April 19, 2014 | 1096 users online

Palettes - LORAC - Unzipped

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Eliiiiissaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've had this product for about 6 months and I LOVE IT. The eyeshadows are very flattering on ALL eye colors. Even if you're unsure about pink-y eyeshadows, you should try this palette! The colors show up a nice rose-gold color but still looks somewhat natural. This palette is very pigmented and creamy making it easy to blend. I've created TONS of gorgeous looks with this palette. The eyeshadows colors are, also, very cohesive (you don't need to buy additional eyeshadows to complete a look). It's somewhat similar to UD Naked 3 palette. But if Naked 3 came out when I was in the process of purchasing a new palette over the summer, I still would have choose the Lorac Unzipped. Both palettes are SUPER pigmented, but the Lorac Unzipped palette looks more natural and naked-like than the actual Naked 3 palette.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 4:44:00 PM More reviews by sunnygrl

At 1st I was undecided on whether to get this palette or the urban decay naked 3 palette. After swatching them both in the store I came to the conclusion that, the naked 3 palette was a little too frosty for my tastes and honestly I think the unzipped palette shades are kind of a more"grown up" way to do a nude eye without having to worry about all the glitter. when I 1st applied some of the shades to my eyes, I was a little nervous about the shades being a little too warm for my cool undertone but wow these colors make my green eyes pop! this was my 1st lorac purchase and I'm curious to try some of their other products.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2013 12:59:00 AM More reviews by Saspants

I thought it about time to share my love of this palette, not that it needs any more great reviews!

Like all LORAC eyeshadows, I found the shadows in this palette to have great pigmentation and wearability. All of Carol Shaw's eyeshadows are softly textured for easy application and blending without any tugging on your lids. This palette is a mix of mattes and shimmers, some more shimmery than others but all of them are absolutely beautiful and easy to wear.

This palette, the LORAC PRO palette and the little fold-up PRO to Go palette are in constant rotation in my collection and rarely see the inside of a drawer as they stay on top of my vanity for constant use.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2013 12:46:00 AM More reviews by Laurad01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

There are practically no bad reviews anywhere on this palette, and that's because it's friggin awesome. The colors are beautiful pinkish/purpleish/neutral natural looking colors. There is a good mix of matte and shimmer shades. They go on smoothly and stay on forever with the Urban Decay primer I use. I tossed the idea of buying the Naked or Naked 2 palette for a while and hesitated because of the price, but when I saw this one I bought it without a second thought. Lorac eye shadows can't be beat as it is, and these colors are just beautiful.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2013 3:01:00 AM More reviews by SimplePleasures

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Worth. Every. Penny.
I use this palette more than any of my other eyeshadows now. It is so easy to create looks with Unzipped, and they always come out gorgeous. And every shade is wearable! The shadows go on buttery smooth and last all day.

I am very pale, blonde, blue eyes and my mom is olive-toned, brown eyes, with chestnut hair. I used this palette on both of us for her wedding day and the pictures came out great. She looked so freaking gorgeous in these colours it wasn't even funny, I was even a bit jealous. So keep in mind, if you're going to be a bride, this palette is an excellent choice! :)

Unreal is my most favourite colour in the palette and I think one of the best eyeshadow colours I've ever seen. It's a truly unique metallic pinky-peach that just totally wakes up your eyes, and it works both as a highlighter and a lid colour. If I had to pick a least favourite shade it would be the white one, Undercover, because it is quite "stark" on its own and when I wear it as a browbone highlight I always need another highlighter to amp it up a little bit. However, its starkness is a blessing in another way- this matte white is the perfect inner corner highlighter that you can barely see but just brightens up your eyes without any glitter. I find when I use a glittery shadow in the inner corner, it always wanders underneath my eye a bit and the sparkles end up emphasizing the little lines we all have under our eyes. Not so with Undercover. Use this shade in your inner corner and nowhere else and it makes a HUGE difference.

There's lots of videos on Youtube showing you how to use Unzipped, so I recommend checking them out to get started, but I will leave you with one look that is quick and easy that I use a lot. Unreal all over the lid, lashes to brow, Unbridled on the outer half of the lid, blend well. Brown, black, or plum eyeliner as you see fit. It's that easy. If you want to deepen it a bit more throw a little Unconditional in the crease and Untamed on the outer V. Simple and gorgeous.

Definite buy again. This set is great value (and I scored mine for cheap in an Ebay auction, which is even better!). I'll write a separate review about the primer, but it is a GREAT bonus. I am glad that it came with the palette so that I was able to discover this primer; it's a true under-rated gem. Of course the shades in Unzipped work great with this colourless primer, but UDPP in Sin is another good choice with these shadows as the colours complement each other well.

I'll stop raving now. Stop balking at the price and go buy it! :)

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2013 10:27:00 AM More reviews by anniebasic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a warm, slightly lighter than medium skin tone with yellow undertone, like most asians, and for the longest time I've been looking for a palette exactly like this one. I like to keep my style as natural as possible but flirty or romantic at the same time, and other make up palettes such as the Naked series from UD (including the 3rd one) never seemed to be "the" palette for me because they were too shimmery, frosty, or geared towards fitting other skin tones (cool, fair, etc.) Also, in the Naked palettes, there were too many colors that I wouldn't end up using.

But that is not the case for the Lorac Unzipped palette. Once I had found out and read more about the Lorac unzipped, I knew I had found the palette I've been looking for and had to have it immediately. I canceled my order of Naked 3 from UD, tried to wait another 3 days for shipping for my Lorac to come in, caved, and just drove 14 miles to a store to buy it. This palette is THAT beautiful. The colors are definitely warmer than the ones from Naked 3, the consistency is buttery and the colors are pigmented, and the combination of these colors can not be seen in any other palette. You have rose golds, warm bronze, light gold, brownish purple mauve, dark brown, basically, any color you would want to create a more natural, yet flattering look that accentuates your eyes. I would recommend this to anyone, but especially to girls with similar skin tone and undertone.

The only con I can think of about this palette, is that a couple of the colors may look too similar to be distinguished from each other, but I still think they look different enough to go with their own specific looks.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by PreciousCharmer17

I bought 2 of these palettes just in case it ever got discontinued. Yup, I'm that crazy. It's out of stock everywhere and you can imagine why. This palette is truly remarkable. It's easy to blend and to create a natural look or if you're looking for something with a bit more edge, you can definitely create a night out on town look as well. This palette pulls more warm than cool. So if you're looking for a neutral/gold/warm eyeshadows than this palette is for you. I know that when I buy palettes, there are ALWAYS 2 or 3 shades that I never wear and use...BUT NOT THIS PALETTE. You will use every single shade in this palette, I guarantee it!!! This is my go to palette and I really don't think that'll ever change. DEFINITELY my HOLY GRAIL palette.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by kamberc94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This one to me is just overall much better than the Naked 3.
Don't shoot me.

There is much less shimmer, a never variety of burgundy and rosey shades and it is sleek.
The shades are SUPER useful in the winter time! I just love these shades and the creaminess and blendability!! I can'tsay it enough. The nakes are cute too!! Begin with "un" on every one of them

This has been my recent obsession lately.
The shadows are buttery and pigmented. Very blend able and I think they would work on just about every skin tone. Maybe not deep tones but I'm unsure.

Overall a great buy!!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2013 9:52:00 AM More reviews by Purplegal

I am very pleased with this palette. I love the colors of the UD Naked
Palettes, but they are way too shimmery for this 40 year old! Unzipped is a much better fit for me. All of the shades are flattering with my light skin and blue eyes. They are long lasting, blend well and IMO well pigmented - not so much that you need to use a light hand, instead you can build it to the perfect level for you. I think this palette would be flattering for most skin tones except for very dark skin.

My only complaint is the price tag - $40 seems a bit steep, but buying each color individually would cost much, much more. However , if I lose this palette or when I hit pan, I will definitely replace it! Good luck!

Update 12/13/13 - I am loving this palette! I constantly try new color combinations and love them. This is my favorite make up purchase in the last few months.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 10:02:00 PM More reviews by jadyxo

This palette is amazing! I bought the Naked 2 palette way before I bought this one but I can honestly say I use this one wayyyy more! It has really pretty, pigmented eyeshadows. I use it almost all the time when I'm wearing eyeshadow!