September 21, 2014 | 2063 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup (24 hour formula - 2012/2013)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/2/2014 2:12:00 AM More reviews by Jillshea

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product thinking it would be my HG foundation just like it is with most youtubers. I've seen so many people rave about it but it just doesn't do as good as I thought it would. I had such high hopes but it was a disappointment): it was not long lasting & feel like it clung to my dry patches!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2014 10:07:00 PM More reviews by Peridotprincess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my go to foundation and one of my favorites for long wear and good coverage. I use Fresh Beige since it seems to be the one that matches my skin tone the best and (for me) doesn't change color a few hours later. It last for hours, through busy days and covers really well. I have oily/combo skin and use that formula and it does a great job. You do have to apply it sorta fast though cause sometimes it starts to kinda dry a little when you start to apply it. My only issue is that the container is not easy to get the product out of... :) Other than that it's some great stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 12:53:00 PM More reviews by sandrag

I really like the new formula better than the last. The last one seemed to clog my pores but this one does not. Not sure what is different but I am really liking this foundation now.
Just wish it had a pump or there was one available for purchase. I could not wear the old formula on a daily basis and did not know it had changed till I bought a new bottle, fell asleep in it with no skin issues. This texture seems thicker which is fine with me. I am glad the formula has been changed. It agrees with my combo/ sometimes oily/ sometimes dry skin.
Great foundation at a great price.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/13/2014 12:50:00 AM More reviews by Krystal410

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just to start off, this is NOT good product and do not waste your money on this. This will oxidize on you after a few wears and it does NOT have a pump which will contaminate the foundation and make it even oilier then it already is. It clogged my pores and I like matte foundations, it is matte at first but the oil from my face seeps through after a couple hours. It will stay on your face, but whenever i had to scratch my nose, it rubbed off automatically. Also, it had a weird smell. I have very acne prone skin and it's extremely oily. if you're like me, don't get this. And $10 for this is way over priced.

I didn't give this a 1 though because it does give me full coverage and it's very easy to apply.
con of it's coverage, it's very heavy on my forehead.

This is more a foundation for dry skin and people who don't really break out often.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2014 11:35:00 PM More reviews by unoeme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

A close dupe for MAC pro longwear! In fact, i feel this is better than MAC. It's long-lasting, not too thick or cakey, cheaper, great for oily skin and best of all it comes in the perfect shade for me. Im in between NC25 and NC30 and using warm golden in Revlon Colourstay. And unlike MAc prolongwear, it doesnt dry up very quickly. Easy to blend-in with a damp sponge. Im buying more!

Update: OK, i take back my words. It's definitely not better than mac prolongwear so i took out 1 lippie. While it's still good for everyday use, my t-zone gets really oily by 2pm.. 5 hours max till i start looking greasy.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2014 10:30:00 PM More reviews by cheesedippable

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The coverage of this is excellent, but it feels super heavy on my skin. I find that I get the best natural effect and less heavy feeling with a damp beauty sponge. It does last quite long on my oily skin, but I will not repurchase it again simply because it feels too heavy and unnatural on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2014 4:02:00 PM More reviews by Anielovi

I've been using this for years, it's a real signature item. I'm not sure what they did different but I feel like this formula is much heavier, great for full coverage. If you have never tried foundation before, you should give it a try. It feel like you are wearing nothing and applies fairly easily. It does dry fast, and smells funny, but nothing to worry about. This is also good for sensitive skin, as I have. It covers redness and it doesn't make me break out. Also, it can be used on its own without primer or concealer, I find that this does the work well. It has the right finish between matte and dewy. Just make sure you moisturize first!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2014 8:36:00 PM More reviews by domlam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm Chinese with yellow undertones and combo skin, oily on the nose and chin. My closest match is NC20, although I never used MAC for long because it always appeared either orange or ashy on me regardless of formula. I've returned so many products that I eventually gave up. Light colours of other brands tend to be pinkish and I don't want to pay the price of Bobbie Brown. Since then, I've kept my routine simple with just concealer and mineral foundations that I mix myself to get the right tone and shade. However, with age, I'm beginning to see the dreaded uneven colours on my face, with the area around my mouth and chin being the darkest. So I've decided to try something heavier duty that still looked natural and picked the combo formula of Revlon Colorstay 24 Hrs after reading numerous reviews. The cheapest regular price is $14.95 at Walmart and some Superstores in Canada. Shoppers is $19.95.

On Colour Selection:
I started with Buff which appeared to be a perfect match to the colour of my neck under sunlight. However, interestingly, under indecasent lighting, my face became a shade lighter than the neck with a grayish cast. So I went and got Sand Beige, the next one up in shade. When I swatched and blended both on my arm, Buff came out with a very slight pinkish hue although it looks very yellow before blending. Sand Beige came out peachy and darker. Given Buff is too light under certain lighting but in the right tone and Sand Beige is darker but in the wrong tone, I decided to blend the two. I did not mix them before application because that means applying the same shade to uneven colours. What I did instead was apply a layer of Sand Beige all over first and then dabbed Buff lightly over patches that needed colour correction but still allowing Sand Beige to come through. I then applied concealer where needed like I usually do, then set with a dusting of translucent mineral powder and a light spritz of spring water. That seems to be working well and the products do not oxidize on my face, although I do need to test things more under different conditions.
One thing I have noticed in the store, aside from the same shades being lighter in the combo/oily formula when compared to the dry/normal formula, the overall undertone is yellower in the combo/oily formula as well.

On Application:
I agree with many reviewers here and on other sites that the results you get depend heavily on the way the product is applied. I started with my fingers, the same way I would blend my concealer, but noticed fine streaks that are left by my fingerprints, whether I spread or dabbed the foundation. I have a flat top kabuki brush and decided to use it for stippling like other reviewers have suggested. The results are very good and you can't tell there is foundation on my skin. To avoid the brush soaking up too much product, I would spread the foundation as evenly as I can with my fingers and then stipple away before it sets. The key is to work with very thin layers and small areas. Do not plop on a lot of product and try to do the entire face in one shot. That guarantees product pooling in pores and lines.
One thing I'm still playing around with is how I prep my face. I use a SPF30 moisturizer which seems to alter the colour a bit and the silicone-happy primer seems to make the foundation slide after a few hours. So I need to test what and how much to put on under the foundation.
I'm also interested in trying a damp sponge after reading so much about Beautyblender but I really cannot justify spending upwards of $20 for one sponge. So I searched online and came across a new product from Real Techniques (Miracle Complexion Sponge) that just became available in Canada. There are quite a number of reviews in the US and the UK saying this is the first great dupe for Beautyblender, either matching or surpassing with a slightly different shape (one side of the egg is flat with sharp edges) and quality material. At $9.99 a piece (it's $5.99 in the US, sigh....), it's worth a try. I just ordered one online with free shipping, will see how that one goes.

Didn't mean for the review to be this long, thanks for reading. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2014 1:04:00 PM More reviews by holaitsstephxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I really like this foundation! It gives medium to full coverage (depending how much you put on) and there is a huge colour range (I use the second lightest shade, Buff.) I'm a teenager with acne and I am currently taking medicine for it but I wanted a foundation that would cover up most of my acne and make me feel better about my skin. This foundation gives a really good amount of coverage - it covers up all blemishes and redness but not all spots, but I'm still happy with it as my skin looks better. I usually go straight to using the palest colour of foundation as I am quite pale, but because it is nearly summer I tried out the shade 'Buff' and it is a really good match and gives a healthy colour to my face. This foundation doesn't really have a smell to it, which I guess is fine. I have to mention that this foundation does last, on me, at least 5 or 6 hours which is great. It does claim to last 24 hours which is not true, but 5 or 6 hours I think is still pretty good, especially since I have oily skin! One thing I really really hate about this product though (Revlon, if you are reading please take this on board) is the packaging. I'm used to using a foundation with a pump, and this foundation doesn't have one. What I did is I washed out a pump from my old foundation and used that (it doesn't screw on but it still works) because I'm quite clumsy and I know I would waste product if I attempted to pour it everyday. I wouldn't even mind if I had to pay a couple of pounds more if this foundation had a pump on it, as it would be so much more convenient. Anyway, although I hate the packaging, the product itself I think is great and is at least worth a try. If you want a lot of coverage then I recommend trying this foundation :)

rated 1 of 5 on 5/21/2014 12:51:00 PM More reviews by gracyyylala

Well...... I HATE this foundation. I do not understand why or how so many YouTubers rave about it because I personally think this is the worse drugstore foundation I have ever tried.

Pros:
None

Cons:
Horrible color selection
Bad coverage
Feels heavy
Looks cakey
Smells weird

I have tried applying this foundation in every way known to mankind but no matter how hard I try it just doesn't work for me. I recommend Maybelline Instant Age Rewind instead if this foundation doesn't work for you either.