July 25, 2014 | 1535 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Stay Matte Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2014 11:53:00 AM More reviews by ababyduckwaslost

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am ghostly pale and I was surprised when this line had my color (light ivory) so i bought it and it is pretty nice. I don't have to powder my face as much during the day. I would say from having to powder between every period to maybe until maybe after gym (i actually participate for those wondering why) . I do have breakout but I can't say it is from this...my face has always been crappy.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2014 11:19:00 AM More reviews by baileenicolesmith

So thick! I definitely broke out, clogged my pores like crazy. Good coverage and color match, though.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2014 9:33:00 AM More reviews by mmmsol

this product worked wonderful on my skin without looking cakey. I used this product with a beauty sponge... although it is suppose to be a matte... the oil in my gace did peak through so I had to use a aetting powder. This product was pretty good for the price, I got it for about 4 dollats at my local walmart. The color I got was soft beige and was a perfect match for my skin!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2014 11:42:00 PM More reviews by likedelicate

I want to start by saying that I loved this product...until it broke me out. The packaging was nice and easy to work with. The price was absolutely fantastic, I bought this at walgreens for 4.99. It's full coverage and very mattifying, but it does make dry patches look worse, so I wouldn't recommend this for someone who has very dry skin. Overall this product worked very nicely but for my combination skin the matte look did not last very long. After 2 hours I noticed the oil on my t-zone. If my skin hadn't broken out from this I would have probably repurchased.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2014 5:30:00 PM More reviews by blog_antagonist

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Eh. Not awful, but not fabulous. The price is terrific, and the color match (Ivory 100) is one of the best I've ever had from a drugstore foundation. Also, the oil control is exceptionally good. For those reasons, I can make it work.

But I definitely don't categorize this as Holy Grail status for the following reasons:

The formula is very dry and doesn't really meld with skin well. The coverage, while I would classify it as medium to full, is not terribly smooth and even, despite careful blending. Those factors mean that it's quite visible and not very natural. It's very clear I am wearing makeup. It did not do a good job of filling in pores, which is a common problem I have with long wearing foundations. I used a primer (Rimmel Fix and Perfect Pro) which helped, but didn't solve the problem completely. And for God's sake, do not put this anywhere near your undereye area. It's a nightmare if you have even the finest of lines.

Again, it's not terrible. You could definitely do worse, especially at this price point. If you're on a budget it's a product that will do what you need, even if it's not completely perfect. I do like that they've finally realized "orange" is not a shade range and provided some options for fair skinned people. Previously even their lightest shade was too dark for me, so that's progress.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2014 3:28:00 PM More reviews by Amynichol14

THIS PRODUCT IS ONE WORD ..... PERFECT.
I ALMOST CANNOT PHYSICALLY EXPRESS HOW MUCH I LOVE THIS PRODUCT

Is this foundation a fair price? Yes.
Did they have a good shade for me? Yes.
Did it seem like a very promising purchase? Most definitely.
Was it. YOU CAN BET YOUR LUCKY STARS IT WAS.

So what went WRIGHT?
*The packaging. Not the best Looks pretty sleek and everything, but there isn't a box or pump.
*The shade selection! There are a lot of different shades for fairer people, but looking on the website, there is very little selection for darker skin tones. The shades made for very fair skin (like I am) are very medium tone. I have pinky undertones, so obviously they looked good on me. (after the first shade I got didn't suit me, I went back and tried others they all mached except the really dark ones.)

Do yourself a favor- and buy this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2014 1:24:00 PM More reviews by raindrops_on_roses

I picked this up after seeing Lisa Eldridge use it in a tutorial. I had been using foundations from the L'Oreal True Match line, which were fine, but just had a little bit too much slip to them, even with powder. This product is AMAZING. First of all, I got it at Ulta for $4.99.....which is like a third of what you pay for good drugstore foundations nowadays. The texture is like a mousse, but it's only creamy as long as it takes to apply it....it dries completely. Some people may even find it dries too much. This "dry mousse" texture is what I am loving right now. I use the Stay Matte powder too, but you could even skip powder with this and be fine. The coverage is great. The packaging is minimal, but fine. I prefer pumps, but this kind of tube is the next best thing.

For some people, they are going to find it to be cakey and pore-emphasizing. If you are self-conscious about your pores, or have super dry skin, this may not be for you.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2014 9:47:00 AM More reviews by sarahmedeiros

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am reviewing the new formulation in the purple crown tube. I know this has gotten a ton of love lately on youtube and even on here, but no. No no no. I got super excited to try it, along with the new stay matte primer 003, but it's really, really not nice on the face. The mousse colors have a very limited range, and while ivory was the closest thing to my skintone, it was still a tad bit yellow for me. I'm NC15 with some reddish pink undertone. Not only that, but my god does it ever cling to every problem spot on your face! Impossible to spread, even with a damp beauty blender, I ended up with thicker patches in certain areas, resulting in a streaky, spongy looking finish. It also transfers like a b***h. Definitely returning this even though it was only 10 bucks, I can't imagine wearing it for longer than an hour. Oh, and stay matte my butt! Sure the formulation is super matte, but also cakey, and I was oily not even 2 hours later! If you really want to try it go for it, it's cheap, but you get what you pay for with this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 8:13:00 PM More reviews by Jennamilne1998

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

New formulation is great.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 6:20:00 PM More reviews by Fallenangel1241

I am reviewing the new formulation of this product. I picked up the Light P. (NC25) shade at Ulta for $4.99 and have completely stopped using my tried and true Kat Von D foundation ever since. The packaging is very user-friendly-I have seen a lot of reviews comparing this product to Revlon Colorstay Whipped foundation, and while this product, in my opinion, is superior in MANY ways, it is without out question packaged better than the bulky RCSWF. Medium to FULL coverage, non-creasing under the eyes, extremely buildable with a lightweight, silky feel. Incredible staying power, mattifying....beautiful! Oily skinned gals, acne-prone gals-TRY THIS! It obviously isn't meant to work for the drier among you but if you struggle with oil production, uneven skin tone and texture, breakouts or hard to cover areas-this stuff is worth a try! I picked up 4 more tubes today and at the price point, you've got nothing to lose!