July 28, 2014 | 2087 users online

Hair Color - Garnier - Nutrisse Nourishing Color Foam

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2013 5:33:00 PM More reviews by lothcat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The gist of the review below: The packaging says 100% gray coverage, but I just dyed my hair this morning and all the white strands are still there.

I have very dark hair, nearly black, and I'm just starting to go grey. It's just the odd white hair here or there, but it's noticeable since the rest of my hair is so dark, so I finally decided to dye my hair to cover them up.

I've dyed my hair before, but not often. I chose a color that was close to my natural hair color, maybe a touch darker, and I was careful to follow the instructions to the letter, starting with the hair at my hairline, then my part, then working the color through from my scalp to the tips.

I used almost the entire bottle of foam to make sure I had enough, and I was careful to massage all my hair (I've missed the hair near the scalp on the back of my head on a previous dye job and was determined not to make that mistake again). I took probably 20 minutes to massage the dye through my hair, and then when I was cleaning the dye off my forehead I noticed that some of the greys at my temple were still white, so I applied more dye to the top of my head.

Then I watched half an episode of Angel (25 minutes), like the instructions said, rinsed it all out in lukewarm water, used the conditioner, left it on ten minutes, rinsed it out, and let it air dry.

My hair is shiny and soft, the color is consistent (although it's my normal hair color, so that isn't saying much), but the white is still there. It's frustrating.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2013 2:45:00 PM More reviews by Brandelyn83

I have medium brown hair with blonde highlights that I had put in a few months ago. My roots were starting to come out and I didn't feel like going back to the salon. I was looking for a cheaper option and decided to try a box color. I was nervous about making a mess and the dye messing up my highlights. I am pleased with the results! The foam was easy to apply and was not messy at all. I am happy with the color and it covered my highlights pretty well [not 100% but I didn't expect it to]. I would definitely recommend the product and would use it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/5/2013 10:17:00 AM More reviews by Kitty24245

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Came out very dark, nothing like the picture. It was very ashy on my lighter hair, greeny grey tones, and very warm on my dark blonde hair and roots (mousey)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2013 5:43:00 PM More reviews by katie0804

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Disappointing. I used Dark Intense Auburn and my hair has barely any red in it at all. The color is an extremely dark brown. The only time you can see the red is when I am directly under lights, or outside (it looks great then). I wish my hair was the color it is when I am outside.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2013 7:44:00 PM More reviews by Lizzieee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been dying my hair at home for 10 years and have always been on and off in choosing hair dye brands as I change the colour of my hair often and different brands produce better colours.

I used this product in 6 (light brown) several months ago on my dark blonde hair, I was aiming to get my hair to nice light brown then get it highlighted professionally. This dyed my hair to a brown so dark it was nearly black and no matter how hard I tried it would just not fade through washing! I eventually gave up and stripped this out of my hair.

Also my hair was in extremely good condition before (the hairdresser always comments on how good the condition is especially with me dying it at home so much!) It severely damaged my hair and had to have an inch taken off my ends because of the mess it was in!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2012 12:02:00 AM More reviews by sawyer01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HORRIBLE.
DID nothing but dry my hair out. The color on the box didnt match the results, didnt do anything to my hair AT ALL!
Total waste of money!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2012 7:36:00 PM More reviews by ellann

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have wavy course mediterranean hair. I used Icy Golden Brown
IG 6 . I left it stay on my hair for more than 40 minutes. It has very poor grey coverage(30%) also grey turns yellowish grey no more different than what it was before, the rest of my hair came out very dark brown alittle bitt lighter that black. Also it is a semi foam not complete foam. becareful because the color dripping and it dripped over my face it is very messy. also the color faded after my second
wash although I washed with color protectant shampoo.
Never buy it again.
Also 1 bottle was hardly enough for my short hair. ha ha what a hair color !!!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/28/2012 2:38:00 PM More reviews by Cropsey

I chose dark blonde...over lighter shade of blonde that I have.
It is brown now!
I followed the directions exactly.
I'm wondering how long I have to wait to color it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2012 3:38:00 PM More reviews by KarenB927

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have always used Garnier hair color products. I've used other ones, but always go back to Garnier. I had tried the L'Oreal Mousse Sublime and liked the foam hair color, but wasn't really impressed with the actual color. When Garnier came out with the foam, I knew I had to try it. I chose the medium brown because I was trying to cover gray and go back to my natural color. On me it came out very dark brown, but it actually looks good. It makes my blue eyes really stand out. And by using shampoo and conditioner for color treated hair (Pantene Color Shine), there is minimal fading between coloring, and the minimal fading means my roots are actually invisible because they're the same color (finally) as the rest of my hair. It's been been so long I wasn't even sure what my real color was anymore. I have used this twice now, and probably will keep this color because it's closest to natural and now I just have to color my hair to cover my grays. This is my favorite hair dye and my favorite hair color.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2012 9:56:00 AM More reviews by Monday1

I saw all the negative reviews on here after I bought this dye, but I'm happy to report I didn't have any of the problems others had. I'm low-risk because my hair is very dark and I just color it a little darker, to control a few grays and sun-bleaching. I got "darkest brown" and had no problems at all. Went on easily, completely covered my roots, rinsed out pretty well, the conditioner was good, and my hair shows no damage. My hair is no less shiny, strong or moisturized than it was before the coloring. I had no dripping, didn't stain the tub from washing out, and the few marks on my forehead and neck came off quickly. The color came out correctly. My hair is about bra-length but one package was plenty for me. I had been getting my color done at the salon but now I see no reason to keep spending the money--this was easy and so much cheaper.

I did not follow the directions re timing. I just started with my roots and then kept going through the rest of it, finally leaving it all to sit for around 15 minutes. The directions said to only leave the shaft with color in for about 5 minutes, on top of 20 for just the roots (if you're doing a touch-up). I found it easier to just go in one shot, and I don't see any negative consequences.

I do wish the package included a plastic cap for wearing around the house while you're waiting.