December 20, 2014 | 1578 users online

Top/Base Coats - Orly - Nail Defense Strengthening & Repairing Basecoat

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2005 8:42:00 PM More reviews by Kkb4u

I love this stuff! I've been using it on and off for about 4 years and I recommend it to everyone. My nails stay hard and they grow incredibly fast.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2004 7:06:00 PM More reviews by wildcardgal

I love this stuff. I use it as a base coat, let it dry and then apply polish (or not) and then Orly Calcium Shield as a top coat and my weak, much-bitten nails have been steadily improving.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2004 4:40:00 PM More reviews by brendapuch1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I think this is a very good product. It does not peel off like most other nail strenghtheners that I had previously tried. I'm halfway through the bottle, and my nails look great. I will definitely purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2003 8:50:00 AM More reviews by Principessa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I didn't think this product lived up to its promises. It was actually kind of a waste- it didn't do anything. As a clear nail polish, it's nice, but don't expect it to prevent chips, breaks, or make your manicure last any longer than it normally would.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2003 6:47:00 PM More reviews by chopstix888

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

was an ok product, nothing special. my nails still chipped and peeled like they normally would w/o this product

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2003 9:23:00 PM More reviews by chase

Why don't more people talk about this product?! It's great, can be used as both a base and top coat. Or 2 coats of this on its own will give your nails a nice shine. Doesn't chip for days, this baby lasts! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2002 4:35:00 PM More reviews by MeditativeRose

I bought this as an alternative to Nailtiques Formula 2, which I find pretty expensive. The Orly is pretty much the same, and I had very similar results. My nails, which I have bitten on and off forever, grew long, strong and healthy. This is a great product, available at the drugstore, for a fraction of the price of Nailtiques.