December 19, 2014 | 1149 users online

Pressed Powders - Neutrogena - Shine Control Pressed Powder

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2014 4:53:00 PM More reviews by gem13

I love the powder. I have used it for a while since it first came out. But lately with the past two compacts I've used, I begin to have concern. As the powder ran thin in the center and the metal plate below the powder became exposed I see a black color on my cotton pad applicator mixed in with the powder on the pad. Of coarse I suspected the exposed metal plate below holding the powder. I removed all the powder from the compact and wiped a cotton ball all around on that metal plate. the cotton ball came up with a dark thick amount of black stuff on it.
What I want to know is what is this metal plate holding the powder we put on our faces made of. Lead? made in china? What? Neutrogena company had no answer for me when I called them. I bought three 3 compacts all at the same time and they all have them same lot number on them. I am now on the second of these three compacts and fear the third will be the same.
A waste of money and scary.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 5:06:00 AM More reviews by RachRachRevolution

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really love this stuff...this is gearing up to be HG status.
I have a very oily t-zone, and am EXTREMELY fair. I have this in the lightest shade, which when combined with my kabuki, is a seamless color match with a flawless finish. I usually get very oily with my choice of foundation (Wet 'n' Wild Coverall in 815- Fair), but this keeps the oil at bay seemingly all day. I have never been able to say this about ANY other powder. I will continue to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 12:36:00 AM More reviews by Amreen3189

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My (acne prone) skin tends to get oilier throughout the day and I tend to look like a greasy mess by evening. I've tried countless powders and oil blotting sheets but nothing seemed to help..until I found this gem.

Pros:
- It's translucent so it'll work with any skin tone.
-Great packaging
-Very smooth application - I was extremely impressed by how flawless it made my foundation look
-Comes with a good sponge
-Makes my makeup last hours and hours & controls the oil amazingly

Cons:
...can't think of any. Seriously. Go grab this product! It's $13.99 in CVS I believe and worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2013 11:38:00 AM More reviews by beriahforney

I love this powder. I have oily skin and this helps me stay matte for almost 10 hours! The finished look isn't powdery or cakey at all! This is my HG powder :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2013 1:57:00 PM More reviews by AMSClassic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

HG blotting powder that actually does what is advertised CONTROLS OIL. Makes my foundation look fabulous and not cake up! I am getting pretty sick and tired of all the cosmetics and skincare products that say they do something that they do not do! This is powder is amazing and cheap, what more could you ask for?!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2013 2:30:00 AM More reviews by Tuney07

I loooove this powder! It's definitely a dupe for the mac blot powder! I think it works better in my opinion not to mention at a fraction of the cost. I lightly brush it on after letting my loreal bb cream set and voila shine free for at least a few hours which says a lot from an oily monster like mysef lol

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2013 11:28:00 PM More reviews by jskellis

I am oilier than Kuwait during the first Gulf war. Like a duck after the Exxon Valdez accident, or your average McDonals deep frier.

I've tried almost every oil control method under the sun- primers, powders, any makeup product geared towards or designed for oily skinned people. Physical sunscreen has helped a lot, but a mattifying powder is absolute necessity.

I found this looking for a cheaper alternative to Tarte smooth operator finishing powder, which is balls to the walls, but painfully pricy. Neutrogena makes a stunning oil control product that compares equally in its ability to mattify. I find I have to blot only twice or three times per day rather than 10 or more with other powders. It has a light finish and never cakes.

I am pleasantly surprised by this and will continue to repurchase. $11 or $12 is totally worth it, especially for people struggling with oil control.

18 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2013 4:04:00 PM More reviews by songy67

- Cheap
- Effective
- Fragrance-free
- Simple packaging
- 10.4 grams

If you are a gal/ guy who has struggled with oily skin and are tired of powders that mattify for all of 5 minutes - run out and get this powder NOW. For $10 you get 10.4 g of product that is actually effective! This works even better than Urban Decay De-Slick Powder, which used to be my HG.

I'm fair-skinned (NC15) so I can't say whether this leaves a white cast on the face, but it appears to be transparent and melts into the skin without leaving any noticeable powdery finish.

The packaging is a simple and sleek matte gray-black plastic with a generous mirror in the lid. I love carrying this around with me for touch-ups. It's discreet and helps keeps my skin shine free and my makeup from caking up. I love this so much and I hope they never discontinue it because I will repurchase this over and over.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2013 12:33:00 AM More reviews by Malidragon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've had oily skin since for 30 years. This is hands down the best powder I've ever bought. I apply ulta double duty foundation and then apply neutrogena powder with a brush once I shine up and I'm good for rest of the day. If i apply it first thung n morningthen i usually reapply once during the day. I'm so glad I bought this on a whim and for $12 it's such a great deal. Use a brush for best application or the oil on the pad will gunk it up.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2013 12:56:00 AM More reviews by Makeupbymoani

I'm a very oil mess and NOTHING helps me... But this. I am extremely surprised and impressed love this shit will repurchase!