October 22, 2014 | 1815 users online

Lipstick - Chantecaille - Lipstick

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2005 4:07:00 AM More reviews by tomsgirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Standing at the counter, testing the Frangipane perfume and waiting for the SA, I glanced over to see a lipstick in the color I always try to get right - a pale brown, with a touch of pink that isn't too beigey. I tried it. It is the best color and the best lipstick I have tried to date (color - Flax). This is hydrating (not matte and not glossy), it has no smell or taste at all (love this) and it remained in tact for a few hours. So very happy with this. Also tried a liner - called Tone - which is a wonderful nude - not too brown, not too pink. Outstanding.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2004 12:36:00 PM More reviews by micheledv

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just bought Angelica and thought I had lost my mind for spending so much on a lipstick. But, oh, how lovely it is. Great creamy texture, no awful taste or smell , a BIG PLUS from me for that, and the color stays.

The best lipstick I've ever worn. Plan to buy another. I'd rather have two of hers than four of any other brand.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2004 3:57:00 AM More reviews by annelau

Oh! There are may shades available and what I appreciate is the shades showing is the same I could see on my lips! In addition, it is non-drying. I have pretty dry lips since I stay in air-con rooms all the time but it does not make the lines show up. Very lovely.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2004 9:26:00 AM More reviews by tinkybell

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The colors are fantast. The product stays on really well. My only complaint is that the top of the lipstick falls off in my purse.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2004 10:40:00 PM More reviews by zoltan1

Very good lipstick quality, however the color selection is problematic -- quite bright. The pkg is adequate, but for the price, it isn't super. Altho i like the feel & spread of the lipstick, for a quality lippie & can use I will buy Guerlain's Divinora lipsticks in the future (I always go back...)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2004 6:42:00 PM More reviews by ylang

Chantecaille lipstick blows Chanel off the map! I have never, ever used such a perfect lipstick- goes on like velvet, is very dense in pigment, smells faintly of jasmine, and stays and stays. I bought this in "Tulipe", a shockingly bright red, and adore it. Lipstick does not get better than this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2004 10:25:00 AM More reviews by FallBaby

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

If you're looking for a great lipstick, I strongly urge you to try Chantecaille. Chantecaille lipstick is the best I have used, ever. It's not heavily perfumed (a big plus for me), it has a great, creamy texture, goes on true-to-color and it lasts. I've been impressed with the entire Chantecaille line, but their lipsticks really stand out. They're expensive, but they're worth it. My only complaint is that Chantecaille is a very difficult brand to find if you don't live in a major metropolitan area--it's usually carried at Neiman Marcus and exclusive cosmetic boutiques. Online it's available on the NM Web site.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2003 1:46:00 AM More reviews by nycgal

I just bought Nymphea (soft creamy-pink) and Amande (neutral pinky-beige) and LOVE the texture, colors and how well they moisturize and keep my lips soft. Can't wait to buy more.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2003 10:47:00 AM More reviews by supercat12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My fave department store lipstick. I have Galaxy, a deep, bright pink. I've never worn a color like this, but the MA talked me into it, and I'm so glad! It feels great on - very lightweight, not waxy or drying, and it lasts all day (even if some of the lipstick wears off, my lips stay tinted somehow). I love the case, but I wish Chantecaille would do away with all the little carrying bags that their products come in and knock a dollar or 2 off the price instead.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2003 1:54:00 AM More reviews by SunnyK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Chantecaille's lip products are so amazing. I have Cranberry (red) and also Framboise. Framboise is not a raspberry color, but rather more like a raspberry sherbet color. When the MA pulled this one out, I was skeptical, but when I tried it on, I was amazed. This is a beautiful color for day time. I guess it's what's called "YLBB", because it's very close to my natural coloring, but just this little extra bit to bring out flattering tones, if that makes any sense. I could never wear light-colored lipsticks before this one. I usually wear my Chantecaille l/s with a gloss (see review). E.g., Framboise is wonderful with Cristal. These lipsticks have a wonderful smooth texture. They never ever bleed and never dry out my lips.