October 21, 2014 | 1313 users online

Lips - Yves Saint Laurent - Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stain (All Shades)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2013 4:16:00 PM More reviews by misslizzybee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have always preffered lip stains over lipsticks. This is THE BEST lip stain I have ever found. One application is all I need, I use no.9 color. It is a beautiful red, the best red Ive found for my skin tone. The stain feels velvety, and if it comes off at all after long day, it wears off evenly and stains my lips a lovely punch color. I adore this lippie, and it is now the only lippie I will purchase. Ive heard one tube can last you 6mo, which is worth the price ($34 i believe). Also, this stain is VERY pleasant smelling :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2013 2:18:00 PM More reviews by dempsterstreet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I finally treated myself after hearing AAAALLL about these glosses all over the interwebs...
And I do love it, it's brilliant. I have it in the colour 11 which is a good cool red/pink on me. It's festive, extremely glam but can also be casual, if you apply it thinly and leave it to set as a stain. The decadent, chunky YSL bottle is lovely, even though I find the doe-foot sponge thingy takes a wee bit of getting used to...
I personally think a few coats are the best, wait for a minute or two for each layer to dry and you get a bright, glossy laquered lip that flashes brilliantly in photos and stays on surprisingly long. However, it still didn't quite live up to the reputation of food-and drink-proof.
Talk-proof, yes, but not quite the perfect unbudgeable coating I'd hoped for. But, it is certainly a beautiful (I don't mind the weirdish smell, I quite like it, it makes putting lip gloss on seem sciency :-)) and even when the top coat has gone you're still left with a very pretty squashed-berry smudge which I like a lot.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by 3110hello

I own two of these and have had them for over six months. At first I wasn't sure whether they really were worth the money, however, as time has passed I have become more and more of a fan. I apply one coat to my lips and wait until that dries and then apply a second coat. The color is true and it wears extremely well. Since I like gloss, I usually add a little to my lower middle lip and I am good to go. The gloss adds dimension - and makes these prettier, I think.

One of the things I most like (since I am not one of those gals who reapplies lipstick often) is that I can throw one of these in my bag and reapply after a meal and otherwise I have nice defined lips for hours.

... very expensive and so an investment, but mine are still going strong and I use them all the time.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2013 8:17:00 AM More reviews by brindadhillon

i love it! i love the feeling of it on my lips! its not at all sticky and doesn't even feel thick too. i have it in number 8 which is orange kind of colour. but i dont know it doesnt last on my lips once i start eating!!! its a stain so it should last whole day for its price. it is expensive but the staying power is poor plus it doesnt even stain my lips. for the time its on my lips looks amazing and feels amazing plus i love the colour also.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2013 7:41:00 PM More reviews by Lirong

Love it! Pricey but so good quality. Havent found a cheaper dupe.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2013 8:02:00 PM More reviews by earthymoon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is an amazing product. I have it in 9 and 11. There's really nothing to compare this too. You get nice opaque color and shine with one stroke. The applicator is shaped to precisely line the cupids bow and apply with minimal strokes. It may take a little practice for some but once you get the hang of it, application is quick and perfect. It really is like having lip liner, lipstick and gloss in one product that goes on super quick and lasts longer then the typical multi-step process. I find that the stain is lasting after the product is gone but since it applies so quickly, I usually reapply mid-day. Once the product sets after application, it is moderately good at not transferring. I can give my husband a good pressure peck but it won't last through a make out session. It also doesn't last well through eating with utensils but it fairs well with drinking from a glass or a straw.
UPDATE: Still using these and loving these. These are the Cadillacs of my lip gloss collection. Although they are pricey, I'm really contemplating purchasing more colors. I really feel like these are worth the money. BTW, it's super nice to have a nice red that doesn't feather.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2013 3:36:00 AM More reviews by catwebb0000

I absolutely love this product! I have it in #9 Rouge Laque and plan to buy a few more soon. It's not cheap at $52 from David Jones (Australia) but it's worth it. I love wearing lipstick, but find that I'm contsantly reapplying and it builds up and gets flakey and dries my lips out. Not this! The gloss has a huge amount of colour and stays on all day/night with very minimal applications. The gloss isn't thick or tacky and actually feels quite light on your lips. I haven't found that I need a liner either, if you apply it with precision the first time. It doesn't bleed either and doesn't stain straight away so if you accidentally mess up you can just wipe it off. Highly recommended.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by seattlegirl

I tried mine in "Brun Glace". the name implies that it would be brown, but it looks like a dark lilac in the tube, and on my lips turned a beautiful perfect raisin. the color actually had good staying power. however, I was unhappy that the glossy feeling would wear off so fast. it would only take two drinks at a party before I could no longer feel it on my lips and it made me want to run to the mirror to check on it. I expected better from such an expensive product.

if it cost less, I would have been willing to put up with that. I've worn other longwear lip colors where I'm able to learn to ignore the dry texture (as long as it keeps looking good). but I can find much more affordable longwear colors that perform the same. so I returned mine to the store. thankfully, nordstrom has an insanely generous return policy. always keep your receipt!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 4:33:00 AM More reviews by pictureperfect09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This are absolutely awesome. Last all day (or long enough for me not to complain) and decent shade selection. The best thing is that when they do wear off it isn't in unappealing uneven blotches. I was also worried the pigmentation would disappoint me like so many glosses do. Even the pale pink showed up on my medium skin tone, which I could not be happier to find. I've bought 3 or 4 different shades. I use it sparingly now bc the price point gets to me, but I wish I didn't have to (trust me, I tried the L'oreal wet shine stains and those just make you want this back).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 1:33:00 AM More reviews by poobear906

I LOVE the YSL glossy stains. I have it the colors #6 and #9.
#6 is a bright coral and #9 is a blue-based red. Both of which are DIVINE!
I don't think i've come across a product like this ever. Certainly nothing as long lasting, glossy, easy to apply and luxurious. These lip products truly last a long time. They are pricey but I've had mine for over 6 months now and i use them often. Totally worth every penny.