Dior Hydra Life BB Creme

3.6

Active: Octinoxate (Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate) 3.75%, Titanium Dioxide 3.55%, Oxybenzone (Benzophenone -3) 1.00% Other: Aqua, Titanium Dioxide, Methyltrimethicone, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Glycerin, Isododecane, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Nylon 6/12, Alcohol, Iron Oxides, Betaine, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Aluminum Stearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Rosa Hybrid Flower Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ajuga Turkestanica Extract, Centella Asiatica Leaf Extract, Hyaluronic Acid, Iron Oxides, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Caprylyl Glycol, Alumina, Tocopheryl Acetate, Parfum (Fragrance), Propylene Carbonate, Iron Oxides, BHT, Aluminum Hydroxide, Citronellol, Limonene

on 3/31/2013 2:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

BEST FOR FLAWLESS COVERAGE!!!!

-This works amazingly for my highly reactive redness that I have on my face. I am currently trying to find a cheaper BB cream for traveling since I defiantly DO NOT want to lose this BB cream. Sadly, I cannot seem to find a BB cream with any comparable coverage to this BB cream so far.. :(

-I think some people may find this BB cream to be too "heavy and feel like a mask" on their skin because they are not applying it correctly. I found that this BB cream applys best with a airbrush, buffing brush to achieve a nearly flawless complexion without the cakey mess.
THIS IS A VERY THICK, HEAVY COVERAGE BB CREAM, THUS LESS IS MORE. With a buffing brush ( I use Sephora's #56 PRO flawless airbrush), I put about 1 pump of the bb cream on my hand and then dot it all around my face (focusing on the problem areas, cheeks) and then buff the bb cream into my skin. I then go over some areas that need more coverage. This has worked exactly like a foundation for me since it has such good coverage.
When i first tested this out at Sephora with a makeup consultant, I did find that it was a little cakey around my chin and side of my nose (where all foundation cakes for me). Everyone has a different way off applying this, but always apply lightly and build to avoid cakeyness. (lol)

-I must say that there is only one "shade", so darker or lighter complexions may not be able to use this. I also do find that I tend to get oily after about 6 hrs, but blotting papers do the trick and I don't get oily after.
-This does have a RADIANT FINISH, do matte lovers may not like this. I also tend to find it a bit TOO radiant when first applied, so I just dust some powder (physicians formula) and its fine. The result is a natural, glowing face that makes me look like I have "perfect skin". I mean "perfect" as in not supermodel fake skin that they use to promote products, but healthy looking skin. It'll make people think 'boy does she have GREAT SKIN!' rather than 'What a cake face! She looks like a wax model!"

-I must also say that I was surprised at how much coverage this BB cream gave me. BUT, my main reason for a BB cream is to cover very heavy hyper pigmentation and redness ( i am Very prone to flare ups), and not acne or scaring. I do find that it covers any redness from blemishes but does not conceal like a concealer (obviously since concealing is not its main purpose).
As a COMPARISON REVLON COLORSTAY, defiantly better on my sensitive, highly reactive skin. I tried the version for dry skin (which i have), but it didnt really show up at all on my face, It was like a tinted mosturizer (burn..... and im sorry for saying).
*"WHY YA GOTTA HATE!?!?!" you say?
Its just not for me coverage (just sunk into my skin and didnt show up really) and gentleness on my skin wise (made redness appear more).

The only big problem with this product is not with the actual content, but the price itself.
$$$$$ 56 $$$$$$!!!!
AIN'T NOBODY GOT THE TIME (and money) TO PAY THAT MUCH!!!!!

I do find that for the quality, it is worth it though.

It probably can be easily at least $10-25 cheaper if the label DIOR was not there. This is the only complain that I have.

ON A GOOD NOTE, since this BB cream is so heavy with coverage, using less will make the product last quite long. It also contains 1.7 fl oz, which is more than a standard foundation.

PROs:
- AWESOME COVERAGE!!!!!! (I mostly look at redness control after immediate application and after flareups)
- very moisturizing
- stays all day (BETTER THAN EVERY FOUNDATION I HAVE TRIED!!!! etc. Estee lauder double wear, clinque redness solutions, MUFE HD, UD naked foundation)
- does not irritate (etc. Estee Lauder stung on face)
-radiant glow (Very natural, may be TOO radiant but nothing powder wont fix)
- little to no scent

CONS:
- $$$PRICE$$$
$56 is A LOT, i know, but how much product you get and how little you need to use (and as well as the quality) makes up for it. Its mostly since its from DIOR so any brand name will guarantee a price boost.

Overall
BEST COVERAGE BB CREAM FOR REDNESS AND UNEVEN SKIN TONES.

*on a side note, everyone has their own SPECIFIC BB CREAM TO FIT THEIR OWN NEEDS. Weather you need it for redness or acne coverage, or just a light, lazy product where little time is needed to application, everyone's qualities of a BB cream are different.
I would suggest going to a makeup place (like sephora) and find a consultant that you KNOW AND TRUST and tell them your concerns and what you want to conceal.

*EVERYONE HAS A DIFFERENT REASON FOR WEARING MAKEUP, THAT'S WHY THEIR ARE DIFFERENT TYPES AND BRANDS SO PEOPLE CAN FIND THEIR MATCH TO MEET THEIR NEEDS (sorry for shouting lol but I have to get that across).
Try testing out different BB creams to find the best one for you, EVERY BB CREAM HAS ITS OWN PURPOSE, so almost none are too similar. ALL claim to do similar "miracles", but all are focused to help with a certain problem.
If all BB creams worked the same, WHY WOULD THEIR BE MULTIPLE BRANDS???

All BB creams work differently when it comes down to it. Yah so this BB cream may not work for you, so be patient, and experiment a little with other brands and who knows, maybe you'll find your perfect match.

;)

Thx for reading my SUPER long review and I appreciate it if you stuck it out to the end and read this! I may be a young teen, but I hope this is informative and sorry if some facts might not be accurate! Just based off what I know, thanks!

:D

on 3/21/2013 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

My initial reaction to this was that it was very runny. However, when I applied it to my skin, it matched my skin beautifully and blended well. I am a MAC NC30. It also has a nice, clean scent. My routine is that I apply the bb cream with clean fingers and set with MAC mineralize skinfinish powder.

I definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a nice bb cream.

on 3/7/2013 12:50:00 PM

I was surprised to find this to be a little too dark for my skin tone(NC20) , it makes my skin look orange/tanned. having said that, when I have worn it the texture and feel of it on my skin was so good and it did cover all the imperfections on my skin! Shame I can't use it, would have been perfect!

on 3/2/2013 8:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I have tried three different Korean BB creams and every single one of them have failed me.

This, however, has become a staple in my makeup collection.

This BB cream provides medium coverage, has beneficial skin care properties (just like the original Korean BB creams), and has a high SPF level.

I also find that this is AMAZING at controlling oils on my very oily skin. Even better than makeup forever's HD foundation (which is also a HG foundation for me).

This comes in only one shade, and it's more catered towards people with medium yellow skin. So if you are anywhere between an NC25-NC40 you're probably safe with this. I'm NC30-35 and this blends right into my skin.

Definitely recommend this, definitely gonna repurchase. LOVE!!

This product was given to me as a Christmas present from my boyfriend (after much nagging). I spent a while searching for the right BB cream. I didn't trust the original and traditional bb creams made by Korean or other Asian companies due to the poor regulation they have when it comes to harmful products in their make ups. Also, being an Asian woman but Westernised, I didn't want any bb creams that had whitening properties in it. Dior suited my skin in comparison to Bobby Brown (which was thick and grey).

On first impressions, Dior seems to work nicely - it's soft and dewy and leaves a nice glow. However, come 2 -3 hours later, and it feels horrible on your face. It feels heavy and it makes your skin very very oily. You definitely need a really good powder to set this. To be honest, for a product so damn expensive, $85, it should last longer than 2 -3 hours.

It really makes your skin feel horrible. I have been getting compliments whenever I wear it, but generally, if you're paying high, you should reap the rewards.

EDIT: THIS MADE ME BREAK OUT LIKE CRAAAZY.

on 2/25/2013 11:08:00 PM

I absolutely love love love this bb cream. Even though it only comes in one colour I have to say the match is perfect for me. I don't see how this would suit pale skin. It is very long wearing. the only downfall is the price.

I wish this product was available in a lighter shade to match my skin tone. I tried this but the shade is just far too dark and yellow. I am quite fair, so it just could not work. Maybe for a light olive skin tone this would be ideal...?

From the little I did try of this BB creme, I would say that it is quite nice. I wouldn't categorise this as a BB creme as it is nothing like the ones I typically use (from Asia). I would consider this to be a very nice foundation-like product. It had good coverage, went on smoothly and uniformly, felt nice on the skin and did not irritate me. The feel was light it set rapidly.

I would definitely recommend for the right match in skin tone, but it will not work for everyone due to the rich pigment.

on 1/29/2013 11:53:00 AM

This was my first foray into the world of BB creams so I can't compare it to any others though I've read countless reiews here of other BB creams. I absolutely love this product. I am amazed by the fact a tiny amount covers my entire face perfectly. It goes on very smoothly and blends flawlessly just using my fingers. I have tried blending with a foundation brush but it's not necessary. The color works perfectly for my light/medium olive toned skin and leaves a natural dewy finish. It covers imperfections very well and did not irritate my sensitive skin at all. My face feels very soft and has a subtle glow with this. I apply loose powder to set it and it lasts quite a while before I have to blot (which is necessary regardless of what I use) and looks great all day. The scent is faint to me and not at all offensive. This product has replaced my beloved Chanel foundations and I plan to use it indefinitely.

on 1/28/2013 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Eyes: Violet

I used to love the Hydra Life tinted noisturizer that was around four or five years ago. I believe I went through two full bottles, which is rare for me.
I also loved the Estee Lauder Daywear tinted moisturizer.
Then the BB cream craze started running around and suddenly all producers started re-editing their tinted moisturizer and baptizing them BB. But they aren't.
I had the chance to try the Hydra Life BB creme and I was positive it would be as good as its mum, but it was a huge disappointment instead.
I love the soft, balmy consistency of BBs (think Erborian, Garnier - my very favourite - Dr. Brandt and many others), but Hydra Life just feels like a regular foundation. Also, the colour is rather yellowish (think liver problems) and cakey and it turns into an unpleasant shiny sheen after an hour or so. Definitely not good for my T-Zone.
There are so many BBs in the market, but many are just bland formulations with a market strategy behind them. Too sad they are badly done reformulations of previously good products.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I was looking for bb creams with a sales lady recommended me this. Looking online, I see pretty decent reviews, so I let her put it on my clean face and went along with my day.

Let's start with pros:
- GREAT color for my skin. I'm about a NC 30-35 (30 now that its winter), and even though this is a one-size-fits-all color, it was absolutely a match for my skin.
- Looked good on my skin & filled up my pores

CONS:
- Definitely looked great on me and gave me a flawless finish BUT this only lasted like 4 hours before my face looked like it was dumped in oil!
- Too high coverage for me. I usually hate the "cake-face/foundation" look and this definitely had it.
- By 6 hours of wear, it looked like it was flaking off of my skin..? It looked so perfect just 5 hours earlier!!
- Too yellow for my liking and did not seem to neutralize my redness as much as I hoped

The sales lady told me this was very good for dry skin as it moisturizers while covers. I know that's what bb creams do, and this did make me feel skin moisturized, but within hours of wearing, it also made my skin look/feel like it was dipped in oil. I've never felt my skin reach that level of oily!

Overall, for the price, I am NOT willing to buy a bottle to take home and continue trying it. The high coverage was the least of my worries for this product. If it had stayed on well, I would have considered purchasing this despite the high coverage (I am looking for light/med coverage).