April 16, 2014 | 1638 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Stay-Matte Oil-Free Makeup

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2013 1:19:00 AM More reviews by minosan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this when my friend and I were asked to try out some products while we were walking through a shopping centre at a Clinique stand.

The employee matched me with #19 and I thought nothing of it as I wasn't really looking for a new foundation and I just didn't feel like wearing make-up at that time. (Too lazy because of exam week and whatnot.)

She gave me a small sample and when I got home. My mom said that my skin looked great and I looked at my complexion again and it had evened out my skin.
I decided to purchase it at Sephora to give it a try and it turns out #19 is way too dark for me! I'm actually in shade #8. The price is pretty reasonable, in my opinion. The packaging is also very handy and I can control how much product I want to dispense.

I've been using this for 6-7 months now and here's what I think about it.
Keep in mind I have VERY oily skin but I also have dry patches because of acne medication.

HOW I APPLY IT:
- With my fingers.
- Recently, I've used a beauty blender dupe sponge for it (blends & works better than my hands!)

PROS:
- It looks natural in most lighting.
- Coverage is great. Covers acne scars.
- It doesn't enhance my dry spots.
- The tube lasts a long time. I only use a small squeeze and it's good for my whole face. Sometimes I have to wipe off the extra product I've put on the back of my hand.
- The colour matches my skin-tone VERY VERY well.
- People have thought that I wasn't wearing make-up. Not sure if that's a compliment or not though.
- DOES not break me out :)
- Looks natural in pictures. No white cast.

CONS:
- It is not as MATTE as I expected. Without a primer and setting powder, I'm only 1-2 hours after application. With a good primer and setting powder, it gets oily around 4-5 hours.
However when I apply the setting powder, it tends to look cakey. Not sure if it's the powder I use or the product itself.
- It tranfers really badly! I was laughing and I slightly bumped my cheek against my friend's shoulder and the product was there!!! LOL. I laughed even harder when I saw that.
- Does not stay on my skin well (like I said it transfers). It leaves streaks.
- Although it covers scars/dark spots, it doesn't stay so at the end of the day, it shows up just A LITTLE but it still covers it for the most part.

Overall, I've had a good run with this foundation. I've repurchased twice (only because of mismatched shade) but I'm going to have to say goodbye to it.
I need a foundation that will keep me matte and won't transfer!

I think this will do well with people who have skin that isn't as oily as mine is!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2013 5:17:00 PM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this foundation blended with another foundation (Max factor 3in1 foundation) and it gives a great full coverage and keeps my face oil free for a time.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2013 8:44:00 PM More reviews by annedaniel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation is incredible! Keeps matte throughout the day even in summer! I have oily combination skin and I like more sheer coverage so this is exactly what I needed. It goes on flawlessly with a stippling brush or sponge. Travels well and stays sheer and matte, not for those looking for a dewy finish.

In terms of cons,the tube is fine but I generally prefer pump bottles so that you can see when you are done. Also I think a good call out is that if you have naturally drier skin you do need to moisturize well. beforehand. Have purchased multiple times and will continue to do so!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2013 10:22:00 PM More reviews by bettycockroach

This is my first not-drugstore foundation. It does its job, smells okay, mattes my face just like the tube says, and as far as I know lasts a good while (I put a translucent powder over it, though). Of course, I'm sure there are better foundations out there, so I'll have this in mind next time I need a new tube.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2013 6:18:00 PM More reviews by teezytizzle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Unfortunately, this gave me a bunch of blackheads, thus new scars. I easily break out and trying new foundations is a nightmare for me. Guess I'll have to keep searching. I love Clinique's products, but this just wasn't for me.

P.S. It gave off a whitish glare when I took photos.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by caitx03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Pros: semi- matte finish ( mattes make my skin look dull and chalky) light - medium coverage ( no cake face) does not aggravate or cause acne, blends well. Cons: size of the bottle is so small for the price :(. All in all this is a great foundation especially if you have oily and acne prone skin. If you are excessively oily you probably will need to look for another foundation. I wanted something I could wear every day without making my ACTUAL skin look like shit and get clogged and sensitive! Doesn't even feel like I have makeup on!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2013 11:23:00 AM More reviews by tempescape

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

Wow. Thank god this was just a Sephora sample and I didn't purchase the real thing. What utter crap. I had the same experience as another person here. I put in on. The color went great with my skin but looking closer in the mirror it seemed to magically form creases under my eyes that were not there before I put it on. It made me look older too. A shame for something so thin to have such a huge aging effect on the skin

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2013 6:57:00 PM More reviews by kaity1

I am really unhappy with this foundation . I have oily/combination skin and i have large pores. i tried this once and as soon as i applied it it sunk into my pores and made them even more visible it was also not a nice colour and clung on to any dry patches of skin that i had it wouldnt matter how moisturized my skin was it just looks yuck on my skin. i had to remove this foundation straight away as it looked terrible.. what a waste of money. i have tried cheap bb creams heaps better than this expensive full coverage foundation. ill stay with my estee lauder double wear light as nothing can beat it.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/30/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by JamLam

My skin type - I have oily t-zone, dry patches (result of eczema) and I wouldn't say large pores but i do have some around my nose area. I also do not like heavy foundation. I received a 10 day sample from Clinique. I specifically asked for a liquid foundation that would keep me matte and they colour matched me. The colour match was good and coverage was medium, but what i didn't like about this product is that it made my skin look really dull. I wasn't sure exactly, but it look like it was just sitting on top of my skin and didn't blend well. I always moisturise first and I applied the foundation with a brush because it is a bit runny. The oil control was ok, I did have to dab on some shine control half way through the day which is normal. I will not be purchasing this (good thing for the free trial!) based on the fact it did nothing to improve the appearance of my skin. For now i will just go back to using BB cream [although i hear good things about Shiseido Sheer and Perfect]

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2013 12:09:00 PM More reviews by sarahmedeiros

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

An overall okay product. It has good coverage and flows onto the skin easily, no matter how you apply it (brush, fingers, sponge). Color matches are great, Clinique's always been good for color range, but the product doesn't really keep you matte. It has a semi-matte finish where I could still see some shine on my nose, but some powder got rid of that. However, a few hours later and if I touch my face I can see the oily fleshy colored residue of my makeup starting to melt off my face. Sorry, Clinique, not made for the oiliest of the oily like I am. Pretty expensive and not the best container. Will not repurchase, but it wasn't horrible, just not worth the price for what I hoped it would do.