August 29, 2014 | 998 users online

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2014 2:30:00 AM More reviews by vietnt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Normal

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2014 1:36:00 AM More reviews by vbparry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I loved this product when I first tried it, it made my skin look so fantastic that I bought one for my sister as well. However, after wearing it for only one week, I broke out with deep cyst like acne on my cheeks. I've broken out before, but never on my cheeks so this was very strange. I saw my sister a week later & her skin was terribly broken out as well. I was shocked to see how bad it was. We're both in out 30's now, and our skin hadn't looked that bad since we were teenagers. To make sure the bb cream was really the culprit, I waited for my skin to clear up & tried it again. After only two days, the acne flared up again. I rarely break out from anything, so I can't even imagine what this could do to someone with acne prone skin. If you're looking for a light, natural foundation, I recommend Make Up For Ever Face & Body. It provides a fresh radiant look without the clogged pores. I love MAC so it pains me to say this, but in my opinion this is a terrible product.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/16/2014 4:34:00 AM More reviews by EmilyTaylor1216

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this product after deciding my MAC Pro-longwear foundation was just a little too heavy for what I was looking for. I used this product for weeks before finally deciding against it. At first, I loved it! I felt it had the perfect coverage that was just right for my skin. After a few weeks I began noticing it settling into my lines (laugh lines). I also felt it never really settled onto my skin. It moved around a lot, I couldn't wipe my face with the slightest pressure without leaving an obvious mark on my face. I found that it also broke out my acne-prone skin, which isn't really that hard to do, but I didn't need/want this contributing to the problem. I feel that if your skin was more dry, and not as acne prone, you may love this BB cream, but for me, it was a bust.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2014 8:57:00 AM More reviews by aapoprocks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't use much much anymore because i find it too heavy. This made my skin break out terribly. I haven't used it in 6 days and my skin is still suffering for the few days I used it. But when I did you it i really like the coverage it gave.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 3:18:00 PM More reviews by nudibelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is AMAZING!
Ive heard of bb creams but just never jumped on the bandwagon. I was looking for something i can use everyday. Something light
THIS IS IT!
Upon one swatch I just knew this was what ive always been looking for. Just something lightweight and simple that will even my skin out. Ive been using for abt 3 weeks now and have not broken out in anyway. Feels light weight on my skin. I doubt i ever wear another foundation again

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2014 10:57:00 PM More reviews by cluedro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is pretty great, it makes my skin look naturally flawless and seems to be having a beneficial long-term effect (less redness, smoother skin etc.).
A word of advice though to those with oily/combination skin - I find I need to apply it with my fingertips, even it out quickly with a brush, then lightly coat with translucent powder. Otherwise it slides around the nose and has a sticky texture. It also clings to dry patches so make sure to exfoliate well! Other than that though, it's been really excellent, and worth the $42 AUD I payed.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2014 12:51:00 AM More reviews by Maria1926

I like to go for the dewy look and was disappointed that this product left more of a matte finish. Chicago's bitter winter has really dried my skin out and I really didn't like this BB cream because it accentuated my dry skin areas such as my forehead and chin. It made my flaky skin more noticeable than when i didn't have any makeup on at all. I am returning this product and sticking to my drugstore BB cream that keeps my face moisturized. I would recommend this if you have smooth skin leaning more towards the oily side. It also has more coverage than most BB creams which is a plus for some.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2014 6:24:00 PM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm loving this BB Cream! Just FYI, it has the same ingredients/different order as Smashbox's and Bobbi Brown's BB Creams so if those weren't quite what you were looking for, I highly recommended MAC's. I have dry very sensitive skin with rosacea. This product hasn't caused any irritation which is always the first test. Luckily other than pink cheeks I don't have much to cover so this provides just enough color to even my color out. It's just glowy enough and I don't even need powder on top unless I want to look a bit more polished. This is my 2nd favorite foundation/TM next to Matchmaster. Also I tried the BB cream in the compact first since I'm so dry but it really made my pores look huge, just didn't work for me. Light is a very good match for my NC15 Matchmaster Shade 1 skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2014 4:51:00 AM More reviews by cocoacloud

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

A few years ago, I just started learning about makeup and dabbled in quite a few Korean BB creams but they were all too pale on my skin, photographed horribly and broke me out. Because of that, I've steered clear of BB creams and stuck to foundations that actually matched my skin tone. Now, a few years older and wiser, I decided to try MAC's BB cream and since it came in a variety of shades, I was little more reassured. I purchased this just a day before I went on a trip to Lisbon and you know what, I was actually brave enough to wear this onto my grueling 12 hour+ plane ride. I'm conscious about the acne marks on my skin, and wanted to wear SPF so I thought this was a good choice - and it was! It lasted all throughout my journey and didn't break me out.

What impressed me about this was that it managed to even out skin tone, and provided decent, buildable coverage without feeling thick or heavy. It left skin smooth, and just the right kind of matte. It kind of drags on the skin so you shouldn't wear a thick layer of moisturizer underneath, just wear something that's light and absorbs well or else the BB cream will ball up. I find that it works best if I apply it with my finger tips. I wear this on casual weekends because it looks very natural and it's so fuss-free. Of course if I want to look more polished (as I do on most days when I go to work) I resort back to my Estee Lauder double wear foundation.

I'm NC25-30 and I got this BB cream in shade Light Plus, which I find matches my skintone well. The downside of this product is that it's quite expensive, it's more expensive than my foundation, and most days I prefer my foundation, which is why I'm giving this 4 stars. But as a BB cream, this is very nice overall.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2014 12:35:00 AM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I'm not sure about this product right now. It may or may not be causing me to break out and clogging my skin.

I went to MAC, had my makeup removed, had Studio Moisture cream applied and the fast response eye cream. That evening I took off my makeup and had several pimples. The day after my skin was clogged (large sebaceous filaments I worked so hard to get rid of- skin was clear before MAC). So I'm giving this a chance to prove it wasn't the culprit of my acne and clogged pores. I hope not.

As for staying power this is nice and has a very light coverage. Even though it's light coverage it does cover a lot of redness in my cheeks and my large pores. I set this with Mineralize Skinfinish and I look amazing. I look like my skin is perfect and I'm wearing nothing which is exactly the look I'm going for. If I use a setting powder (MUFE HD), I get greasy looking by the end of the day. With a primer I looked matte all day but I'm not sure about using it alone. I'll have to try that out and see if that's what I need to do. I'll update this after a while to state whether or not I'm still using it.