March 2, 2015 | 1787 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Extreme Volume

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 9:22:00 PM More reviews by kwill89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I am pleasantly SURPRISED by this mascara because I have heard that Clinique mascara's are similar to Mac (so very mediocre) however this mascara is great for my tiny, thin and straight eyelashes. I have to put on several coats, but on me it doesn't clump, it is truly a dark black colour which I love and it stays in place in all day. It doesn't flake, it doesn't smudge, and I wore it out on a rainy day today and it lasted all day no problems. It adds length, volume and darkens my lashes wonderfully. I actually almost prefer it over my current HG Chanel mascara. I am truly surprised...I am happy I bought this impulsively at Shoppers Drugmart for $23 CND...I can thank the beauty blog Gh0stparties for inspiring this purchase!!

UPDATE: I've been wearing this all week and I've got to say that it is actually freakin amazing. I love that the lid "clicks" so you know it's closed properly too, so it won't dry out any time soon. I love that it doesn't flake and that it stays in place all day. It lengths well (volume though is so so, but I like length, black eyeliner does the "volume" trick) and it stays on so well that I need a waterproof eye makeup remover to thoroughly remove it hahaha. I have used Lancome, Chanel, Mac, you name it...Nothing has been THIS good, I am so surprised by Clinique. I also love the packaging. The wand is huge but it's thin so it's not hard to apply to my tiny eyelashes. My eyelashes are significantly longer with this mascara on and it makes all the difference in the world for me. Definitely repurchase. $23 is a lot better than the $45 Chanel mascara I was previously wearing.

UPDATE OVER A MONTH LATER: HG mascara. It's just amazing. I love everything about it and shortly I will be purchasing my second tube. Ladies with short eyelashes, this will work wonders for you. It has amazing staying power for not being a waterproof mascara, it has never smudged or flaked off in the hottest weather or even in rain. I'm in love!!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/16/2013 7:56:00 PM More reviews by monty713

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Pass on this one. Clumps, (I should have realized this when the sales person said she was wearing it and her eyelashes looked ridiculous) smudges, smears and is difficult to wash off.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2013 9:04:00 PM More reviews by dw018

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I bought this wanting to try new mascara brands and it isn't good at all. Its such a wet formula and clumps like no tomorrow! I cannot use it without my eyelashes looking like crap or it getting all over my eye lids.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2013 4:46:00 PM More reviews by Elektraza86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Although the formulation is good, the brush is an absolute nightmare to use. This is messy and applies WAY more mascara than anyone's lashes could take. Turning you into a big mess. Clinique get with the program. BUT I don't want to rate this badly because if you scrape all the mascara off and apply it, the. It's beautiful. Unfortunately because the packaging is so awful and turns me into a raging mess....the product clumps around the top and your mascara doesn't last very long. Why buy a mascara if you have to scrape ALL the product off. Grrrrrr!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2013 11:13:00 AM More reviews by luckyunlucky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I hated this mascara. I bought it on a whim during GWP over the usual High Impact. It is a bigger container which means it would last longer (if you could actually use up an entire tube of mascara). The price is higher than High Impact. I find this mascara clumpy. The brush makes me feel clumsy. It is flaky. I had to restrain from playing with my lashes because after the second swipe you are in spider-lashes territory. My boyfriend actually said "Ahhh what did you do!?" I really just hated it... Note that if you like thick mascaras that give you drama instantly you might like this... especially if you have thin, fine lashes that aren't very dense. I have fairly thick and dense lashes so this DID NOT work for me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2013 6:20:00 AM More reviews by NewWave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Just like previous reviewers, I only bouth this because I love the original High Impact mascara. This one is nothing like the original! It is very difficult to apply, because the brush is huge and messy. After a couple of used it is covered with black goo, so that the bristles are barely doing their job. Forget aout painting those little lashes in the corners - the brush is too chunky and covered with the thick layer of black wet mascara. I always get this mascara transferred to my lids and it is so wet, it takes forever to dry. The wear is also poor, I find lots of black fallout under the eyes by the end of the day! Officially this is the worst mascara I own. Will not repurchase or recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/17/2013 4:43:00 PM More reviews by alcMD2peds

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like the regular High Impact mascara so thought I would try this for extra volume. However, this is a very wet product that makes lashes stick together more than anything. Too much comes out on the brush. I do like the brush -- especially the extra bristles on the end where it's kind of rounded. I ended up using the end of the brush mostly since it was easier to work with. I actually ended up returning this since I like my drugstore mascara better (Cover Girl clump crusher right now!) This was not worth the money.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2013 2:04:00 PM More reviews by daniiq

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

Bought this one because the High Impact mascara by Clinique was unfortunately discontinued. And this one is no where near as good as the High Impact one, in my opinion.

First of all, the brush so harsh on my eyes! I also think the make my lashes a bit straight, and the effect is not natural. I like mascara's that maintains the curl and give a lot of volume, while still looking natural.
But this one clumps quite a bit. It also makes my lashes so hard, and i do shed some lashes when i take this off at night. It also smudges after a day. But this is just my opinion; i do think there are girls out there that will appreciate this mascara, and don't care if it makes the lashes hard. I personally just dislike that effect.

The packaging is very bad imo. There is just SO much product build up around the opening, and on the brush itself. I used gossmakeupartist' tip to kinda smudge the excess out on my hand, and that does work, but it is just unnecessary seeing i have never had to do that before, and it's just a waste of product!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 1:06:00 PM More reviews by purplerain71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is only mascara I keep going back to. I tried from high to low ends and nothing compared to this incredible mascara. Mind you, I have short, and barely there lashes, this mascara is only one that bring lashes back to life with volume and length. I usually always rely on water proof mascara, not anymore. This mascara does not smear, smudge only until you cry or in shower, it will smear, that's it. I sweat everyday at gym and still no smear. My lashes grew back to normal, thanks to this mascara that does not cause any damages.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2013 9:33:00 AM More reviews by gwootton

Not as good as the original High Impact because the bristles are too short so it makes all my lashes clump together. I much prefer longer bristles and not so keen on the head being made of plastic - much prefer proper bristly brushes. The volume provided by this mascara is impressive but no more so than the original High Impact mascara. Get that one instead!