October 31, 2014 | 909 users online

Powder - Sephora - Microsmooth Foundation Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 4:13:00 PM More reviews by jnbaisden

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like this powder foundation! Previously, I tried out MAC MSFN but it gave me breakouts, so I had to continue my search, and I'm so glad I found this product! It is everything I wanted MSFN to be and more! First of all, it gives me great coverage, and I like that it is buildable without getting cakey. It also has many other great qualities in that it can be applied both wet and dry, has a smooth, satin finish, looks natural, doesn't oxidize, and doesn't cause any issues for my skin at all. The color match is also great (MAC NC50/MSFN Dark - Sephora MS Mahogany), because I usually fall in between shades when it comes to powder products. I love the ease of application, and once I apply it in the morning, I don't find the need to touch up at all during the day even on my combination skin which is a definite plus! I also find the price to be amazing for such a superior product. I've spent much more on products that didn't work half as well. Prior to finding this product, I was strictly a liquid foundation girl, and since I bought this, it has completely replaced my HG liquid in my make up routine, not to mention it has cut down my makeup application time by at least 5 minutes. I am hoping it will last just as nicely on my skin in the warmer spring and summer months. If it does, I'm planning to totally convert from using liquid to using powder foundation year round! I highly recommend it!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2013 4:32:00 PM More reviews by 1CupcakeJunkie

I bought this as inexpensive setting powder and it seems to work well. I bought clear light 15 and it seems to match me pretty well. I use it during work to get rid of shine on my face and i use an ELF powder brush. Doesnt leave me cakey at all and i can reapply over and over and it still doesnt get cakey. I do hate that it doesnt come with a mirror.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2012 9:33:00 AM More reviews by dustyjil

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I currently use and really like the Benefit Hello Flawless! powder. I need to mix 2 shades, so I wanted to try this as a substitute. It just doesn't have the same creamy texture as the Hello Flawless! and it is drying.

***UPDATE*** I have rediscovered this and needed to increase my rating, I think I was applying too heavily. It is not comparable to the Benefit powder, it's different, but still a good powder.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2012 1:04:00 AM More reviews by peoplerpeople

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am a nearly perfect match for D33 in the mattifying compact foundation. Picked this up in the 35 shade for days when I wear liquid foundation and I am mildly impressed. The finish is light and smooth. The area around my nose flaked a bit but the powder otherwise did well on my dry skin. This powder did not approach my idea of a foundation - coverage is modest as was staying power. The packaging annoys me because there's no applicator or mirror of any kind. This design flaw makes it less portable than I would like. I've used a sponge.and a brush; the sponge worked much better for coverage. I'll repurchase because it's a good product, a good shade match at a decent price that doesn't cause me to breakout in little itchy bumps. The decidedly yellow undertones to this powder shade suit my coloring and did I mention that it doesn't make me itch or cause to watch with mildly itchy red bumps. Sephora powder foundations are better than I expected. Did I mention that this powder did not inflame my face. : D It didn't stay long either, but that's a tradeoff I can happily accept.
UPDATE: I'm subtracting one lippie. I still like the initial result and the color, but wish for better staying power.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2012 9:19:00 PM More reviews by mustanggurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This powder is good if your looking for something to Just kind of set your foundation and maybe even out the color if your skin tone. But not to cover imperfections or blemishes. This will cover cheek redness to a minimal but not completely. The best way to apply is with a soft kabuki or a flat top kabuki. It goes on smoothly and doesn't look cakey or ashy... But like I said, it did not cover much for me. It's coverage is more buildable sheer, not medium. Coverage wise and formula, it's very much like Mac skin finish natural. So if u like that, u will like this too. But it's definitely not like a studio fix powder or anything.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2012 8:07:00 PM More reviews by shuppet88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am very happy that I picked this up. :) I got it in the medium 30, and it's pretty much spot on for my NC 40-42 skin. Leaving aside that it's not technically cheaper than MAC msfn, I still think it has more value because it offers more coverage. I used up the MAC powder fairly quickly because I kept trying to see if it would cover anything lol. This powder from Sephora, on the other hand, actually shows up and definitely covers small flaws and blemishes. With this and concealer, I'm good to go. It's very quick and easy and looks very natural and pretty. I don't look like I have a ton of makeup on. I just look naturally brighter and lively. I'd say it lasts well on my combo skin. I just blot with a tissue and the shine is gone. It may be a bit pricey at $22, but it will last longer than most powders you have to really waste while packing on for any coverage.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2012 11:13:00 PM More reviews by cosmic007

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Please be advised - MICA and TALC are the first 2 ingredients listed for the product. Mineral makeup is a big trend. Made from minerals such as mica, which are used for industrial purposes as well, these tiny particles are a thousand times smaller than predecessors from even 10 years ago. Their small size makes for a smoother, more flawless look, but it has one serious unintended consequence. The particles are so tiny they fall quickly through the air and can be inhaled easily into your lungs. When construction workers use mica in products such as spackle, they wear masks to protect their lungs from scarring over time. Though there are no studies showing damage from makeup use to date, experts say the long-term use and inhalation of minerals in makeup can lead to inflammation, irritation and lung disease in women and girls.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2012 2:04:00 AM More reviews by Lionessque

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this to finish off my foundation application all the time. It gives a beautiful radiant semi matte finish.

PROS:
-looks natural, not too matte
-baked formula, can use wet/dry
-doesnt feel heavy
-non irritating

CONS:
-no mirror
-packaging looks cheap
-a touch pricey

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2012 2:12:00 PM More reviews by makeupphd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Excellent yellow-based powder. I came across this when I was looking for a replacement for my LM mineral foundation- it broke me out and I had to give it up even though it had a finish like no other! I tried MAC msf in medium plus and it was just not yellow enough for my skin tone. This powder fit the bill! I use it to set my liquid foundation and the color (medium 30) matches my NC35ish skin perfectly. it leaves a luminous finish, without shimmer! It doesn't do great w oil control however, so I still use my blotting powder from MAC midway through the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2012 8:43:00 PM More reviews by makeup1love

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just added the picture :)
My sister bough this a few days ago and I never tried it because I have my beloved Mac MSF in natural - deep and I would never use anything.
But I have to say this powder is not the cheap powder I used when I was in grade 9. I used Wal-mart brands that were under $10.00 lol!
Well I gave this a try and it really is nice, it covers well and give a smooth overage over the face and coveres any small imperfections very well.
I think this product is a bit much to use if you are going to be using foundation but I think this is a very good product for light use makeup girlies and people that just want a light clean look.
I really love my MSF so I won't be going back to this but it is a great products and if I wasn't in love with Mac I'd probably be using this.