Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Stain Balm - Crush

4.2

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is my 6th color from this line, and I'm a little bummed. This line is full of bright, fun, happy colors, but where are the deep, moody fall/winter colors? I wanted a purple that would rival Revlon's Black Cherry and this was the closest one, but this is far too bright for the colder months. The swatched images don't match what Crush looked like on me--for reference, I'm NC40, olive tones, dark hair, blue eyes.

That said...if I had tried this color six months ago, I would have loved it. It's just that I already own three other colors from this line that are bright and playful, I'm kinda over it.

on 9/4/2013 8:51:00 PM

I really like this lip stain! It's smooth and light and doesn't leave an awful color behind. It does tend to get a little dry after a few hours but a quick swipe of chapstick is the obvious solution. While some may disagree, I personally love the minty smell and feeling. I think it's very refreshing. The color is a lovely deep berry red that is perfect for the fall dark red trend. I think the subtly vamp-y look is gorgeous. But only of my only issues with it is that the dark, almost wine color tends to wear off for me and the reapplication gives me a more pinkish-fuchsia color, which still looks nice but not really the look I'm going for. All in all, I love the Revlon Lip Balm Stains and look forward to trying out more colors

on 7/25/2013 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love this!

- I took a chance and it actually worked really well on my fair skin (even though it looked a little gothic in the store).
- The colour is totally buildable for day to night wear, and has relatively good staying power for the price.
- The product is more of a stain than a balm but a layer of your favourite chap stick on top can prevent any of the drying effects mentioned by previous reviewers.

I'm happy with my purchase :)

on 6/30/2013 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Lasts longer than the other kissable balm stains. But it's very dehydrating, and settles into fine lines unfortunately

on 6/29/2013 4:58:00 PM

I really love this product and also have it in the colour honey. The dark berry purple looks good against my very fair skin, on pale skin it is slightly gothic but i a way that i enjoy. It has very good pigmentation and really does stan and stay on all day, avoiding the problem of dark lipsticks wearing off strangely. Would definately recomend.

on 5/29/2013 8:20:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have several other sticks in different colours, and decided to buy these after seeing how beautiful it looked on internet reviewers. I thought I would be getting a lovely berry colour, perfect for the fall. Instead it really darkens my skin tone and makes me look like a goth/vampy look. I'm really disappointed at how dark it looks on my lips.

Your original lip colour is really going to be a deciding factor on whether Crush will look good on you.

I absolutely adore this shade! It is the perfect elegant, romantic shade of lip stain for those who want a shade of lipstick that is deep, but not too obnoxiously red or orange based. I got this at Target for $7.49, which is reasonably priced. Here are some pros and cons about this product:

Pros:
-very pigmented
-goes on smoothly, not chalky
-can twist up more product (no sharpening)
-long wearing, won't rub off through meals

Cons:
-Can be quite drying
-limited color selection (other than Crush)
-Not an everyday shade
-stain can last up until the next day (that's how long lasting it is!)

on 4/15/2013 2:03:00 PM

Both the color and texture are beautiful. I have light skin and dark hair and this shade just absolutely brightens me up. It lasts from when I put my makeup on in the morning until lunch and the from when I put it on after lunch until evening. Someone mentioned that peppermint is an irritant but it really depends on the person. For some people, it has soothing qualities. I fall in that category. I have a hard time with some lipsticks (cover girl, Estée Lauder), but this stuff is smooth, moisturizing, and doesn't cause any problems at all.

on 4/15/2013 1:17:00 PM

I adore this colour, it is very buildable, looking nice when applied minimally or when built up to a more opaque colour. It is fairly moisturising, making it very wearable, and I often find myself reaching for it over other lipsticks because it has a good balance betwen hydration and pigment. Plus, the colour lasts longer than the balm, I find it lasts a good 6hrs with some fading. I find that the colour works very well with my skin tone, and due to the translucency of the product, I can imagine that it would work well with many different skin tones, allowing some natural colour of the lip show through.

on 4/13/2013 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this on an impulse when I was in my local drugstore, hoping that it might be a less expensive alternative to a favorite Clinique chubby stick that I had run out of. This was 9.99 in my local drugstore, not cheap but quite a bit cheaper than the $16 for a Clinique chubby stick. My conclusion is - this just isn't as good. On my initial use of the product I was totally turned off by the strong minty scent, I just don't want my lipstick to smell minty. Then I had trouble getting an even application on my lips - there was more stain in some places and less in others, it would probably help to exfoliate your lips before using this. I do like the color though, and the stain lasts all day to some extent, so that much is good. Compared to the Clinique chubby stick intense that I bought this to replace - the color lasts longer, but the balm isn't as balmy. With the Clinique my lips feel nice and moisturized all day. This product seems to actually dry my lips out. The best way I have found to use this product is with a little bit of sheer gloss or lip balm over it. That spreads the tint around a little more and adds a little shine to it. So I will use this up, with a layer of Clinique superbalm over it, but will not repurchase.