Revlon ColorStay Makeup (24 hour formula)

3.1

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water), Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Tribehenin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Bisabolol, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Alcohol Denat., Alumina, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Methicone, Laureth-7, Magnesium Sulfate, Silica, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylene Brassylate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, PEG-12 Glyceryl Dimyristate, Salicylic Acid, Silk Powder, Sodium Citrate, Dipropylene Glycol, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Serica (Silk), Tetrasodium EDTA, Hexylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

on 3/19/2015 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

My HG! I always come back to colorstay

on 3/19/2015 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Let me start off by saying that this foundation is one of the very few I've found that is light enough to match my skin tone and I'm grateful for that. However, I purchased the formula for normal/dry skin and for something that specifically indicates that it's for dry skin, I'm very disappointed with it.

It looks great after I apply it, but after just a couple of hours it cakes up on my skin, sticking to every little blemish and dry patch. It provides very little coverage to the acne scars on my cheeks, even when I use it with a concealer. By the end of the day (usually 7 hours of wear), it looks patchy, dried out, and horrible.

I know a lot of other people love this foundation, but it definitely did not work out for me.

Bought this foundation awhile ago and then lost it and then found it! I'm extremely pale and have never found a shade that isn't too dark for me. To give you some reference points, I've tried the lightest shade in every drugstore brands, the lightest shade of Makeup Forever and the Vanilla shade of Hourglass Immaculate- They're all too light! This foundation looks pretty dark and orange/yellowish when I put a swatch on my wrist or hand but it's the perfect shade when I put it on my face. Works a lot better for oil control than any of the expensive foundations I've tried (keep in mind, I use the professional on my nose and forehead and MUFE green primer for the rest of my face and finish with MUFE powder). A lot of people talk about it oxidizing but I don't really notice that too much. The only real problem I have with this foundation is it's SO paint-like. When I'm in the shower and wipe my face, it's like my hands are covered in chalk... It's also a huge pain to get out of my brushes! But I'd repurchase just because the colour's so great!

on 3/18/2015 8:43:00 PM

I absolutely dislike this foundation. I saw many YOUTUBE beauty gurus raving about it being a dupe to MAC foundations. The colour matched my skin perfectly once applying. It was slightly matte, and covered pretty well. But it did NOTHING good for my oily skin! It oxidized within 20 minutes of wearing, it looked orange and began to look cakey and settle into the fine lines around my eyes. It emphasized my large pores and made me look OLD. It wore off within 3 hours of wearing. For 16$ CAD, I will NOT be purchasing again. The packaging? Terrible. The quality? Terrible. Price? Terrible. You're better off wasting your money on something actually worth buying!

on 3/17/2015 10:10:00 PM

I love this. It covers beautifully, and leaves my face slightly matte without a pressed powder. I bought this for $11 at my local Walmart, and that's a decent price for a drugstore foundation. I wish it would have included a pump, as I feel I waste product by just pouring it out. Overall, I love the coverage and the color may be a TINY bit too dark, but I add a lighter pressed powder and love the outcome of this.

on 3/17/2015 4:38:00 PM

This (Combo/Oily skin formula) is my current foundation and it works very well for me. I have used and liked Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse, Dream Smooth Mousse, and Dream Liquid Foundation, FIT Me liquid foundation, Loreal True Match Liquid & True Match Compact Foundation in the past, and have tried plenty of other foundations, and the Revlon Colorstay is definitely my favorite in every aspect.

This foundation provides great coverage, which is perfect for covering my acne and scars. It remains flawless on my cheeks all day, but does wear off a bit in my T-Zone because I have extremely oily skin. It also tends to settle and cake a bit on the sides of my nose, which is unfortunate. It doesn't melt completely off and turn me into an oil slick like many other foundations do, however.

I apply it in a stippling motion with a beauty blender and it feels like I'm just erasing all of my flaws and red marks! I LOVE the coverage from this foundation so much. I use a primer beforehand and a translucent setting powder on top. I'm still experimenting with these products to see which ones can help my oil problem, because I really don't want to try different foundations (I love Colorstay's coverage so much).

Despite it not being able to control my extremely oily t-zone, Revlon Colorstay is a great foundation with the best coverage of any drugstore foundation I've tried.

on 3/15/2015 5:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I reeeeaaalllyyy dislike this foundation. I've tried it several times, tried different colors. Nope. Just when I think my makeup looks alright, I leave the house and see my reflection in natural lighting and... No. It's so cakey looking and just bad. It just sits on my skin and looks horrible. My skin is not even bad. I definitely would not recommend this to somebody.

on 3/15/2015 4:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

the packaging literally is the worst part about this product. it makes everything so inconvenient and it frustrates me every single time I try to apply the product to my face. The foundation itself is perfectly fine and it really does stay on your face for a long time however it does dry my skin out a bit.

on 3/10/2015 7:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I love this foundation and keep coming back to it. I bought it in combo/oily in the shade ivory. This is one of the only negatives though, the color is just not light enough for me and can go quite pink throughout the day. As a pale person however I've learnt to just deal with it. The formula is quite thick and you can sometimes feel it on the skin but I usually make sure I only put it on lightly. The finish is wonderful, and one of my favorite things about this foundation. It is matte with a slight glow as they day goes on and gives the appearance of flawless doll like skin. I have quite an oily T-zone and live in Australia where it is extremely humid and hot but it stays looking quite fresh all day with the exception of blotting paper and a quick pat of powder on days that are particularly warm. Whilst it doesn't stay perfect for 24 hours, it comes pretty close. I have worn this to parties, crashed overnight and woken up to find it still looking alright. For me, this foundation doesn't come off until I take it off, another amazing quality, especially as someone with long school days. The price is pretty reasonable, perhaps a tad pricey for a drug store foundation but I definitely think it’s worth it.
Overall this is probably my favorite foundation and I have been happily using it for years. I just wish it came in a lighter color but you can’t have everything I guess.

on 3/7/2015 3:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

this foundation wasn't bad but not the best I would repurchase it though because it didnt break me out and it did control shine the lasting power is what killed it I wasn't expecting it to last 24 hours but didn't last like I wanted it to