Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - Lovesick

4.4

I absolutely adore this product! I first bought it late last year as id seen a review on youtube about it and thought id give it a go. I was also looking for a bright lip as id always worn nude pinks before and as the girl in the video had fair skin like myself I thought it might suit me. The packaging is bright and is alot like the clinique chubby sticks although not as expensive! The product itself is just like a large crayon and lasts for ages! The balm glides on easily and allows you to build depending on how bright you would like it to be. I couldn't believe how incredibly moisturisng and bright this product was! The pigmentation is unbelievable and lasts throughout the day even whilst eating and drinking. I have recieved many compliments on this colour and love to wear it during the day as it brightens the whole face or at night for a glam look. I also like to put the revlon pink pop lipgloss over it sometimes to make the colour more glossy if going out at night. This is by far the best balm stain I have ever purchased cant wait to try out the other colours!!

on 4/4/2013 12:57:00 AM

WOW...I'm suprised at the pigmentation this has! I just got this today in Lovesick-a bright fuschia pink that is gorgeous. It definitely reminds me of Clinique Chubby Stick as far as the packaging...but the comparision stops there. These are waaay better! This lasts longer, leaves a beautiful stain, has more pigmentation, better colors(imo), and a much better price point. i got it at Target for $7.50 and I am, without a doubt, going back for Darling and Honey! Recommended FOR SURE!

on 3/18/2013 8:55:00 AM

I absolutely love this product! I bought two of them last week on buy one get one 1/2 off in boots, so I got the two for 11 which I thought was pretty good, but they are a little pricey on their own. But, I suppose you pay for what you get as these are fantastic!
The colours are beautiful, and there is a really great choice, I got lovesick and cherish, which is a really pretty pale barbie pink.
They stay on for hours! I never have to reapply these, and have to scrub them, off my lips at the end of the day, so they really are a stain!
They also smell AMAZING. They smell like mint which is so refreshing on your lips!
Also, I love that you can twist these up, so you don't have to sharpen them as thats just a hassle!!
Overall, amazing product!

on 3/6/2013 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I love this color and I have more revlon lippies than any other brand. They do not disappoint. I apply a little concealer on lips to even out my skin tone and apply NYX lip liner in plum. They look great together. The color is buildable so you can go as sheer or as bright as you like.

on 2/17/2013 11:54:00 PM

First I need to explain that I am an absolute lip product junkie...like I really believe I have an addiction. Putting on lipstick or any lip color really brings me more joy than my heating blanket does... and that say A LOT! . I really don't write that many reviews but I feel like I have many great things to say about this product.

Having said that, I have tried SO many lip product....always searching for the "one". From super expensive brands all the way to drug store brands....well ladies, this product IS the one. Not only is this formula super smooth and refreshing (due to the mint)..it literally lasts forever. I put this one before I go to work and it lasts ALL day. I am a teacher...I talk all day long...along with being a teacher...I drink plenty of water and coffee to stay alive throughout the day. Even with the eight cups of coffee and the bottles of water....and the snacks :)...this stuff stays PUT! it really is amazing. Even when I try to rub this stuff off it stays on!! I bought all of the colors expect the nude colors (precious and charm) due to the fact that I just don't like a nude lip. All of the other colors are simply amazing. Many of the pink colors are very bright and I find the darker colors last the longest. The darkest colors in the line which also have lots of red in them (romantic and adore) also are beautiful colors.

I just really wanted to write this review because I feel that anyone who is on the fence about buying this product really needs to try it out. I bought into the revlon lip butter craze...which I also love...especially candy apple:) This stuff, being a stain, seems to be better for me...just because of my job and the amount of talking I do... I dont want to be constantly reapplying. With this stuff I don't have to for the WHOLE day! Its remarkable.

Having said all of this- fire and ice lipstick by revlon is another one of my fav's :) classic vintage red !

on 2/15/2013 12:44:00 AM

This lipstain is really moisturizing and hydrating and pigmentation is decent. Doesn't last forever though, probably a couple of hours if you're lucky. But I like the formulation. If you have the revlon lip butter in lollipop, they are very similar in color...you probably do not need to own both...hope this helps!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

LOVE THIS! lasts for hours, even after eating and drinking. Colour is perfect for brightening up my dull complexion. very easy to apply.

on 2/6/2013 9:10:00 PM

I bought 3 of these Revlon balms and I almost took Cherish back before I tried it. Ironically, it is my favorite of all three. I have pale skin and darkly pigmented lips. Lovesick balm goes on very bright. I apply and blot. Then I apply gloss or lipstick and gloss. Of the colors I tried, Lovesick and Smitten go on garishly bright and if not blotted and subdued look whorish. On me, Cherish appears semi sheer and natural. I was also surprised that the mintiness didn't cause me to have an irritated or allergic reaction. The balm is somewhat drying. I would use moisturizing lip products in conjunction with it.

on 2/3/2013 5:58:00 AM

I wanted so badly to like this, but this just didn't work with my lips. The minty flavor was refreshing, but everything after that was a mess. The color just didn't settle into my lips well and seemed to bring out yellow/brownish undertones in my skin. It also transferred onto my teeth, which never happens even when I wear red lipstick. I wanted to use this as an everyday, apply on the fly lip color, but it just seems too high maintenance.

on 1/28/2013 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Perfect blue based fuschia for nw20-35 skin tones. It really goes well with my cotton candy blushes. Perfect spring lip. I also own crush, which is a much darker berry. The two shades are extremely similar, but I find as winter goes on, and I become paler, that lovesick is the perfect statement lip, as opposed to crush.

This is also a great dupe for tarte's lips stains. They're identical down to the scent. I purchase these from revlon now. The stain itself stays on 4-6 hours. I like to apply it like a lipstick, tissue off so a stain is left behind, and just dab it on center of my lip. Looks like I've eaten a berry.