Dior Hydra Life BB Creme

3.6

Active: Octinoxate (Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate) 3.75%, Titanium Dioxide 3.55%, Oxybenzone (Benzophenone -3) 1.00% Other: Aqua, Titanium Dioxide, Methyltrimethicone, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Glycerin, Isododecane, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Nylon 6/12, Alcohol, Iron Oxides, Betaine, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Aluminum Stearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Rosa Hybrid Flower Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ajuga Turkestanica Extract, Centella Asiatica Leaf Extract, Hyaluronic Acid, Iron Oxides, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Caprylyl Glycol, Alumina, Tocopheryl Acetate, Parfum (Fragrance), Propylene Carbonate, Iron Oxides, BHT, Aluminum Hydroxide, Citronellol, Limonene

on 3/7/2013 12:50:00 PM

I was surprised to find this to be a little too dark for my skin tone(NC20) , it makes my skin look orange/tanned. having said that, when I have worn it the texture and feel of it on my skin was so good and it did cover all the imperfections on my skin! Shame I can't use it, would have been perfect!

on 3/2/2013 8:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I have tried three different Korean BB creams and every single one of them have failed me.

This, however, has become a staple in my makeup collection.

This BB cream provides medium coverage, has beneficial skin care properties (just like the original Korean BB creams), and has a high SPF level.

I also find that this is AMAZING at controlling oils on my very oily skin. Even better than makeup forever's HD foundation (which is also a HG foundation for me).

This comes in only one shade, and it's more catered towards people with medium yellow skin. So if you are anywhere between an NC25-NC40 you're probably safe with this. I'm NC30-35 and this blends right into my skin.

Definitely recommend this, definitely gonna repurchase. LOVE!!

This product was given to me as a Christmas present from my boyfriend (after much nagging). I spent a while searching for the right BB cream. I didn't trust the original and traditional bb creams made by Korean or other Asian companies due to the poor regulation they have when it comes to harmful products in their make ups. Also, being an Asian woman but Westernised, I didn't want any bb creams that had whitening properties in it. Dior suited my skin in comparison to Bobby Brown (which was thick and grey).

On first impressions, Dior seems to work nicely - it's soft and dewy and leaves a nice glow. However, come 2 -3 hours later, and it feels horrible on your face. It feels heavy and it makes your skin very very oily. You definitely need a really good powder to set this. To be honest, for a product so damn expensive, $85, it should last longer than 2 -3 hours.

It really makes your skin feel horrible. I have been getting compliments whenever I wear it, but generally, if you're paying high, you should reap the rewards.

EDIT: THIS MADE ME BREAK OUT LIKE CRAAAZY.

on 2/25/2013 11:08:00 PM

I absolutely love love love this bb cream. Even though it only comes in one colour I have to say the match is perfect for me. I don't see how this would suit pale skin. It is very long wearing. the only downfall is the price.

I wish this product was available in a lighter shade to match my skin tone. I tried this but the shade is just far too dark and yellow. I am quite fair, so it just could not work. Maybe for a light olive skin tone this would be ideal...?

From the little I did try of this BB creme, I would say that it is quite nice. I wouldn't categorise this as a BB creme as it is nothing like the ones I typically use (from Asia). I would consider this to be a very nice foundation-like product. It had good coverage, went on smoothly and uniformly, felt nice on the skin and did not irritate me. The feel was light it set rapidly.

I would definitely recommend for the right match in skin tone, but it will not work for everyone due to the rich pigment.

on 1/29/2013 11:53:00 AM

This was my first foray into the world of BB creams so I can't compare it to any others though I've read countless reiews here of other BB creams. I absolutely love this product. I am amazed by the fact a tiny amount covers my entire face perfectly. It goes on very smoothly and blends flawlessly just using my fingers. I have tried blending with a foundation brush but it's not necessary. The color works perfectly for my light/medium olive toned skin and leaves a natural dewy finish. It covers imperfections very well and did not irritate my sensitive skin at all. My face feels very soft and has a subtle glow with this. I apply loose powder to set it and it lasts quite a while before I have to blot (which is necessary regardless of what I use) and looks great all day. The scent is faint to me and not at all offensive. This product has replaced my beloved Chanel foundations and I plan to use it indefinitely.

on 1/28/2013 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Eyes: Violet

I used to love the Hydra Life tinted noisturizer that was around four or five years ago. I believe I went through two full bottles, which is rare for me.
I also loved the Estee Lauder Daywear tinted moisturizer.
Then the BB cream craze started running around and suddenly all producers started re-editing their tinted moisturizer and baptizing them BB. But they aren't.
I had the chance to try the Hydra Life BB creme and I was positive it would be as good as its mum, but it was a huge disappointment instead.
I love the soft, balmy consistency of BBs (think Erborian, Garnier - my very favourite - Dr. Brandt and many others), but Hydra Life just feels like a regular foundation. Also, the colour is rather yellowish (think liver problems) and cakey and it turns into an unpleasant shiny sheen after an hour or so. Definitely not good for my T-Zone.
There are so many BBs in the market, but many are just bland formulations with a market strategy behind them. Too sad they are badly done reformulations of previously good products.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I was looking for bb creams with a sales lady recommended me this. Looking online, I see pretty decent reviews, so I let her put it on my clean face and went along with my day.

Let's start with pros:
- GREAT color for my skin. I'm about a NC 30-35 (30 now that its winter), and even though this is a one-size-fits-all color, it was absolutely a match for my skin.
- Looked good on my skin & filled up my pores

CONS:
- Definitely looked great on me and gave me a flawless finish BUT this only lasted like 4 hours before my face looked like it was dumped in oil!
- Too high coverage for me. I usually hate the "cake-face/foundation" look and this definitely had it.
- By 6 hours of wear, it looked like it was flaking off of my skin..? It looked so perfect just 5 hours earlier!!
- Too yellow for my liking and did not seem to neutralize my redness as much as I hoped

The sales lady told me this was very good for dry skin as it moisturizers while covers. I know that's what bb creams do, and this did make me feel skin moisturized, but within hours of wearing, it also made my skin look/feel like it was dipped in oil. I've never felt my skin reach that level of oily!

Overall, for the price, I am NOT willing to buy a bottle to take home and continue trying it. The high coverage was the least of my worries for this product. If it had stayed on well, I would have considered purchasing this despite the high coverage (I am looking for light/med coverage).

on 1/16/2013 6:21:00 AM

UPDATE AT THE END OF THIS REVIEW:

This is a decent quality product with a very high pricetag. I walked into Sephora on the hunt for a TM that better suits me for winter with combo, acne prone skin that gets oily throughout the day, however needs more moisture now. This is outside the norm for me because although I'll drop good money on skincare (sub $100), makeup is usually a DS purchase for me so this is comparing DS to premium.

The lady said "Why a TM, why not a bb cream?" to which I thought well, I don't know, why not? and she suggested this. My eyes immediately jumped to the price tag....where my brain did a "holy crap no way" to "well, if it's good enough it's worth it" to which I proceeded to put the sales person through the test of sales vs an honest recommendation on what's best for me. She passed.

Background: Based on what I've used in the past, I'm not sure I understand the craze of US BB creams (is it just me or isn't any TM with antioxidants and SPF...which many have been out in the market for years a BB cream???), nor do I believe the hype yet. I have used Olay's Definity in the past which was too oily and oxidized alot, and for the past few years have been using Neutrogena's Healthy Skin Enhancer TM with antioxidants, SPF 20, and retinol which are great ingredients and was fine by me at sub $15 bucks and a quick pickup at the local drugstore. However, I've added more retinol in my routine and it left me feeling dry throughout the winter days. Coverage was pretty sheer too, which finding something with a little more would have been a plus.

Enter this. The lady told me by looking at my skin this would work even though there is only one color. When I used it myself and pumped it onto my hand I thought she was wrong, but although it may be a smidge dark now, adding a sprinkle of bronzer on my chest will be just fine. With a little color on my face it would be a perfect match. I'm a fair redhead when I go into vampire mode with staying out of the sun and exfoliate all winter long, but I have warm undertones and can pull off a slightly deeper shade. If you are fairest of the fair, this won't work for you. Even if you're somewhat fair I recommend you ask the opinion of someone who'd know if it will work for you before buying it. The back-of-the hand test also wasn't very tell-tale because it looked way too dark for me because I didn't blend it as well as I would my face. You'll want to blend this in well.

The texture is just fabulous and I love the fresh scent. It is alot more watery/creamy than the Neutrogena and glides on quite well. It provides slightly more coverage too (sheer to medium), and seems buildable. I continue to use a moisturizer underneath as I did with the other product because it has beneficial ingredients that the Dior does not. The end look was a dewy but not oily even skin tone that looked natural and had staying power and kept me pretty hydrated all day long.

Would I recommend this? Sure. Is it great in alot of ways, yes. Is it $50 worth of great, I'm not sure about that. It seems to be a decent amount of product (takes 2 pumps to cover my face and neck with no building) but this would have to last me a lonnnnnng time or make my skin just look way improved makeup-less for me to justify the expense. It's better, for sure, but I have to say I feel guilty for not returning it.

UPDATE: I went through this entire bottle almost which has lasted me 6 months and would probably last me another one or two. I still stand by the fact that the texture is amazing and the coverage is great. However, I have combo skin and this is just WAY TOO OILY and the color oxidizes and is too orange. I come home after work and my face literally looks like it's shining like the sun. I do not recommend this for oily skin whatsoever. So sad because there were great things about it. I'm now trying Dr. Jart Premium which is cheaper and has a higher SPF, so I'll write a review on that.

on 1/13/2013 9:34:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

The reason I wanted to try this product was because I read it was a BB cream that promised moisturized, smoothed, even-colored and velvety soft skin WITHOUT parabens or sulfates. I had been using Garnier BB cream during the summer months and thought I'd give Hydra Life BB cream a try as I wanted more coverage for the winter months.

Here's what I discovered:

COLOR: I'm N15-20 with a slightly warm undertone and, on first glance, the shade of this product looked too orange for me. I did, however, want to see how it wore for a day and rubbed a small amount onto my skin, blending it out at the jawline. It surprised me how the color seemed to "work" with my skintone the more I rubbed it into my skin. I think I would have been happier with a shade that was lighter and less warm.

COVERAGE: I like the coverage of this product more than the Garnier BB cream, especially for winter wear. It was less sheer than Garnier and offered better coverage on the red areas around my nose.

WEAR: I've worn this product for several days now and have had no irritation from it. My skin was less oily than when I used both Garnier BB and regular cream foundation. After a full day's wear there was no flaking or streaking. It was easy to remove with my regular cream cleanser. The condition of my skin after removal was good.

I can't imagine Dior would not come out with more shades in the near future. If you have a product that does all it says it will do and a customer base that is much smaller than it should be MOSTLY because you only offer this great product on ONE shade, don't you think SOMEONE over there would take notice?

Wake up Dior!!!