April 17, 2014 | 1845 users online

Lips - Revlon - Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - Lovesick

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2013 12:20:00 PM More reviews by seroled

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this color and I have more revlon lippies than any other brand. They do not disappoint. I apply a little concealer on lips to even out my skin tone and apply NYX lip liner in plum. They look great together. The color is buildable so you can go as sheer or as bright as you like.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 11:54:00 PM More reviews by Savvy4

First I need to explain that I am an absolute lip product junkie...like I really believe I have an addiction. Putting on lipstick or any lip color really brings me more joy than my heating blanket does... and that say A LOT! . I really don't write that many reviews but I feel like I have many great things to say about this product.

Having said that, I have tried SO many lip product....always searching for the "one". From super expensive brands all the way to drug store brands....well ladies, this product IS the one. Not only is this formula super smooth and refreshing (due to the mint)..it literally lasts forever. I put this one before I go to work and it lasts ALL day. I am a teacher...I talk all day long...along with being a teacher...I drink plenty of water and coffee to stay alive throughout the day. Even with the eight cups of coffee and the bottles of water....and the snacks :)...this stuff stays PUT! it really is amazing. Even when I try to rub this stuff off it stays on!! I bought all of the colors expect the nude colors (precious and charm) due to the fact that I just don't like a nude lip. All of the other colors are simply amazing. Many of the pink colors are very bright and I find the darker colors last the longest. The darkest colors in the line which also have lots of red in them (romantic and adore) also are beautiful colors.

I just really wanted to write this review because I feel that anyone who is on the fence about buying this product really needs to try it out. I bought into the revlon lip butter craze...which I also love...especially candy apple:) This stuff, being a stain, seems to be better for me...just because of my job and the amount of talking I do... I dont want to be constantly reapplying. With this stuff I don't have to for the WHOLE day! Its remarkable.

Having said all of this- fire and ice lipstick by revlon is another one of my fav's :) classic vintage red !

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2013 12:44:00 AM More reviews by littleann818

This lipstain is really moisturizing and hydrating and pigmentation is decent. Doesn't last forever though, probably a couple of hours if you're lucky. But I like the formulation. If you have the revlon lip butter in lollipop, they are very similar in color...you probably do not need to own both...hope this helps!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2013 7:05:00 AM More reviews by misscoutureland

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE THIS! lasts for hours, even after eating and drinking. Colour is perfect for brightening up my dull complexion. very easy to apply.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2013 9:10:00 PM More reviews by iluvmac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought 3 of these Revlon balms and I almost took Cherish back before I tried it. Ironically, it is my favorite of all three. I have pale skin and darkly pigmented lips. Lovesick balm goes on very bright. I apply and blot. Then I apply gloss or lipstick and gloss. Of the colors I tried, Lovesick and Smitten go on garishly bright and if not blotted and subdued look whorish. On me, Cherish appears semi sheer and natural. I was also surprised that the mintiness didn't cause me to have an irritated or allergic reaction. The balm is somewhat drying. I would use moisturizing lip products in conjunction with it.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2013 5:58:00 AM More reviews by Gossers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted so badly to like this, but this just didn't work with my lips. The minty flavor was refreshing, but everything after that was a mess. The color just didn't settle into my lips well and seemed to bring out yellow/brownish undertones in my skin. It also transferred onto my teeth, which never happens even when I wear red lipstick. I wanted to use this as an everyday, apply on the fly lip color, but it just seems too high maintenance.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 1:00:00 AM More reviews by Rhonda2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Perfect blue based fuschia for nw20-35 skin tones. It really goes well with my cotton candy blushes. Perfect spring lip. I also own crush, which is a much darker berry. The two shades are extremely similar, but I find as winter goes on, and I become paler, that lovesick is the perfect statement lip, as opposed to crush.

This is also a great dupe for tarte's lips stains. They're identical down to the scent. I purchase these from revlon now. The stain itself stays on 4-6 hours. I like to apply it like a lipstick, tissue off so a stain is left behind, and just dab it on center of my lip. Looks like I've eaten a berry.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 6:00:00 PM More reviews by BunnyHopkins

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Lovesick is the answer to an (ex)Maiden’s Prayer: Please, goddess, send me the perfect bright fuschia Pink Nouveau for evening, in a format that won’t: 1) immediately transfer onto my wine glass leaving a garishly smeared rim, nor 2) wear away so totally over dinner that by the time some cheerful person inevitably says “Say cheese!’ my lipstick – and therefore my makeup - will be totally missing in action.

No previous stain has given me the color control of these fabulous crayons. Most stains tend to turn the same shade of cherry red on me. Or they just wimp out, no better than your average lipstick for durability.

But these crayons are different; they leave behind a respectable representation of their original color as stain, allowing you to look well turned out even if you didn’t go sprinting into the Ladies’ between courses. Heaven.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2012 3:00:00 PM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Very bright fuschia color. This color varies depending on your natural lip shade. On me it's a dark fuschia... on others it's brighter. Very nice. These are my FAVORITE lip product. They are comfortable on the lips. Smell nice. No unpleasant taste. The best part is they ACTUALLY STAIN MY LIPS! All over stains I've tried not only dry the hell out of my lips and are uncomfortable, but they don't stain.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2012 11:51:00 AM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Lovesick is a well-pigmented glossy, hot pink shade. I do really like the shade, but it is lighter and brighter on me, compared to the shade that Emma Stone is wearing in the above ad - we both have fair skin, so I'm not sure what is going on there; either Emma has very pigmented lips, or someone went overboard with touch-ups in Revlon's marketing department.

Just Bitten Kissable Lip Balm Stain ensures that my lips are kept hydrated and flake free during cold weather and central heating. And, true to it's name, not only is it a effective balm, but the colour actually does wear like a traditionally drying lip stain - it stays put for hours, through both eating and drinking.

I can't believe that it took me so long to try these stains; I wear them all of the time, now that I do have them and they have quickly become my favourite lip product. They remind me of Tarte's Lip Surgences, but these are better as they wear for much longer, they don't melt in the tube and the caps don't crack, making a mess in my bags - not to mention that Tarte isn't officially sold in the UK.

I want go on to buy every shade of these balm stains, as I love the three that I own, so hopefully all of the shades will be released in the UK soon.