October 21, 2014 | 1802 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup (24 hour formula - 2012/2013)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2014 2:02:00 PM More reviews by combatmedicwife

I really, really like this stuff. My skin tends to be on the oily side, so I use the formula for oily skin. It blends better than the Estee Lauder foundation I bought in the same time frame, and I found myself turning to the ColorStay more often than any other foundation I had. I use the 240 in winter and the 310 in the summer. High-medium coverage. I find myself using this in place of concealer even when I don't want full foundation on as it doesn't settle into and accentuate lines like concealer can.
I got the wrong color the first shot, I gave it another shot and found the PERFECT color for me. I don't think I'll ever stop using this.
Make sure you thoroughly remove, soap and water alone (even with toner after) won't cut it and you'll be sure to break out. MU remover a must.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 11:50:00 AM More reviews by xxch3yxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am constantly trying out different types of foundation for my skin type and this one is pretty high on my success list. I would definitely say I have your typical teenage skin. My acne can get anywhere from mild to somewhat severe in just a few days, which calls for heavy coverage. My skin is also very combination like. Some spots are oily, other parts are dry. This foundation works well with my indecisive skin. It starts as a medium coverage and very easily builds to a full coverage without all the cakiness that most full coverage foundations would have. I typically have a tough time finding my exact shade however I easily found mine in this foundation on my first try. The thickness of the formula is what I would consider 'average'. It's not super runny but not super thick either. It definitely looks its best when applied with your hands rather than with a brush or sponge. However, I wish this foundation had a pump. It's a little pricey for a drugstore foundation but the results are definitely worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2014 4:29:00 AM More reviews by dcalhalabi93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

"Would I buy this again?" ......I answered "Yes" but Im torn between yes and no.

As far as a foundation goes, this was decently priced which is what attracted me to it. I liked the glass bottle which gave it a high end feel and I liked the 24 hour promise because I hate when foundations cake up after only an hour or two.

The coverage of this is really good and it does a great job of evening out my skin tone and, given enough coats, covers blemishes and red spots. Plus there is a lot in the bottle and I found a little goes a long way. I have had mine for months now and it is still going strong.
Basically, this product will do in a pinch and has been my "go-to" foundation.

On the negative side, even though the formula claims it is oil free, I find that this formula is HIGHLY pour clogging. I have not been putting on makeup except when leaving the house and so my skin is usually clear and blemish free. But as SOON as I put on this makeup even once, my pours are clogged and I find blackheads and clogged pours showing up within days or even a couple weeks after. (Yes, it can take up to 2 weeks for something you put on your skin to show up later in blemish form...look it up! ) Even putting dot of makeup in my palm and running it under water you see the water bouncing right off and even with some scrubbing it takes a while to get it off of your fingers. .

Sooo its fine for once in a while use, but if you wear foundation every day or even every couple days I would recommend something a little more healthy and light for your skin, or at least invest is a pretty abrasive exfoliate for your skin afterwards to clear out your pours and break up the mask of makeup. Otherwise, your skin will start hating you and even more so if your skin is prone to blemishes/clogged pours like mine.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2014 10:42:00 AM More reviews by gabrielledx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Finding affordable foundations that are up to the job isn't easy, especially when it comes to finding a suitable shade. Revlon has the best shade range for paler skintones in UK drugstores by a mile. I find that with this foundation I can mix it with other liquid foundations to create other shades and different finishes. Colourstay is easy to work with and you can build it up to your preferred coverage. It works well with different concealers and will last a full day with powder. One of the downfalls of this product would be the packaging. I've had problems with leaking due to the bottle not having a pump. It isn't enough of a problem to stop me from buying the product but can be a nuisance when in a rush. Being a person who is prone to breakouts, I've found that this product causes no problems or breakouts. Be sure to remove all of the foundation as it can be tough to remove when wearing powder. I believe that with dry skin, it is best to moisturise beforehand and apply with fingers in a circular motion or with a buffing brush. For sensitive skin, I would recommend applying in a stippling motion to stop skin irritation. Concealer is best patted on top as sometimes the foundation may become cakey with a heavy concealer underneath.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/2/2014 2:12:00 AM More reviews by Jillshea

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product thinking it would be my HG foundation just like it is with most youtubers. I've seen so many people rave about it but it just doesn't do as good as I thought it would. I had such high hopes but it was a disappointment): it was not long lasting & feel like it clung to my dry patches!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2014 10:07:00 PM More reviews by Peridotprincess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my go to foundation and one of my favorites for long wear and good coverage. I use Fresh Beige since it seems to be the one that matches my skin tone the best and (for me) doesn't change color a few hours later. It last for hours, through busy days and covers really well. I have oily/combo skin and use that formula and it does a great job. You do have to apply it sorta fast though cause sometimes it starts to kinda dry a little when you start to apply it. My only issue is that the container is not easy to get the product out of... :) Other than that it's some great stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 12:53:00 PM More reviews by sandrag

I really like the new formula better than the last. The last one seemed to clog my pores but this one does not. Not sure what is different but I am really liking this foundation now.
Just wish it had a pump or there was one available for purchase. I could not wear the old formula on a daily basis and did not know it had changed till I bought a new bottle, fell asleep in it with no skin issues. This texture seems thicker which is fine with me. I am glad the formula has been changed. It agrees with my combo/ sometimes oily/ sometimes dry skin.
Great foundation at a great price.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/13/2014 12:50:00 AM More reviews by Krystal410

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just to start off, this is NOT good product and do not waste your money on this. This will oxidize on you after a few wears and it does NOT have a pump which will contaminate the foundation and make it even oilier then it already is. It clogged my pores and I like matte foundations, it is matte at first but the oil from my face seeps through after a couple hours. It will stay on your face, but whenever i had to scratch my nose, it rubbed off automatically. Also, it had a weird smell. I have very acne prone skin and it's extremely oily. if you're like me, don't get this. And $10 for this is way over priced.

I didn't give this a 1 though because it does give me full coverage and it's very easy to apply.
con of it's coverage, it's very heavy on my forehead.

This is more a foundation for dry skin and people who don't really break out often.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2014 11:35:00 PM More reviews by unoeme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

A close dupe for MAC pro longwear! In fact, i feel this is better than MAC. It's long-lasting, not too thick or cakey, cheaper, great for oily skin and best of all it comes in the perfect shade for me. Im in between NC25 and NC30 and using warm golden in Revlon Colourstay. And unlike MAc prolongwear, it doesnt dry up very quickly. Easy to blend-in with a damp sponge. Im buying more!

Update: OK, i take back my words. It's definitely not better than mac prolongwear so i took out 1 lippie. While it's still good for everyday use, my t-zone gets really oily by 2pm.. 5 hours max till i start looking greasy.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2014 10:30:00 PM More reviews by cheesedippable

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The coverage of this is excellent, but it feels super heavy on my skin. I find that I get the best natural effect and less heavy feeling with a damp beauty sponge. It does last quite long on my oily skin, but I will not repurchase it again simply because it feels too heavy and unnatural on my skin.