August 20, 2014 | 2020 users online

Lipstick - Christian Dior - Addict Extreme

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2012 1:04:00 PM More reviews by celegia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I must admit that I'm very impressed by the quality of Dior Addict Extreme lipsticks.
For years my signature lipstick has been Rouge Coco 05 Mademoiselle and I thought to have found the Holy Grail using it everyday: classic packaging, perfect coverage and flattering color.
But last June I received a free sample of Dior Addict Extreme in Lucky, n. 536, the same shade wore by Kate Moss in the magazine ads.
In the beginning I "forgot" it in the bottom of my bag, because the tube looked very shockingly pink.
Nothing against Eighties style, but it simply doesn't fit me. So I decided to give it away. Luckily I didn't!
After the first try, I've become addicted to Lucky. It's absolute perfection! The color, a watery strawberry red, is close to Rouge Coco Mademoiselle, just a little bit pinker and less red-brown, but the texture is heaven!
It gives the sensation of a lipbalm on lips with the bonus of a color that can last for hours with the help of a lipliner for contouring.
Okay, I confess: J'adore Dior!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2012 12:18:00 PM More reviews by jamster86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love love LOVE this lipstick. It's little on the expensive side so I tend to reserve it for special occasions and use MAC for my daily use. I have it in Belissima which is a cool toned red with a definite pink tinge. It looks more red in the tube, but more pink on the lips. It goes on with a lovely sheen and feels soft and smooth. It lasts reasonably well, but as it fades leaves a lovely stain on the lips - so even if you can't reapply it still lasts most of the day, even through eating and drinking. The packaging is nice if a little bit chunky to carry around! It layers well so you can make it as much of a sheen or an intense pigment as you want. I tend to put some on, let it settle as a stain and then apply another layer some minutes later for a bolder finish. Well worth the splurge if you want to feel just lovely when you put it on. Fantastic!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2012 4:22:00 PM More reviews by Zetaflickan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is a silicone based lipstick. It looks shiny at first, but the shine disapears quickly and leaves a pretty stain.
To me personally, it's too dry. But the colours are beautiful. Perfect shades for lighter skin colours.
Riviera is the only lipstick I've used lately that people ask me what it is and want to buy it (I work selling makeup).
There are shades to fit most skin tones. They look nothing like the plastic knobs on the testers, have to be tried on.
I wear it to sell it, but haven't made up my mind yet if I want to wear it on my free time.
But I do have very dry lips (only comfortable lipstick for me is Bare Minerals and ELF mineral lipstick), haven't had anybody else complain about the lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2012 8:38:00 PM More reviews by annnnnnnnnnn

I got hooked on this entire line after I received a sample of Lucky from Sephora. It looks super bright but I love it on! I also love Fireworks and Plaza. I really want to try out some neutrals too.

This is amazing and hydrating-- it got me hooked on all Dior lip products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2012 11:19:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

I own the shade Plaza, which is a bright but not overpowering fuchsia. I absolutely love it. It applies very creamy and moisturizing without feeling thin like the Rouge Coco Shines. Despite the creamy, slippery consistency, lasting power is very good. I love that it wears off evenly and leaves an even pink stain. As for the packaging - it's unnecessarily bulky, but feels solid and luxe. There isn't any obvious scent that I'm aware of. I'd love to pick up a few more shades for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2012 1:30:00 AM More reviews by ChloeYoung

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I went crazy wanting one of these when the Kate Moss Ad came out--she's just so charming.So I tried them out in Sephora,fortunately and somehow unfortunately :I want them all.the colors are pretty,from bold reds to elegant nudes,the texture is even better than the old Addict ones,no sparkles ,only moiturizing shine.when compared to chanel coco shines, addict extreme gets better color payoff,as a real lipstick.coco shine is more like a colored lip balm.finally I picked 639 riviera,a fierce red undertoned coral ,the only similar shade I can think of is Tom Ford wild ginger,which is different in texture(classic creme finish) and pricier.
the packaging is pretty,dark blue casing is more elegant and sophisticated than the old silver ones.
I guess when fall comes, I'll pick up the shade incognito,such a pretty nude.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2012 10:11:00 PM More reviews by Caramellane

I own the shade silhouette #339 and find that it's the perfect natural looking muted, nudish, peachy pink. I wouldn't quite call it nude because it's not beigey or brown, but it really resembles my natural lip color with just a hint of peach, there is nothing bright or unnatural about this shade. This shade will work perfectly with a smokey eye. The textureis somewhat sheer with a touch more pigmentation in comparison to the regular dior addict lipsticks. Has a slight balmy feel and lasting power is probably about the same the regular addict line, 1-3 hours wear maybe? For those of you who dislike this line of lipsticks, maybe try ysl rouge voluptes. I prefer the feel and lasting power of them over dior, but the shade range doesn't include any natural looking peachy nudes. Overall I would maybe buy again but only during Sephora f+f since the quality doesn't match the $30 price tag.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2012 12:57:00 PM More reviews by LittleAmanda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

LOVE this product. I received a sample of "Lucky" with a recent Sephora purchase and was initially put off when I saw the color. I do not wear brights or corals so when I saw this, I thought "Yup, giving this to my sister!" I swiped it on anyway, just for kicks and was BLOWN AWAY. The color was absolutely gorgeous. So wearable for anyone. It's sheer, but still super pigmented so that you get a nice pop of color and it doesn't clash with my cool undertones. It doesn't last too long, but i don't mind reapplying. It's very moisturizing and is just a great lipstick. I promptly bought 3 full size (and I am not the type to typically drop $30 on a lipstick). i got a full size Lucky, and also Belissima and Paparazzi. The last two have more staying power than Lucky as they are a tad more pigmented and fade to a nice stain. All 3 colors are buildable and both Belissima and Paparazzi can be toned down with blotting, if you prefer. These are extremely versatile. I think these 3 colors will suit every and any occasion and I would also like to try Holiday and Avenue...and Riviera...and well, every color available.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2012 9:07:00 AM More reviews by siobbhan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this lipstick. It feels great on my lips. It doesn't dry them out which most lipsticks do. It lasts - not 6 or 7 hours more like 2 to 3 which for something that feels so good is great.

I have it in Lucky and Riviera. Both colors are perfect for warmer weather.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2012 7:51:00 AM More reviews by NotACliniqueGal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I treated myself to this lipstick in Lucky, and I am so impressed!
I have written a review for the original Addict lipstick, and gave it 4 lippies, but imo this one deserves 5.

The packaging is slick and looks very couture, this was what attracted me to the lipstick in the first place!

The colour is a beautiful pink/coral/red, leaning slightly cool.

I can't detect any scent or taste, and it feels very comfortable on my lips (which are not overly dry).

The finish is glossy, but it really does stay on! I get about 8 hours wear, even with eating and drinking. The lipstick doesn't bleed or move, and when it doesn eventually wear off, it doesn't leave a ring around the lips!

My HG lipsticks were MAC, but I think that the wear time combined with the comfort and overall look of this lipstick will make this my HG! The colour range just needs to be extended :)

I think I will go back and purchase Fireworks and Plaza!