April 21, 2014 | 1867 users online

Powder - Sephora - Microsmooth Foundation Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2012 11:13:00 PM More reviews by cosmic007

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Please be advised - MICA and TALC are the first 2 ingredients listed for the product. Mineral makeup is a big trend. Made from minerals such as mica, which are used for industrial purposes as well, these tiny particles are a thousand times smaller than predecessors from even 10 years ago. Their small size makes for a smoother, more flawless look, but it has one serious unintended consequence. The particles are so tiny they fall quickly through the air and can be inhaled easily into your lungs. When construction workers use mica in products such as spackle, they wear masks to protect their lungs from scarring over time. Though there are no studies showing damage from makeup use to date, experts say the long-term use and inhalation of minerals in makeup can lead to inflammation, irritation and lung disease in women and girls.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2012 2:04:00 AM More reviews by Lionessque

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this to finish off my foundation application all the time. It gives a beautiful radiant semi matte finish.

PROS:
-looks natural, not too matte
-baked formula, can use wet/dry
-doesnt feel heavy
-non irritating

CONS:
-no mirror
-packaging looks cheap
-a touch pricey

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2012 2:12:00 PM More reviews by makeupphd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Excellent yellow-based powder. I came across this when I was looking for a replacement for my LM mineral foundation- it broke me out and I had to give it up even though it had a finish like no other! I tried MAC msf in medium plus and it was just not yellow enough for my skin tone. This powder fit the bill! I use it to set my liquid foundation and the color (medium 30) matches my NC35ish skin perfectly. it leaves a luminous finish, without shimmer! It doesn't do great w oil control however, so I still use my blotting powder from MAC midway through the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2012 8:43:00 PM More reviews by makeup1love

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just added the picture :)
My sister bough this a few days ago and I never tried it because I have my beloved Mac MSF in natural - deep and I would never use anything.
But I have to say this powder is not the cheap powder I used when I was in grade 9. I used Wal-mart brands that were under $10.00 lol!
Well I gave this a try and it really is nice, it covers well and give a smooth overage over the face and coveres any small imperfections very well.
I think this product is a bit much to use if you are going to be using foundation but I think this is a very good product for light use makeup girlies and people that just want a light clean look.
I really love my MSF so I won't be going back to this but it is a great products and if I wasn't in love with Mac I'd probably be using this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2012 9:13:00 PM More reviews by annie_b

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm a long-time fan of MAC MSFN but was drawn to this powder based on the early glowing reviews. I can now say that I definitely prefer this to MSFN. I think the coverage is better and the shade I use (Nude) is a better match to my skin tone than the comparable choices available for MSFN. Normally I wear this over moisturizer and NARS oil-free primer, and I apply with Sephora's mineral powder brush.. When I don't use a primer I do sometimes notice a little minor build-up/creasing by the end of the day, but it's not a big deal. One thing I love about this product is that it doesn't seem to irritate my breakout-prone skin. My skin looks natural and the finish is not too matte nor shiny/glowing - just right. I will be repurchasing for sure!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2012 8:39:00 PM More reviews by kmanny615

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My friend suggested I check out this foundation when I was looking for a new powder foundation - I'm super fair (NW15 in MAC Studio Fix powder) and I've always passed Sephora's house brand by because I've never found anything from the line that's fair enough for me. This foundation in 05 Porcelain is perfect! It looked like it would be way too yellow for me in the package, but once applied with a kabuki brush, it blends perfectly. The coverage is sheer-to-medium but builds wonderfully, and I can touch up a few times throughout the day without it getting cakey.

I took one lippie off for the packaging - despite that it's a pressed powder in a compact, the compact doesn't have a mirror, a sponge or a puff of any kind. It's pretty inconvenient to have to take the compact and a brush and have to worry about finding a mirror when I need to touch up.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2012 12:02:00 AM More reviews by bailokaye

Pros:
+Natural skin looking satin finish
+Similar to mac msfn but (I think) without the breakouts
+Seems to have a good color selection
+Nice sturdy packaging

Cons:
-Expensive ($22)
-Less coverage than msfn
-Gets cakey when used wet
-Escentuates dry flakey skin
-Does not control oil at all

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2012 2:54:00 AM More reviews by ToSirWithLove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

If you like MAC MSFN but are interested in saving a few bucks, this Sephora version is $22 versus MAC's $29.

HOWEVER, the MAC version weighs in at 10 grams, and Sephora's at 7 grams. So if you break it down, MAC's is 2.90 per gram, and Sehora's is $3.14 per gram. You pay fewer dollars at Sephora, but pay more per gram, and it's likely to run out faster since it contains less. Of course, if MAC breaks you out, the Sephora version might be worth the extra pennies per gram to you.

Just a little hopefully helpful information for those, like me, who enjoy reading grocery store "price per ounce" tags.

21 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2012 9:55:00 AM More reviews by Centcent

I got this is medium and think its great! This has an amazing finish. I would compare it to "hello flawless" by benefit but at half the price. Manages to make your skin look flawless with the perfect amount of coverage with no risk of looking chalky or powdery!

I think it's really easy to get your perfect color match! Packaging is whatever but if not having a mirror or puff is gonna save me $10 i dont mind.I usually end up using my own anyway,

Why only 4 stars? The staying power is poor. I do have oily skin so I have to buy a primer for this and hope that it makes it last longer. If a primer works then I would buy again. If not, then sadly no :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2012 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Murais

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Sephora hit clear across the ball field and out of the park on this one! Especially if you like msfn, but find it a tad to pinkie-creamy cool. I loved the look and finish my light-plus msfn gave me, but hesitated to buy it a second time when I ran out because of its cooler tone. And the medium looked way too pink, and the medium-dark looked too dark. And so I shifted to the Laura Geller Balance N' Brighten just to try it. While the B&B is a decent powder, I just don't see the same lovely glow that MSFN had. Enter my recent purchase of Sephora's new microsmooth powder in Beige-25. Yep, comparable to msfn in price (it's cheaper, but doesn't contain as much product, so I tend to eyeball that as equalizing the two in terms of pricing), oil control (minimal), lovely glow, and flawless finish, but its slightly more yellow/golden color as well as its seemingly longer staying power makes it a total home run for my light-med warm skin. I hover somewhere between Mac NC20-25, CG Ageless Buff Beige, Nars TM Alaska, Boots New Ivory, Meow mmu Frisky Chartreux, so was initially torn between the Nude-15 and the Beige-25, but the 25 is perfect, just perfect. I'm happy with its simple packaging too, but I usually don't fret about such things anyway, unless it's those Physician's Formula, 8 gazillion, big ungainly compartment types that just drive me to distraction. Well done Sephora!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No