July 24, 2014 | 1127 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Coco Noir

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2012 1:34:00 PM More reviews by violetmist

Very surprisingly sexy but still on the border of lady like. Reminds me of Frederic Malle's Noir Espices but with a more delicate statement. This could be worn for day also.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2012 10:32:00 AM More reviews by Chanel_82

When I was 24 I discovered Coco Mademoiselle and ever since I tried lots of other fragrances, most of them I didn't like at all, others I liked but I made sure I never ran out of my Coco Mademoiselle.
I also tried Coco once, I smelled it on a friend of mine and I liked it a lot, nothing like CM but it intrigued me in a way. But after using it a few times I gave the bottle to my mother, on whom Coco smells great, it just didn't suit my body chemistry I guess...
When Coco Noir came out here in Belgium in august I was curious what it would be like and went for a sniff. After having it on my wrist for a while it started to annoy me, so it turned out to be a no go. At least at that moment that was. Last week I decided to give it another try and sprayed it on my wrist for the second time. Boy was I surprised that this time I couldn't stop myself sniffing my wrist! I absolutely adored it!! I went back tot the store the next day and bought a bottle of Coco Noir and I don't regret it!
When I wear it I feel devine and realy feminine and chic, and that's how I want my perfume to make me feel!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2012 11:27:00 PM More reviews by Babypretty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow, what a big suprise that people less liked this products! I already try this perfume, which i got this from Chanel counter in Sephora and i really fall in love with this products. I got a lots of compliments from my colleagues,friends and some random pass by persons. Haha.So, yesterday I purchased this perfumes at Sephora and yess I am continuing happy with this perfumes! Totally going to buy this products again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2012 6:21:00 PM More reviews by moor

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great review btw recently added btw.
I love everything about this fragrance, perfect for my skin, light and sensual the same time, fist time I am getting compliments on a daily basis. I cant smell it on myself at all though. It reminds me of Poudre no19, however easier to enjoy and never gives me a headache.
Smells sophisticated and expensive. Happy about bad reviews, so less people smell the same.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2012 3:21:00 PM More reviews by Gother

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

As Mademoiselle Gabrielle approaches the reverend age of 54 she gets fruitchouly hormonal and starts putting on some weight that will forbid her to wear her beloved vanilla trousers and so she starts obsessing just a tad too much about her fading jasmine glory and out comes her Madonna-esque 6th decade post-menopausal arousal of baroque sandalwood self-celebration, the way celebs become a photocopy of themselves as time goes by, but I digress...

Coco cleans her drawers and takes away all the amber, delicious clover and labdanum attempting to get rid of the dusty smell that an ageing body will inevitably emit... and then adds a grapefruit Glade bar for the crowd pleasing effect and the illusion that freshess will extinguish the anguishing economical crisis that chokes the free spirits and makes crowds run towards the "secure, inoffensive patchouly-grapefruit fragrances" aisle at every department store, with so many dupes and dupes of dupes to hide yourself among...

Also, the afore-mentioned world crisis calls for a black funereal dress to play it safe after the frilly Mademoiselle pink and white orange happiness of the golden 2000s.

So sorry, so so sorry Mademoiselle Gabrielle. We all know you didn't deserve such a sad treatment, and you certainly didn't deserve a perfumer who would downgrade you to synthetic triumphant Calvin Klein status.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2012 9:17:00 PM More reviews by lavndarSky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow...Coco Noir is really getting some bad reviews on here. Perhaps if it had been called something other than "noir"this would be percieved better? I realize that Chanel really upped the ante with the Noir part. To me....Coco Noir has resembalance to both Allure and Coco Madmoiselle. It definitely is a warm, close to the skin scent. It truly makes me feel beautiful when I wear it. It is sophisticated, comforting, but yet has that patchouli "bite" that I loved in CM...it is just creamier here and not so sharp. Perhaps Chanel called this Coco Noir not as to be a "noir" fragrance but because Mademoiselle Chanel loved black so much, and it is another representation of her style? Just something fun to think about. Both Coco and Coco Mademoiselle are such distinctive fragrances on their own that for some it is a disappointment to have Coco Noir have such similarity. Who knows for sure? Maybe something like Coco Femme would have been better!

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2012 7:43:00 PM More reviews by stls

I agree with the majority of the reviews here. Coco noir is... well, nothing to rave about. Doesn't really remind me of mademoiselle which is too sharp on me but not Coco either. I get mostly fairly linear short leaved faint citrucy patchouli. Not bad, not difficult to pull of, just unmemorable.
I have to admit a darker version of Coco must be very challenging. But if this is the concept then it's not succeeded at all. I almost feel sad for Jacques Polge.
After all, Chanel is notorious for the high quality bold perfumes. And Coco Noir does not belong among them. The only thing I found stunning is the -beyond chic- bottle. But that makes it even more sad...

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2012 5:28:00 PM More reviews by EstherR

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

oldish perfume for my test. fits women at their 50+.
the smell is nice, not too heavy. sexy or dark, definitely not noir, frankly i dont understand why it is called noir.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2012 3:19:00 PM More reviews by mamba

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't like any of the Chanel perfumes - too strong - until now. I tried it in the airport and kind of liked it. LOVE the bottle. I use three spritzes - one on each arm and one on the neck. The smell is warm and a bit sweet. I don't get any specific notes apart from maybe roses? Definitely a fall/winter scent. Doesn't get a lot of love here on MUA, though...

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/6/2012 4:22:00 AM More reviews by sonamora

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Echoing comments below .. Banal, insipid. I smell uninteresting, unoriginal and ubiquitous in this fragrance. Ain't a noirism in smell here whatsoever. But mass market appeal of the Brand and the relatively artful creations of its predecessor namesakes are sure to bring success and profit to the shareholders. But I don't believe there's much to sing about, save for the sophisticated signature Chanel packaging. Real shame.

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No