Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Setting Brush

4.8

on 5/23/2014 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

JUST PERFECT! like all of the real techniques brushes!! I use this for the dark circles under my eyes, after i apply my Bobbi Brown correcter using this i then use a Soap and Glory kick ass concealer powder (NOT THE CREAM because they have silica in them and are a terrible product) and this brush just applies everything perfectly!

on 5/21/2014 5:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine

I bought it, loved it so much for many different purposes I had to buy two more. And I'm considering buying another just to have a clean setting brush available at all times. I use one for highlighter, one for under eye concealer and one for contouring.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

i love this brush! Real Techniques is easily one of my favorite drug store brand of brushes (even beating out Eco Tools). I was originally using a Sigma pointed "highlighter" brush to set my under eye concealer and I loved it but I saw this and decided to try it out. The bristles on this are a lot softer and delicate for the under eye area yet still dense enough to pack on enough powder so your concealer doesn't crease or slide around. I also love using this to kind of blend out eyeshadow I put underneath my eye. GREAT brush and great price without cheating you on the quality! I also love it for highlighting the bridge of my nose.

on 4/30/2014 10:28:00 PM

This is one of my favorite real techniques brushes. I love the size of the handle and the top part. It fits perfectly under my eyes for setting concealer. I also use it for putting setting powder on other parts on my face, since I don't cover my whole face with powder in the cooler months. It is a great price and it is often on sale somewhere online. It is nice for highlighter as well. The bristles are soft and easy to clean since it's synthetic.

on 4/12/2014 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Probably one of the best in the collection ime. I use it for detailing my MMU/getting into corners, and setting my concealer. Soft and dense. Doesnt shed. Synthetic and dries fast. Just the right size and shape for blending.

on 4/7/2014 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

PROS

- soft
- doesn't shed
- size
- dries quickly

CONS

- none

COMMENTS: Very soft and works great for setting the under eye area, highlighting, and contouring the nose. My favorite use is for highlighting. Nothing bad to say about this.

Will repurchase.

on 4/6/2014 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

This brush...is amazing! One of the best in my kit/collection. I love that its synthetic which means if I choose to use it with cream products, like cheek highlighter, it doesn't absorbed all the product like a natural bristle brush would. It fits perfect under the eye/on the cheekbone. I use this to apply concealer/highlighter and to set my concealer. Flawless application that looks very natural. I sometimes use this to blend out my contour too. I think synthetic brushes are better to blend, the leave a more natural finish. Its $8 on Amazon, so not a huge investment. If you have a extra couple bucks and are looking for a good brush to expand on your collection, I highly recommend this one!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Another great brush by Real Techniques! This is my first true setting brush. I usually set things with a large fluffy powder brush. But, this particular brush is exceptionally unique because it is shaped and sized perfectly to set concealer. To be honest, I never really put the time in setting concealer. I basically just swirled blotting powder with a large brush all over and call it a day. I didn't realize how crucial this brush was until I started using it and how much better my concealer lasted. It is the perfect size to effectively set makeup. I even use this brush to apply a powder highlighter down the center of my nose. Like most RT brushes, this one is made very sturdy, good quality bristles and it washes nicely with no shedding. I can honestly say this brush is a standard piece in my daily makeup routine. I won't go a day without using it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is such a small brush, but I like it for liquid foundation. I know, weird! But I've been using it for foundation for a year and it gives such a flawless finish. It allows me to work with areas precisely and it doesn't leave the skin with streaks of foundation. Love it and will repurchase it!

on 2/27/2014 5:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I have 4 of these brushes I love them so much!! fantastic for setting or contouring, so impressed with Samantha Chapman brushes and more importantly the price is amazing which I why I buy so many of her brushes.

Popular Makeup Brushes