December 20, 2014 | 1709 users online

Moisturizers - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Argan Daily Moisturizer SPF 40

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2013 3:56:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

After a disastrous time with the tinted version of this (see my review) I wasn't looking forward to trying this. I had a sample size from a kit I purchased, and I needed a sunscreen to wear under my makeup, so it was this or nothing. I was surprised at how fast it sunk into my skin, and how good it made my foundation look when applied on top of it (I had to update a review I did for Shiseido foundation as this moisturizer made it apply so well that I totally changed my mind about repurchasing this foundation). I am still not a huge fan of the fragrance, but I am wondering if this is actually the scent of the natural argan oil rather than any added fragrance. I haven't developed a rash to this one like I did with the tinted version, so I will stick with this one. My only issue is that I wished it had a higher SPF. I am so used to wearing SPF 70 and above that it seems that SPF 40 is too low (even though I know that there isn't much difference between SPF 30 to 70). I would use this product again and will purchase a full sized bottle of this one my sample has run out. Love the glass packaging also, makes the product look a lot nicer than so many other products out there!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 12:01:00 AM More reviews by FromNJ23

love love love. I wanted a moisturizer with spf that didn't leave a white cast on my face, and this was it. I don't use primers and anything else on my face. This sinks in so quickly so you have to apply it quickly too. It makes my foundation look amazing. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2013 12:13:00 PM More reviews by luvlost03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Im so glad I decided to try this, first off my skin is oily combination and clog prone. Ive been on the hunt for my perfect daytime moisturizer with spf, I believe I have finally found it. This hydrates my skin, absorbs quickly, high non-chemical sunscreen, and it smells really good. Ive only been using it for a few days but its love at first try and so far no break outs or clogged pores, just beautiful glowy skin. Love!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2013 2:04:00 AM More reviews by ghousegal2000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this moisturizer. It's light (sometimes too light so I use more) but moisturizing with high spf. It doesn't irritate my skin (i have rosacea), and great to use under foundation.

I gave it 4 out of 5 because there's nothing 'special' about this product. Just your basic moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2013 11:01:00 AM More reviews by lunalove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I agree with other reviewers who said that this is def. not water proof :)
It is white when you pump it out but I use 2 squirts on my whole face and neck and it doesnt leave me with a white cast to my face. It does protect from sun and esp if you are using a product like retin a or many acne meds, they make you more sun sensitive so high daily spf is a must-have.
I think that if you have dry skin this might not be moisturizing enough for you, but for normal to oily skins, this should be enough.
I apply this, then my foundation, and finish with powder and have had no problems with it breaking down my foundation or anything and as long as Im not sweating profusely or in rain, it does just fine.
If I dont find anything I like better I will be repurchasing once I run out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2013 7:15:00 PM More reviews by bluemeanie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

My skin is dry. I like this product very much for when I want a quick combo product (moisturizer+sunscreen), but I don't use it every day. When I tried using argan oil alone as a moisturizer for several days back-to-back, I had some breakouts. With using it only sporadically (2-3 days per week typically), I have had no problems. The scent strikes me as a bit fruity, which I like since I can't stand the scent of typical sunscreens. 2 squirts is enough for my face and then I do one more for my neck and chest area. The product comes out opaque white, but doesn't leave a white cast on my skin. It's fairly easy to rub in to skin. I would repurchase at this point.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/10/2013 7:04:00 PM More reviews by alg2106

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I loved this ffor winter months when my skin gets a little dryer. However, after about 2 months of use I began to break out all over my face and discontinued use. It took me a while to get my skin to clear up and that was after going to the dermatologist for a sulfur mask and antibiotics. If you don't get breakouts easily, though, definitely check it out because it does moisturize your skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2013 4:21:00 PM More reviews by slchapman26

It's an interesting product but on it's own I don't like it. I found, like with most Josie Maran products, it works better if it is combined with the argan oil. If you use the argan oil on your face first then the moisturizer it is quite nice and light. The one downfall is that it is a bit oily. I don't mind that becuase I'm fairly dry and live in an extremely dry climate, so for me it is great. You need to get used to the texture though. I also find this product is only good if you are not applying any foundation over it. If you are looking for colouring then use the tinted moisturizer, then for fuller coverage, add the matchmaker foundation. Using the Matchmaker foundation over this SPF moisturizer doesn't work, it made me really flaky especially on my cheaks where I am usually not dry at all.
Overall I really like this moisturizer if used in combination with the argan oil as a base.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2013 3:28:00 PM More reviews by roseb202

I have sensitive skin and like this product. It does not cause tingling or burning like some other products do. I like that it has physical sunscreens instead of chemical sunscreens.

It has a nice pump dispenser. The consistency is not thick, which I like. It is pretty liquidy which allows me to spread it easily over my face. I lightly rub it into my face, doing portions at a time. It takes a minute or so to fully absorb. Then I apply a tinted foundation overtop. The result is very nice.

It wears well throughout the day, although I am not exposed to a lot of sunlight given that it's wintertime here where I am, and I stay indoors mostly.

The only thing I don't like about it is the slightly flowery smell, which reminds me very much of the air freshener on planes. I could get used to it over time, though. Wish they would make it totally unfragranced.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2012 12:13:00 PM More reviews by Nades01

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

By far THE outmost best cream with SPF ever! So gentle, I even use it at night. Never any breakouts and my skin has never been smoother and more even looking, even younger looking(am 44). Do buy it by the gallon, and it also comes in a bigger format which is totally worth every penny.