July 26, 2014 | 945 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Stay-Matte Oil-Free Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2014 12:27:00 PM More reviews by AbbeyB94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've only been using this product for a few weeks but so far I love it. The shade I got matches my skin perfectly. It has medium coverage and does a good job evening out my skin and covering some of the redness in my cheeks. The formula is amazing and is very smooth on my skin. It has a very natural finish which I love. I also love the packaging and its easy to travel with. It seems to stay on all day for the most part and doesn't look cakey on my skin. It also doesn't break me out. I'll update if anything changes but for right now I think this is a great product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2014 9:34:00 PM More reviews by Kathy123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I started liking this foundation but then it started to disappear on my face half day. As I continued using it, it faded faster and faster, leaving a greasy film on my face. Back to my ELDW.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2014 9:02:00 PM More reviews by jaaanet2

Unfortunately I have very oily and acne prone skin and I have tried Clinque's acne solutions, as well as the even better one, but I was curious to give this one a try once I got my acne somewhat under control. And I do love this foundation! Although as a college student, it does break my bank a bit, but it is well worth it. It actually leaves my skin matte. I haven't really tried any of the drugstores matte foundations so I can't really compare, but when I wear this stuff all day I only have to blot myself once which to me is like great! It hasn't broke me out either that I can tell. Overall Iove this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2014 5:51:00 PM More reviews by thegypsy23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried a sample bottle of this foundation in the shade ginger. My skin tone is medium brown with golden undertones. This color matched me perfectly! My issues with this particular foundation is, it does not come in moderate to full coverage. I have hyper pigmentation and dark acne scars. One coating of this product does only covers those blemishes slightly. If you like a light foundation, this would be perfect for you. I, however, prefer my foundations to cover up at 90% of my blemishes withOUT a concealer. My other issue was that this foundation does not do much to control oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2014 3:13:00 PM More reviews by PosterRed

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

After using a lot of other liquid foundations (chanel, dr.G, skin 79, cover girl and countless others) Stay Matte is the only one i've LOVED so far.

I was looking to make a change with, since none of the other products above seemed to be helping my sensitive and acne prone skin. I have problems with the pores on, and around my nose. Other products would clog me up badly and cause breakouts, even the bb creams, so I was definitely looking for something that was non-irritating and gentle for my skin. I have normal to combination skin, so oil wasn't my first concern.
Knowing that Clinique is known for their hypo-allergenic products I decided to give it a try, and I'm incredibly glad I did!

This foundation goes in very smooth and doesn't clog my pores. It has medium coverage, so it looks very natural. I use 05 Fair and stipple it on my face, evening it out with a blending sponge. Then finish it off with Stay Matte Sheer pressed powder (also from Clinique)

This is great for people with acne prone skin, and people who are concerned about an oily face.

Thanks for reading :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 11:41:00 AM More reviews by raquelsimoes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the foundation I'm using right now as I had heard so many amazing things about it. I have combination/oily skin and I bought this for the promise of keeping oil under control.
First of all, this is a medium coverage foundation and makes my skin look natural and not orange at all, which I love. It's easy to apply because of the great packaging: I just squeeze out the amount I need onto my hand and use my foundation brush to apply it on my skin (remember to invest in a good foundation brush - it does matter!). Also, it will surely last because you don't have to use much of the product to get a pretty good coverage.
As to the oil control function, I can confirm it works (I've only used it in the winter though - I'll update this review after using it during the summer). It's no miracle, but it does its job. However, you must not forget to clean your skin really well (and do your usual skin care ritual) before applying this foundation or it won't work obviously.
The downside of this product is the fact that it is a little expensive.
Overall, it's a good product, I recommend it and I will probably buy it again although I want to try other products to see if I can find one that will be 100% perfect for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 7:31:00 AM More reviews by yourserenely

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I rate this foundation. I speak for oily-skinned ladies, so if keeping your natural oils at bay is not your usual concern, this may not apply to you.

It's summer here down under and let me tell you something about summers down under - it's absolutely bakin'. If you're in Brisbane, it's bakin' and boilin'. I'm talking about a kind of weather that feels likes a warm and damp blanket all the time. Not a great combo.

I wore this in a 43 degree weather once, and I was very impressed by the fact that it did not melt and dribble off my face. That is an extreme of course, but it has consistently withstood the humidity ever since I have got it. The finish stays matte for a good 8 hours or so before it starts to get iffy. For people who work or study, this should be more than enough to cover your needs.

Another pro is that it has a build-able coverage. I've stopped using my concealer because a second or third dab of this bad boy here covers my redness/acne quite well. I usually have mild to medium acne. On my less fortunate days, I'll need about 4 dabs to cover an angry-looking one.

I'd say it's good value for the money, and I'd get it again if I run out.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2014 12:20:00 AM More reviews by BeautySis

Although this foundation does keep me matte throughout the day I find it to be too drying for the not so oily areas of my face, it also sinks into the fine lines around my mouth area and overall makes me look a bit dull. It also doesn't provide as much coverage as I would like. I think this would be quite good for someone a bit more oily all over, or to use on days where you don't need a very polished look. It didn't cause me to break out and is easy to apply (doesn't dry to quickly) but I have used better foundations so would not repurchase. I prefer Estee Lauders double wear.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2013 1:19:00 AM More reviews by minosan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this when my friend and I were asked to try out some products while we were walking through a shopping centre at a Clinique stand.

The employee matched me with #19 and I thought nothing of it as I wasn't really looking for a new foundation and I just didn't feel like wearing make-up at that time. (Too lazy because of exam week and whatnot.)

She gave me a small sample and when I got home. My mom said that my skin looked great and I looked at my complexion again and it had evened out my skin.
I decided to purchase it at Sephora to give it a try and it turns out #19 is way too dark for me! I'm actually in shade #8. The price is pretty reasonable, in my opinion. The packaging is also very handy and I can control how much product I want to dispense.

I've been using this for 6-7 months now and here's what I think about it.
Keep in mind I have VERY oily skin but I also have dry patches because of acne medication.

HOW I APPLY IT:
- With my fingers.
- Recently, I've used a beauty blender dupe sponge for it (blends & works better than my hands!)

PROS:
- It looks natural in most lighting.
- Coverage is great. Covers acne scars.
- It doesn't enhance my dry spots.
- The tube lasts a long time. I only use a small squeeze and it's good for my whole face. Sometimes I have to wipe off the extra product I've put on the back of my hand.
- The colour matches my skin-tone VERY VERY well.
- People have thought that I wasn't wearing make-up. Not sure if that's a compliment or not though.
- DOES not break me out :)
- Looks natural in pictures. No white cast.

CONS:
- It is not as MATTE as I expected. Without a primer and setting powder, I'm only 1-2 hours after application. With a good primer and setting powder, it gets oily around 4-5 hours.
However when I apply the setting powder, it tends to look cakey. Not sure if it's the powder I use or the product itself.
- It tranfers really badly! I was laughing and I slightly bumped my cheek against my friend's shoulder and the product was there!!! LOL. I laughed even harder when I saw that.
- Does not stay on my skin well (like I said it transfers). It leaves streaks.
- Although it covers scars/dark spots, it doesn't stay so at the end of the day, it shows up just A LITTLE but it still covers it for the most part.

Overall, I've had a good run with this foundation. I've repurchased twice (only because of mismatched shade) but I'm going to have to say goodbye to it.
I need a foundation that will keep me matte and won't transfer!

I think this will do well with people who have skin that isn't as oily as mine is!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2013 5:17:00 PM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this foundation blended with another foundation (Max factor 3in1 foundation) and it gives a great full coverage and keeps my face oil free for a time.