for makeup. I have extremely sensitive skin, and I have no problem with this, in fact it is quite soothing. This and Mir moisturizer are my absolute favorites, and of course both incredibly expensive, but so worth it, imho. =)

on 12/22/2012 8:25:00 AM

I received a sample with a recent purchase. I kind of refused to try La Mer because of the high price tag and the whole "hype" around it. Or in other words the whole story around. The price tag was more of a turn off and the policy of the counters (where I have been to so far) not to give out one single sample.
I tried it in real colder temps recently during day time. At that time it was not enough. I then combined it with Arganoil and it worked perfect. Now with milder temperatures it is just great. My skin has a bit of a glowing touch and it looks as if my skin is really well hydrated when I wear the cream only. The sample lasted me two weeks with a daily use in the morning. I purchased another sample and will use that. I am really at the point where I will buy this as a full size once I used up the other sample. The price is expensive, I gave it a 4. I know there are products out there which are more expensive. The overall rating is a 5 for me. So far it is the best product that I had on my skin.

on 12/7/2012 4:37:00 PM

A general user of the La Mer line and a big fan of the original creme, I do love this new soft cream. It really leaves a beautiful glow, no greasy feel at all. I use it mostly in the day under makeup and my skin is soft. At night in the winter, I will stay with the original. I have combo skin, the beginnings of wrinkles and I see a huge improvement with this whole line.

on 12/5/2012 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this cream! I can finally reap the benefits of La Mer. I've tried the original cream (which was too greasy for me) and the lotion (which seemed to make me break out and make my face itchy). I have dermatitis and extremely sensitive skin where I get weird rashes and my skin peels/flakes off from alot of skincare products. Anyways, the soft cream does not irritate my skin! In fact, it makes it soo soft and dewy. It hydrates it perfectly. I have combo skin which gets super dry on my chin, mouth, and nose area during the winter. This cream is still pretty thick, yet it feels like its penetrating into my skin and actually helps moisturize the dry parts of my face, at the same time keeping my tzone area non oily. Usually by 2pm, my tzones are really oily where I have to blot. With this cream, I no longer need to blot.

I have fairly good skin (except for the dermatitis). I am 33 with no wrinkles so I can't really say if its helping with wrinkles and anti anging as it claims to do. But I love the way it makes my skin feel and look. And it does help with the redness and it makes my pores seem smaller. At $150/ounce, I dont think it's super expensive. I've used Guerlain, Chantecaille, SKII, and La Prairie in the past, which are priced at the same range, if not more. And if you break it down, its less than $2 a day which I think is worth paying, instead of paying for a face lift when I am older and wrinkly.

on 11/17/2012 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I held out for 15 (FIFTEEN) years before finally relenting and giving this line a try, against my accountant's advice. To my semi-chagrin, my skin has never looked better. I have combo skin that tends to lean oily, and SOMEHOW, I can put this on under my Remede Mattifying lotion in the morning, and everything just stays where it's supposed to -- I am NOT accustomed to this, as typically any moisturizing product does little but assist my makeup to settle down somewhere around my ankles by 3:00pm... Then I put more of this stuff on at bedtime, and I wake up looking like l was still an undergrad.
Thanks, La Mer. I have brand-new skin after a month with you. Also, poverty is a given for me once I purchase the rest of the line. I am so conflicted, but at least I'll look 10 years younger in the process... :(

on 11/9/2012 3:52:00 PM

I have a couple of generous samples of this and I'm pretty happy with it. I love the application of it - no warming first, just put it on your face :) Unlike the heavy duty original, you can wear makeup over this. My real test of it though is putting it on at night and waking up to see how well it performed on my little lines on either side of my mouth. The original takes them away (okay, maybe virtually) but so did this cream too (as well as the lotion and gel also.) I'm 59 yrs old and believe me I would NOT shell out this kind of money for mediocre results. I would buy this when my samples run out. I think its effective; the only thing I'm not sure of is do I like it better than the moisturizing lotion for the daytime. For night - especially through the winter, I'll stick to the original.

on 9/30/2012 12:34:00 PM

If you are old enough to remember when Coca-Cola introduced "New Coke", this cream is La Mer's "New Coke"...it is a disaster. I bought it (and am returning it today) and used it for a whole week. My 44 year old skin didn't feel plump and moisturized like it always did with regular La Mer (I've used the cream and the lotion in the past). I woke up every morning and I felt almost dry (in this September weather I don't get truly dry...but if I'd used this product in January it would have been a disaster). I'm SO disappointed in this product and predict it will be off the market within the year. A total FAIL. (BY THE WAY, I COPIED AND PASTED THIS TO THE LA MER WEBSITE AND THEY REFUSED TO PUBLISH IT)

Popular Moisturizers