September 18, 2014 | 2089 users online

Pressed Powders - Neutrogena - Shine Control Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2013 11:38:00 AM More reviews by beriahforney

I love this powder. I have oily skin and this helps me stay matte for almost 10 hours! The finished look isn't powdery or cakey at all! This is my HG powder :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2013 1:57:00 PM More reviews by AMSClassic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

HG blotting powder that actually does what is advertised CONTROLS OIL. Makes my foundation look fabulous and not cake up! I am getting pretty sick and tired of all the cosmetics and skincare products that say they do something that they do not do! This is powder is amazing and cheap, what more could you ask for?!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2013 2:30:00 AM More reviews by Tuney07

I loooove this powder! It's definitely a dupe for the mac blot powder! I think it works better in my opinion not to mention at a fraction of the cost. I lightly brush it on after letting my loreal bb cream set and voila shine free for at least a few hours which says a lot from an oily monster like mysef lol

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2013 11:28:00 PM More reviews by jskellis

I am oilier than Kuwait during the first Gulf war. Like a duck after the Exxon Valdez accident, or your average McDonals deep frier.

I've tried almost every oil control method under the sun- primers, powders, any makeup product geared towards or designed for oily skinned people. Physical sunscreen has helped a lot, but a mattifying powder is absolute necessity.

I found this looking for a cheaper alternative to Tarte smooth operator finishing powder, which is balls to the walls, but painfully pricy. Neutrogena makes a stunning oil control product that compares equally in its ability to mattify. I find I have to blot only twice or three times per day rather than 10 or more with other powders. It has a light finish and never cakes.

I am pleasantly surprised by this and will continue to repurchase. $11 or $12 is totally worth it, especially for people struggling with oil control.

17 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2013 4:04:00 PM More reviews by songy67

- Cheap
- Effective
- Fragrance-free
- Simple packaging
- 10.4 grams

If you are a gal/ guy who has struggled with oily skin and are tired of powders that mattify for all of 5 minutes - run out and get this powder NOW. For $10 you get 10.4 g of product that is actually effective! This works even better than Urban Decay De-Slick Powder, which used to be my HG.

I'm fair-skinned (NC15) so I can't say whether this leaves a white cast on the face, but it appears to be transparent and melts into the skin without leaving any noticeable powdery finish.

The packaging is a simple and sleek matte gray-black plastic with a generous mirror in the lid. I love carrying this around with me for touch-ups. It's discreet and helps keeps my skin shine free and my makeup from caking up. I love this so much and I hope they never discontinue it because I will repurchase this over and over.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 2:44:00 PM More reviews by joanaBananaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product. im happily impressed and surprised with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2013 12:33:00 AM More reviews by Malidragon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've had oily skin since for 30 years. This is hands down the best powder I've ever bought. I apply ulta double duty foundation and then apply neutrogena powder with a brush once I shine up and I'm good for rest of the day. If i apply it first thung n morningthen i usually reapply once during the day. I'm so glad I bought this on a whim and for $12 it's such a great deal. Use a brush for best application or the oil on the pad will gunk it up.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2013 12:56:00 AM More reviews by Makeupbymoani

I'm a very oil mess and NOTHING helps me... But this. I am extremely surprised and impressed love this shit will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2013 12:33:00 AM More reviews by Michelebell

This is a really great product. It really does get rid of shine but it doesnt look white or powdery at all. It works best with a makeup brush apposed to the little puff thing it comes with. I use this in combination with my Aveeno tinted moisturizer and its the perfect duo. This is the one of few makeup items that i cant live without!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2013 2:17:00 PM More reviews by buidianaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

All I can say is HG, HG, HG!! I love this product. I can't say enough good things about it. I have oily skin and find that most powders don't last on me and I get oily by the end of the day. However when I use this powder, just applying to where I get very oily, I stay matte the whole day. You only need a little bit and it can last you for quite a long time! I've had mine for about 6 months and I haven't hit pan yet even though I use it everyday. I would recommend this to anyone with oily skin. Holy grail.