April 19, 2014 | 1778 users online

Bronzers - Wet 'n' Wild - Ticket to Brazil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2013 9:30:00 AM More reviews by Dimplesgalore

This is lovely on my olive/yellow skin. When I'm tan I turn a golden bronze color but when I'm pale I am a yellow/pale green-ish. Most bronzers are far too red based to complement my skin tone, but this one is a WINNER.

In the pan it looks like nothing special. Typical bronzer with a hint of gold tones, a very small hint, and depending on the angle has some flecks of shimmer. Not big chunks of glitter, or overwhelming metallic frosting, but just enough to add some dimension but remain in the grownup cosmetic realm.

The pan is huge and the packaging generally sucks. The domed lid latches onto the base with some gripping power but I could see weakening over time. The bronzer cake is really soft and it's easy to end up with too much on your brush. Using my big ELF flat top brush, one firm swirl around the pan produced enough loose powder on the bristles and in the pan for more than one application, but honestly I'd prefer that to powder you have to wrestle with.

It went on extremely silky, satiny, and smooth. Very easy to blend in to my bare skin. Felt lovely, looked fabulous. My hubby, who notices subtle changes but usually can't put a finger on what they are, told me he liked my new lipstick (I was wearing some) and that I looked pretty. Ticket to Brazil is my ticket to glowing skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2013 7:54:00 PM More reviews by stylingay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just bought this and was so excited to put it on after reading all these great reviews on it! But, as soon as I put it on I knew I made a mistake. On my pale, pinkish skin this is bright orange. It might look good on other skin tones, but it definitely DID NOT on me

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2013 4:33:00 PM More reviews by dianaisabel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This bronzer is amazing. I have used up 3 of these and already on my 4th one. I will never again spend money on a high-end bronzer because this one is perfect. It does not show up orange on my skin it gives a natural look. This is my go-to I seriously reccomend to everyone!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2013 3:40:00 PM More reviews by jeane519

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use this for contouring, and it is perfect. Along my hairline and chin, and then under my cheeks. A little goes a long way so use a light hand with your brush. This does not look orange or red on me. I won't say this is a dupe for NARS Laguna, but I would test this one out first before investing money in higher end bronzers. Seasonal in stores so stock up if you see it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2013 1:35:00 AM More reviews by Katelisa16

This bronzer is incredible. It was actually my first purchase and I was kind of scared considering that the word bronzer was unknown to me at that time. Anyways, it's a great product but I would not recommend it if you have fair skin. It might just end up looking orange.

Check out my blog I review makeup and do OOTD's.
http://candybox101.blogspot.com/ (hopefully this won't count as advertising)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 9:33:00 PM More reviews by allisonshort

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I gave this product a 5 because it excels in every category and exceeds my expectations. The price is absolutely unbeatable-- $4 for a HUGE container. It's SUPER pigmented so a little goes a LOOOONG way and you will literally be using this stuff forever. It blends so easily and STAYS PUT all day without looking muddy or dirty or orange. I have super fair, oily skin so that says a lot for me!! I use this bronzer EVERY day to contour and it looks so amazing all day long (uploaded a picture of the wear throughout a workday^^^). The packaging is somewhat bulky due to the fact that there is so much product- not a bad trade off. Since I loved this so much, I gave the color Bikini Contest a try and I LOVE it as well. Ticket to Brazil is more yellow and SLIGHTLY shimmery (does not translate onto my face at all) while Bikini Contest is more red and flat. I believe I've covered all the major points but bottom line- I'm going to buy this stuff forever. I already have 3!!!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/7/2013 12:16:00 PM More reviews by aqelvis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

bought this the same day as I bought the Bikini Contest...also had high hopes, but this one was too orange for me....bummer, loved the idea of inexpensive bronzer that would work well for me...but no.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2013 5:51:00 AM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

There's not one bad thing i have to say about this bronzer. It seriously is AMAZING. No other way to put it. I own "Reserve Your Cabana" and I use it more then any of my expensive high end highlighters. My FAVORITE bronzer of all time is Too Faced's 'Chocolate Soleil Bronzer' and don't get me wrong - I still love it. But this might be a tiny bit better!!! Omgsh, I wanna punch myself for saying that because I have an unhealthy love for my Chocolate Bronzer but this Brazilian wonderland of a bronzer has rocked my world. It looks like it has sparkles in the pan, but when you put it on it looks completely matte. It definitely adds a healthy glow to my face and doesn't look super flat like other matte bronzers can do. This is PERRRFECT for contouring, it blends like a dream and is super pigmented. It really is a gorgeous color - perfect for my NC35 tan skin with yellow undertones. It's ridiculously cheap, comes with double the product of any other bronzer out there, and I am totally in love with this stuff!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2013 9:19:00 AM More reviews by leoisillon

I'm really happy I purchased this prodcut. You get a large amount for the price and if you can find it on sale or with a coupon even better! The color comes out matte. I don't notice any shimmer when I apply this. It is actually dark enough to show up on my medium skin tone. Most of the time drugstore bronzers just do not have enough pigmentation. I use this almost every day because it gives just the right amount of color to my face. I'd definitely repurchase. I don't really have any complaints about it. If I had to pick something to critique it would maybe be the packaging. It's slightly massive and proably wouldn't travel well.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2013 4:40:00 AM More reviews by blu3

I am really loving this bronzer. I was previously using NYC's-Sunny as my go-to cheap, but great bronzer until I took a chance on this one. I got it at CVS for about $4...yes, $4!! You really can't beat a bronzer for under $5, especially one that works really well. For reference, I'm normally around an NC30 and this does not look "dirty" or orange on me. Since i've changed over to this bronzer, I've been getting a lot of compliments on my makeup. I'm already planning on heading back to buy more (even though I haven't even made a dent in the one I have now). The compact is HUGE and will definitely last you a while. I've had mine for a month now, use it about 5 days a week and all over my face and you can still see the raised sun design on it...i've got a long way to go before this puppy even has a hint of showing pan. Packaging is also very nice, much better than NYC's. Travels well, i've thrown it in my makeup bag and have had it in my purse and taken it to school. still in perfect condition and has not accidentally opened and gotten everywhere (not something i can say for a lot of my makeup items)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No