October 21, 2014 | 1605 users online

BB Cream - Garnier - BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin - Light

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2014 1:51:00 AM More reviews by Tori2014

Shade I use: Light to medium
Price: Approx. $13 (AUD)

I love this BB cream. I use it pretty much everyday unless I'm going to an event or just want something a bit heavier. Its very runny so you have to be careful when squeezing it out of the tube, but it also means that a little goes a long way and it's extremely blendable on my skin. The packaging is fine I don't have any issues with it. I like that it's a soft plastic tube so when there isn't much product left I can cut the tube in half and scoop out what's left. I apply a thin layer for a natural sheer look and it works well, but doesn't cover all that much, as you would expect. I layer it twice for a more medium coverage on a daily basis. I've never tried to layer it more for a full coverage but I think it would look too heavy if you did this. I've got dark under eye circles, moderate acne and uneven skin tone and this covers enough for me to feel comfortable; I don't mind if my blemishes show through a little. But I'll just add concealer if I want to cover them further and I always apply concealer under my eyes to brighten. I have combination/oily skin as the product claims to cater for. Regardless of whether I powder or not I do get oily by the afternoon or earlier, depending on what I'm doing during the day, so sometimes I'll touch up during the day but I've rarely found that it looks too bad to get away with. I'm fairly pale but I find even the lightest shade is slightly too dark for me. I wear it anyway but it only really matches me when I have a light application of tanning lotion on. It's not perfect in the sense of longevity, coverage or finish, but for the price I think it's definitely worth it. I will always repurchase despite it's flaws.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2014 4:09:00 PM More reviews by lilyclaark

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

MY RATE IS ACTUALLY 3.5
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have been playing with makeup for years, but I am a beginner when it comes to BB cream. The first time I bought this, the formula was a lot thicker and oranger. The second time around, I found the formula to be EXTREMELY runny, but the colour matched my skin a lot better.
Usually with reviews I go into full blown inspection, but with this I find it easier to just review it through a list:

PROS:
Blends easily (I use a Beauty Blender/ fingers/ foundation brush)
Can layer (one layer is lighter coverage, but you can build it for more coverage)
Colour matches my skin tone- maybe just a tiny bit too pale.
You get a ton of product

CONS:
Has a slight greasy feel
I don't recommend for people with dry skin; my nose is very dry and it always settles into little cracks no matter how much moisturiser I apply.
Suuuuuuuper runny- it has run out onto my bags numerous times

I think that for what it is, the price should be lowered. This is the first and only BB Cream I have tried so I wasn't sure what to expect. I do prefer it over foundation, but I assume that there are much better ones out there. I think if the price was lowered I would repurchase this.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/25/2014 1:50:00 AM More reviews by caartist

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's a disgrace to call this a BB cream. It's nothing more than a liquid makeup. It is very runny and has way too much coverage and very unnatural at best. You need a lot of effort to blend this on your skin. I've used several BB creams and the good ones with good skin care benefits require minimal effort to blend and applies more like a moisturizer. This product applies and blends like a foundation and settles into lines and pores like a poorly formulated foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/22/2014 5:43:00 PM More reviews by Aznmakeup

The bb cream is extremely runny and if you store it facing down the bb cream will make a big mess in the tube. Provides decent coverage but very easily clings to dry patches. I have oily skin and this doesn't keep me matte at all. I get oily within an hour or two

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2014 1:46:00 PM More reviews by patzolay

I dont like wearing foundation everyday so this is perfect for me.

Even in the label claims "Purpose: sunscreen" it really works like a miracle skin perfector for me Light/ Medium is the perfect color and it looks natural and velvet without even feel you´re wearing it but last all day.

About the price i think is reasonable because you only need a little amount.

Here in Mexico I buy it at walmart because about 2 times per year they are 2x1 about 5.76 dolars each

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2014 12:16:00 PM More reviews by RM83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I find myself buying this product over and over again. In my opinion, Pros: long wearing, good coverage, product literally lasts me months & SPF. Cons: runny, it tends to leak out into cap and make a mess, doesn't absorb oil that well. I've tried revlon and aveeno bb creams and the garnier out performs both brands. I will continue to purchase this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2014 4:28:00 PM More reviews by nessiemess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Grey

Every liquid foundation that I've ever used was a total flop. This one however wasn't that bad. The color was quite allright and it does last some time. I do got the feeling that it crawles into my pores and all the lines in my face. My face can be very dry or very oily (depending on the weather). When my skin is dry it can get very patchy and it just looks horrible. When my face is oily it applies like a beauty but it only last for an hour or 2, after that it either slides of or looks like I'm wearing a mask. It does cover up redness quite well so I often use it as a concealer.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/16/2014 9:21:00 AM More reviews by KCSunny1

This stuff, well it's quite awful. I purchased it hoping it would be a lighter answer to traditional foundations. It is runny out of the tube, shockingly so - the packaging is not adequate for such a messy product and there is A LOT of it. I really have nothing fantastic to say about it. The light to medium color is so pale, even on my fair skin, I look embalmed after application. The texture is very hard to describe, almost waxy on your skin and needs to be washed from your hands with soap immediately after applying. Within an hour after leaving the house, my skin was a oil slick, much worse than any other "foundation" product I have ever used - ever. So oily in fact, I would spend much of the day continually wiping the oil from my forehead with a tissue. It's odd the back of this product states it is a sunscreen, that's all. Its terrible, save your money and if you want to try something that is far better, I recommend Maybelline Age Rewind as a far superior product. I just do not understand the BB Cream thing yet. They are not superior to or even lighter than traditional foundations, especially this one. I was not impressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2014 1:11:00 AM More reviews by jenjen182

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This BB cream is a life saver! I have acne prone combination skin, with lots of hyper pigmentation and acne scars, not to mention pale skin. I tried lots of different bb creams and could never find one that latest, matched my tone, and had a little more than sheer coverage. This bb cream had all that. I love using it with the beauty blender- it leaves a flawless finish. I don't even have to touch it up with powder, it lasts all day on it's own! I would recommend this to EVERYONE!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2014 2:54:00 PM More reviews by madein83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

(Reviewing for Light to Medium skin)

I actually purchased this because I was running out of the first one I had originally bought a year ago which is the original formula for normal to dry skin (which is my skin type). It's not as severely dry as it used to be but dry enough for makeup or BB cream to catch on dry patches if I don't exfoliate. When I first tried the original I kind of looked greasy so I really had to learn the 'less is more' rule for that particular formula. It's okay.. But since I don't really wear concealer much I was looking for more coverage. Obviously lol.

I know I have dry skin but I've heard so many reviews about how great this new formula is and how the coverage is so much more better than the original.. My skin hasn't been that bad lately, but during that hormonal time of the month, I need the coverage. So I did a lot of research before purchasing this and didn't really find any great reviews about how this works on dry skin UNTIL I saw a YouTube video by Megan McTaggart comparing the 2 formulas on her dry skin, and honestly that was the breaking point that made me decide to buy it.

It's supposed to be mattifying, however, it comes off semi matte for me and has a really natural finish (with awesome coverage, btw).

I'm not saying it will work for everyone with dry skin, but it definitely works for me. I'm in love and it's def. HG status. I hardly wear foundation anymore, especially during the summer.. and I live in Vegas so I don't want to have makeup melt off my face in this triple digit heat.. so I'm happy I bought this. 👌

(Side note for my dry skin gals: make sure you moisturize before you apply just like you would with any other product you'd apply on your face.)