April 19, 2014 | 1086 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Extreme Volume

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2013 2:04:00 PM More reviews by daniiq

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

Bought this one because the High Impact mascara by Clinique was unfortunately discontinued. And this one is no where near as good as the High Impact one, in my opinion.

First of all, the brush so harsh on my eyes! I also think the make my lashes a bit straight, and the effect is not natural. I like mascara's that maintains the curl and give a lot of volume, while still looking natural.
But this one clumps quite a bit. It also makes my lashes so hard, and i do shed some lashes when i take this off at night. It also smudges after a day. But this is just my opinion; i do think there are girls out there that will appreciate this mascara, and don't care if it makes the lashes hard. I personally just dislike that effect.

The packaging is very bad imo. There is just SO much product build up around the opening, and on the brush itself. I used gossmakeupartist' tip to kinda smudge the excess out on my hand, and that does work, but it is just unnecessary seeing i have never had to do that before, and it's just a waste of product!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 1:06:00 PM More reviews by purplerain71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is only mascara I keep going back to. I tried from high to low ends and nothing compared to this incredible mascara. Mind you, I have short, and barely there lashes, this mascara is only one that bring lashes back to life with volume and length. I usually always rely on water proof mascara, not anymore. This mascara does not smear, smudge only until you cry or in shower, it will smear, that's it. I sweat everyday at gym and still no smear. My lashes grew back to normal, thanks to this mascara that does not cause any damages.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2013 9:33:00 AM More reviews by gwootton

Not as good as the original High Impact because the bristles are too short so it makes all my lashes clump together. I much prefer longer bristles and not so keen on the head being made of plastic - much prefer proper bristly brushes. The volume provided by this mascara is impressive but no more so than the original High Impact mascara. Get that one instead!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 11:13:00 AM More reviews by JaanBlack

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG mascara for dramatic lashes. This seems to lengthen just a little more than add volume BUT it does add a considerable amount of volume. 2 coats and you have extremely long, full lashes. Beware of too much product on the brush, especially at the end but otherwise I love it! Oh, and it's not as expensive as Dior but does a better job IMO

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2013 5:47:00 PM More reviews by scs2dd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Since it has the same formula as High Impact, this mascara reaffirms my opinion that rubber wands are inferior to traditional bristle. It's not a horrible mascara by any means, but it seems you can't have it both ways: fewer bristles (rubber) means more product with a sloppier application, and more bristles applies less product on the lashes but they are more finely separated. On the plus side, the formula is a deep black and does build. Its tendency to clump and a messy application is enough to deter me from repurchasing-- the original High Impact mascara, however, is one of my favorites under Lancome Doll Lashes.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2012 2:25:00 AM More reviews by thealmightyboots

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have mixed feelings on this mascara. If Clinique fixed the tube I would definitely repurchase, but in it's current state it's virtually unusable.
I LOVE the brush, I've always liked big fat mascara wands (Diorshow, MF false lash effect) but didn't like how they always have a flat surface or point on the end that just ends up with big blobs of mascara that get onto the inside of your eye. This brush solves that by a rounded end covered in spikes, which are just brilliant to work with.
Anyway, brush is awesome.
The fatal flaw that stops this from even being an 'okay' product is that the little bottle neck part of the tube that regulates the amount of product that ends up on the wand is just waaaay too big. You end up with far far far too much product on the brush, and then aside from taking ages to apply as you attempt to wipe all the excess product from the wand and then comb it out of your lashes to stop your lashes sticking together in one big clumpy mess, the product goes all clumpy in the tube from being wiped all over the edge, and you just end up with a big clumpy disappointing mess that you regret spending $40 on.
:-(
Really hope Clinique fixes this because I so want to be able to use this wand!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/20/2012 12:23:00 PM More reviews by gortney

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I hate this mascara. The wand is way too big. The bristles are too far apart that I end up with clumpy spider lashes. The formula is too wet. I end up getting mascara all over my eyelid because of this. This is a huge fail in my opinion. And when I remove the mascara at night, it leaves little flakes all over my eyes and I have to spend forever fishing out the bits and pieces from inside my eye. It does not volumize as much as I would like either. A waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2012 9:31:00 AM More reviews by yuxin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

amazing mascara! add length and volume to me, super long and intensive volume. It won't smudge at all for 8 hours. Although i still need a lash curler, it can hold half day on me. It is what i need all for a mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2012 3:10:00 PM More reviews by Aiglon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I think this is a great mascara. This mascara has the darkest black I've ever seen, which is def a plus. Unlike what a lot of people say, I don't think there's too much product on the wand. My lashes don't clump but this might be because my lashes are sparse, if you have a lot of lashes they may clump. I don't think that this mascara gives me more volume than my favorite mascara (Max Factor 2000 calories), but it does give my lashes more length yay! Although the product says extreme volume, it's medium volume plus length, but I actually like it that way. A big plus is that it doesn't smudge or flake at all.
In all I think this is a really good mascara which will give you very black lashes with volume and length. The only negative thing is that it's soooo expensive in my country so I will never buy the product here (I bought it in the US while I was on vacation).

rated 2 of 5 on 9/12/2012 10:36:00 AM More reviews by MAO

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have mixed feelings about this mascara.

1. I like the brush, but it comes out of the tube with wayyyyyy too much product on it. You will need to wipe a lot of it off of the wand or you're gonna have clumpy lashes. You wind up wasting a lot of it.

2. For me, it is giving more length than volume. Not impressed with the volume at all, and I don't need a lengthening mascara. I think it makes my already long lashes look a little outlandish.

So if you are looking for a good lengthening mascara, this would be a good pick. But I really regret shelling out $20 for this. Will not buy again.