July 22, 2014 | 2118 users online

Liquid - Cover Girl - Clean Makeup, Sensitive Skin

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2013 9:21:00 PM More reviews by limari87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this foundation! It's medium coverage but I believe it can be built to be full coverage. Love the color which for me is (warm beige) and the way it blends on the skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/17/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by annkw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Really lacking in coverage. It's really watery and dewy, I would have preferred a more opaque and thicker formula. It doesn't cover anything and that's reason enough for me to return it. If you have any kind of acne or redness, don't bother...

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2013 11:25:00 AM More reviews by cblazer973

I love this foundation. I have tried creams, liquids, BB creams, and powders. My go to for a while was L'Oreal True Match but I noticed it has been emphasizing my dry spots. I picked this up at CVS where it was around $7 (Walmart was $5 almost $6). For that price, I'm totally willing to buy it even if it is sub par.
I like the coverage of this foundation and for buying it without trying it on my skin first, its a good match. The only grievance I have, like many others, is the packaging. I usually use a sponge even though I own a foundation brush but with this I'm forced to use the brush and I actually have an easier time applying the foundation with the brush and it gives me a good finish. I like how this foundation makes my skin look and I'm excited to purchase a summer shade for when my skin gets tanner.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/27/2013 5:04:00 PM More reviews by Somesimplegirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this foundation because I'm a former dancer whom was very used to stage makeup. I have Combo/Oily skin and usually only get breakouts on my chin.

This foundation has little to no coverage. I feel as if I am wearing a tinted moisturizer with an overload of pigment and not enough moisturizing elements. I would have been better off with a cream foundation (that I am used to using for the stage) to have a more natural face. It did NOT even out my skin-tone but left my skin feeling dry and flaky. Around my nose and chin looked like I had caked on multiple layers of concealer and other various products when all I had used was this foundation. It also makes blemishes even MORE noticable because it dries out the areas especially with time.

I can't say that I HATE this foundation, but it certainly does not work for me. I have been using it for 3 months simply because I didn't do any research on the product the day I happened to be in the drugstore.

I am so upset and COUNTING the days until I can switch to Revlon ColorStay.

My CG Foundation is in Ivory.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2013 8:45:00 AM More reviews by AbbeyMarjorie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am a huge fan of this foundation. I always end up coming back to it after my other foundations are gone. It gives me medium coverage and lasts all day. I found that the best way to apply it is with a foundation brush. One thing I noticed was when I put it over pimples, it sorts of flakes off on and around the pimple.

Overall a really good foundation with lots of shades to choose from.

Would buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2012 10:43:00 AM More reviews by flipp

Pretty decent. Doesn't break me out, and for some reason, CG shades work for me, never going orange or pink on me after an hour or so. The coverage is light, though. I wouldn't use this for heavy scarring or anything, but for my mild acne scars and dark circles, it works very well.

245/Natural Beige: Winter

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2012 6:06:00 PM More reviews by gogerouslocks275

Personally, and not trying to brag in any way, I have pretty much perfect skin. Although It gets dry around my nose, I very, very rarely get acne. The first day I tried this, I got a zit or two and I was a little surprised. I stopped using it for a while, but then I started back up and it worked fine, and by fine, I mean I didn't get any more acne. For the coverage, I am trying out different types, but I was not super pleased with the coverage of this foundation. I would have wanted just a bit more. The packaging is inconvenient and impossible. Although, I was pleased with the shade (because being the super pale, Irish girl, it is hard for me to find my shade).

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2012 1:51:00 AM More reviews by thejos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

All in all, not the greatest foundation.
I find it to be really thin, almost watery. Wears off really fast, and I found especially around the eyes after a few hours my skin looked dull and kind of drab.
On another note, I absolutely hate glass, pumpless bottles. So inconvient!
Will not buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/8/2012 11:19:00 PM More reviews by kamiekirk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm a little iffy on this foundation, even though I love how it looks on my skin because it rubs off on everything. Sneeze into your sleeve? Now your sleeve is flesh colored! Hug someone? Now they're your skin color!

...If it rubs off so easily, how can anyone expect it to stay on?

However, I have red, acne prone skin, and I love this. I've tried at least 4 other foundations in a week and all of them went back to the store. This CG foundation gives a light coverage that looks natural. (I'm prone to cake face.) It doesn't cover everything, but why would you want it to? "Flawless" skin looks unnatural and odd to me. This foundation will give you great, natural, but not too great skin.

Despite my raving review, I'm still iffy about buying this because it rubs off on everything. It's embarrassing to blow your nose and leave your face on the tissue.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2012 12:30:00 AM More reviews by angelamacaroons

Cover Girl claims that "Our Sensitive Skin formula is fragrance- and oil-free, helping to minimize irritation and redness for those with delicate skin", and also gives a natural, clean-faced look.

I originally bought this foundation to use in the wintertime, so I have my summer foundation (Revlon Colorstay liquid) to compare it to.

I was really hoping that this formula wouldn't irritate my skin, as well as give my skin a soft, natural look, especially after the full-coverage experience of Revlon Colorstay. This foundation does give a natural look, and doesn't give very much coverage (which I was fine with; I usually don't get many breakouts). I wanted this foundation to even out my skin tone, and possibly moisturize my skin.

However, since the formula is extremely light, the foundation also disappeared as the day wore on. After a day at school (about 7-8 hours), the foundation had competely absorbed into my skin, and made my face look extremely oil and shiny. I'm not even kidding, I'm pretty sure my forehead had a glare. :P The foundation initially did even out my skintone, but then of course it wore off as the day went by, so that didn't amount to much.

And then--! A day after trying this foundation, my forehead was covered with acne! I don't often break out, except around that time of month. I have combination skin with my t-zone slightly oilier than my cheeks, which are pretty dry, so most of the acne is around my t-zone. D:

I was extremely disappointed with the outcome of this foundation. Not only did I probably reflect everyone's faces on my forehead, I also grew acne from using this product. :( This wouldn't affect me so much, except that this foundation was meant for sensitive skin. The price was alright, since I bought this foundation and an eyeshadow from Cover Girl with a $3 off 2 coupon, but I still will never be able to use it again, which is still a waste. I'm sure this foundation would work for those with probably drier skin. It gives a dewy look, so I would probably target it around the cheeks and set with some powder to make sure it doesn't disapparate so quickly or give a greasy look. The look is natural, so if you fit this criteria, don't be afraid to try it out - try to look for a discount before buying, though, just in case! :)