November 26, 2014 | 1743 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2014 5:21:00 PM More reviews by PinkPuma

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this foundation. I like the coverage the original colorstay but I think this has a better finish to it. It doesn't come in the different formulas, oily/combo or dry skin. Atleast not that I could find. But this seems to work just fine. I got the color early tan and was worried that I'd have to return it because when I put it on it looked too dark, but it blended perfectly with my skin tone. It has great coverage and nice finish. I never set my foundations with powder so I don't know if this will look better or worse with powder. It doesn't sweat off, smear or wear off during my day. It doesn't feel greasy or oily either. I really recommend this to anyone

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2014 10:56:00 AM More reviews by fabmac1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

First off, i have hyper-sensitive skin. Everything break me out. 2nd, I have dry/combo skin which means that right after i wash my face, my skin feels tight and dry. By the end of the day, my face is "normal"... NOT oily. This makes a huge difference in how this foundation will apply on your skin and how well it holds up. I have worn this a couple times and it hasn't broken me out. Also, this does contain salicylic acid which is known to help treat and prevent break outs. On the down side, it can be drying on the skin. I just moisturize very well first before applying this foundation.

I was very curious about this foundation since it's a cream and I love CREAM foundations. This feels very smooth and silky on the skin. It does feel a bit tacky right after you apply it (i might be in the minority here, but i actually don't mind it, and LIKE the feeling lol). I do not set this with a setting powder since as i mentioned, my skin is dry and I don't feel i need to. The amazing thing about this product is that it looks even BETTER after several hours of wear! When first applied, i felt it look OK. Nothing great. BUTafter about the 7-8hr mark, I checked in the mirror and my face looked poreless and flawless!! I only use a very LIGHT layer of this foundation so i can totally see how some would say it's thick and heavy if you apply too much. I never touch up my makeup throughout the day so I don't know how well it holds up to repeated powdering.

I bought this in #320 Warm Golden and I'm about a Mac 25 (in the winter), 30 (in the summer). I have more cooler undertones in my face, but my neck is more yellow toned. I typically buy foundations that match my neck rather than my face otherwise it looks like i'm wearing a mask...and i hate that look. #320 has more yellow undertones out of all the lighter shades so i picked this up. Also, after watching many YouTube vids, I concluded that it would be best for me and it matches my skin PERFECTLY!!! I did a test and only applied this foundation to some areas of my face. It blended so well that the only way i was able to tell where i had applied foundation was that area that had foundation looked flawless!!!

This foundation also photographs BEAUTIFULLY!!!

I use my fingers to apply this foundation and then use a brush to buff it out and blend. I typically don't like using fingers to apply products but i read that you get the best results using fingers to apply this particular foundation.

***I also LOVE that this does NOT have any SPF!!!! I can't wear anything with SPF cuz it breaks me out like crazy!!! and i'm talking about cystic acne - which is really really annoying cuz it takes a while for them to go away.

Lastly, I hear ppl complain about the jar packaging being heavy and it being unsanitary. Once again, i do not mind it. I don't plan on toting this around with me so the fact that it's so heavy isn't an issue for me. Also, I always use a spatula or something to scoop out what i need rather than just sticking my fingers in jar every time.

***UPDATE*** I have already purchased a backup of this when it was on sale!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2014 1:50:00 PM More reviews by skyluv

Feels like your wearing a mask and is very cakey. Although it does stay on all day and is full coverage, it dosnt look natural at all and it almost "sticky" after application. Its also transfers onto every thing (clothing, phones, evveerryyttthinnggg). Switched to covergirl outlast 3 in1 foundation (my Hg)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2014 10:39:00 AM More reviews by Pogopug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Applicator/Packaging: 3/5 for a neutral vote.
Chunky container. Use your fingers for best results anyway.

Feel: 3/4
It's an all-day wear, 24 hours, and it will last. As such it is not light, but it is also not horribly heavy. I did find it OILY and STICKY on its own so I RECOMMEND A FINISHING POWDER.

Coverage: 5/5
Pristine. I have everything in my complexion from bruised to baby and after application it was completely uniform.

Overall:
Getting the shade right with this is practically impossible.
I got a "Sand" colour on recommendation of an assistant and it turned me completely yellow. It's a shame I can't use this again because the product is otherwise fantastic with the exception of being a little $marked-up.

Yes I would recommend this product, but I would also recommend a THOROUGH testing in different lights with the testers before purchasing!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2014 3:50:00 AM More reviews by lauraaalynn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

One of my most repurchased foundations. My oily/combination skin enjoys this most without being set with a powder. I apply with clean fingertips and blend with a beautyblender. It gives a satiny finish, not matte or dewy. I also love the packaging, it's heavy and vintage feeling.. Plus, you never have wasted product that you can't get out.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/3/2014 9:05:00 PM More reviews by HelenB16

Thought I liked it but unfortunately it broke me out badly. It felt nice though but a foundation that leaves you with huge cysts isn't a holy grail...hopefully someone else has a better experience. I wouldn't recommend for acne prone/ acne sufferers.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2014 12:36:00 AM More reviews by sbushby

I LOVE this foundation. I have very temperamental skin, but for the most part it's oily. i have quite large pores, blackheads, occasionally a large pimple and some leftover scars. my skin tone is quite uneven and there is absolutely no way i would feel comfortable walking out of the house without foundation on my face. ive tried probably all of the drugstore brands available in priceline (in australia) and even different revlon foundations, i just keep coming back to this. it covers my face perfectly, i always get comments from my friends saying "what on earth is on your face because you look like you're photoshopped". i can even wear it without a finishing powder, just some bronzer or blush and i dont get oily at all. i feel it's quite a heavy foundation but it doesn't look it. it doesn't irritate my skin, it doesn't conflict with any other makeup products i use. i honestly cannot sing it's praises enough! my mum also uses it, she has the same skin as i do but obviously is a bit older, she also loves it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2014 4:50:00 PM More reviews by ScarlettBlonde

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've spent hundreds on high end/low end foundations. This is the only one that works. I've had topical chemo on my face so I have redness, large pores, old acne scarring ie- problem skin with no money for plastic surgery. This foundation is as close to perfect as I'll get.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/29/2014 9:40:00 AM More reviews by hbranham

I was so excited to try this makeup and was fully expecting to love it. However, this failed in so many ways.

1. Packaging - This jar is bulky and inconvenient.

2. Color Selection - It is very hard to pick the appropriate color with this foundation. They don't have very many options (at least not in my store). I tried a few different shades and I kept feeling like something was just so off about the way I looked. After a few days I realized it is because my skin is neutral, with yellow and pink undertones, however a foundation with even the tiniest bit of pink never looks good on me. I look yellow. With all of the shades I tried (even the ones I had seen were "neutral"), they were ALL SLIGHTLY PINK. Disaster.

3. Thick and makeup-y - This is a medium to full coverage makeup. I have worn full coverage makeup on many occasions (I don't daily). This doesn't even look great on the skin in sunlight. Indoors, assuming you can find a color match, it will probably look great. Go outside and you will look ridiculously unnatural. It's horrible. Very mask-y, makeup-y - not a good look.

I want makeup that makes my complexion look even and beautiful and fresh. This is none of those things. So disappointed - I really wanted to like this.

The good - staying power. Once you put this on, it is NOT going anywhere until you are ready to wash it off. You can even rub your face throughout the day without messing it up one bit. This alone is definitely not enough to make me like it.

I gave it a two because of the staying power. For you ladies who are pink or slightly pink and can find a match - it might work. And maybe it wouldn't look horrible outdoors if it were a perfect match. I don't know.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2014 5:51:00 PM More reviews by gsueagles2015

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love, love, love this product! I bought it in shade Nude and it blends so well into my skin. You only need a TINY amount of product. When I put it on early in the monrning, it still looks great at night. It feels light weight and it makes my skin feel smooth and soft. I would definitely buy it again!