NARS Exhibit A

4.6

on 5/29/2013 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Once again, I am hopelessly in LUV with this blush. I recently reviewed Taj Mahal by NARS and I have to say that I can't pick a favorite between the two! This shade is a very bright reddish orange that is absolutely stunning on medium to dark skin tones. Exhibit A is more bold than Taj Mahal so be careful when applying it because one swipe too many and you are headed for disaster. I recommed applying this with either a stippling brush (MAC187) or a powder brush that is especially intended for applying blush. DO NOT use an angled brush unless you especially want to use this as a contouring shade. I use this on the apples of my cheeks with a light dusting of bronzer and it is so pretty. If you are a novice at wearing makeup, I would not suggest purchasing this color yet. However, you may want to start with something like Wet 'n' Wild shades ($3) to get comfortable with learing how to apply blush before spending $30 on a NARS shade. While NARS is expensive compared to drugstore brands...I will say, again, that you definitely get what you pay for. GREAT investment to add to you collection.
~Adreienne Starr

on 5/23/2013 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Ok, so this blush looks very intimidating in the pan. I almost didn't buy it because I had no desire to look like a clown. BUT this blush really is beautiful. Yes its very pigmented and red but use a light hand and blend! It gives a natural flush that isn't over made up. You could also layer more and you wouls get that pan color! I suggest everyone try it out at least. I know it looks super bright and red but it seriously is a gorgeous color! Try it out!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

The perfect summer blush, in my opinion. This is quite similar to my natural flush (I do turn into a tomato when I blush, unfortunately, and I also go quite pale... it isn't the best look) and applied lightly on the skin- by this I mean a touch-and-tap policy- this has the most beautiful effortless glow. I wear this neutral make-up or a bright lip, a fresh eye, and it just makes you look and feel effortless yet glamorous.
I apply this with a MAC 187, usually reaching for a 168, and I have to admit, that I find almost always find myself buffing it out for that natural finish with my RT Buffing Brush.
Big thumbs-up from my side to this bright-red, sexy, but chilled siren of blush.

on 3/2/2013 10:51:00 AM

i deeply in LOVE with exibit A, i wasn't sure at first because i have a redness cheek problem and i'm very fair nw05-nw10. But then i love NARS product so much so i give a try on it. it was scary red with coral hint (i think it's called terracotta? cmiiw), just need a little slightly 1 swap for me and viola it refresh my face instantly. this is were my favorite number 1 to go blush. the color is last for long time, no need to touch up. also i belive it gonna be last forever unless i broke it lol. yes definnetly gonna buy this when it hit pan.. (well mine still 90% i guess). recomended for all skin tone ;)

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I said yes to purchase again but I highly doubt it as this stuff lasts FOREVER!
I really do lI've this blush, it warns up my face. I live how there is no sparkly flecks so it looks very natural and flushed. It is warm and beautiful on. Don't let the color and pigmentation scare you.

UPDATE - I soooooooooo love this blush. I think it's my favorite from Nars. This morning I wore it with Laguna as a contour....it's just such a great color. It has such a natural healthy flush..just perfect.

on 2/3/2013 9:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Let me start with that this isn't the first blush you should buy if you haven't got any. It's is a bright red, extremely pigmented blush, that very possibly will make you look like you've got a bad case of sunburn.

It needs to be applied in very, very small amounts, and then carefully blended. If you do it right, you get a wonderful, flushed look, but if you overdo it (very easy to do), you look, yeah, very red. I barely wipe the blush brush in the blush, then wipe off the excess on my hand, and then apply the blush in light strokes, before I blend. It's long lasting, and if done right, you look great the rest of the day.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Oooo!!!! This one looks like a colour you would use at halloween, but really, it is a super flattering red that brightens up those little cheekies. Yes, you must have a light hand when applying, but once you figure out what brush you want to use (stippling, perhaps) and how much product you can use without looking like a clown, it will become your favourite face-brightening blush. I love it & will buy it again if i ever run out. An overall lovely, matte blush.

This product just looks over the top in the pan, but an artist at Lord & Taylor suggested I try it with my signature red lip. She had very natural, minimalist make up and I was shocked that she wore this shade. She used a long hair fluffy blush brush to apply this to the apples of my cheeks, tapping the pan so lightly, and shaking off the excess on a tissue. This warmed me right up and looks a lot better than a bare cheek when wearing red lipstick. If applied with a light hand, this shade can work on a lot of skin tones, I was shocked and also thrilled to find a new beauty staple.

on 1/9/2013 11:16:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This blush interested me for a long time, and I'm SO glad I finally have it in my collection. For anyone frightened of the color in the pan, don't be! It's such a gorgeous, healthy, naturally flushed color on the cheeks. If properly applied that is. It can also be sunburnt if you go overboard. I apply it with a duo fiber stippling brush, or a fan brush to pick up as little product as possible. I touch the brush to the back of my hand to remove any excess, and sweep the color on my cheeks. This one pan will last me a lifetime considering how pigmented it is, but assuming I could ever use it up, yes I would repurchase in a heartbeat.

on 12/3/2012 8:32:00 PM

As an artist who does a lot of portraits, I know that cadmium red is THE color that brings skin tone to life when painting. Exhibit A is cadmium red and yes, it has the same effect on real skin.

As others have noted, use soft brush and be careful when applying but color will make you look warm, alive and vibrant.

Popular Blush Products