July 28, 2014 | 1928 users online

Hair Treatments - L'Oreal - Elvive Extraordinary Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 8:02:00 AM More reviews by asha890

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

just bought this and fall in love with it.. an excellent replacement for my keraste hair oil (orange colour).. best put after shower!!! very light feeling and non greasy.. the price is affordable and u got a lot of amount which can last me for a very long time!

the cons is the packaging.. its in a glass pump..which is very heavy and scared if i lose grip of it ! :/

overall GOOD product!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 6:32:00 AM More reviews by JQ88

Recommended for extremely dry and damaged hair: i blow dry my hair once every week , my hair is curly, damaged, very very frizzy and dull, i started using this product along with loreal elvive conditioner for about a month or so , at first use the products made my hair more manageable and easier to blow-dry and comb. After a month of consistent use my hair has become very soft and shiny my hair dresser always compliments me on how healthy my hair has become since using the product .

rated 1 of 5 on 1/2/2014 11:37:00 AM More reviews by NinaWV

I bought this oil and it's just not good for me, I take good care of my hair, I have never colored my hair and it's healthy, I always get compliments on how shiny and softs are my curls, then I bought Loreal EO and it makes my hair feel like barb wire! I once showered and used the oil and then decided to go to the salon to get my hair ironed and mt stylist told me that my hair looked greasy and dirty with that oil just one hour after applied. All I have to do is wash my hair and it's soft again but I'll never buy a second bottle and it's going almost new to the trash.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2013 3:36:00 AM More reviews by luckylouie

I have ticked no to repurchase because I really don't know if I will repurchase or not. I bought the gold topped one on special a couple of weeks ago. I have short, somewhat fine hair that is in otherwise good condition. I color occasionally, don't blow dry or style or use any other styling products on my hair. Sometimes I will use coconut oil on my hair before washing to deep condition. All I wanted from this product was something that would add a bit of shine and perhaps make my hair look a little bit thicker. It does both of these. The smell is milder than many shine serums which is one reason I purchased it. I can't say how it would work on people with damaged hair, but it does what I want on my fairly decent hair.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2013 4:59:00 AM More reviews by Sjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I had some samples of the gold version, which I loved. As I have coloured hair I bought the red version. It's different to the gold one, really different. My hair doesn't feel as soft and doesn't look as good as with the gold one. Also the amount of alcohol is eye-watering, literally! I have to rub my hands for a good 30 secs before I put it near my hair. That being said, for the price it's an okay hair oil. It surpasses the way more expensive Moroccanoil imho. If you are on a budget this is a great alternative for expensive hair oils. Just rub your hands before putting it near your head ;).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2013 10:02:00 AM More reviews by keiki300

this product i think is more synthetic oils than natural. it is ok but i prefer pure oils. this sits on hair as opposed to get into it like pure argon oil. no matter how much pure argon oil i use my hair does not feel greasy but this is only good for a sleek look for people who have no curls at all. it weighs down the curls a bit not much. i can take it or leave. blah product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2013 9:30:00 AM More reviews by HottSauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

First off, I really dont like the packaging. IT'S GLASS!!! And its heavy. The pump is fine.

I also dont like The product itself. It is thick and did not moisturize or repair my hair. Left my hair heavy with little movement, dirty feeling, greasy and even dried out my hair. I never had a hair oil do that.

For reference, my hair is long, thick, colored and straight. Still looking for the perfect hair serum.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2013 6:29:00 AM More reviews by sharapova

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

love this so much!!!
this oil has helped to restore my hair so much (along with other products). my hair has been damaged a lot from colouring, heat etc, but this oil has assisted in smoothing the hair strands.
i use it after my shower when my hair is wet, then i blow dry.
i then put it on again, wait a few minutes, then straighten my hair.
it is a perfect heat protectant.
i then apply some the next day to ensure extra smoothness.
i probably over use this product, but i just love it too much!
i recommend it for people who have damaged hair. won't be disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2013 5:46:00 PM More reviews by islapbisheslikecrazy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is by far the best treatment oil I've ever used.
I've been having trouble finding an above-average hair conditioner lately, so now the wellness of my hair pretty much all depends on leave-in products,so much boohoo for me!

But to my surprise, this product tames my hair within seconds of time and give my hair a glowy and silky finish that lasts fairly long, which is unlike most of the leave-in hair products that don't have a lasting power.

The scent is also divine too, if you like really comforting and yet still slightly romantic scent, then it has the right scent for you. But it's not overwhelming either(it will wear off in a few minutes, but if you use a large amount of it, then it's definitely still slightly perceivable)

What's more worth-mentioning is that the price of it is actually fairly cheap as well, especially when it comes in in a 100ml bottle rather than a 30ml or so quantity that most leave-ins usually come with.

The only flaw I'd say, though, is that it doesn't have a secure plastic cap lock thing over the cap, so that the cap might be accidently swirled open any time if you suddenly require a wild rummage through your purse. SO GOOD LUCK WITH THAT THOUGH!

But all in all, a great product and I will definitely repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2013 9:18:00 AM More reviews by innese

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought it about 6 monthes ago and it's about to run out, so while I decide wether to buy it again or not, I will lay out my experiences.
My hair is slightly wavy, fine, and since buying it I've coloured it twice (lighter than darker), got a haircut and stopped using flat iron (which means that when I started out, my hair was more damaged and very frizzy).
There are several ways to use it and here's how I have:
Before heat styling-
When I applied it before using a flat iron it gave my hair a really nice shine and prevented my hair and ends from looking fried. When applied before blow drying my hair (on damp hair) it made my hair smooth and shiny but made it curl a little and caused the blow dry to not last.
When letting hair air dry-
Again, made my hair smooth and shiny but made it curl in a funny way and "interrupted" my natural waviness, causing my hair to frizz(!) also left it looking a little wet which I didn't like.
As a treatment-
Doesn't deliver long-term results, it's only beautifying when you apply it and until you wash it off, although you could say that by preventing damage it treats it.
In the shower-my favourite method-
After shampooing, before/after conditioning, it takes a lot more product (3-4 pumps rather than 1 in other methods), makes my hair very shiny, smooth, soft, easy to comb, enhances the colour (I've got the one with the red cap) and doesn't leave my hair looking oily, wet or frizzy. It really nourishes my hair this way and what I like most is that it protects the ends so well that if I blow dry or even iron my hair, they would still look healthy and shiny.

To sum up, good for people who want to minimize heat styling damage and make their hair seem more lively, but it doesn't replace a good conditioner, serums and other styling products that could would ultimately deliver the same results. It's a nice extra but I won't buy again unless it's on sale.

Sorry for the length of this comment, I hope you found it useful and please forgive my grammar mistakes, I'm not a native English speaker :)

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No