November 24, 2014 | 1311 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Extreme Volume

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2013 4:46:00 PM More reviews by Elektraza86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Although the formulation is good, the brush is an absolute nightmare to use. This is messy and applies WAY more mascara than anyone's lashes could take. Turning you into a big mess. Clinique get with the program. BUT I don't want to rate this badly because if you scrape all the mascara off and apply it, the. It's beautiful. Unfortunately because the packaging is so awful and turns me into a raging mess....the product clumps around the top and your mascara doesn't last very long. Why buy a mascara if you have to scrape ALL the product off. Grrrrrr!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2013 11:13:00 AM More reviews by luckyunlucky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I hated this mascara. I bought it on a whim during GWP over the usual High Impact. It is a bigger container which means it would last longer (if you could actually use up an entire tube of mascara). The price is higher than High Impact. I find this mascara clumpy. The brush makes me feel clumsy. It is flaky. I had to restrain from playing with my lashes because after the second swipe you are in spider-lashes territory. My boyfriend actually said "Ahhh what did you do!?" I really just hated it... Note that if you like thick mascaras that give you drama instantly you might like this... especially if you have thin, fine lashes that aren't very dense. I have fairly thick and dense lashes so this DID NOT work for me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2013 6:20:00 AM More reviews by NewWave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Just like previous reviewers, I only bouth this because I love the original High Impact mascara. This one is nothing like the original! It is very difficult to apply, because the brush is huge and messy. After a couple of used it is covered with black goo, so that the bristles are barely doing their job. Forget aout painting those little lashes in the corners - the brush is too chunky and covered with the thick layer of black wet mascara. I always get this mascara transferred to my lids and it is so wet, it takes forever to dry. The wear is also poor, I find lots of black fallout under the eyes by the end of the day! Officially this is the worst mascara I own. Will not repurchase or recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/17/2013 4:43:00 PM More reviews by alcMD2peds

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like the regular High Impact mascara so thought I would try this for extra volume. However, this is a very wet product that makes lashes stick together more than anything. Too much comes out on the brush. I do like the brush -- especially the extra bristles on the end where it's kind of rounded. I ended up using the end of the brush mostly since it was easier to work with. I actually ended up returning this since I like my drugstore mascara better (Cover Girl clump crusher right now!) This was not worth the money.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2013 2:04:00 PM More reviews by daniiq

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

Bought this one because the High Impact mascara by Clinique was unfortunately discontinued. And this one is no where near as good as the High Impact one, in my opinion.

First of all, the brush so harsh on my eyes! I also think the make my lashes a bit straight, and the effect is not natural. I like mascara's that maintains the curl and give a lot of volume, while still looking natural.
But this one clumps quite a bit. It also makes my lashes so hard, and i do shed some lashes when i take this off at night. It also smudges after a day. But this is just my opinion; i do think there are girls out there that will appreciate this mascara, and don't care if it makes the lashes hard. I personally just dislike that effect.

The packaging is very bad imo. There is just SO much product build up around the opening, and on the brush itself. I used gossmakeupartist' tip to kinda smudge the excess out on my hand, and that does work, but it is just unnecessary seeing i have never had to do that before, and it's just a waste of product!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 1:06:00 PM More reviews by purplerain71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is only mascara I keep going back to. I tried from high to low ends and nothing compared to this incredible mascara. Mind you, I have short, and barely there lashes, this mascara is only one that bring lashes back to life with volume and length. I usually always rely on water proof mascara, not anymore. This mascara does not smear, smudge only until you cry or in shower, it will smear, that's it. I sweat everyday at gym and still no smear. My lashes grew back to normal, thanks to this mascara that does not cause any damages.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2013 9:33:00 AM More reviews by gwootton

Not as good as the original High Impact because the bristles are too short so it makes all my lashes clump together. I much prefer longer bristles and not so keen on the head being made of plastic - much prefer proper bristly brushes. The volume provided by this mascara is impressive but no more so than the original High Impact mascara. Get that one instead!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 11:13:00 AM More reviews by JaanBlack

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG mascara for dramatic lashes. This seems to lengthen just a little more than add volume BUT it does add a considerable amount of volume. 2 coats and you have extremely long, full lashes. Beware of too much product on the brush, especially at the end but otherwise I love it! Oh, and it's not as expensive as Dior but does a better job IMO

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 5:47:00 PM More reviews by scs2dd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Since it has the same formula as High Impact, this mascara reaffirms my opinion that rubber wands are inferior to traditional bristle. It's not a horrible mascara by any means, but it seems you can't have it both ways: fewer bristles (rubber) means more product with a sloppier application, and more bristles applies less product on the lashes but they are more finely separated. On the plus side, the formula is a deep black and does build. Its tendency to clump and a messy application is enough to deter me from repurchasing-- the original High Impact mascara, however, is one of my favorites under Lancome Doll Lashes.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2012 2:25:00 AM More reviews by thealmightyboots

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have mixed feelings on this mascara. If Clinique fixed the tube I would definitely repurchase, but in it's current state it's virtually unusable.
I LOVE the brush, I've always liked big fat mascara wands (Diorshow, MF false lash effect) but didn't like how they always have a flat surface or point on the end that just ends up with big blobs of mascara that get onto the inside of your eye. This brush solves that by a rounded end covered in spikes, which are just brilliant to work with.
Anyway, brush is awesome.
The fatal flaw that stops this from even being an 'okay' product is that the little bottle neck part of the tube that regulates the amount of product that ends up on the wand is just waaaay too big. You end up with far far far too much product on the brush, and then aside from taking ages to apply as you attempt to wipe all the excess product from the wand and then comb it out of your lashes to stop your lashes sticking together in one big clumpy mess, the product goes all clumpy in the tube from being wiped all over the edge, and you just end up with a big clumpy disappointing mess that you regret spending $40 on.
:-(
Really hope Clinique fixes this because I so want to be able to use this wand!