April 17, 2014 | 1427 users online

Treatments - L'Oreal - Elvive Extraordinary Oil

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2013 10:02:00 AM More reviews by keiki300

this product i think is more synthetic oils than natural. it is ok but i prefer pure oils. this sits on hair as opposed to get into it like pure argon oil. no matter how much pure argon oil i use my hair does not feel greasy but this is only good for a sleek look for people who have no curls at all. it weighs down the curls a bit not much. i can take it or leave. blah product.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2013 9:30:00 AM More reviews by HottSauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

First off, I really dont like the packaging. IT'S GLASS!!! And its heavy. The pump is fine.

I also dont like The product itself. It is thick and did not moisturize or repair my hair. Left my hair heavy with little movement, dirty feeling, greasy and even dried out my hair. I never had a hair oil do that.

For reference, my hair is long, thick, colored and straight. Still looking for the perfect hair serum.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2013 6:29:00 AM More reviews by sharapova

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

love this so much!!!
this oil has helped to restore my hair so much (along with other products). my hair has been damaged a lot from colouring, heat etc, but this oil has assisted in smoothing the hair strands.
i use it after my shower when my hair is wet, then i blow dry.
i then put it on again, wait a few minutes, then straighten my hair.
it is a perfect heat protectant.
i then apply some the next day to ensure extra smoothness.
i probably over use this product, but i just love it too much!
i recommend it for people who have damaged hair. won't be disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2013 5:46:00 PM More reviews by islapbisheslikecrazy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is by far the best treatment oil I've ever used.
I've been having trouble finding an above-average hair conditioner lately, so now the wellness of my hair pretty much all depends on leave-in products,so much boohoo for me!

But to my surprise, this product tames my hair within seconds of time and give my hair a glowy and silky finish that lasts fairly long, which is unlike most of the leave-in hair products that don't have a lasting power.

The scent is also divine too, if you like really comforting and yet still slightly romantic scent, then it has the right scent for you. But it's not overwhelming either(it will wear off in a few minutes, but if you use a large amount of it, then it's definitely still slightly perceivable)

What's more worth-mentioning is that the price of it is actually fairly cheap as well, especially when it comes in in a 100ml bottle rather than a 30ml or so quantity that most leave-ins usually come with.

The only flaw I'd say, though, is that it doesn't have a secure plastic cap lock thing over the cap, so that the cap might be accidently swirled open any time if you suddenly require a wild rummage through your purse. SO GOOD LUCK WITH THAT THOUGH!

But all in all, a great product and I will definitely repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2013 9:18:00 AM More reviews by innese

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought it about 6 monthes ago and it's about to run out, so while I decide wether to buy it again or not, I will lay out my experiences.
My hair is slightly wavy, fine, and since buying it I've coloured it twice (lighter than darker), got a haircut and stopped using flat iron (which means that when I started out, my hair was more damaged and very frizzy).
There are several ways to use it and here's how I have:
Before heat styling-
When I applied it before using a flat iron it gave my hair a really nice shine and prevented my hair and ends from looking fried. When applied before blow drying my hair (on damp hair) it made my hair smooth and shiny but made it curl a little and caused the blow dry to not last.
When letting hair air dry-
Again, made my hair smooth and shiny but made it curl in a funny way and "interrupted" my natural waviness, causing my hair to frizz(!) also left it looking a little wet which I didn't like.
As a treatment-
Doesn't deliver long-term results, it's only beautifying when you apply it and until you wash it off, although you could say that by preventing damage it treats it.
In the shower-my favourite method-
After shampooing, before/after conditioning, it takes a lot more product (3-4 pumps rather than 1 in other methods), makes my hair very shiny, smooth, soft, easy to comb, enhances the colour (I've got the one with the red cap) and doesn't leave my hair looking oily, wet or frizzy. It really nourishes my hair this way and what I like most is that it protects the ends so well that if I blow dry or even iron my hair, they would still look healthy and shiny.

To sum up, good for people who want to minimize heat styling damage and make their hair seem more lively, but it doesn't replace a good conditioner, serums and other styling products that could would ultimately deliver the same results. It's a nice extra but I won't buy again unless it's on sale.

Sorry for the length of this comment, I hope you found it useful and please forgive my grammar mistakes, I'm not a native English speaker :)

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2013 9:16:00 AM More reviews by apricotcloud

Have just repurchased this - but only because it's on offer. For 100ml, £9.99 is steep. This was on offer at £6.66 (devilishly good offer ;)) so I had to get it. I used it all last summer and loved the consistency and scent. However, I give it a thumbs down for no lid. I love the glass bottle, it's really chic and high-end looking and I think this is a good dupe for the more expensive hair oils/serums like Kerastase. Love the shiny quality it gives my hair, I usually apply it on wet hair before blowdrying - a little goes a long way but I have long hair so it's a catch 22!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2013 11:23:00 AM More reviews by Cuteiswhatiaimfor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Bought this product about a month and a half ago and I do love it! I probably only bought it cause I loved the smell of it and it was on offer! All in all this is a lovely product if you are going for a smooth and sleek look! I dont tend to use it if im planning on using a matte salt spray during styling! I usually use it for blow drying my hair and I find my hair looks alot less frizzy! (bleaching incident has left me split ends) I usually only apply from my ends to half way up to avoid my roots looking abit too shiny! It works a treat and my mother borrowed it and purchased it herself! I would definitely buy this product again as I feel it does make a great difference when blow drying your hair and smells amazing! Thank you L'Oreal! A decent product that actually works!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by Katechiv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use the red version for coloured hair. As soon as I bought it I thought 2 things - wow that was expensive! And why isn't there a lid??? If I was to put this in my suitcase or wash bag to travel, the cap will turn and probably pump oil all over everything!!! As for the product itself, I use 4 pumps on my long hair but only on the bottom length of my hair before blow drying and then I put one v small pump through the very ends of my hair. My hair is softer, the colour is lasting well and I'm having compliments about the condition of my hair. Result!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2013 8:05:00 AM More reviews by RosemaryWennink

A pretty good product but I've been left a bit underwhelmed by it. I have been using the gold cap oil on my mid length/long hair, which is untreated dye-wise and has always been pretty healthy, just a little prone to lacking strength and shine sometimes.

I love the smell, really gorgeous, and it stays in my hair for the day which is lovely. And I couldn't say the oil does nothing: it does make my hair smoother, softer, and shinier. I apply it when my hair has been towel dried before I blow dry. But here's a problem: the oil makes NO difference to my hair unless I blow dry it after I use it. This might be fine for some people, but I'm very conscious that blow drying every day is leaving something to be desired. I can't use it after my hair has dried as a styling tool because it's simply too heavy and greasy and just makes my hair look dirty.

Finally, as other reviews have said this oil is drying, I have to agree. Not in the short term, but if you use it regularly you will start to notice that if you leave it out of your routine and simply style your hair as you did before, it will be drier, and more prone to breakage and frizziness. Or maybe that's just me, it's very possible! I won't purchase again because I'd like a product which gives an extra burst or hydration but won't dry my hair out in the long term, and which will show results even without heavy duty blow drying.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/3/2013 12:40:00 PM More reviews by GSKW

This is one of the worse oil i have used.The first application wasnt that bad.But,it just got worse from the second onwards.My hair is dry and this oil adds more dryness into it.My hair was feeling very tangled too.I personally do not recommend this product.