April 20, 2014 | 922 users online

Lips - Revlon - Just Bitten Kissable Stain Balm - Crush

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 4:58:00 PM More reviews by vampirachy

I really love this product and also have it in the colour honey. The dark berry purple looks good against my very fair skin, on pale skin it is slightly gothic but i a way that i enjoy. It has very good pigmentation and really does stan and stay on all day, avoiding the problem of dark lipsticks wearing off strangely. Would definately recomend.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by chaumein

I have several other sticks in different colours, and decided to buy these after seeing how beautiful it looked on internet reviewers. I thought I would be getting a lovely berry colour, perfect for the fall. Instead it really darkens my skin tone and makes me look like a goth/vampy look. I'm really disappointed at how dark it looks on my lips.

Your original lip colour is really going to be a deciding factor on whether Crush will look good on you.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2013 9:17:00 PM More reviews by makeup4evrchristine

I absolutely adore this shade! It is the perfect elegant, romantic shade of lip stain for those who want a shade of lipstick that is deep, but not too obnoxiously red or orange based. I got this at Target for $7.49, which is reasonably priced. Here are some pros and cons about this product:

Pros:
-very pigmented
-goes on smoothly, not chalky
-can twist up more product (no sharpening)
-long wearing, won't rub off through meals

Cons:
-Can be quite drying
-limited color selection (other than Crush)
-Not an everyday shade
-stain can last up until the next day (that's how long lasting it is!)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 2:03:00 PM More reviews by MadHungarian

Both the color and texture are beautiful. I have light skin and dark hair and this shade just absolutely brightens me up. It lasts from when I put my makeup on in the morning until lunch and the from when I put it on after lunch until evening. Someone mentioned that peppermint is an irritant but it really depends on the person. For some people, it has soothing qualities. I fall in that category. I have a hard time with some lipsticks (cover girl, Estée Lauder), but this stuff is smooth, moisturizing, and doesn't cause any problems at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 1:17:00 PM More reviews by rhildo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I adore this colour, it is very buildable, looking nice when applied minimally or when built up to a more opaque colour. It is fairly moisturising, making it very wearable, and I often find myself reaching for it over other lipsticks because it has a good balance betwen hydration and pigment. Plus, the colour lasts longer than the balm, I find it lasts a good 6hrs with some fading. I find that the colour works very well with my skin tone, and due to the translucency of the product, I can imagine that it would work well with many different skin tones, allowing some natural colour of the lip show through.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2013 9:35:00 PM More reviews by Integra97

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this on an impulse when I was in my local drugstore, hoping that it might be a less expensive alternative to a favorite Clinique chubby stick that I had run out of. This was 9.99 in my local drugstore, not cheap but quite a bit cheaper than the $16 for a Clinique chubby stick. My conclusion is - this just isn't as good. On my initial use of the product I was totally turned off by the strong minty scent, I just don't want my lipstick to smell minty. Then I had trouble getting an even application on my lips - there was more stain in some places and less in others, it would probably help to exfoliate your lips before using this. I do like the color though, and the stain lasts all day to some extent, so that much is good. Compared to the Clinique chubby stick intense that I bought this to replace - the color lasts longer, but the balm isn't as balmy. With the Clinique my lips feel nice and moisturized all day. This product seems to actually dry my lips out. The best way I have found to use this product is with a little bit of sheer gloss or lip balm over it. That spreads the tint around a little more and adds a little shine to it. So I will use this up, with a layer of Clinique superbalm over it, but will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2013 11:04:00 PM More reviews by Neelaaaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have olive, Indian skin, NC35 for reference!

I bought this lip stain without seeing too many reviews from people with my skin tone and was worried It would look too harsh. I was wrong! This is a deep berry purple color and theres no right way to describe it since it looks different on everyone honestly. I love the way this looks on my skin tone though. If you apply it with a normal "hand" (not sure how to describe that) you'll get this rich color. I tend to blot the heck out of mine just to skip all of the nonsense and to see the stain color that I want from this product. I don't like lipsticks nor do I wear them but sometimes I want color in my lips.IF you have pigmented lips, this is one of the better colors to achieve a stain with!

* I recommend exfoliating your lips gently with either a soft toothbrush or some sugar mixed with equal amount of honey for a mini lip scrub! This makes sure that the stain is absorbed evenly for a preeeeety color!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2013 11:46:00 AM More reviews by Meriel65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

These days as I age, I find I need sheer formulas with little to no shimmer to work with my lips' tone and condition. I thought this would be great; they rate fairly highly depending on the shade.

I wanted to love this but there are some serious defects. First and foremost: the peppermint. Nope. Not a good idea EVER to put anywhere on your body. People seem to love the fresh-feeling "tingle" and thing it is good for them. NOT ON YOUR LIFE. Peppermint is an irritant (that's what the tingle is actually) and drying and photosensitizing. If you must have any of the mints, have it in a nice cup of tea while reading a good book.

Second: the color. It started off lovely for me, a nice cool pink-berry, but as described in some other shades, the color morphed into this lurid fuschia that might be OK on a braver soul but I just hate it. Maybe the pigments react to a person's chemistry in some way, so that the color stays true on some, but on others, Bazinga! you get some weird neon occurance you totally weren't prepared for. So maybe I'll have to swap this or give it away. I'd consider another shade but for the peppermint. It kills my lips and I wish cosmetic formulations would just skip it entirely (Burt's Bees: I'm talking to you, you should know better).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2013 10:56:00 AM More reviews by Merina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The color is quite unique. It's a plummy/wine/hot pink shade on me. Goes on smoothly upon application although I hate the chubby stick. Don't really want to whip that out in public. The color lasts A LONG time. I ate breakfast and drank coffee and the color was still on 3.5 hours later. I did have to touch up in one corner, but otherwise it looked exactly the same (even along the inner "ring" of your lips that actually touch the cup). It did make my lips look a little dried out/crumbly as the day progressed, but overall I am quite impressed with these Kissable stains! I quite enjoy the mint flavor in them and plan on collecting more colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2013 2:15:00 AM More reviews by katielester

I absolutely adore this product! It's the perfect mix between lipstick and gloss. Every time I wear it I get many compliments and people constantly asking me what it is and where I got it. I bought a comparable product from Clinique was found that this one is a much better formula (not to mention, a much better price!!). Cannot wait to buy this product in other shades.