MAC Extended Play - Endlessly Black

4.2

on 5/20/2013 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This mascara is very different from all mascaras I've used in the past. Normally, I like super volumizing mascaras with gigantic brushes. This mascara is the complete opposite. It is a very long brush with short bristles. However, it still manages to give me a pretty decent amount of volume, especially with two coats. After two coats, it can get a little bit clumpy. Because of the length of the wand/bristles, you are really able to get in there and grab on to all of those shorter lashes, and give them amazing separation, with a decent amount of volume. This makes a huge difference on my lower lashes, especially. You definitely won't end up with a total of 4 clumpy lashes! And this mascara is long-wearing and non-smudging as well. I own this in the new, blacker, "Gigablack" formula.

on 5/11/2013 9:31:00 AM

I am also very surprised by all of the positive reviews on this mascara. For the high price I paid I expected a lot more from this product. I found this to be a very clumpy mascara that (very noticeably) flaked off throughout the day. Also when applying, I found that my eyelashes would stick together and I found it very difficult to separate them. I did enjoy the shorter wand though as it was easy to apply to the lower lashes. Unless you have a special eye makeup remover, it seemed to be very difficult to wash off. Maybe I received a bad tube? In any case, I will not be repurchasing and I will stick to my tried and true Clinique.

on 4/22/2013 10:22:00 AM

At first I wasn't sure about this mascara but on third try I've decided I really do love it. I am always hunting for mascaras that don't weigh my eyelashes down after wear for an hour. Many look great instantly they go on but then seem to have that effect of weighing down and making my eyelashes look shorter. Well I can say this doesn't do that. It has a lovely separating effect with lengthening, non clumpy. Maybe this mascara is not the most lengthening of all mascaras but I do think it has a classy elegant look. Which I prefer any day to clogged fake looking style lashes anyway. So I will be sticking with this one.

on 3/20/2013 10:21:00 AM

My best friend who works for MAC got me this new mascara for my birthday, and while it's not quite as stupendously amazing as my HG mascara (Chanel Le Volum), it is quite amazing and I would definitely buy it and recommend it to anyone. It makes my lashes spidery and extremely long with some super cool buildable "tube" technology. It's basically lash extensions in a tube. It's very black, and easy to use and get close to the lash line as the wand is quite small. It's just not as inky black, glossy, and thickening as my Chanel mascara. That's my only issue. But this is well worth the price, and I cannot recommend it highly enough. It's like Maybelline mascara on steroids.

on 2/12/2013 11:53:00 PM

I will buy and have bought this product again, many times. The price is a little steep for some mascara, but then again it is THE mascara for a girl like me! My lashes are your typical, super short, super brittle kind, and even though I really need to curl them to look alive, it just breaks off even more. So I read about this on Kandee Johnson's blog, and headed off to try some. It is so good! It makes my lashes a million miles long, separates them, and makes em stand out....without a lash curler. No smudging, and it comes off easily. I've already gotten two of my friends hooked on them. It saves time and it is really a great mascara.

on 2/8/2013 6:25:00 PM

Finally after all these years I have found my HG MAC mascara. It gives my mega length, beautiful separation, volume, hold the curl, doesn't smudge/budge/smear/flake, and washes of easily at the end of the day. I'm already on my third tube and will continue to repurchase for as long as MAC has it available.

on 1/25/2013 2:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I've found my new HG! If you want Zooey Deschanel-like lashes, this is NOT the mascara for you. If you want, "What? I always look this naturally gorgeous!" lashes, this is the product you need. I have oily lids and can never find a product that won't smudge or clump but this mascara made it through the Sundance film festival (and my crying) without budging an inch. It comes off in one swipe of remover or a makeup remover towlette with very little rubbing. This is my new mascara.

on 1/6/2013 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have been hunting for the perfect mascara for years and I have found it! I have pretty dark circles under my eyes that I am always aware of and trying to cover up. I have always been leary of mascaras that smudge and flake. I had found the zero smudge mascara by Estee Lauder which is also good but I found the formula too dry for me. This is a lovely mascara that doesn't clump, separates lashes and doesn't smudge at all. Love this product!

on 12/15/2012 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

IN LOVE!

on 11/15/2012 2:05:00 PM

This is my HG mascara. I was a mascara virgin until I had LASIK ten years ago and I've been on the hunt for something that would enhance my short, sparse lashes. I also have oily lids so if I found something that would lengthen my lashes, it would smudge like crazy. I looked like a raccoon regardless of whether I used drugstore mascara, mid-price mascara like MAC or Clinique, or high-end mascara like Dior. Extended Play WORKS for me. My lashes are longer and curl without having to use a curler. It doesn't flake. It doesn't smudge. It stays put, even if my eyes get a little teary. Yet, it's easy to remove with cleansing oil or eye makeup remover. It doesn't last through serious tears, you know, like when watching a four-handkercheif movie. But who needs to cry when you've got gorgeous lashes?

I use this with MAC Prep+Prime lash primer and MAC Prep+Prime Future Length serum. WooHoo! My lashes brush up against my glasses! I also brush a little blot powder onto my eyelids to cut down the oiliness. Then again, I'd been doing that for years and still got raccoon eyes with every mascara but this. My ten-year quest is over and I no longer look like a masked wild creature.

Top Rated MAC Products