Revlon ColorStay Makeup (24 hour formula)

3.1

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water), Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Tribehenin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Bisabolol, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Alcohol Denat., Alumina, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Methicone, Laureth-7, Magnesium Sulfate, Silica, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylene Brassylate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, PEG-12 Glyceryl Dimyristate, Salicylic Acid, Silk Powder, Sodium Citrate, Dipropylene Glycol, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Serica (Silk), Tetrasodium EDTA, Hexylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

on 6/6/2015 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have dry skin so I never thought that I would buy this foundation. Morever, I prefer natural & lightweight foundation for daily use. But someday, I'm in my period and I had a really big pimple on my nose. I needed something covering well. So I just bought this one. For a drugstore foundation, I think it's completely OK.

Pros:
+ Medium to high coverage
+ Long-lasting ( I tested it in summer and It does stay for 24h )
+ Does not cause break out
+ Buildable
+ Not cakey
+ Lightweight
+ Suitable for both dry & oily skin ( I bought the oily/combination version )

Cons:
+ Worst packaging ever ( does not have a pump )

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I wear 240 medium beige for combination/oily skin. HOLY GRAIL item. Full coverage.

on 6/1/2015 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This was way too cakey and mask-like for me. It did last 24 hours though, which I guess is good, but I couldn't barely get it off, I really had to scrub at it. Maybe that's the price you pay for it lasting 24 hours but it's not worth it for me.

on 6/1/2015 10:49:00 PM

I've always had difficulty with foundations and bb creams because I can't find the right shade matches. The last foundations I tried using (Maybelline FitMe and Covergirl TruBlend) either didn't have a shade light enough (FitMe) or was too yellow (TruBlend). Still, I bought TruBlend again because it was the closest I ever got and tried applying it thinly. Still looked way weird.
When I was restocking TruBlend for the second time I walked by Revelon ColorStay and noticed how there were warm, neutral, and cool variations. I took note of it and the next time I ran out, I picked up 110 Ivory.
This is the first time I've ever worn a foundation that looked natural on my skin.
I don't mind the texture/thickness of it unlike other reviewers. I use very little as is when I apply, and it doesn't cover up my wayward freckles, only slightly masks the scar on my cheek (I don't want it completely hidden, but less obvious is good), but completely hides the redness in my face.
The price isn't bad. Yes, it is more expensive than other drug store brands, but it has lasted twice as long for me, is the right shade, and I only have to apply it once a day, so I think the price is worth it.
There are a few drawbacks. The packaging for example isn't exactly travel-friendly, and I travel a lot. I had it tipped on its side in a makeup bag and it spilled all over and I had to throw out the bag. I've found a temporary solution for overnight trips, but I think I have to forego it when I go away for a week.
It also dries quickly, but if you blend it right and fast enough it doesn't cake.
It really is 24 hours. (you really got to scrub and blast your face with water to get it off). It is convenient because it holds up to the sweat from heat.
This is definitely a foundtion I'm going to sticking to for quite a while.

I agree with other reviewers who have stated that you have to blend this foundation very quickly and that it can look cakey. I tried it years ago when it first came out and thought I would try it again, in store, rather than purchase to see if the 'flex' worked and the fact that there was supposed to be an option for drier skin. This foundation does last, however, for me the coverage is just too 'full-on' and mask like. I have tried Rimmel Lasting Finish and even W7 Captain Matt and these foundations, imho, are far better and are cheaper (the W7 one was a great find - goes on smoothly, stays matt without caking). I thought I would give the Revlon foundation one last try, because so many people seem to love it. My advice, as always, would be to try before you buy if possible:)

on 5/30/2015 12:13:00 AM

I have been using Estēe Lauder Invisible Fluid Makeup in 1CN1 for about 2 years. I loved that foundation-- light, comfortable, natural. When it came time to refill this time, however, I felt hesitant to spend the $37.00. In addition, I was feeling like it was too light and wore off, and I would prefer a slightly heavier foundation that would at least STAY-- seemed kind of pointless to spend so much on something that doesn't last so well throughout the day. Anywho, these two reasons lead me to the drugstore. I chose Revlon ColorStay because I have heard so much about it, in the shade 200 Nude in the formulation for combination/oily skin. I was honestly scared to wear it to work because everyone says its so heavy. I applied it, post moisturizing, with my Real Techniques expert face brush. I used a conservative amount to be safe and found the coverage to be medium, but my freckles still shown through. It felt light throughout the day, the color was perfect, and it just looked great. Very happy with my purchase!

on 5/27/2015 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is the first and only foundation I've used. I generally hate the feeling of foundation on my face, preferring to spot-conceal, but I needed this for some very formal events I was attending.

Pros:
-Decent shade-matching. I'm NC40, olive-toned, and this is slightly too cool for me, but can be easily corrected with some bronzer
-Coverage - I have some hyperpigmentation, and this covered it all. I don't have any icepick scars or pockmarks, so can't comment on how this foundation would perform with those.
-Blendability - Blends fine with fingers or brushes.

Cons:
My primary complaint is the texture of this foundation. It's a bit sticky, and I find it really difficult to remove. I like using a cream cleanser at night, followed by a toner, and it took an endless amount of wiping, rubbing, and tugging to get all of this off with that method. However, DHC's cleansing oil took it off in one fell swoop.

Despite the removal issue, I would repurchase this if I ever run out.

This is my HG foundation of about 3 years now. Every time I decide to try something new, I buy it, use it once, realize it doesn't compare to colorstay and then I end up never using it again! Revlon colorstay is fantastic! I don't have cystic acne, and usually only get a couple of pimples, but can get pretty bad breakouts around that lovely time of the month. This foundation keeps my skin looking great on good skin days and not so good skin days. This foundation stays in place and has great coverage without looking cakey, and you only need to use a little bit of product. I could rant about this foundation all day. Love it!! The ONLY negative would be the packaging, I really wish there was a pump as some foundation can be wasted when using a bottle. Although I haven't tried wearing this foundation for 24 hours, I work as a nurse and this foundation stays put throughout my shifts! It feels as if you aren't wearing foundation at all.

on 5/17/2015 10:37:00 AM

This is the only drugstore foundation that I semi-like but there are a lot of issues with it. It is pricey for drugstore foundation, and I always use the product up quickly because of the packaging. It is not a full coverage foundation, but you can build on it. It tends to look cakey if you purchased the one for oily skin, but the one for dry skin does not.

Pros-
Buildable coverage

Lasts all day

Cons-
There is no pump so there is a lot of product loss, and application is messy

The product is hard to blend and dries quickly on your skin

It gets darker through out the day.
- I will wear it to work and look in the mirror after I come home and my face looks dirty because the product darkened and settled in a weird way its super gross

Ultimately, the only reason I am rating this product 3 stars, is because compared to other drugstore foundations I have tried, this one is one of the better ones. It still kind of sucks, but it works.

on 5/17/2015 3:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This is a decent cheaper foundation with good overall coverage and finish. Easy to blend, stays on well and doesn't go too patchy. It's not full coverage and it doesn't give you that ~flawless~ effect that higher-end formulas do, and it really benefits from being warmed up in your hands before being applied (which I don't really enjoy doing because of the way it says under my nails afterwards). It is buildable though, affordable, didn't upset my eczema or acne and performed well. This is pretty much the ideal first foundation!