October 21, 2014 | 1267 users online

Hair Color - Garnier - Nutrisse Nourishing Color Foam

rated 1 of 5 on 6/17/2013 7:49:00 AM More reviews by pooch14

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Terrible product!! i have approx 20% white hair among my mid/dark brown hair and i have been coloring for a few years now. This dye was no easier to apply than any other hair dye (i squirt a heap on my gloves and massage it in to my scalp and work my way to the ends rather than bother with all that sectioning polava) This has always given me good results but i found alot of hair dyes have a note of red/orange in them which was picked up mostly by the whites. So I saw the no 4 in brown at the supermarket and it didnt look as if there was a hint of red in it and although this is true, my white roots are still white after a 45 minute application of this rubbish. Will not use again, shame I bought 2 on an offer because the 2nd one is going straight in the bin.....the hunt for mid brown hair dye to cover the white roots continues :(

rated 1 of 5 on 5/8/2013 5:50:00 PM More reviews by hc78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased the new hair color foam in light intense auburn. It totally sucked. First there was too much product for the container and it overflowed and spilled out when I put on the pump. Then it did not mix per instructions. I had to throw the whole thing out and now back to the store to buy another product. Very disappointed in this foam! Worst hair care product I have ever used.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/5/2013 6:27:00 PM More reviews by sherry715

This foam hair color DRIPS! I left it on for 25 minutes and it DID NOT COVER THE GRAY. I am very dissatisfied, as I thought Garnier made better hair products than this.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2013 5:36:00 PM More reviews by Eirwen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My hair is in between a medium and dark brown, but it's easily lightened by the sun, so it gradually fades to a blond at the ends. I wanted my hair all one color so I picked this up in the color dark brown. The foam idea is great and it was easy and quick to apply. The color turned out just a couple shades darker than my natural color, which is what I was hoping for. It was even all over and I loved it. But after two washes it's completely gone. My hair is back to the exact same way it was before I dyed it.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2013 1:48:00 AM More reviews by FeralCreature

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I chose to try this hair color for a few reasons; it was the cheapest available that I also had a coupon for, they had a color that looked like what I was going for, it was available in my town (while very few hair colors are).

First, about my hair: nearly waist length, fine strand but A LOT of them. Easily tangled, especially with product in it and thus, hard to color without missing spots. Better luck so far in life with drugstore hair dye (and usually great luck with Garnier) versus salons. Naturally medium-dark strawberry blonde but, except for the half inch of growth at the roots, it was light-medium blonde at time of coloring.

Firstly, the foam applies well for me. It's packaged with a foaming pump bottle and I did have to be quick from pump to hair because it liquefies rather quickly. I was worried at first that I wouldn't get good coverage but the foam seems to travel through the thickness of my hair both of it's own accord as well as when gently lathered every few minutes as the directions suggest. I *almost* got full saturation with one box and I always need two - I used the second one I bought anyway, just in case.

Smells less gross than most DS dyes, but still like hair dye.

I left it on for twice the recommended time, because I usually have to,plus I forgot about it.

Easy to rinse and the conditioner didn't feel overly *coating* which I think it great, since most hair dyes/conditioners have to be washed 5 or 6 times before my hair feels normal/ non-heavy-and-greasy again.

COLOR: Meh. I bought 9 - Light Blonde, which looked, according to the box pic, like it would be about 2 shades lighter than my current hair and less red. It DID take out most of the red (naturally occurring with most hair colors on me) but actually darkened my hair about 1 shade. I specifically looked at the photo comparisons on the box before buying to see that it showed lightening even already light blonde hair - nope. Darkened mine.

The next time I washed I got that dreaded, bleach-accident hair. For those of you who have not experienced it, you can tell your hair has been damaged when you go to shampoo - if it feels more like kneading a bowl of pudding than washing hair, you're screwed. At least for a little while. I have only experienced this once before after a terrible home experiment many years ago with actual bleach. So the fact that this damaged my hair, maybe about half as much as BLEACH, without lightening it at all is more than just frustrating.

Lucky for me, the color is close to my natural and therefore okay to leave as is for a few months while my hair recovers. But I will certainly not buy Garnier Color Foam again. This is the first time Garnier has so disappointed me, WTH, Garnier? WTH?

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2013 5:33:00 PM More reviews by lothcat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The gist of the review below: The packaging says 100% gray coverage, but I just dyed my hair this morning and all the white strands are still there.

I have very dark hair, nearly black, and I'm just starting to go grey. It's just the odd white hair here or there, but it's noticeable since the rest of my hair is so dark, so I finally decided to dye my hair to cover them up.

I've dyed my hair before, but not often. I chose a color that was close to my natural hair color, maybe a touch darker, and I was careful to follow the instructions to the letter, starting with the hair at my hairline, then my part, then working the color through from my scalp to the tips.

I used almost the entire bottle of foam to make sure I had enough, and I was careful to massage all my hair (I've missed the hair near the scalp on the back of my head on a previous dye job and was determined not to make that mistake again). I took probably 20 minutes to massage the dye through my hair, and then when I was cleaning the dye off my forehead I noticed that some of the greys at my temple were still white, so I applied more dye to the top of my head.

Then I watched half an episode of Angel (25 minutes), like the instructions said, rinsed it all out in lukewarm water, used the conditioner, left it on ten minutes, rinsed it out, and let it air dry.

My hair is shiny and soft, the color is consistent (although it's my normal hair color, so that isn't saying much), but the white is still there. It's frustrating.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2013 2:45:00 PM More reviews by Brandelyn83

I have medium brown hair with blonde highlights that I had put in a few months ago. My roots were starting to come out and I didn't feel like going back to the salon. I was looking for a cheaper option and decided to try a box color. I was nervous about making a mess and the dye messing up my highlights. I am pleased with the results! The foam was easy to apply and was not messy at all. I am happy with the color and it covered my highlights pretty well [not 100% but I didn't expect it to]. I would definitely recommend the product and would use it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/5/2013 10:17:00 AM More reviews by Kitty24245

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Came out very dark, nothing like the picture. It was very ashy on my lighter hair, greeny grey tones, and very warm on my dark blonde hair and roots (mousey)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2013 5:43:00 PM More reviews by katie0804

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Disappointing. I used Dark Intense Auburn and my hair has barely any red in it at all. The color is an extremely dark brown. The only time you can see the red is when I am directly under lights, or outside (it looks great then). I wish my hair was the color it is when I am outside.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2013 7:44:00 PM More reviews by Lizzieee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been dying my hair at home for 10 years and have always been on and off in choosing hair dye brands as I change the colour of my hair often and different brands produce better colours.

I used this product in 6 (light brown) several months ago on my dark blonde hair, I was aiming to get my hair to nice light brown then get it highlighted professionally. This dyed my hair to a brown so dark it was nearly black and no matter how hard I tried it would just not fade through washing! I eventually gave up and stripped this out of my hair.

Also my hair was in extremely good condition before (the hairdresser always comments on how good the condition is especially with me dying it at home so much!) It severely damaged my hair and had to have an inch taken off my ends because of the mess it was in!