LORAC Unzipped

4.6

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

This is the second time I ever purchase a high end palette worth $42 (the first one was the Sustainable Shadow Box from Urban Decay). And it was actually sort of a mistake. Since I have reddish hair and a light warm undertoned skin I purchased the LORAC Unzipper GOLD palette on the Nordstrom website and it got stolen at my postal service, so I called and they sent this one as a replacement because they were out of stock for the palette I originally wanted.
When I opened it and saw the colors I was not dissapointed at ALL! All the colors are neutrals and browns with a pink or mauve undertone (except for Undercover, the bone white highlighting shade, and Undiscovered, the neutral pale gold color). I used it today for the first time and the colors are so saturated I actually over did the makeup a couple of times and had to start all over again. Just the TINIEST dab of the metallic or shimmery eye shadows are enough for your whole lid. Two of the matte eye shadows are not as rich in color but I could visualize why. Their purpose is most likely for transitioning or blending the eyeshadows at the crease, which worked amazingly well for my look. The only color that dissapointed me was Undercover because it is the least pigmented eyeshadow, it is actually quite chalky, but with a primer it shows really well. Other than that I have NO complaints about this palette.
The colors are rich, I can invent a variety of looks for day time as well as night time with this product, and the shadows are a great size for what you pay for. Highly recommend if you're looking for something very similar to the Naked 3 palette but $14 cheaper ;)

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

If you love neutrals, you can't go wrong with this palette. I really didn't "need" this palette since I have the Too Faced Chocolate Bar, but I can't help it, I have an addiction! :)

Colors are very saturated, so less is definately more. They're blendable and flattering on most complexions. If you're the type that doesn't really go for major color on the eyes, then this is for you. The only con is that I wish they had more mattes and less shimmer. Other than that I love it.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this palette! I think this palette is the be all and end all for a smoky, naked look.Soft silky feel to shadow, but not as much fallout as UD shadows. Very easy to apply, and lasts for hours and hours!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I love the colors in this palette, but as far as the quality of the shadows, they're just okay. Personally, I love the buttery smooth shadows in the Pro palettes, and these just aren't the same. You have to work a little more to build up the shadow intensity. The shadows feel much harder in the pans. I just don't find myself reaching for this palette because I don't enjoy using the eyeshadows as much as I wish I did. They're not awful, just not what I expected from Lorac.

Wow! I might be the only person that doesn't like this! I ordered it online through amazon.com because Lorac is not sold at Sephora anymore and is difficult to find in Canada. I like the slim packaging and the colours look great in the pan but for me, that's where the positives end. I find that the shadows don't have a lot of pigmentation, especially the lighter colours. I thought maybe is was because of the Lorac primer which I had used, but no...the same lack of pigmentation with UD primer, Laura Mercier, and TF shadow insurance. I'm not sure why these don't show up on me after so many positive reviews. Maybe I was sent a fake palette, but I doubt it. This one is a miss for me.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Oh my holly lord of the universe i love love looove this pallete! Pigmentation is 5/5, NO FALLOUTS (surprise!!), NO CREASING (record - without primer), great color selection!! Cant say anything bad BECAUSE THERE'S NOTHING BAD!

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Me:NW45ish.
Just. freakin'. gorgeous. As usual LORAC quality and blendibility is on point. I actually plan my OOTD around this palette. What is there to say that hasn't already been said. OH! I did buy the Coastal Scents Revealed 2 Palette and while I do enjoy it, LORAC knocked it outta the park. Are there Revealed 2 shade dupes, yep, but IMHO Lorac has that something extra that took it to the next level. Even though I got this with 20% off, I would not hesitate to re-purchase at full price.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Love this palette. It is more rose colored than it appears in pictures. My only complaint is there aren't enough mattes. The colors are smooth, no fall out, blend very well. Highly pigmented, a little gets the look you're going for.
I always get compliments on my eye makeup when I use this palette.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

PROS

- color selection
- pigmentation
- easy to blend
- no fallout

CONS

- not enough mattes

COMMENTS: I chose this over the Naked 3 palette and I'm so glad I did. It's such a lovely neutral palette. I find the colors pigmented and easy to blend. I wish there were more mattes, but overall it's still a very nice palette as I know I'll get use out of every color.

Will repurchase.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This is what I bought instead of the Naked 3 palette and I really love all the shades in this palette....espescially the gorgeous mattes. The champagne gold is soooo beautiful. Its like a lighter version of UD half baked. All of the shades here blend really well but the reason it doesn't get five is because it can sometimes take a few swipes to pick up some of the shimmery colors. They're kinda packed into the pan. But overall, wonderful palette.

Top Rated LORAC Products