December 20, 2014 | 1650 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Stay-Matte Oil-Free Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2014 3:32:00 AM More reviews by joannajlfx

Love this, great coverage and not cakey at all

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2014 7:15:00 PM More reviews by sc06

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This liquid foundation gives good coverage. I find there is no need for concealer unless there are very visible imperfections to cover. It agrees to my very sensitive skin and doesn't cause me to break out. By the end of the day when used with just sunscreens I find it does dry out and becomes a bit cakey. So I started applying less of the product with each application and this stopped the cakey effect. Its therefore great especially for night use and goes well over a moisturiser.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2014 10:40:00 PM More reviews by kaykaykasey

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love the price point since it is very affordable compared to most high end foundations. The only problem I have with this foundation is it clings to my dry patches like a magnet. I only have dry patches around my nose but it is severely noticeable to peers that I have makeup since those dry patches stand out. This isn't the most natural looking foundation since it is so matte so I do recommend using a highlighter and blush with this so you look a little more alive (:

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 1:21:00 PM More reviews by hondurena89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yes this foundation is the holy gail for me. Wow. This foundation is gel and goes on great. It is not cakey because it's gel. I do not need a primer with this. The package iseasy to use. I can control the product since its a squeezeable tube. Even though I use a finishing powder on top my foundation looks like skin. It does not look like I'm wearing powder. Also I like the idea that my natural oils come through. It make me look like I'm not wearing makeup. It's just flawless. It's medium coverage. I love this foundation. It cost 20 bucks. It's 22 with taxes. A small amount goes a long way. People heads turn when I walk in the room. They complement my skin not my makeup. I use a light concealer under my eyes after my foundation trapped with translucent powder on concealer followed by regular face powder then blush. Then Damn. Lol awesomeness.update.....08/01/2014. This foundation is still a winner I still love it. I have been alternating between this is Mac studio fixed fluid only because I need to use up my makeup before it expires. It's summer and it looks even better.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 1:53:00 PM More reviews by smoothtalkin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my HG foundation! Not cakey, doesn't sit in fine lines, medium-buildable finish, long wearing, great price and see-thru package, this stuff has it all.

I have oily-combination skin, but I don't have time to retouch my makeup during the day. This is the first foundation that stays stain-finished for 4+ hours. I let my natural oils seep through so I look a bit more lifelike. On days that I need a flawless coverage I use Clinique's Superprimer and Clnique's Stay Matte Power. I used this combo on my wedding day in the Caribbean with no touch ups and my photos came out perfect (un-Photoshopped!).

I highly recommend this foundation if you want a medium coverage with satin finish.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2014 3:43:00 PM More reviews by sll74

I have oily skin and had been doing powder mineral makeup for many years but wanted to try a liquid for a more glowy (not oily) look. for me the color match is great and this goes on easy (i use a brush) and it lasts all day. i set it with the loose translucent powder. this looks really nice on me in photos and i don't really need heavy concealer where i have some blemishes from previous acne. this really wears like my skin. this seems to be the best clinique foundation for my skin type so i'll stick with it for sure. i hope they don't change the formulation or colors.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2014 7:53:00 AM More reviews by apricotcloud

I have been using a tester of this and am REALLY IMPRESSED. I have tried a lot of foundations for combo/oily/sensitive skin (Mac Studio Fix, Mac Full Cover, Estee Lauder Double Wear, Bourjois Flower Perfection, Bourjois 123 Perfection, Revlon Colorstay etc) and none of them have touched this.

I was previously using Mac Full Cover (the big concealer thing you can only get in PRO stores) but it was making my skin so greasy I just had to switch to something oil free.

This clinique foundation is oil free and really suits my sensitive skin. The only thing I would improve is having a slightly more yellow-based range of colours. I am using 01 which is the palest shade - it does suit me if I blend it out well but I wish it was just a tiny bit more yellow-based.

It literally lasts ALL DAY. I use it with their anti blemish concealer and a little bit of powder on top and I work out like a maniac and it still stays put. Really impressed, definitely worth the money and the fact it's oil free is a huge bonus for me :]

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2014 7:43:00 PM More reviews by Eldzi

I bought this maybe 9 months ago. I wanted a foundation that would cover my pimples and that stays matte, so i got this.

I liked it at first but after using it a couple of months a realized that this is the WORST foundation that ive ever had. It "goes" in to your pores and make the face look cakey. It doesnt stay matte at all. It doesnt cover my pimples and darkspots either.
The coverage is buildable but it looks cakey.

One more thing that is happening the last month is that the foundation looks pretty ok when i first put it on in the morning. When i come home from school it looks awful, it oxidize and make my face look orange. The face is orange and the neck is fair.. It doesnt look good at all.

So i suggest you to not buy this foundation. But if you want to buy it make sure to get a lighter color because it oxidize. And Get a sample from your beauty store before buying it to see if it fits you :)

+ great package, not luxury but useful
+ long lasting

- cakey
- bad coverage

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2014 1:38:00 PM More reviews by jumbojuice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The colour matched really really nicely to me, which has been hard to do (most foundations are way too yelow). I have tried it for several weeks. It looks cakey when I put it on so I just started to put it where I needed more coverage, my cheeks and chin. I did this for a few days. It did look good but now I have broken out on my cheeks and chin. My skin looks awful. I will be throughing this in the trash.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/27/2014 10:21:00 AM More reviews by stef1986

Pros: Colour range matched my skin perfectly. Clinique has an excellent colour range and this is one of the best, if not the best shade i have tried in foundations for my skin.
Inexpensive and great value for money.
Lightweight and looks and feels like you are wearing no makeup.

Cons: This foundation is targetted at people like me with oily/combination skin however after an hour (maybe even 30 minutes), this foundation made me look like an oil slick.
Light coverage/limited coverage - I always thought to purchase Clinique products you have to have naturally perfect skin and this foundation confirms that. I generally go to light to medium coverage foundations however this foundation was far to sheer for me and i don't have bad skin, but it certainly did not conceal any of the blemishes i have and if purchasing this foundation concealer is a must.
This foundation doesn't come in a pump pack which i generally prefer however the packaging did ensure only a little bit of product came out at a time (not that you can easily overdo it with this product).
No staying power

Overall, i would recommend this foundation for people who have dry to moderate skin, definately not oily/combination skin. I would also recommend this product for people who have limited or no imperfections. This is probably the worst foundation i have purchased for my skin type in a while, very disappointed. I still have 3/4 of the foundation left and am already considering buying another because it makes my skin too oily.