July 23, 2014 | 1496 users online

BB Cream - MAC - Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2014 12:51:00 AM More reviews by Maria1926

I like to go for the dewy look and was disappointed that this product left more of a matte finish. Chicago's bitter winter has really dried my skin out and I really didn't like this BB cream because it accentuated my dry skin areas such as my forehead and chin. It made my flaky skin more noticeable than when i didn't have any makeup on at all. I am returning this product and sticking to my drugstore BB cream that keeps my face moisturized. I would recommend this if you have smooth skin leaning more towards the oily side. It also has more coverage than most BB creams which is a plus for some.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2014 6:24:00 PM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm loving this BB Cream! Just FYI, it has the same ingredients/different order as Smashbox's and Bobbi Brown's BB Creams so if those weren't quite what you were looking for, I highly recommended MAC's. I have dry very sensitive skin with rosacea. This product hasn't caused any irritation which is always the first test. Luckily other than pink cheeks I don't have much to cover so this provides just enough color to even my color out. It's just glowy enough and I don't even need powder on top unless I want to look a bit more polished. This is my 2nd favorite foundation/TM next to Matchmaster. Also I tried the BB cream in the compact first since I'm so dry but it really made my pores look huge, just didn't work for me. Light is a very good match for my NC15 Matchmaster Shade 1 skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2014 4:51:00 AM More reviews by cocoacloud

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

A few years ago, I just started learning about makeup and dabbled in quite a few Korean BB creams but they were all too pale on my skin, photographed horribly and broke me out. Because of that, I've steered clear of BB creams and stuck to foundations that actually matched my skin tone. Now, a few years older and wiser, I decided to try MAC's BB cream and since it came in a variety of shades, I was little more reassured. I purchased this just a day before I went on a trip to Lisbon and you know what, I was actually brave enough to wear this onto my grueling 12 hour+ plane ride. I'm conscious about the acne marks on my skin, and wanted to wear SPF so I thought this was a good choice - and it was! It lasted all throughout my journey and didn't break me out.

What impressed me about this was that it managed to even out skin tone, and provided decent, buildable coverage without feeling thick or heavy. It left skin smooth, and just the right kind of matte. It kind of drags on the skin so you shouldn't wear a thick layer of moisturizer underneath, just wear something that's light and absorbs well or else the BB cream will ball up. I find that it works best if I apply it with my finger tips. I wear this on casual weekends because it looks very natural and it's so fuss-free. Of course if I want to look more polished (as I do on most days when I go to work) I resort back to my Estee Lauder double wear foundation.

I'm NC25-30 and I got this BB cream in shade Light Plus, which I find matches my skintone well. The downside of this product is that it's quite expensive, it's more expensive than my foundation, and most days I prefer my foundation, which is why I'm giving this 4 stars. But as a BB cream, this is very nice overall.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2014 12:35:00 AM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I'm not sure about this product right now. It may or may not be causing me to break out and clogging my skin.

I went to MAC, had my makeup removed, had Studio Moisture cream applied and the fast response eye cream. That evening I took off my makeup and had several pimples. The day after my skin was clogged (large sebaceous filaments I worked so hard to get rid of- skin was clear before MAC). So I'm giving this a chance to prove it wasn't the culprit of my acne and clogged pores. I hope not.

As for staying power this is nice and has a very light coverage. Even though it's light coverage it does cover a lot of redness in my cheeks and my large pores. I set this with Mineralize Skinfinish and I look amazing. I look like my skin is perfect and I'm wearing nothing which is exactly the look I'm going for. If I use a setting powder (MUFE HD), I get greasy looking by the end of the day. With a primer I looked matte all day but I'm not sure about using it alone. I'll have to try that out and see if that's what I need to do. I'll update this after a while to state whether or not I'm still using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by Z67

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my favorite BB cream so far and that's saying something. I've tried Loreal and Revlon, but they don't come close to this beauty. I love the look is gives me and the finish too. If you're fair skinned, please at least try this, it might work. I use either my fingers or a small stipple brush to apply this and it looks like I have no makeup on but a moisturized glow to my face. Really it's that good. It can accentuate dry patches and flakes, but cleaning/exfoliating your face before hand will help. This BB cream also helps adhere foundations and powders to my face to even out my complexion even further, if I choose to. The only con is the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2013 4:00:00 PM More reviews by TaylorDanielle27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I was interested in BB creams because so many vloggers recommend it. Given i love my MAC studio fix concealer and foundation, I figured I would love the BB cream as well! This is true! The BB cream works well in two ways. I throw it on my face on the days I do not want to wear much makeup, given it is very light coverage. Alone, it looks like I am not wearing any makeup while still leaving my skin flawless and dewy. On the days I am wearing my usual makeup this is great bec it works as a primer. I find that my foundation and concealer stay on ALL day...they do not move. Its thick and dries quickly so I recommend you blend quickly. Also, a little goes a long way dont pack it on ESPECIALLY if you are planning on putting foundation over it. <3

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 9:41:00 PM More reviews by kbaker21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Purchased this in the palette packaging and whoa! i love how it is really an ALL in 1. I also love the SPF in it, the sun beams even on a 70 degree day in N. Florida. I recommend using the brush application with this product. The palette comes with a sponge but it is a waste considering it soaks up more than it actually puts on your face. ;)

Shade: Dark Deep

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2013 6:56:00 PM More reviews by Lisa51

I bought this stuff over the weekend and have worn it only a couple of times and I LOVED it! For once my makeup stayed on the whole day! I wore it with MAC pro long ware NW20 and MAC skin natural finish and was told numerous times over the day my makeup looked really nice.. And I never once had to worry about touch ups... I love that you can ware it on it's own on daggy days or under foundation to keep it on... You do need to apply it quickly because it starts to thicken while you speed it but who cares as long as it works right! It's so expensive in Australia but worth it I would buy it again for sure!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2013 9:14:00 PM More reviews by handfulofgoo

I love this! No, I don't think it's awesome enough to wear on it's own (too little bit if coverage, and way too light for me) But I use this as a base...then use Studio Fix Powder right on top if it. And that's my HG face routine! The bb cream adheres to the powder so well, it stays on for hours!! This is the perfect 'primer' for me because since its a bb cream, I haven't broken out! In love!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2013 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Sinktotheebeat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great if you're looking for light coverage. I have very oily skin but this along with macs oil control lotion is perfect for my skin, gives a semi matte but still dewy, long lasting finish which is exactly what I've been looking for, plus it holds up very nicely against very humid, Miami weather. Only complaint is I wish there were more shades to choose from as my skin tone varies. Overall, love and will definitely be purchasing again. For reference I am usually nw45 with very oily but mostly clear skin.