September 2, 2014 | 1853 users online

Eyeliner - Lancome - Artliner

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by ncb89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just returned this eyeliner. Not so crazy about it. The tip is not very precise, so it's tough to make a sharp winged effect. Although the consistency is nice, I felt as though the product ran off the applicator quickly, and I had to keep dipping it in over and over to finish my cat eye. I prefer Stila "Stay All Day" waterproof liquid liner over this 100%. I'll never sway from it again.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2013 11:06:00 AM More reviews by Desmetval

Awesome!

I've been using this eyeliner for several years now!
The tip of the brush is like a sponge, and very easy to use! Definitely recommend this for people who just started to line their eyes. I know how tricky it can be.
I know it's a little pricey, but it's really worth it!
When I put it on in the morning, it still looks good in the evening. Also, the black is very intense, which I like a lot.
I love it and I have nothing bad to say about it.
Totally recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2013 5:40:00 AM More reviews by Carys

This liner is one of my HGs because it does not budge. I have oily lids, and I've yet to find an eyeliner that can survive my 10 hour workdays without smudging, flaking, or giving me raccoon eyes, however faint. I do have to admit, however, that I always prime my lids with Urban Decay's Primer Potion, so I can't attest to this liner's staying power without the primer. (Every other liner that I've used, however, has also been used in conjunction with the same primer, so they're all getting equal treatment.)

I've tried waterproof and so-called "budgeproof" pencils galore, and pencils are some of the worst smudging offenders. I've used Bobbi Brown's gel liner, Stila's gel liner and their liquid liner, and Laura Mercier's cake liners, and they all leave me with varying degrees of flakes and smudges under my eyes by the end of the day, some faint, some not so faint (that would be Laura Mercier's). I used to even seal these liners with Benefit's She-Laq to lock them in place, which sucked because it just made my eye line shiny and plasticky looking. To date, Lancome's Artliner is the only one that stays without special treatment.

As far as ease of application goes, it's fairly straightforward and one of the easier liquid liners to apply (the easiest being Stila's liquid liner -- a Godsend if you like winging your liner). I favor the brown for every day, as it's dark enough to define but not super stark like the black, so it's a bit more forgiving.

Despite the fact that I'm not a Lancome fan, it's one of the items that I just can't live without in my makeup kit. My eyelids have a way of melting off almost all makeup, and my workaround involves three products: lid primer, tubing mascara, and this liner from Lancome. I just can't live without it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2013 11:50:00 AM More reviews by ChineseCricket88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use the black shade. Definitely shake before use, or the color comes out more gray-ish. Great for liquid eyeliner beginners like me. You can definitely achieve a thin line or a thicker line, depending on pressure. Comes off easily with makeup remover. Doesn't dry out.

Pretty expensive though.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by lndydhr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE IT. Pigmented, easy to apply, last forever. Definitely repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2013 6:30:00 AM More reviews by Beabea93

I didn't rate this product at all. I'm always in the market for an eyeliner that will be easy to apply and stay all day. It stayed all day, ill give it that. But it was nowhere near as easy to apply as I thought it would be and I feel like the applicator dries out so quick that I'm unable to get a straight fluid line on the first go. Overall I would not repurchase this but I know alot of people rave about it so maybe it's just not for me!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by JRom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not usually a fan of Lancome (their mascaras are especially horrible IMO) but after reading many amazing reviews of this product on Sephora.com, I was really pumped to try it out. I went to a Lancome desk and the sales lady opened a new bottle of the Artliner in black for me. I tried the product and was not impressed. I have tried drugstore eyeliners that were better than this.
The application is very easy, I liked how the brush felt in my hand, however the product is a bit watery and not so pigmented. I had to go over the same line a few time to get it to a decent black shade. This could because I have oily lids, so I say beware to those of you with the same problem.
The shape of the brush does not allow for precision when doing different thicknesses and shapes of lines and it was really easy to smudge.
Overall the product is just average in my opinion and for the hefty price of $37 dollars Canadian this product is definitely NOT worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2013 3:19:00 PM More reviews by Laughing010

I do agree that this is a great eyeliner. You can control the "pen" really good and get a straight nice line which frame your eyes. I really like this eyeliner but with my problem that I have, I found a waterproof eyeliner which is even better than thiis! Both price and staying power.

But with my porblem, I get very watery eyes when the wind hits them, this is an eyeliner which get smudged out because of my tears. To be more specific, it tends to disappear after a few teardrops. So people who are considering to wear this during a wedding or whatever, i would recommend using an waterproof eyeliner.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2013 5:10:00 PM More reviews by jessitanner

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Better than Stila's liquid eyeliner (I don't understand what the fuss was about that one - one of the worst eyeliners I've used).

I'm usually not a Lancome fan at all whatsoever, but the one thing that Lancome seems to do well (exceptionally well) is eye makeup and makeup removers (the exception, IMHO, being their mascaras - I very much dislike their mascaras). In addition to the Artliner, the only other Lancome products I use are the bi-facil makeup remover and white pencil eyeliner, both of which I love.

The Artliner comes in many color choices which is great.

Cons:
Slightly pricey.
When you look at the applicator it looks very glittery. But it doesn't go on glittery at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2013 12:13:00 AM More reviews by bnwhite93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was my first liquid eyeliner I ever used, and I will probably never switch. The application is smooth and lasting. I don't even know what else to say other than get to your local LancĂ´me counter and try this stuff!!!