December 22, 2014 | 1137 users online

Hair Treatments - L'Oreal - Elvive Extraordinary Oil

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2014 6:05:00 AM More reviews by chi77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got the one in the red cap since I have colored hair. Gosh, this burnt my hands. It had alcohol and I'm allergic to it. Hair is ok. But for the sake of saving my skin, this is going into someone else's dresser!

UPDATE: I tried this a week later. This time, it didn't burn my hands or skin. Strange. I just took one pump and rub it from mid level down to my ends. Shake up the hair ends, comb through and smooth as silk! Blow dry and hair was just soft and shiny. So I've upgraded the lippies from one to three.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2014 5:31:00 PM More reviews by Maryangels96

I have the one with the filter UV (red cap) because where i live, its mostly sunny, so i like to protect my hair as much as my skin.

This is a miracle in a bottle!! I have medium length hair with dry tips like crazy! I tried to find something that would suit me, so my mom got this a few months ago and gave it to me as she stopped using it because she bought phyto. I was amazed at how amazing this is!

My hair has never been this soft, shiny and beautiful before!! I started to get a lot of compliments (which dosent happen often) !!!

I mostly use this as a after shower product on damp hair, then as a final product after straightening it ( I have curly, wavy, frizzy hair). I have never thought that my hair would be this amazing after just one use!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2014 10:48:00 AM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

At first I didn't really like this oil because of the ingredient list. It seems to have a ton of non-oil ingredients in it, and I had been hoping for something that would be almost pure oil. But then when I use it, I think it's so nice! Not blow-me-out-of-the-water nice, but it's still pretty good. I found I get the best results when I use it on damp hair. I don't blow dry, I always just let it dry naturally, and the results are still nice. It leaves the hair soft, which is pretty hard for me to achieve because I have coarse, dry hair naturally. The hair doesn't look oily at all after it dries, it just looks like nice, soft, bouncy hair. As with all hair oils I have to use a lot of product though, because if I use less it just doesn't do anything for the hair or succeed in covering it all. I use 3-4 pumps on each side of the hair. But don't do that unless like me you have very thick, very coarse, very dry, long hair. If you found it too greasy, you were probably using too much. I think how much you should use would depend on how thick and dry your hair is to begin with. Oh I use the one with the gold cap, because I have natural hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Ashperry

I love this product it is my most favourite thing to use! It makes ur hair smell delicious and look amazing with a nice shine. I have died my hair lots over the past 2 years and it is very damaged and this oil makes my hair look healthy once again:) I would defiantly buy again I just recently bought my second bottle. Very happy with this product. The only thing is the price but it is totally worth paying $20 for :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2014 9:30:00 PM More reviews by Dreamer731

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

this hair oil is available in the states as well although it's marketed as L'Oreal "Oleo Therapy" Perfecting Oil Essence. It comes in the same shaped glass bottle and contains the 6 flower oil and has the same exact ingredients. I love this oil it's very light and non-greasy.I use this mainly before blow drying and then I smooth a small amount on my dry hair for extra shine. Leaves my hair feeling soft with a glossy finish. This oil smells very nice like a high end salon product. So if anyone in the states is wondering where to get this product, it's named "Oleo Therapy" and its part of L'Oreal's new line of sulfate free oil infused shampoo, conditioner, deep conditioning masque, and self warming hot oil treatments.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2014 4:11:00 AM More reviews by sezasunshine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is just a whole lot of "meh"

I'm a gold cap user. I've had this bottle for 15 months. No, it's not ever-giving I just go through phases of digging it out, trying again, and putting it back.

Let's go top to bottom with this one:

Aesthetically, nice packaging. The glass bottle can only be bumping up the price though. The pump gives just as much as you'd want for a single measure. We're off to a good start...

The consistency of the product is serum-y. It's not too thick, not too thin... Goldilocks would be happy.

I realise the sme is a point of contention, but personally I love it. It wouldn't be amiss in a EDT!

Then you use it... Urgh.

Now I will point out a lot of people on here seem to love this on their coloured hair. Maybe as mine isn't coloured, it's not getting in there as much?!

That's the problem. I can't notice anything different with one pump, and two pumps it just weighs my hair down massively. I would also say my hair gets a lot more tangled with this in, which may be a sign of the product gumming up...

I've also used this as a hair mask, a pre-shampoo, a finishing oil (really - don't attempt this one!) and will try a tip I found om here about using it as a middle step between shampoo and conditioner.

So, if your hair is long, au natural in terms of colour, and dry due to age and heat alone, save up your pennies and try morrocanoil - better yet read my review on morrocanoil THEN buy it *cough* shameless self promotion *cough*

My verdict - AVOID

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 8:02:00 AM More reviews by asha890

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

just bought this and fall in love with it.. an excellent replacement for my keraste hair oil (orange colour).. best put after shower!!! very light feeling and non greasy.. the price is affordable and u got a lot of amount which can last me for a very long time!

the cons is the packaging.. its in a glass pump..which is very heavy and scared if i lose grip of it ! :/

overall GOOD product!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 6:32:00 AM More reviews by JQ88

Recommended for extremely dry and damaged hair: i blow dry my hair once every week , my hair is curly, damaged, very very frizzy and dull, i started using this product along with loreal elvive conditioner for about a month or so , at first use the products made my hair more manageable and easier to blow-dry and comb. After a month of consistent use my hair has become very soft and shiny my hair dresser always compliments me on how healthy my hair has become since using the product .

rated 1 of 5 on 1/2/2014 11:37:00 AM More reviews by NinaWV

I bought this oil and it's just not good for me, I take good care of my hair, I have never colored my hair and it's healthy, I always get compliments on how shiny and softs are my curls, then I bought Loreal EO and it makes my hair feel like barb wire! I once showered and used the oil and then decided to go to the salon to get my hair ironed and mt stylist told me that my hair looked greasy and dirty with that oil just one hour after applied. All I have to do is wash my hair and it's soft again but I'll never buy a second bottle and it's going almost new to the trash.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2013 3:36:00 AM More reviews by luckylouie

I have ticked no to repurchase because I really don't know if I will repurchase or not. I bought the gold topped one on special a couple of weeks ago. I have short, somewhat fine hair that is in otherwise good condition. I color occasionally, don't blow dry or style or use any other styling products on my hair. Sometimes I will use coconut oil on my hair before washing to deep condition. All I wanted from this product was something that would add a bit of shine and perhaps make my hair look a little bit thicker. It does both of these. The smell is milder than many shine serums which is one reason I purchased it. I can't say how it would work on people with damaged hair, but it does what I want on my fairly decent hair.