TRESemme Split Remedy Conditioner

2.8

on 2/26/2013 5:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

It smells great and it does what it says.

I had a lot of split ends before using this and I mean.. A LOT!
After maybe three uses I noticed most of my split ends weren't split anymore! It looked like they were bonding back together. It's amazing really.

on 1/28/2013 8:52:00 PM

Let me just start off by saying that the reason I purchased this product was to help remedy my split ends...but this product just made them worse. The conditioner was not the right texture, it did not feel silky or soft while wet. I pretty much always comb my hair while showering, but even that was difficult. I used this product for about 2 weeks before realizing that the cause of my hair breaking off 6 inches from the end was being caused by this shampoo and conditioner combo. My hair is a little longer then bra length and its an average thickness. I could not run my fingers through my hair during the day because it felt like it was stuck together. When I brushed me dry hair, I would have broken hair all over the floor, counter and on myself. I would NEVER buy this particular product from Tresemme again. I immediately changed my hair product and amazingly my hair was back at least brushable after the first use. My hair is still recovering from the damage cause by Tresemme Split End Remedy. Now I'm out $10 bucks and damaged hair... :-(

on 1/19/2013 5:45:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

best conditioner i have ever used hands down HG and nothing works for me i have used all including all salon..redken all soft etc anything you name it i have used it... kiehls..
this is the BEST and I cant believe its $4 for a HUGE bottle
im ecstatic, it didnt stop working either.

I HATE the other tresemme conditioners by the way.
ONLY this one is good to me and its EXTRA good,awesome,cant even believe it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this conditioner for free at a beauty event in a really huge 500 ml. bottle and started using it with no expectations at all (besides from trying to get rid of such an enormous packaging). Until then, none of the products I've seen from the brand caught my attention, as I didn't consider any of them would help me with the specific issues of my hair - sebum excess and loss of volume.
This one, however, turned out to be a nice surprise. Not only it did not weight the hair down (my biggest fear when it comes to products with a creamy consistency) but really help me with the moisture kick that the ends of my shoulder-long hair were lacking. Additionally, I noticed that it also made so much easier the wet combing process, especially with some stubborn tangles that I tend to have at the nape of my head. A wallnut-sized amount of product is enough to reach this results.

So yes, I must yield to the marketing and confirm that it indeed does what it promises. Maybe you won't trim your hair less often, but at least you can spare yourself to the shame of showing up in your salon with an all-split mess, which is obviously money-worthy.

on 12/27/2012 3:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I find that this product is decent but their are better out their it leaves my hair particularly smooth but gives it a weird texture a word to describe it would be gunky! Split ends can not be prepared no matter what you buy when your hair is split it is split!

on 12/12/2012 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

This was awful! Dry tangled hair was the result from using this crap. I even had the leave-in-conditioner from this line. It made my ends way worse. Then I looked at the ingredients...hydrolyzed keratin...the culprit. Avoid this line from tresemme like the plague!

on 12/5/2012 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Awful. I just bought this conditioner the other day, since I am a fan of TRESemme's conditioners. When I put it in on it felt like I was rubbing glue into my hair. Thought "Oh maybe this is just how it feels...." I waited about two minutes and rinsed. My hair did not feel moisturized even when it was still wet. Although I will say, for some reason it was pretty easy to comb my hair out (when wet). When my hair dried, it felt sticky and dry all day and was constantly getting tangled. I would brush it and my ends would get all staticy. Used it again this morning, just to give it another shot and got the same result. Worst conditioner I have ever used. I threw both the shampoo and conditioner in the garbage.

on 12/4/2012 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I HATE this product. It was terrible on my hair and didn't moisturize one bit. It was one of the weirdest conditioners I have ever used. It didn't even feel like it penetrated into my hair and did not leave my hair silky in the least. It almost felt like a shampoo instead of a conditioner. I even combed it through my hair with a wide toothed comb, like I do all conditioners. When I rinsed, it left my hair with an oily, odd film that made my hair look greasy & tangled. I will never purchase this again! BTW,I've got fine hair that is very long. I cant see this stuff working for anyone!

on 11/26/2012 1:25:00 AM

This stuff was awful! I used this right before getting my hair trimmed a couple of months back. It's hard to explain, but this stuff coated my hair with a weird film and the conditioner left it.. STICKY! My hair felt like sticky plastic. I don't know how to explain it. This shampoo and conditioner combo was just weird people! WEIRD! I did not like at all. Terrible. Do not recommend.

on 11/11/2012 1:15:00 AM

I love this conditioner. It leaves my hair feeling soft and smooth afterwards. It also smells amazing, and the smell stays in a long time. Of course it doesn't actually "get rid of" split ends (Only getting a haircut will do that) but it does help to conceal them.