November 26, 2014 | 1792 users online

Concealers - Revlon - Age Defying with DNA Advantage Concealer

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2013 4:30:00 PM More reviews by selenajade

I absolutely LOVE this product. I have extremely oily skin (even tho its calmed down a lot, see my review on spearmint tea you oily skinned gals) and this survives the day through all of my oil. Im only 13 and don't really need a ton of anti aging stuff and don't have wrinkles yet but hey it doesn't hurt.
also the coverage is really good for basically anything. it covers pimples good and my dark circles are improved ALOT after puting some of this on.

PROS;
stays thorugh the day, even on oily skin
good coverage for any flaw
good packaging
nice applicator
convenient packaging
good price, not expensive

CONS;
covers basically everything except for some pimples

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2013 12:10:00 AM More reviews by beautypiano

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I got it in the shade Light/Medium, because I've read that that shade was kind of yellow, and thus good for canceling out dark blue shadows under your eyes, which is what I have. A little goes a really long way with this product--it comes with a small doe-foot applicator, and you only need about half of what's on the tip, for both eyes. Be careful not to layer it on too much--anything will look bad when it's over-applied. But this stuff works WONDERFULLY. My dark circles are genetic--I can't remember a time when I didn't have them. It's so amazing to look in the mirror and see clean, bright, lifted eyes! Ladies, if the circles under your eyes have a blue-ish look to them, get this product! I will most definitely be repurchasing when I run out! ^_^

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2013 10:39:00 AM More reviews by 4eyes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was using the Revlon Age Defying Concealer in a squeeze tube w/ spf25, but it was sadly d/c'd, and this is supposed to replace that, so I bought a tube to try. First mistake Revlon made was to use a Doe's foot applicator, 2nd was to ditch the spf. I HATE both doe's foot apps and those hideous foundation apps that force you to squeeze product thru a fillthy brush or sponge that you can never clean. BLECCCH!! Please let me use my clean fingers, and Revlon do you really think someone is going to apply w/ the applicator and NOT pat in w/ fingers???. You'd use app only, no fingers, if you want to look like a freshly spackled stucco wall. Also, I don't care how clean your skin is, you touch the applicator to your skin and then put it back in the container. Yuck. (I know the same can be said about mascara, but you really have no choice there, and I try to throw those away more frequently). OK, so onto the product. Almost as good coverage as the original squeeze tube formula, slightly less drying. I have very oily skin and lids, and the old squeeze tube formula was fine for me, but a lot of dry-skinned ladies complained, and in the dead of winter this IS better at smoothing out fine lines than the old formula. So, bottom line, I liked the old product better overall due to better pking and spf, but this is a slightly better formula due to its better skin smoothing properties but I hate the pkg. I'd only buy again if I couldn't find something better in a squeeze tube. 5/2014 UPDATE: I can't find this anywhere, so it seems to have been d/c'd. I review the new one w/ the pathetic sponge ball tip and pasty formula separately.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by Daatch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Happy with this concealer. Good coverage I will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 7:19:00 AM More reviews by caseyj123499

I find this product to be excellent! I cannot understand why this product has a lot of bad reviews. As i was reading comments the only way for the product to give you negative thoughts would be that your either not applying it properly, not in your shade or your applying way too much..

After 12 hours this concealer still stayed on my eye lids as well as my liquid foundation. I felt my eye lids and they are so moisturized and soft that it makes my eyes look alot more tighter and younger.

LOVE THIS!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/16/2012 7:33:00 AM More reviews by lorwayk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Not a great concealer. It seemed very thick and dry. It was hard to blend. Definitely wasted my money on this one here...

rated 2 of 5 on 11/17/2012 8:18:00 PM More reviews by dtormon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

The texture is liquidy, yet it ends up looking very thick and cakey. It's also really drying. It creases, and has light coverage so layering it only ends in more creasing. There are better concealers out there!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2012 8:31:00 PM More reviews by Delilabee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just wanted to warn people that this product, and other Revlon concealers I have checked, contains ARGIRELINE (Hexapeptide-8). This is a Botox-like muscle paralyzing peptide intended to limit new wrinkle formation by limiting the action of facial muscles.
IMHO this is not only unnecessary in the area under the eye that people apply concealer, but highly detrimental. If you look at dermatologist photos of Argireline being used under the eye you will see the wrinkles drop out - that is, they stretch flat under gravity. The very last thing I want is extra saggy under-eyes, thank you very much!!! Give me the wrinkles over that any day!
It's a real shame because some Revlon concealers are just great, like their Age Defying Moisturizing Concealer, but that too contains the dreaded Argireline! A catastrophic formulation mistake by Revlon in an otherwise excellent product.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2012 8:37:00 PM More reviews by HeidiF69

I picked this up because I had a $5 coupon and am always looking for the best concealer.Not sure why the reviews are so low - I really liked it! I bought Medium Light. As I get older, I don't want anything thick, and this leaves a nice wash of color without getting tacky or clumpy. It did not slide off during the day or settle into any lines. It lasted very well with a thin layer of powder over it and never looked noticeable, but did a nice job covering dark circles and random red spots.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2012 12:05:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased the lightest shade available in 'Light' and I personally find it slightly to dark for my complexion. For reference I wear MAC NC15 or Matchmaster 1, Revlon Buff, Bourjois 51, Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation in Ivory Rose, and NARS Deauville. The colour is very yellow toned with a thick yet silky texture and provides sheer to light coverage. The real deal breaker for me is this creases horribly and gets really cakey looking when built up for extra coverage. Applied to blemishes or reddened area I find this product seems to melt and slide everywhere, even when set with powder. Overall a total waste of money and a product I wouldn't recommend considering there are other newer concealers in the drugstore that out perform this one.