September 17, 2014 | 2138 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Stay-Matte Oil-Free Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2014 7:53:00 AM More reviews by apricotcloud

I have been using a tester of this and am REALLY IMPRESSED. I have tried a lot of foundations for combo/oily/sensitive skin (Mac Studio Fix, Mac Full Cover, Estee Lauder Double Wear, Bourjois Flower Perfection, Bourjois 123 Perfection, Revlon Colorstay etc) and none of them have touched this.

I was previously using Mac Full Cover (the big concealer thing you can only get in PRO stores) but it was making my skin so greasy I just had to switch to something oil free.

This clinique foundation is oil free and really suits my sensitive skin. The only thing I would improve is having a slightly more yellow-based range of colours. I am using 01 which is the palest shade - it does suit me if I blend it out well but I wish it was just a tiny bit more yellow-based.

It literally lasts ALL DAY. I use it with their anti blemish concealer and a little bit of powder on top and I work out like a maniac and it still stays put. Really impressed, definitely worth the money and the fact it's oil free is a huge bonus for me :]

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2014 7:43:00 PM More reviews by Eldzi

I bought this maybe 9 months ago. I wanted a foundation that would cover my pimples and that stays matte, so i got this.

I liked it at first but after using it a couple of months a realized that this is the WORST foundation that ive ever had. It "goes" in to your pores and make the face look cakey. It doesnt stay matte at all. It doesnt cover my pimples and darkspots either.
The coverage is buildable but it looks cakey.

One more thing that is happening the last month is that the foundation looks pretty ok when i first put it on in the morning. When i come home from school it looks awful, it oxidize and make my face look orange. The face is orange and the neck is fair.. It doesnt look good at all.

So i suggest you to not buy this foundation. But if you want to buy it make sure to get a lighter color because it oxidize. And Get a sample from your beauty store before buying it to see if it fits you :)

+ great package, not luxury but useful
+ long lasting

- cakey
- bad coverage

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2014 1:38:00 PM More reviews by jumbojuice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The colour matched really really nicely to me, which has been hard to do (most foundations are way too yelow). I have tried it for several weeks. It looks cakey when I put it on so I just started to put it where I needed more coverage, my cheeks and chin. I did this for a few days. It did look good but now I have broken out on my cheeks and chin. My skin looks awful. I will be throughing this in the trash.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/27/2014 10:21:00 AM More reviews by stef1986

Pros: Colour range matched my skin perfectly. Clinique has an excellent colour range and this is one of the best, if not the best shade i have tried in foundations for my skin.
Inexpensive and great value for money.
Lightweight and looks and feels like you are wearing no makeup.

Cons: This foundation is targetted at people like me with oily/combination skin however after an hour (maybe even 30 minutes), this foundation made me look like an oil slick.
Light coverage/limited coverage - I always thought to purchase Clinique products you have to have naturally perfect skin and this foundation confirms that. I generally go to light to medium coverage foundations however this foundation was far to sheer for me and i don't have bad skin, but it certainly did not conceal any of the blemishes i have and if purchasing this foundation concealer is a must.
This foundation doesn't come in a pump pack which i generally prefer however the packaging did ensure only a little bit of product came out at a time (not that you can easily overdo it with this product).
No staying power

Overall, i would recommend this foundation for people who have dry to moderate skin, definately not oily/combination skin. I would also recommend this product for people who have limited or no imperfections. This is probably the worst foundation i have purchased for my skin type in a while, very disappointed. I still have 3/4 of the foundation left and am already considering buying another because it makes my skin too oily.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2014 8:41:00 PM More reviews by missymarissa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I use this foundation when I want to have more coverage and/or when I'm in humid conditions. The staying power is pretty darn good. I wore this in a jam-packed salsa club one night and at the end of the night was surprised that my makeup looked even half-way decent compared to normal. I won't say the shade range is the absolute best but I happened to find one that's pretty close (especially when I top with a very neutral powder). The shades tend to be for the fair and on the slightly pink side FYI. I like this because it does give me a more airbrushed look than my collection of mostly light-coverage foundations and it delivers when it comes to sticking around without an overly matted and cake finish. Plus I will say that I enjoy shopping at Clnique. Their reps are helpful without being pushy and that made the usually irritating experience of shopping for a foundation better than expected.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2014 4:23:00 AM More reviews by purpleesushi

I had high hopes for this foundation, I read a number of rave reviews and it THEORETICALLY had all the "must-have"s of a good product - non-comedogenic (won't clog pores), oil-free, great for oily skin & natural matte finish, medium coverage, dermatologically tested etc. WRONG. I really really wanted to like this, as I have been hunting for a more "gentle" alternative to Revlon Colorstay (which I felt had lost its ability to do its job - keep my oily t-zone matte etc, and I felt it clogged my pores as it was difficult to remove). Not only did it cause little white bumps all over my forehead, it had NO staying power whatsoever - given I live in a hot and humid climate, still, wasn't that one of its claims? Staying matte is rubbish with this - half an hour and I start to see a sheen across my t-zone. Really disappointed with this Clinique product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2014 12:27:00 PM More reviews by AbbeyB94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've only been using this product for a few weeks but so far I love it. The shade I got matches my skin perfectly. It has medium coverage and does a good job evening out my skin and covering some of the redness in my cheeks. The formula is amazing and is very smooth on my skin. It has a very natural finish which I love. I also love the packaging and its easy to travel with. It seems to stay on all day for the most part and doesn't look cakey on my skin. It also doesn't break me out. I'll update if anything changes but for right now I think this is a great product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2014 9:34:00 PM More reviews by Kathy123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I started liking this foundation but then it started to disappear on my face half day. As I continued using it, it faded faster and faster, leaving a greasy film on my face. Back to my ELDW.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2014 9:02:00 PM More reviews by jaaanet2

Unfortunately I have very oily and acne prone skin and I have tried Clinque's acne solutions, as well as the even better one, but I was curious to give this one a try once I got my acne somewhat under control. And I do love this foundation! Although as a college student, it does break my bank a bit, but it is well worth it. It actually leaves my skin matte. I haven't really tried any of the drugstores matte foundations so I can't really compare, but when I wear this stuff all day I only have to blot myself once which to me is like great! It hasn't broke me out either that I can tell. Overall Iove this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2014 5:51:00 PM More reviews by thegypsy23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried a sample bottle of this foundation in the shade ginger. My skin tone is medium brown with golden undertones. This color matched me perfectly! My issues with this particular foundation is, it does not come in moderate to full coverage. I have hyper pigmentation and dark acne scars. One coating of this product does only covers those blemishes slightly. If you like a light foundation, this would be perfect for you. I, however, prefer my foundations to cover up at 90% of my blemishes withOUT a concealer. My other issue was that this foundation does not do much to control oily skin.