April 18, 2014 | 1834 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup (24 hour formula - 2012/2013)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by ksasi04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm really surprised at all of the bad reviews!!! I like this foundation a lot, it really reminds me of the YSL touche eclat. The coverage is pretty sheer, which I like. I apply it with a damp beauty blender, and it looks great on. I even did a side-by-side comparison, and it wears rather well for me! AND I have really oily skin, so that's not an easy feat!

I was fortunate enough to find a shade that matched me almost exactly. What I did first was try out the YSL at Sephora to find my shade. From there, I reached for the colorstay in the same shade family, and boom, perfecto. And the price was right, too. I got it for A FRACTION (less than 1/5) of the price of the YSL!

Packaging is underwhelming, just a bottle with a screw top cap. Wish it was a pump! WHY do so few cosmetic companies use pumps!?

So in conclusion, while the YSL is in the running to be my HG foundation, I haven't purchased a full size merely because I am broke at this point O__o But I think Colorstay will do for me for right now.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by beckyshepherd1

I actually love this foundation! Im really pale, like reeeeeaaally pale so I usually can't find foundations light enough :(
but Ivory in the normal/dry skin version is perfect! It was around $20 I think (NZD) but it was totally worth it.
I have been using this nearly everyday and I love it. Its creamy and light and goes on smooth. Looked a little cakey the first time I used it because I hadn't primed and I tried to apply it too thick. Fingers is okay to apply with, but a brush works well too. It looks a little streaky between my eyebrows as that is where I am the most dry, but a little extra primer and careful application helps heaps. It looks natural and you can build it up as much as you like. It does stay on all day as it says, but of course it wont still look flawless. You can always reapply though! Powder sits well on it and is a good base for contouring and highlighting.
Love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2013 10:58:00 AM More reviews by aliciabarbier

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I rarely bother w/ submitting reviews, but had to for this product. one word: AMAZING. I have super oily skin & was having trouble finding a foundation that didn't oxidize. i have fair skin & it was a makeup nightmare to have my face turn several shades darker than my neck a couple of hours later. this foundation stays true. i was using makeup forever matte velvet before the revlon colorstay. it was $40, so it was nice to find a much cheaper foundation that works a hundred times better. (found colorstay foundation at ulta for 11 bucks).
i applied this by buffing into skin using an hourglass foundation brush. it looks pretty natural (even outside) & doesn't feel heavy.
it even stay put all day.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2013 1:07:00 PM More reviews by JmeM33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to wear Revlon Colorstay foundation and I loved it. I wore it for years and then as I got older I wanted something that looked more natural so I strayed while I tried new products. This was always my back-up though, if I was ever in a pinch or just couldn't find a foundation I was happy with I would always came back to this. I tried this again recently and it's just horrible! The color selection now sucks; I wore Golden Beige which now seems to be more pinkish toned than yellow. It just doesn't stay on my skin like it used to, it doesn't cover like it used to, and now it breaks me out!!! I will not re-purchase this again!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2013 3:05:00 PM More reviews by otiliaL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am on my second bottle of this foundation and even though i have mixed feelings about it, i will give it a positive review for many reasons.

So, i loved it because :
- lasts forever on the skin, all day long without the need of touching it with powder.
- matt finish all day long
- did not cause breakouts
- very good coverage
- very easy to apply, melts into the skin right away
- great eye makeup base

I don't like it because:
- it is very difficult to take it off the skin. I spent a lot on makeup removers since i use this foundation, i need to apply makeup remover two or three times on skin and erase it each time with cotton pads in order to get rid of all foundation. This foundation indeed sticks on the skin like a glue..
- it doesn't smell too great. I think it smells like glue or paint.
- it is a bit pricey
- i hate the bottle, I wish it had a pump.
- a bit too much pink..

I also experienced something very weird. My first bottle of Colorstay was Buff and it had a totally different texture than my second bottle which is Sand Beige . Buff was liquid and so much more dry, but Sand Beige is creamy and a bit moisturizer too.. Totally different texture even though both bottles were for combination/ oily skin. Not sure if Revlon changed a bit the product between my two purchases but foundations are indeed totally different from one to another.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 11:28:00 AM More reviews by Poppintags

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was a little scared when i repurchased my colorstay this time, with this new formulation, because I read some very bad reviews.

It's been a month since I use this new foundation and the only change I notice is that it's maybe a little more dry than the other formulation.
Everything else is just as fine as it was; great coverage, last for ages (and this can be a con, because it's not easy to remove, I have to use cleansing wipes + jojoba oil) and good oil control.

The only thing I'm not happy with is that I try a new shade: Nude, because I found a matching with NC25, but this is way too pale-pink for me :(

By the way; I use the combination/oily formula.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2013 6:37:00 PM More reviews by christinaotani

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Overall, it's an alright foundation. My mom used this foundation and absolutely loved it. She told me it was more of a full-coverage foundation, which appealed to me, since I'm young and Asian, so I have acne and my skin scars very easily. I have dark marks all over my face, and would love a foundation that covers my blemishes without the use of a concealer. I tried this foundation, and wasn't very impressed from the beginning. First off, it's not full coverage. It may eliminate some of the redness, but nothing else. Also, while looking even kind of closely at my face, it looked like I had pounds of powder caked onto my face. Not a good look for me. And lastly, it is a MUST to wear a setting spray with this foundation, because otherwise, it will come off. Very easily. If I simply touch my face with a fingertip, I take my finger away and it's covered in foundation. Very disappointing. I will use it until it's gone, as I don't want to just throw it away, since it is still relatively usable, but I will definitely never buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/18/2013 1:05:00 PM More reviews by Epmlassie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought it yesterday and regret the purchase already. I have very dry skin that usually feels taut by lunchtime. Even with the foundation for dry skin, over a double helping of moisturizer and a hydrating primer, my skin felt dry after a few hours. It is definitely more drying than other foundations, and very sheer. More like a tinted moisturizer....except that it didn't moisturize :(

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/18/2013 8:30:00 AM More reviews by Berty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

NOT good for sensitive skin. This has wreaked havoc on my skin, and I have spots all over from it. Really disappointed, as I think it's a great liquid foundation and wish I could use it.

For those who don't have sensitive skin, I highly recommend it. Also fine with the oiliness of my skin. Blends easily when you have right brush (I use a flat-top kabuki). Does oxidise after a while and go a little cakey, but I find that the case with all foundations on my skin anyway, and is definitely longer-lasting than a lot of others. It still looks fine by the end of the day, even if not as flawless as when you first apply it. Have tried a couple of high-end liquid foundations (e.g. Clarins and Estee Lauder), and I find the Revlon better every time. Down side is the heavy glass bottle (pump, please!) and that the choice of colours is very limited.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2013 8:10:00 PM More reviews by EmmaPorter13

This is my second bottle of the product and I kind of have a love hate relationship with it! The first time i bought it I really liked the formula of it but the colour was way too pink on me which was annoying as i couldn't return it. I recently purchased the shade buff 150 which matches perfectly so I was happy to try it out. The first thing I noticed about the newer formulated foundation is that the coverage is not as full, which sucks for me because I have a few scars,breakouts and redness. It covered the redness but I had to use concelear for my spots and scars which I never usually had to do. Other than that I thought in general it looked very nice and natural with my mac mineralise skin finish natural on top to keep it in place ( this usually ALWAYS keeps foundation in place for me.) But when I got home after about 3 hours of wearing the foundation it had completely sunk into my skin! All my fine lines and pores where highlighted. My whole chin area had barely any foundation left on it, which has never happened before with any other product! I am so disappointed with this product as I used to love the formula of it but it would definitely not last 24 hours like it claims !