August 29, 2014 | 2011 users online

Hair Treatments - L'Oreal - Elvive Extraordinary Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2014 9:30:00 PM More reviews by Dreamer731

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

this hair oil is available in the states as well although it's marketed as L'Oreal "Oleo Therapy" Perfecting Oil Essence. It comes in the same shaped glass bottle and contains the 6 flower oil and has the same exact ingredients. I love this oil it's very light and non-greasy.I use this mainly before blow drying and then I smooth a small amount on my dry hair for extra shine. Leaves my hair feeling soft with a glossy finish. This oil smells very nice like a high end salon product. So if anyone in the states is wondering where to get this product, it's named "Oleo Therapy" and its part of L'Oreal's new line of sulfate free oil infused shampoo, conditioner, deep conditioning masque, and self warming hot oil treatments.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2014 4:11:00 AM More reviews by sezasunshine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is just a whole lot of "meh"

I'm a gold cap user. I've had this bottle for 15 months. No, it's not ever-giving I just go through phases of digging it out, trying again, and putting it back.

Let's go top to bottom with this one:

Aesthetically, nice packaging. The glass bottle can only be bumping up the price though. The pump gives just as much as you'd want for a single measure. We're off to a good start...

The consistency of the product is serum-y. It's not too thick, not too thin... Goldilocks would be happy.

I realise the sme is a point of contention, but personally I love it. It wouldn't be amiss in a EDT!

Then you use it... Urgh.

Now I will point out a lot of people on here seem to love this on their coloured hair. Maybe as mine isn't coloured, it's not getting in there as much?!

That's the problem. I can't notice anything different with one pump, and two pumps it just weighs my hair down massively. I would also say my hair gets a lot more tangled with this in, which may be a sign of the product gumming up...

I've also used this as a hair mask, a pre-shampoo, a finishing oil (really - don't attempt this one!) and will try a tip I found om here about using it as a middle step between shampoo and conditioner.

So, if your hair is long, au natural in terms of colour, and dry due to age and heat alone, save up your pennies and try morrocanoil - better yet read my review on morrocanoil THEN buy it *cough* shameless self promotion *cough*

My verdict - AVOID

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 8:02:00 AM More reviews by asha890

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

just bought this and fall in love with it.. an excellent replacement for my keraste hair oil (orange colour).. best put after shower!!! very light feeling and non greasy.. the price is affordable and u got a lot of amount which can last me for a very long time!

the cons is the packaging.. its in a glass pump..which is very heavy and scared if i lose grip of it ! :/

overall GOOD product!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 6:32:00 AM More reviews by JQ88

Recommended for extremely dry and damaged hair: i blow dry my hair once every week , my hair is curly, damaged, very very frizzy and dull, i started using this product along with loreal elvive conditioner for about a month or so , at first use the products made my hair more manageable and easier to blow-dry and comb. After a month of consistent use my hair has become very soft and shiny my hair dresser always compliments me on how healthy my hair has become since using the product .

rated 1 of 5 on 1/2/2014 11:37:00 AM More reviews by NinaWV

I bought this oil and it's just not good for me, I take good care of my hair, I have never colored my hair and it's healthy, I always get compliments on how shiny and softs are my curls, then I bought Loreal EO and it makes my hair feel like barb wire! I once showered and used the oil and then decided to go to the salon to get my hair ironed and mt stylist told me that my hair looked greasy and dirty with that oil just one hour after applied. All I have to do is wash my hair and it's soft again but I'll never buy a second bottle and it's going almost new to the trash.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2013 3:36:00 AM More reviews by luckylouie

I have ticked no to repurchase because I really don't know if I will repurchase or not. I bought the gold topped one on special a couple of weeks ago. I have short, somewhat fine hair that is in otherwise good condition. I color occasionally, don't blow dry or style or use any other styling products on my hair. Sometimes I will use coconut oil on my hair before washing to deep condition. All I wanted from this product was something that would add a bit of shine and perhaps make my hair look a little bit thicker. It does both of these. The smell is milder than many shine serums which is one reason I purchased it. I can't say how it would work on people with damaged hair, but it does what I want on my fairly decent hair.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2013 4:59:00 AM More reviews by Sjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I had some samples of the gold version, which I loved. As I have coloured hair I bought the red version. It's different to the gold one, really different. My hair doesn't feel as soft and doesn't look as good as with the gold one. Also the amount of alcohol is eye-watering, literally! I have to rub my hands for a good 30 secs before I put it near my hair. That being said, for the price it's an okay hair oil. It surpasses the way more expensive Moroccanoil imho. If you are on a budget this is a great alternative for expensive hair oils. Just rub your hands before putting it near your head ;).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2013 10:02:00 AM More reviews by keiki300

this product i think is more synthetic oils than natural. it is ok but i prefer pure oils. this sits on hair as opposed to get into it like pure argon oil. no matter how much pure argon oil i use my hair does not feel greasy but this is only good for a sleek look for people who have no curls at all. it weighs down the curls a bit not much. i can take it or leave. blah product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2013 9:30:00 AM More reviews by HottSauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

First off, I really dont like the packaging. IT'S GLASS!!! And its heavy. The pump is fine.

I also dont like The product itself. It is thick and did not moisturize or repair my hair. Left my hair heavy with little movement, dirty feeling, greasy and even dried out my hair. I never had a hair oil do that.

For reference, my hair is long, thick, colored and straight. Still looking for the perfect hair serum.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2013 6:29:00 AM More reviews by sharapova

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

love this so much!!!
this oil has helped to restore my hair so much (along with other products). my hair has been damaged a lot from colouring, heat etc, but this oil has assisted in smoothing the hair strands.
i use it after my shower when my hair is wet, then i blow dry.
i then put it on again, wait a few minutes, then straighten my hair.
it is a perfect heat protectant.
i then apply some the next day to ensure extra smoothness.
i probably over use this product, but i just love it too much!
i recommend it for people who have damaged hair. won't be disappointed.