October 25, 2014 | 1489 users online

Makeup Brushes - Urban Decay - Good Karma Optical Blurring Brush

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2013 8:37:00 PM More reviews by lrenaud82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loved this brush when I first purchased it. it blends foundation beautifully. It does take some effort to clean thoroughly, I used olive oil and thrn face wash for a deep cleaning. Ive had it for about a yr now snd after about 8 months or so it sharted shedding something horrible, it looses more hair than my husband and not just with cleaning. I still use it with cream blush which it works great for but very careful about over working the brush to not shed on my face. I use the real techniques expert face brush as my go to foundation brush which is $9, eorks just as we if not better without shedding at all!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 9:54:00 PM More reviews by newnewroro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

wonderful brush! bought a few weeks ago and haven't noticed any shedding .it feels so light and lovely on my face, and gives a natural, flawless finish. i think it gives the same effect as some of the pricier, high end brushes from mac, etc. I definitely recommend!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2013 4:32:00 PM More reviews by nailpolishdebby

I really wanted to like this brush. One, @ $25 US,it's cheaper then a MAC (though there's no exact dupe) and two it says it' supposed to be good for liquid and powder.

The first time I used this was with the Kevyn Aucoin The Sensual/lotion blend like you're supposed to. I tried the buffing method and it was not pretty: I ended up with weird streaky brush marks. Tried stippling the other side of my face and that was a bit better.But the brush shed @ least 4 fibeers. I figured perhaps it was because of the type of foundation I used, so the next day I tried it with EL Double Wear, both buffing and stippling. It turned out OK and lost 2 more fibers. I washed the brush, waited over a day for it to dry completely. Next was MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation. I made sure that my skin was properly moisturized and the lotion dry to make sure I didn't get weird streaks. Brushed worked much better.

I have the Sonia Kashuk Flat Top foundation brush and it works much better and it has NEVER shed. And its about $7 bucks cheaper too.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2013 11:02:00 PM More reviews by citizenannie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Super soft, super dense. My brush is only a month or two old, so it's possible that my brush is from a different batch than the people who have had brush shedding. My brush has not shed at all, even through multiple washings.

It's soft but very dense and sturdy, so it can move the makeup around easily without feeling all stabby like a lot of brushes designed to buff on foundation do. It gives me a perfect, airbrushed look. I buff it around most of my face and then stipple it over the one dry patch on my cheek; it works very well with either motion! A brush on the lower side of high end brush pricing, it's a good deal, but it's still pretty expensive at $25. It's worth it to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2013 4:33:00 PM More reviews by pirateninja

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I must admit, I am kind of a noob when it comes to brushes, but I am so
glad that I purchased this face brush.
As other reviewers have noted, the bristles are very dense but they also
feel so soft and smooth which makes application lovely. I have also not had any
shedding issues thus far. Up until I purchased this brush, I was applying foundation
with my fingers, but now I find myself reaching for this on an almost daily basis.
The brush applies any liquid foundation so wonderfully, and using a stippling technique I can
create a lovely finish that looks natural yet also provides good coverage.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2013 2:18:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this brush! Thank you MUA for leading me to it. It makes my foundation apply like a dream and my skin looks flawless (which it is definitely NOT) but not overly made-up. I highly recommend this one!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2013 More reviews by meka72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This brush was my first foray into makeup brushes and it was an awful mistake. When I use this brush, my foundation (liquid and powder) just sits on top of my skin. I also have the beauty blender, which provides the coverage and look that I want. Unlike other reviewers, I've not had any problem with shedding bristles. But then again I haven't used it that often although I've washed it 2--3 times. In sum, I do NOT recommend this brush.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2013 9:41:00 AM More reviews by Aurorsa

This brush sheds, period. It sheds way more than my mac natural bristles brushes and this is synthetic, cost me 40$ at least i would have expected it not to shed. I have used it for 5,6 times and wash it a couple of times gently, tilt it upside down when rinsing and washing, dry it at an angle yet it still sheds. For now i counted at least 20 hairs down and i have a bad feeling this wont end because some hairs are sticking out still. I went and got the sigma 5 set kabuki brushes and none sheds for now. Plus it is less than half the price of this urban decay brush.

Kind of feel dissapointed because for the price it shouldnt shed that much and plus it is synthetic, most of my synthetic brushes never ever shed as far as i remember.

Other than that, it applies product pretty decently and it is advised to wash after second use if not it might be streaky.

In comparision to sigma f80 , it is relatively not as dense but softness is around the same.

I wish i knew about the sigma brushes before getting the urban decay one, hopefully it stops sheddng.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2013 12:24:00 PM More reviews by joyousjoy88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great brush! I have 2 other brushes that are similar to this brush at different price points. I can compare this brush to Sephora's #56 (~ $30) and Sigma F82 (~$16). The price of this is UD GK brush is ~$25. I have to say this is very soft and great for liquid and cream foundation. The bristles are firm and not flimsy and very dense, yet easy to clean! I've used it with a variety of foundations and always have a great application. Compared to my sigma brush it is easier to clean! I feel the sigma absorbs so much foundation that it takes multiple attempts to get the makeup out. Compared to my Sephora #56, I just happen to reach for my UD brush more because it is softer overall. This brush isn't streaky when you apply your foundation either so it does give that "blurred" effect it claims. It is such a gorgeous and functional brush and hope that UD comes out with more brushes! It is worth the money and the price is very reasonable for a great brush! I've had it for half a year now without any shedding, bleeding or signs of wear.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2013 3:50:00 AM More reviews by jauntilyaskew

I use this brush with all my liquid foundations. The compact synthetic bristles are great for diffusing the product and creating a uniform, airbrushed look without absorbing the foundation/wasting product. I have flake-prone skin, so I appreciate that I don't need to press on the brush or buff too much to get the desired effect. I have cleaned it dozens of times (with Dr. Bonners soap), and it hasn't lost a bristle or its shape.

Love this brush and wholeheartedly recommend picking it up.