Neutrogena Shine Control Pressed Powder

4.2

Mica, Dimethicone, Polyethylene, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Myristate, Silica, Boron Nitride, Squalane, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Seed Protein, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Nylon-12, Lauroyl Lysine, Methylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Propylparaben, Silica Silylate --- may contain (CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 2/7/2014 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I love this product, I have dry skin and an extremely oily NOSE ( weird I know) I have tried everything. you name it I've tried it. I finally gave in and bought it. I was a little scared because it is translucent powder and I'm black I didn't want an ashy nose. I'm glad I did because I love it. it controls the oil like no other. I keep looking in the mirror waiting for the oil to appear but nothing. I love love love it and will totally recommend this.

April 25th 2014
so I think this product worked on me just for one day. the first time used it I was completely oil free. I thought I had found the perfect powder sent to me by the almighty... oooh boy was I wrong. the next day I used this it was completely horrible didn't work at all and made me look so ashy and chalky. very horrible threw it out in anger.

black girls I don't care what anyone says about it being translucent please please stay away.

on 1/15/2014 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love the powder. I have used it for a while since it first came out. But lately with the past two compacts I've used, I begin to have concern. As the powder ran thin in the center and the metal plate below the powder became exposed I see a black color on my cotton pad applicator mixed in with the powder on the pad. Of coarse I suspected the exposed metal plate below holding the powder. I removed all the powder from the compact and wiped a cotton ball all around on that metal plate. the cotton ball came up with a dark thick amount of black stuff on it.
What I want to know is what is this metal plate holding the powder we put on our faces made of. Lead? made in china? What? Neutrogena company had no answer for me when I called them. I bought three 3 compacts all at the same time and they all have them same lot number on them. I am now on the second of these three compacts and fear the third will be the same.
A waste of money and scary.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I really love this stuff...this is gearing up to be HG status.
I have a very oily t-zone, and am EXTREMELY fair. I have this in the lightest shade, which when combined with my kabuki, is a seamless color match with a flawless finish. I usually get very oily with my choice of foundation (Wet 'n' Wild Coverall in 815- Fair), but this keeps the oil at bay seemingly all day. I have never been able to say this about ANY other powder. I will continue to repurchase.

on 12/29/2013 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

My (acne prone) skin tends to get oilier throughout the day and I tend to look like a greasy mess by evening. I've tried countless powders and oil blotting sheets but nothing seemed to help..until I found this gem.

Pros:
- It's translucent so it'll work with any skin tone.
-Great packaging
-Very smooth application - I was extremely impressed by how flawless it made my foundation look
-Comes with a good sponge
-Makes my makeup last hours and hours & controls the oil amazingly

Cons:
...can't think of any. Seriously. Go grab this product! It's $13.99 in CVS I believe and worth every penny.

on 12/5/2013 11:38:00 AM

I love this powder. I have oily skin and this helps me stay matte for almost 10 hours! The finished look isn't powdery or cakey at all! This is my HG powder :)

on 11/22/2013 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

HG blotting powder that actually does what is advertised CONTROLS OIL. Makes my foundation look fabulous and not cake up! I am getting pretty sick and tired of all the cosmetics and skincare products that say they do something that they do not do! This is powder is amazing and cheap, what more could you ask for?!

on 11/18/2013 2:30:00 AM

I loooove this powder! It's definitely a dupe for the mac blot powder! I think it works better in my opinion not to mention at a fraction of the cost. I lightly brush it on after letting my loreal bb cream set and voila shine free for at least a few hours which says a lot from an oily monster like mysef lol

on 9/21/2013 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am oilier than Kuwait during the first Gulf war. Like a duck after the Exxon Valdez accident, or your average McDonals deep frier.

I've tried almost every oil control method under the sun- primers, powders, any makeup product geared towards or designed for oily skinned people. Physical sunscreen has helped a lot, but a mattifying powder is absolute necessity.

I found this looking for a cheaper alternative to Tarte smooth operator finishing powder, which is balls to the walls, but painfully pricy. Neutrogena makes a stunning oil control product that compares equally in its ability to mattify. I find I have to blot only twice or three times per day rather than 10 or more with other powders. It has a light finish and never cakes.

I am pleasantly surprised by this and will continue to repurchase. $11 or $12 is totally worth it, especially for people struggling with oil control.

on 9/7/2013 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've had oily skin since for 30 years. This is hands down the best powder I've ever bought. I apply ulta double duty foundation and then apply neutrogena powder with a brush once I shine up and I'm good for rest of the day. If i apply it first thung n morningthen i usually reapply once during the day. I'm so glad I bought this on a whim and for $12 it's such a great deal. Use a brush for best application or the oil on the pad will gunk it up.

I'm a very oil mess and NOTHING helps me... But this. I am extremely surprised and impressed love this shit will repurchase!