November 24, 2014 | 1053 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Ultra Gentle Foaming Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2013 2:09:00 PM More reviews by dlbd2k06

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I usually am very impressed with Neutrogena skin care, but this cleanser did not work for me at all. I have slightly sensitive normal to dry skin and this strips all the moisture out of my skin and leaves my face extremely dry and uncomfortably tight feeling. The amount of product for the price is good and the packaging is good, but I would definitely not recommend this to anyone with slightly dry or sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2013 12:01:00 AM More reviews by makeupjunkie11786

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This has become my HG night time cleanser. I have skin that's more on the oily side. So its not uber sensitive or dry but lately has oddly become a bit acne prone to. I find this cleanser to remove makeup effectively while leaving my skin feeling clean without that uncomfortable tight/dry feeling. I also wake up in the morning without oily skin. However, idk why its called a "foaming cleanser" as it doesn't really foam as much as I would like it to Hence why I took off a lippie.. but then again that's actually a plus for not drying your skin out. The size of the bottle is pretty big so it will last you forever if you only use a pump or two a day I've had mine for nearly 3 months already and I still have a lot left. So the verdict is... It's probably not the absolute best on the market but It's pretty good if you want to cleanse and remove your makeup thoroughly at the same time without irritating your skin or stinging your eyes all for a decent price. I would give it 4 and a half lippies If I could because to be honest I'm not sure just how gentle it would be if you actually did have super sensitive skin.. but for my skin type it's done a good job and hasn't broken me out since I started using it. So Yes, I would definitely repurchase and recommend this Product

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by emily897

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My skin is on the oily side but it does get dry/irritated easily. I bought this because I was looking for a cleanser that didn't have parabens or sulfates in it. There are only 12 ingredients, the main ones being water and glycerin. This cleanser doesn't irritate or break me out but I can see how it could be drying if you live in an arid climate. I think this brand is coming out with a non-foaming version. Anything foaming will dry out your skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2013 2:39:00 PM More reviews by thehermit

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The face wash seems to clean okay and foams a lot. It has the consistency and appearance of clear shampoo and lathers up like shampoo as well.

The reason I gave this cleanser a low rating is because it has a terrible and very strong scent that reminds me of hot glue. The second time I used the product, I was careful to pump out a very small amount and the smell was still strong.

I don't think the wash is harsh but it doesn't seem ultra-gentle either. It definitely made my skin uncomfortably tight and irritated my cheeks a bit, but my cheeks are the driest part of my face and are irritated easily.

(Un)fortunately, this face wash comes in a good size bottle, with an easy to operate pump and an innocuous label design. If I liked the face wash more, it'd actually be a good value.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2013 7:55:00 PM More reviews by Kristenhonto

HORRIBLE. This cleanser is anything but gentle. It made my already dry skin flake and my skin felt stripped every time I used this. The only good thing is that it comes with a pump. Perhaps this would be alright for someone with extremely oily skin, but it's far too drying for normal to dry skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2013 3:48:00 PM More reviews by LilacShine9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this cleanser once to use as a gentle makeup remover. I didn't like it at all. It didn't get my skin clean and felt like it left a film on my skin. Plus, it seemed to irritate my acne. I returned it to the store immediately.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by orderlyfashion

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I'm shopping around for drugstore/ easy to find cleaners, as my long time fave Paula's Choice Hydralight cleanser has taken a recent price hike. To me, cleanser seems like one of those 'common denominator' products that should be easy to find and inexpensive (unlike daily spf/lotions and other leave-on products, for which I'm more choosy and willing to pay more for a quality formula & ingredients). At $24 for 16 oz, the PC cleanser is now just pricey enough for me to consider straying -- even though it's been my daily, primary cleanser for a couple of years now.

Anyhow, this neutrogena cleanser is the first in my drug store trials. On the plus side, you get a lot of product for not too much money. I also prefer a lighter gel-type cleanser, this fits the bill. I was a little worried that "foaming" would mean lathery, which I don't really care for, but that is not an issue here. It foams lightly but doesn't expand too much, and washes off easily and completely. 1-2 pumps is plenty, so I bet the bottle would last a while. Does a fine job taking off the (lighter) amount of makeup I wear everyday.

On the downside, it is heavily fragranced - a fresh and soapy smell. Or perhaps I'm just more aware of the scent having used unscented face wash for so long. The fragrance doesn't seem to affect my skin, so may be something I can live with. I also think this leaves my skin just a touch more dry than the PC cleanser, but I apply antioxidant serum after washing, so that helps to balance everything out. Also, after a few dozen uses, the pump started oozing soap around the neck - annoying and wastes product. I think I'll return it, use up my remaining bottle of PC, then buy the neutrogena again at a deeper discount or find another drugstore wash to try.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2013 4:08:00 PM More reviews by Tll3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i have been using this product for a few weeks now and my bottle still feels full! i love the smell and i like that it's very gentle and not drying. i have used cetaphil before and it was too gentle for me where as this cleanser cleanses enough and makes me feel clean. you can get 2 bottles at costco for 12! i didnt know this until recently and got mine at cvs with a coupon. i would repurchase this! i usually like to switch up my cleanser so my skin doesnt get immune to it but i will def repurchase in the future

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2013 3:02:00 AM More reviews by slidingdoors

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I didn't find it to be that gentle. It was too harsh for my sensitive skin and worsened my perioral dermatitis.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2013 1:48:00 PM More reviews by capotel

This product was the absolute worst thing to happen to my skin. I have never experienced such a bad breakout of hard, cystic acne as I had within a few days of using this cleanser. It also made my skin feel...kind of crusty. Very weird. I have dry-combination skin, and on the oilier areas of my face is where I experienced this strange change in texture. It didn't feel as if my oily areas were getting dry and flaky. More like the oil there was crystallizing or something. Gross and hard to explain. All I know is that a month later, after discontinuing use of this product, my skin is just now starting to re-balance and clear up, thanks to a combination of Clean & Clear's persa-gel 10 and--surprisingly, a different Neutrogena cleanser: their stress control acne cream wash, but the damage left behind is a lot of dark spots and acne scarring. This cleanser is NOT gentle on skin, and very heavily fragranced. My sister, who has very oily skin, also experienced breakouts from this cleanser.