April 20, 2014 | 1226 users online

Makeup Brushes - Urban Decay - Good Karma Optical Blurring Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2013 12:24:00 PM More reviews by joyousjoy88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great brush! I have 2 other brushes that are similar to this brush at different price points. I can compare this brush to Sephora's #56 (~ $30) and Sigma F82 (~$16). The price of this is UD GK brush is ~$25. I have to say this is very soft and great for liquid and cream foundation. The bristles are firm and not flimsy and very dense, yet easy to clean! I've used it with a variety of foundations and always have a great application. Compared to my sigma brush it is easier to clean! I feel the sigma absorbs so much foundation that it takes multiple attempts to get the makeup out. Compared to my Sephora #56, I just happen to reach for my UD brush more because it is softer overall. This brush isn't streaky when you apply your foundation either so it does give that "blurred" effect it claims. It is such a gorgeous and functional brush and hope that UD comes out with more brushes! It is worth the money and the price is very reasonable for a great brush! I've had it for half a year now without any shedding, bleeding or signs of wear.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2013 3:50:00 AM More reviews by jauntilyaskew

I use this brush with all my liquid foundations. The compact synthetic bristles are great for diffusing the product and creating a uniform, airbrushed look without absorbing the foundation/wasting product. I have flake-prone skin, so I appreciate that I don't need to press on the brush or buff too much to get the desired effect. I have cleaned it dozens of times (with Dr. Bonners soap), and it hasn't lost a bristle or its shape.

Love this brush and wholeheartedly recommend picking it up.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 12:37:00 AM More reviews by Denisedd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great brush

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by Chall6464

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was just going to return this brush because I wasn't able to make it work with my dry skin until I discovered that I could pat/stipple with it. The brush hairs are really soft but also dense enough to give an airbrushed look even with just stippling. I have dry patches all over and it makes the foundation look so smooth even without primer - crazy. The only downside is that it takes forever to dry (2 days) after washing so it might be a little damp the next day you use it. 5 lippies from a dry skin user!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by mooshrimp

I have an HG way to apply face products, my beauty blender (3 of them in fact). It is flawless, easy and yet, I just prefer using a brush. I don't know why, it just makes me happier to use a brush than a sponge. I was contemplating the Real Techniques expert face brush, but when I saw how pretty this silver one was, I bought it immediately.

The handle is very heavy/sturdy and feels really solid. It looks just lovely. It's so shiny! It's metal! Yay! Appearance-wise I am thrilled.

The first time I tried this brush, I was thoroughly underwhelmed. In fact I almost returned it. I used it with Lancome Renergie foundation and it was streaky, uneven and just plain terrible looking. I couldn't buff anything in, it all looked bad. On top of which, it made anything I applied underneath ball up even when it's never done that before. I was really upset. I tried it with every foundation I owned and none "buffed" in nicely. So I went back to the Beauty Blender, which while it provides a lovely finish isn't as fun to use.

This morning I had an idea. I stippled the foundation in with the brush instead of buffing. PERFECTION! It created the same beautiful airbrushed look I can get with my sponge, but it's a brush so it's better. :) It's really quick to use this way and works with all the foundations I've tried with it, ranging from tinted moisturizers, to BB creams, to moisturizing foundations, to silicone based ones (like the Naked the brush is made for). I am so happy with this! I have a stippling brush and this is way better at stippling foundation than that is.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2013 12:48:00 AM More reviews by meganehensley

Seriously awesome brush! I actually was having some trouble getting a foundation to 1) match my skin and 2) go on with just the right amount of coverage without looking like a mask. This brush is the answer! It may help to note that after going out on my own to figure out what I needed, this brush along with my primer and foundation were reccommended to me by a drag queen who works for a competing cosmetic company. Those girls know their makeup-and their brushes. Highly highly recommended! You do have to clean it fairly often but you SHOULD clean your brushes often! With this brush it is important to note to NOT use a "brush cleaner" product. I use plain ole alcohol in a dish and swish it around, then rinse (another drag queen tip).

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2013 1:55:00 PM More reviews by effstar

the best brush I have ever used. I blur on one layer of foundation and then stipple my second layer on. I use Mac's studio fix fluid with this and I've had only only problem and that's the amount I have to clean it. I have to deep clean (water & shampoo) at least once a week and then use surgical spirit about every other day. I can't recommend this product higher

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2013 11:41:00 PM More reviews by violetpython4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Amazing!!!!! Best brush ever !!! Powders? Yes !l liquids? Even better!!!!! Beautiful blurring effects!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2013 10:06:00 AM More reviews by rosademarzo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This brush applies foundation nicely and effortlessly, has just the right size, but it soaks up waay too much liquid foundation to my taste. When I use it to apply full coverage foundations I end up with a sheer coverage, so I need to go over it a second time, almost doubling the amount I need.
The brush feels sturdy and is nicely made. It's remarkably beautiful. Urban Decay must have hired some awesome designer for this.
The packaging it comes in looks cute from the distance (it's Urban Decay!) but it's in fact very cheap plastic, flimsier than any yogurt cup and useless, for it doesn't fit: when you try to attach the cap you end up damaging the bristles.
After using the brush around 3 times to apply foundation, I usually wash it (baby shampoo, warm water) and notice tones of foundation flowing off. Besides, it's kind of hard to get it clean, but I don't really mind. I have fun washing my brushes.
The brush stops applying fndt nicely after only 3 uses because it's thoroughly saturated with dried out foundation, so the bristles clump together.
And if you consider that ordinary Revlon Colorstay retails for US$ 33 (and there's no bogoff whatsover), MAC's Studio Fix Fluid for US$ 72 and Teint Idole for US$ 105 where I live..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2013 12:40:00 PM More reviews by erynnj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have an abundance of brushes. None like this. I used to be faithful to my Mac 187. Not anymore tis is great!!!! Can't beat the $25 price either!!great for putting on moisturizers and beauty balm.