April 18, 2014 | 852 users online

Mascara - MAC - Extended Play - Endlessly Black

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2012 2:05:00 PM More reviews by SquirrelQueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my HG mascara. I was a mascara virgin until I had LASIK ten years ago and I've been on the hunt for something that would enhance my short, sparse lashes. I also have oily lids so if I found something that would lengthen my lashes, it would smudge like crazy. I looked like a raccoon regardless of whether I used drugstore mascara, mid-price mascara like MAC or Clinique, or high-end mascara like Dior. Extended Play WORKS for me. My lashes are longer and curl without having to use a curler. It doesn't flake. It doesn't smudge. It stays put, even if my eyes get a little teary. Yet, it's easy to remove with cleansing oil or eye makeup remover. It doesn't last through serious tears, you know, like when watching a four-handkercheif movie. But who needs to cry when you've got gorgeous lashes?

I use this with MAC Prep+Prime lash primer and MAC Prep+Prime Future Length serum. WooHoo! My lashes brush up against my glasses! I also brush a little blot powder onto my eyelids to cut down the oiliness. Then again, I'd been doing that for years and still got raccoon eyes with every mascara but this. My ten-year quest is over and I no longer look like a masked wild creature.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2012 5:23:00 PM More reviews by melllm

This a nice mascara for everyday use - better than most that I've tried. I like the formula it's not too wet and it really does a nice job lengthening. It's pretty buildable as well. It seems to last all day with minimal flaking which is good. I just prefer a more dramatic as this is quite natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2012 1:28:00 PM More reviews by MeemsC

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a middle aged, Asian contact-wearer with straight, short lashes who has always HATED wearing mascara. I've been eyeliner only all my life because mascara always seemed too fussy to put on (I'm messy and fast) uncomfortable to wear, too much trouble to wash off. I'm a 5 min in the am/ 5 min in the pm gal.

When I hit up MAC to get stock up for new makeup for a 3-day wedding I attended this summer, the MAC make up artist made me do this myself in the store. It's actually easy to apply, effortless to wear (no lashes sticking together or tangling up!), and a snap to rinse off (warm water and a gentle touch).

I'm a convert! Tubing mascara rocks and this one is the right price for me. Also love the straight, skinny wand, works perfectly for my eye shape and shorter lashes, and helps me to get right into the corners with ease. Love it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2012 8:32:00 PM More reviews by xtina13082

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this stuff! I bought this on an impulse buy online, and boy am I glad!! Mascara is the only product I use that I swear drugstore brands are just as good if not better than expensive ones. I love MAC, but am always disappointed in their mascara until this one. The brush looks thin, and I usually look for fatter brushes...but this one does the trick. I have had people ask if I was wearing false lashes on while I was wearing it. Its a great lengthener and coats every lash. It also stays wet long enough for you to build the coverage somewhat. Definitely recommend!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2012 10:26:00 AM More reviews by bellski

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is a very natural looking mascara for everyday use. I like my lashes very long and full which this product not really give me, it gives your lashes a more subtle look. But it has very high quality in terms of staying on without smudging and without clumping (even after the gym!).
One weird thing though is people say it's so easy to wash off I really don't agree! When I wash my face with just warm water the mascara kind of goes away from the lashes but sticks like glue under my eyes instead! Not nice. So I don't understand why everyone says it's easy to get rid of.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by kayte513

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My fave mascara by MAC so far. I was a waterproof only mascara wearer before trying this product & I am impressed. It definitely lengthens & slightly volumizes, even adds a slight curl. My lashes are stick straight (hence the waterproof only) so even getting the tiniest curl(with NO curler) & having it stay is impressive. I personally use a heated lash curler. This product separates my lashes & makes them look even longer. I have used it for a few weeks and am completely loving it. It holds my curl all day. Even if I use more than one coat. The brush is really nice to use for bottom lashes too. Hope this is helpful to you.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2012 9:20:00 AM More reviews by verybecca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite MAC mascara so far. They've been improving their formulas for new mascara and I was using and loving Opulash before this and I like the brush on this better because it's smaller and more precise. It never smudges or flakes but it takes a few seconds to dry (no biggie) but what I love the most is that it never clumps my lashes together. This mascara is great for long, separate lashes. Two coats looks very dramatic but not OTT. It is more difficult to wash off, so I use MU remover before cleansing oil.
EDIT: still my favorite - nothing can compare...lengthens, separates, volume, holds curl, doesn't flake or smudge. IT HAS IT ALL!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2012 1:27:00 PM More reviews by frezgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS MASCARA. IT LENGTHENS VOLUMIZES AND CURLS.. AND IT DOESNT SMUDGE. I AM SO HAPPY MAC CAME OUT WITH SUCH A GOOD PRODUCT!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2012 3:27:00 PM More reviews by canadian

I've been on the hunt for a mascara that doesn't flake or clump. I stopped at the MAC counter not long ago and one of the girls mentioned this is her favorite mascaras (she secretly told me she hates MAC mascaras except for this one). I bought it and really like it. It doesn't give vavoom thick lashes or lot's of length. However with two applications it gives me a little more than a natural look with some length and little bit of thickness. It doesn't clump or flake even in hot weather. When removing it does flake under the eyes but that is easy to wipe away.

I'm very happy with this mascara and would repurchase. It costs around $18.00 Canadian before taxes. I'm not into spending $30.00 on a mascara so this price is reasonable for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2012 5:01:00 PM More reviews by mcr86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am LOVING this mascara! Most of the complaints I hear from people about it not being dramatic enough are missing the point. This is not a buildable mascara, and it's not intended to be. That's the first thing the woman in the M.A.C. store told me. It's a very natural-lash look, but it also does a great job of curling and separating. When I first got it home, I had no makeup on at the time, so I decided to test it on one eye. Being a natural blonde, my eyelashes are pretty light, but this did an excellent job of coating all the lashes while curling them enough on its own that it looked as though I'd used an eyelash curler.

It's also water resistant, so while it stands up to a little eye-tearing action (or the unexpected downpour), it's still quite easy to take off at the end of the day. I really recommend this mascara for daytime wear, or anyone who prefers a more natural look.