Revlon ColorStay Makeup (24 hour formula)

3.1

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water), Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Tribehenin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Bisabolol, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Alcohol Denat., Alumina, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Methicone, Laureth-7, Magnesium Sulfate, Silica, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylene Brassylate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, PEG-12 Glyceryl Dimyristate, Salicylic Acid, Silk Powder, Sodium Citrate, Dipropylene Glycol, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Serica (Silk), Tetrasodium EDTA, Hexylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I actually really enjoy this foundation. I have the one for combination/ oily skin. I remember using this a couple years ago before they reformulated it to "24 hours" back when it said "soft flex" and had spf in it. that version would settle into my pores apon application, this version however does not do that! I also love the staying power of this, definitely not 24 hours of wear, but definitely a good 8+ hours on my super oily skin. when the oil started to break through, this liquid did not budge at all! very impressed with this new version of colorstay!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

An oldie but a goodie. I recently rediscovered this beauty as a result of constant frustrations with other foundations that just weren't working for me. I used to be a committed Estee Lauder Double Wear user but somewhere along the way, my skin changed and so did their formula… one or the other, either way it no longer works for me and makes me look old and cakey.

The Revlon colourstay range for me has a much better colour match compared to something like Mac. I’m an NC25 in mac but it never looks 100%, where as Revlon colourstay in fresh beige, 250, is a much better fit.

Revlon Colourstay for oily/combination 250 fresh beige

Pro:
- Easy to blend
- Good colour range for neutral skin
- Good staying power
- Good coverage
- Well priced

Con:
- Can look cakey if too much is applied
- Can look flat without illuminating blush or highlight
- Occasional flashback in photographs depending on type of camera
- Cheap plastic lid

For the price this is a really great foundation and for me trumps the current estee lauder double wear formula.

on 6/25/2015 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a miss for me. This foundation is really really cakey for me, it looks like a mask as soon as I put it on. It doesn't look natural at all. I tried with a brush, with a sponge, with my fingers, etc..... but it doesn't work for me. Also, as soon as I blow my nose, it gets on the tissue and my nose is left with foundation spots on it. I'm really not a fan. If you are looking for heavy coverage, this might be perfect for you, but I'm looking more for a skin finish!

on 6/19/2015 2:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I heard rave reviews about this foundation so I wanted to try it out. I've tried a lot of different foundations because my skin is a really true olive and most companies I've tried haven't matched my skin tone perfectly. I have the foundation in Sand Beige, which is a good neutral colour. It's for lighter skin tones since it shows up quite pale on my skin when I have a tan.

I've tried a lot of different ways to apply this foundation and it's still pretty cakey and generally looks unnatural. I haven't been able to sheer it out even when I'm using damp sponges, brushes or my fingers. I'm not convinced that this product is one that I'll ever love or even like. It's also got a strong smell that fades once applied, but as the day went on, I realized that I could actually smell the foundation while I was out. It's not a smell that I like, so that was bothering.

I agree with other reviewers that it broke me out around my chin. For that reason, I'll stop using the foundation to see if my skin clears up. If it does, then the foundation is the reason that I've got so many breakouts around the lower part of my face. It made my skin worse. Yikes.

The packaging is terrible and it was difficult to find a pump that fit the bottle. I use the pump from my Boscia cleansing oil since it was used up and it fit the bottle decently. I hate the packaging and wouldn't repurchase just because it's such a pain to get the same amount out every time.

I didn't find any good matches to my skin tone and I'm not impressed with the formulation. It seems like a lot of people liked the old formulation and I wish I could try that one. It's got a pretty hefty price since I've had foundations cheaper than this one that worked better. I've also had foundations that were a bit more expensive and those were much better. I'd recommend saving your money for a foundation that is more versatile, or one that is cheaper and has better formulation. Overall, I won't repurchase because it doesn't do anything that would merit the price.

on 6/18/2015 2:32:00 PM

Firstly, it's great to finally find a foundation that matches my skin - I'm extremely pale and have to mix Manic Panics white foundation into other foundations just so it's wearable. So I rate it 5/5 for colour range. However, that seems to be the only truly rewarding thing about this foundation. I've applied it with my fingers, with a brush and with a sponge and although it applies nicely with the sponge, due to the consistency of the foundation, I have to use A LOT. It manages to even out the skin tone perfectly despite it being a light coverage foundation at best. It is a great foundation to put powder over but I'd have liked to not have heavy make up on every single day. It's a little bit too expensive considering how little coverage it actually offers. It doesn't come with a pump, just a lid you screw on and off which is irritating to pour out onto the back of my hand every morning. Avoid putting anywhere near your eye lids as it creases and is incredibly greasy around that area. It does last an awful long time, I'll credit it that but more often or than not I can't help but assume it's because of the powder, rather than the actu foundation. I'd buy it again purely because of the skin matching and only if it was a 3 for 2 offer on and I couldn't think of anything else to buy. Not the worst foundation but far, far from the best.

on 6/16/2015 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

This 24 hour formula is nowhere near the original foundation. It did not cover redness and made me break out around my jawline/ chin. It does have great staying power, but I did not find any coverage and oil peaked through after a few hours. Would not recommend for those who are acne prone.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I wear 240 medium beige for combination/oily skin. HOLY GRAIL item. Full coverage.

on 6/1/2015 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This was way too cakey and mask-like for me. It did last 24 hours though, which I guess is good, but I couldn't barely get it off, I really had to scrub at it. Maybe that's the price you pay for it lasting 24 hours but it's not worth it for me.

on 6/1/2015 10:49:00 PM

I've always had difficulty with foundations and bb creams because I can't find the right shade matches. The last foundations I tried using (Maybelline FitMe and Covergirl TruBlend) either didn't have a shade light enough (FitMe) or was too yellow (TruBlend). Still, I bought TruBlend again because it was the closest I ever got and tried applying it thinly. Still looked way weird.
When I was restocking TruBlend for the second time I walked by Revelon ColorStay and noticed how there were warm, neutral, and cool variations. I took note of it and the next time I ran out, I picked up 110 Ivory.
This is the first time I've ever worn a foundation that looked natural on my skin.
I don't mind the texture/thickness of it unlike other reviewers. I use very little as is when I apply, and it doesn't cover up my wayward freckles, only slightly masks the scar on my cheek (I don't want it completely hidden, but less obvious is good), but completely hides the redness in my face.
The price isn't bad. Yes, it is more expensive than other drug store brands, but it has lasted twice as long for me, is the right shade, and I only have to apply it once a day, so I think the price is worth it.
There are a few drawbacks. The packaging for example isn't exactly travel-friendly, and I travel a lot. I had it tipped on its side in a makeup bag and it spilled all over and I had to throw out the bag. I've found a temporary solution for overnight trips, but I think I have to forego it when I go away for a week.
It also dries quickly, but if you blend it right and fast enough it doesn't cake.
It really is 24 hours. (you really got to scrub and blast your face with water to get it off). It is convenient because it holds up to the sweat from heat.
This is definitely a foundtion I'm going to sticking to for quite a while.

I agree with other reviewers who have stated that you have to blend this foundation very quickly and that it can look cakey. I tried it years ago when it first came out and thought I would try it again, in store, rather than purchase to see if the 'flex' worked and the fact that there was supposed to be an option for drier skin. This foundation does last, however, for me the coverage is just too 'full-on' and mask like. I have tried Rimmel Lasting Finish and even W7 Captain Matt and these foundations, imho, are far better and are cheaper (the W7 one was a great find - goes on smoothly, stays matt without caking). I thought I would give the Revlon foundation one last try, because so many people seem to love it. My advice, as always, would be to try before you buy if possible:)