February 27, 2015 | 1081 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup (24 hour formula)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2015 4:59:00 AM More reviews by annisas99

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm honestly on the fence on whether I should repurchase. It lasts long especially considering the conditions I work in. Dat reformulation tho. I used to use this a couple years back and it lasts all day through sweat and oil and heat. This new one however not so much. However, the coverage is still absolutely amazing and I love the matte finish. Great for a drugstore foundation. Wish it would come with a pump though.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2015 11:17:00 PM More reviews by ivorypearles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Good coverage, great lasting power, i like the way it oxidizes and i use cappuccino and it oxidize to a natural finish. The only the I HATEEEEEEEEEE is the packaging like seriously. So much product is wasted it pisses me off bc its kinda exp. for a drugstore brand. But anyways great product and greatt for oily skin! It has parabens tho..but if you dont its actually kinda perfect 💕✨

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2015 12:44:00 AM More reviews by LurkingBeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I really hated this when I first bought it. It looked horrible on me, cakey and the coverage was not full coverage but now for some reason it's working for me. I'm not sure why it's working so well for me now but it is and it's covering all my flaws too which wasn't the case when I first bought it. Maybe it has to do with the season change?
I bought the cover Buff which turned out to be a perfect match for me. I'm anywhere between NC10-15 with a mix of yellow and pink but yellow or olive based foundations look best on me. I did Google images so I could get a good determination of which color would be a perfect match. If you want to see how well a color truly looks on you, go out to your car on a sunny day and look at your reflection in the mirror in your car, you will truly see if a color is a great match for your skin or not--but--if you have issues of redness caused by issues of redness such as rosacea, I highly recommend thinking about matching your foundation color to your neck.
I do think the claim of 24 hour wear is a bunch of malarkey though. This stuff has broken down on me quick. I have combination skin that tends to get oily during the spring and summer but right now my skin is behaving and I did just get a chemical peel done so my skin is somewhat dry right now.
The reason I bought this was because I was getting tired of mineral foundation. Getting tired of waiting for it to "warm up" to my skin, to meld with my natural oils, having a greasy meltdown and trying every darn thing to get it to work and nothing worked to be honest. I had actually said goodbye to liquid foundations years ago because of my quest to look more natural and start leading a more natural lifestyle but now I'm past that stupid stage and saying screw it! Dammit, I want to look good! So I broke down, did reviews on DS foundations and bought this...and hated it, was going to throw it away or give it away but now I love it. I use my RT brush to apply it and it gives me wonderful coverage. No complaints on this looking cakey and I can build up the coverage in areas I need it. Dries quick. Yes, it does smell like paint but it's not too strong of an odor to me and I'm actually really sensitive to scents. I'm hoping this doesn't end up misbehaving once it gets warmer out because I'm loving how this looks on me, finally. I think I did break out slightly with this at first but now my skin has acclimated to this so no more breakouts. I don't get very shiny with this either.
OMG, and as I'm typing this I realized I don't get that weird greasy residue on my sunglasses when I take them off or on my cellphone. Y'all know for sure what I'm talking about, right? I just realized this as I'm thinking of all the positives about this.
If you're trying to find your color match, I highly recommend Googling colors of this to get a good estimation of which colors would look good on you. My first purchase of this was the correct color all because of me looking at swatches. No complaints on this not having a pump either, I don't mind putting some on the back of my hand and dotting on my face and then blending. No heavy feeling, surprisingly. Overall a good foundation for a drugstore find. I doubt i will look for anything else. Switching back to liquid foundation has been wonderful for my morning routine. It's so much quicker than mineral foundation!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2014 6:09:00 PM More reviews by aliengrrrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm looking through the reviews and I'm glad it wasn't just me who thought this product was a bit upsetting. Sure, it lasts 24 hours and it's hard to remove, but it doesn't loo good those 24 hours. It looks good for about 10 minutes after applying, then it looks very cake and sets into pores and it seems to almost "slide" off even the smallest imperfections on my face. For the longest time I'd thought it was just my skin that made this foundation look horrible, but I realize now it's the product itself. It seems that no matter how much powder I cake onto my face, it still feels tacky and wet. I don't even use much foundation either! I'd only recommend this to someone if they have very flawless skin with no imperfections and small pores.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2014 2:31:00 AM More reviews by puppysofia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Good coverage, light weight, but my only complaint is that even though there's many shades, it's impossible to find my perfect match, I have Olive skin and all the colors have pink undertones, so none if them really fit me well! :/

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2014 6:47:00 AM More reviews by Monica210

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I finally found a foundation that suits my skin tone. I use shade Buff that's exactly the same colour as my skin. I just can't do full coverage, because I do tend to look a little pale, but it's nothing a blush and a bronzer can't fix.

But it wasn't the colour of this foundation that made me fall in love with it, but the fact that it's perfect for my extremely oily skin. I always looked shiny after 2 hours, but with this foundation I can go all day with looking just a little shiny. It doesn't run off and usually just takes a little bit of powder to make it look great again.

It also doesn't make my skin break out, in four months of using it, my skin still looks the same. I used to be very acne prone, so I was afraid of how this foundation might make my skin, but no new acnes at all. I have had blackheads all my life and different creams are changing that, but at least this foundation is not making it worse.

It is really hard to get this foundation off, I do it with essence piling gel and I have to use tonic to really get all the product off.

The packaging really isn't the best, but it doesn't bother me at all. I just always shake the bottle really hard before use and the foundation comes at the top of the bottle, and I can just dip my finger into the foundation or I use concealer brush for that. It bothers me more that I can't see clearly how much of the product is left in the bottle.

I would definitely recommend this product to all those girls with oily skin and for those who have cool (pink) skin undertone and find other foundations too orange for them.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2014 12:06:00 PM More reviews by Oline

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

HG product!!!
I live in Denmark, Europe so i can only get this foundation online. I bought 2, sand beige and buff. Buff is perfect for me in the winter, where sand beige is perfect for me when i've gotten a little sun. But if i get very tan in the summer, it might be too pale..

Anyways.. I'm moving to florida in summer 2015, so my family and i travelled to florida and i bought another sand beige. It was wierd because the other foundations i bought online were thicker. Well, it worked the same. ITS AMAZING. I buff it in with a buffing brush, and it gives such a good coverage. I've had friends and even strangers comment on my skin.
I have quite oily skin in the summers, so this foundation is the one that has kept me matte for the longest amount of time.

I have a pretty busy schedule. I wake up at about 6 am, school is at 8 am. Its ends at about 2 or 3 pm, and then at certain days i have soccer practice at 6.30pm to 8pm, AND IT LASTS. I do have to blot away the oil and reapply powder, but seriously it works wonders. I use the smashbox photo finish primer underneath and the mac skin refined zone plus some UD deslick, and i think that they definitly add a few more hours.

The minus about the foundation is, that its kinda hard to get off your face. I remember one time where i didnt have my usual make up cleanser, so i guess it didnt take the foundation completly offfff... And there i was. Acne in my entire face. - i've never had acne before, only minor hormonel breakouts with a couple of zits here and there. And i got that 3 days before school started.. great.

But my mom (the hero in my life hahh) hurried to the pharmacy, and bought the clindoxyl and something called avene cleanance gel AND IT SAVED ME. I already use a heavy makeup cleanser, but this cleanser removes the dirt and makeup that your makeup cleanser cant remove and cleanse every single pore and ahhh my face feels so fresh after (it does dry out your skin though, so its best for those who have oily or combo skin)

So if you buy this product, your skin will look:
Fantastic
like kim k's makeup artist swooped in and did your foundation
natural (unless you pour like 3 liters on your face, umm)

be aware of:
the results if you dont remove it... you will not look cute

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2014 12:48:00 AM More reviews by WinnieBooBear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation is advertised as "lightweight, it won't cake or rub off". It got one out of three right. I tried this foundation using the oily/combo and normal versions and I hated it. I wanted to love it, I really did, so I tried exfoliating, using different primers and moisturizers. I tried using it with my beauty blender, a stippling brush, my Ecotools brush for BB very thick BB creams and always got the same results. It sank into my pores and wouldn't dry yet somehow still managed to look as though I had caked on an entire bottle along with drywall dust as a setting powder. The only thing it did as advertised was that it didn't budge, even when I washed my face. I had to use a makeup remover wipe, then Cetaphl and an exfoliant just to get the damned stuff off of me! I just cannot see using a foundation that requires so much extra effort. The packaging is horrible, it doesn't have a pump and with the consistency of the formula that would be a more sanitary and conducive design. I cannot express just how much I hate this product. I can get other lighter foundations to "stay put" all day by using a good quality setting spray.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/13/2014 1:35:00 PM More reviews by SianLouise

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This used to be my all time favourite foundation, always buying the dry/normal skin. It used to give a flawless finish, drying quickly and cover everything whilst lasting all day. Although Revlon have either changed an ingredient or the formula altogether, as none of this applies any more. I now go into my local boots and see this foundation and half of the foundation has separated in the pots, the last time I bought this foundation, it took forever to dry, looked cakey on the good parts of my skin and barely even covered the imperfections, please don't waste your money as it is expensive anyway!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/13/2014 8:05:00 AM More reviews by mbdiana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried the normal/ dry skin version a couple of times. My skin is not extremely dry but still I always got that flaky feeling after an hour or so. At first, it looked pretty blendable but it shortly started to feel uncomfortable ("burning" feeling). I guess there are a lot of chemicals in this foundation that may not be suitable for the sensible skin type. I would say it has a medium to low coverage. It will unlikely be compatible with dry skin. It made my skin drier (even with an encouraging moisture dose) and you could clearly notice that... As for the packaging, there is nothing to help you to take the foundation out of the bottle and nothing to help applying it. Finally, there are a lot of nice tones available. I have fair skin and 220 Natural beige was adequade.