September 30, 2014 | 1858 users online

Eyeliner - Lancome - Artliner

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 12:45:00 AM More reviews by m3iii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hands down THE BEST liquid liner in the market. I have re-purchased this product over and over and it never fails. The felt tip makes a precise line and allows for a smooth application.
The formula stays on all day and does not fade, flake or smudge. The artliner has a matte finish and drys quick upon application. After a whole day at work, the liner remains exactely the same as when applied in the morning.

Although the price is quite expensive, I use this product on a daily basis and one artliner lasts between 5-6months. Definitely a HG product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by Rsanzio

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I keep trying other brands of liner but nothing beats the Lancome Art Liner. Makeup usually falls off my face and I really have to scrub to get this off at the end of the day.

The brush is perfection, really precise, and the formula never skips. It's my liner by which all others are judged.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2013 8:10:00 PM More reviews by JScougs

This is by far the best liquid liner out there. I used this when I started wearing liquid liner because I found that it was easier to work with. Gives a nice thin line, doesn't smudge and stays all day. If you wear liquid liner a lot it's definitely worth the investment.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2013 1:40:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Why is it that I find a product that helps me achieve the look I want but it's also very expensive? Lancome's Artliner in Black is all of this.
I got this eyeliner along with a full size Hypnose mascara in a Black Friday special and this reduces the time it takes for me line my eyes, not to mention I use just this one product instead of two. (I was using Physician Formula's liquid liner with L'oreal infallible pencil liner to achieve that cat eye look)
It helps to shake the tube first before opening as I find if I don't, the felt tip doesn't have enough ink. The colour is a nice, rich black and it glides on so smoothly without any tugging. Best of all, the tip gives me that winged eye look in no time at all. (it does take practice but once you get the hang of it, it's a breeze)
The liner stays on all day without smudging and it removes easily.
Would I re-purchase? Yes, but I would still want to find a less expensive alternative.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2013 3:23:00 AM More reviews by kochanie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The best liquid liner I've ever used, for several reasons:

1(most important): stays all day, does not smudge, even when my eyes get watery (which happens a lot due to allergies in the summer, and harsh winter weather, between the two my eyes never catch a break). Most liners end up a smudgy mess, or the wing fades, but this ones really lasts and it doesn't even claim to be waterproof.
2: gorgeous, rich color in one application. doesn't go on sheer in some places or require multiple coats like some liquid liners do.
3: easy, precise application. it might take some practice to get a very thin line with this but it does create crisp, even lines, and it's very easy to do so with this.
4: easy to remove, despite it being long-wearing, it is very easy to remove with a cleanser. no tugging required and it won't ball up in your lash line like some do.

I'm probably even missing a few things but the point is that this is a spectacular liquid liner. I have it in black but I will have to try other colors! No it's not cheap but it lasts forever and is completely worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by ncb89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just returned this eyeliner. Not so crazy about it. The tip is not very precise, so it's tough to make a sharp winged effect. Although the consistency is nice, I felt as though the product ran off the applicator quickly, and I had to keep dipping it in over and over to finish my cat eye. I prefer Stila "Stay All Day" waterproof liquid liner over this 100%. I'll never sway from it again.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2013 11:06:00 AM More reviews by Desmetval

Awesome!

I've been using this eyeliner for several years now!
The tip of the brush is like a sponge, and very easy to use! Definitely recommend this for people who just started to line their eyes. I know how tricky it can be.
I know it's a little pricey, but it's really worth it!
When I put it on in the morning, it still looks good in the evening. Also, the black is very intense, which I like a lot.
I love it and I have nothing bad to say about it.
Totally recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2013 5:40:00 AM More reviews by Carys

This liner is one of my HGs because it does not budge. I have oily lids, and I've yet to find an eyeliner that can survive my 10 hour workdays without smudging, flaking, or giving me raccoon eyes, however faint. I do have to admit, however, that I always prime my lids with Urban Decay's Primer Potion, so I can't attest to this liner's staying power without the primer. (Every other liner that I've used, however, has also been used in conjunction with the same primer, so they're all getting equal treatment.)

I've tried waterproof and so-called "budgeproof" pencils galore, and pencils are some of the worst smudging offenders. I've used Bobbi Brown's gel liner, Stila's gel liner and their liquid liner, and Laura Mercier's cake liners, and they all leave me with varying degrees of flakes and smudges under my eyes by the end of the day, some faint, some not so faint (that would be Laura Mercier's). I used to even seal these liners with Benefit's She-Laq to lock them in place, which sucked because it just made my eye line shiny and plasticky looking. To date, Lancome's Artliner is the only one that stays without special treatment.

As far as ease of application goes, it's fairly straightforward and one of the easier liquid liners to apply (the easiest being Stila's liquid liner -- a Godsend if you like winging your liner). I favor the brown for every day, as it's dark enough to define but not super stark like the black, so it's a bit more forgiving.

Despite the fact that I'm not a Lancome fan, it's one of the items that I just can't live without in my makeup kit. My eyelids have a way of melting off almost all makeup, and my workaround involves three products: lid primer, tubing mascara, and this liner from Lancome. I just can't live without it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2013 11:50:00 AM More reviews by ChineseCricket88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use the black shade. Definitely shake before use, or the color comes out more gray-ish. Great for liquid eyeliner beginners like me. You can definitely achieve a thin line or a thicker line, depending on pressure. Comes off easily with makeup remover. Doesn't dry out.

Pretty expensive though.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by lndydhr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE IT. Pigmented, easy to apply, last forever. Definitely repurchasing.