April 21, 2014 | 967 users online

Lip Treatments - E.L.F. - Studio Lip Exfoliator

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2014 6:29:00 AM More reviews by daguerr

I felt like this lip scrub was an alright product. I mean what do you really expect for $3? This is the first lip scrub I utilize into my "skincare" regimen. It's better than using a toothbrush to buff the lips.
The lip scrub itself smells like coco butter, which doesn't bother me at all, and the scrub itself seems like brown sugar. Do not mind the rougher texture at all considering my lips are very drying. I do not recommend if you have sensitive lips. I can handle pain pretty well and consider this to be above average on the pain level.
It is decent enough to get the job done as long as you use a moisturizing lip balm afterwards.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2014 5:41:00 AM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

OUCH! What the freak is happening with this stuff! This shiz hurts AND the more you use the more it hurts because the waxy protective coating gets used up leaving mostly the grainy and painful sandpaper-esque ingredients. Now before you go judging and saying I am a wimpy drama queen, lemmie tell ya I am not: I get some pretty hardcore acid and TCA peels all the time so face pain is not a biggie to me. I understand that pain is beauty but guess what? After all that this product didn't even really exfoliate very well.

I really do not recommend this product. If you want a good lip exfoliating treatment go with one from Bliss or Sarah Happ - while they are a bit expensive they work well and will last forever and a day.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2014 7:26:00 PM More reviews by LittleGypsy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this product from Target for only $3 since they sold out onlineā€¦ and I love it. I'd always heard great things about it and so I had to try it for myself to find out what all the hype was about. I think this is a great form for a lip exfoliator. It's non messy, unlike many of the d.i.y. lip exfoliators I've made. The product itself smells and tastes like brown sugar. Once you break through the chapstick like surface of the lip exfoliator, you get to the gritty part. It honestly feels like a lip massage when you use this to exfoliate your lips, and your lips are left feeling smooth and soft once the dead skin is gone. Perfect to use in the winter when the weather causes dry, cracked lips. The packaging is pretty impressive too, considering this is so cheap. The tube is made of some sort of sleek looking metal. And for dirt cheap (only $3) I definitely recommend this product and will be repurchasing when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 11:23:00 PM More reviews by krmicmac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite product made by E.L.F.

I get dry cracked lips in the winter, which are prone to cold sores. Using this every night has not only made my lips look better under lipstick, it has helped stave off the cold sores (from regular use). The price also cannot be beat!

I'm on my second tube, btw.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2014 3:40:00 AM More reviews by loveover0

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It's a nice lip exfoliator. The sugars in the product do a decent job exfoliating my lips but I find the smell of it too sickly sweet and strong. It has an intense chemically vanilla smell that refuses to go away and completely clashes with the smell of my actual lip colors. If you're not sensitive to strong smells, then this is a cheap and convenient lip exfoliator to toss in your purse on the go.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 11:07:00 PM More reviews by jjp7401

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This makes my lipstick go on so much smoother. Can't beat the price. Definitely a good buy. Also, it smells great!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2014 8:39:00 AM More reviews by girlgeniuss

I couldn't get into the hype for this lip scrub. It felt like I was rubbing my lips with a rock. Not to mention it cracked my top lip enough for it to bleed. The key essential for any lip scrub is the ability to moisturize while exfoliating. This had no softness whatsoever, simply dry and hard grains. I found my holy grail when I switched to the Sugar Lip Polish by Fresh.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2014 10:58:00 AM More reviews by Princesa7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm giving this 3 lippies..I like this but don't love it.

This lip exfoliater is ok IMO I find its too gritty for my liking and can feel abrasive on my lips,my lips don't exactly feel super soft or smooth BUT for $3 its good enough.

My husband who occasionally gets super dry,cracked lips from working outside in the winter complained the Elf exfoliator made his lips feel numb!!!

I prefer my Mary Kay Satin lips exfoliator wich actually leaves my lips feeling smooth,soft and hydrated....I'd only get the Elf one again if I desperate at the time lol

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2014 9:06:00 PM More reviews by Yvonneay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Living in a dry area makes keeping up with smooth lips very difficult. That being said, this product helps tons.

It's amazing, I don't know what more to say. You apply it, gently make circles on your lips, and then you rinse it off. The first time I tried it, it actually hurt because I think I was applying a little too much pressure and the granules were actually very rough, but as you learn how to exfoliate your lips using this product, it gets better and better.

For something that is $3, this is a decent product.

Warning though, for me it tastes absolutely disgusting. I have a terrible habit of licking my lips and while doing this I just randomly licked them, and it took a long time to get the flavor off of my mouth. :P

EDIT: After much more use and some result, I figured I would add to this review. The fact that it tastes so bad for me makes me never want to use it. Then over time the tip of the product gets smoother and smoother until there are no granules, or there are but one or 2 on the side pocking out instead of a bunch more scattered nicely. I noticed as well that the granules were always pretty big and no matter what pressure I put onto my lips it still end up somehow hurting a bit. It all just accumulated over time and killed it for me. This isn't a "bad" product, just not for me, and I would much rather give the LUSH lip scrub in bubblegum a go. :P

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 1:32:00 PM More reviews by woodenshoe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I like this lipscrub because it's so easy to use. I don't have to dip one of my fingers in a small pot before application. The lipstick shape is quite handy and it does the job very well.
Like most E.L.F. products it is an affordable and good quality product. Will buy again.