December 20, 2014 | 1170 users online

Mascara - Essence - I Love Extreme - Volume Mascara

rated 1 of 5 on 4/13/2014 5:42:00 PM More reviews by LaDolceVita8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

You get what you pay for. This mascara formula is first of all too "wet" for me and it applied very clumpily. I could get past that though because you can just apply it carefully and it won't be so bad, but the thing that made me decide to throw it away is the fact that it transfers really badly. After a few hours I had raccoon eyes as the mascara had transfered to the bottom of my eyes.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2014 11:47:00 AM More reviews by barbaravb

Very clumpy, don't like at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2014 4:54:00 PM More reviews by LinaGranita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This mascara absolutely shocked me. I normally buy the expensive brands (don't get me wrong I still do) like Chanel ''Inimitable intense'' which is one of my favourites because of the tone of black that it has and the way it works after a couple of coats BUT this mascara works just as well as any other mascara that costs 40$ +. I paid 2.99 Canadian and when I first tried it I laughed and said to myself where have I been throwing my money on mascaras all this time? For my lashes, it thickens and it definitely makes them longer, does it have that outstanding pitch black tone to it? no but everything else works like a gem. If you get what i'm saying, certain mascaras that are pitch black have this specific glow and your lashes just look outstanding. Love extreme is my every day mascara and honestly for the price, you won't be disappointed. It doesn't dry out fast compared to the Chanel one I use and it's also a lot easier to remove with a good eye makeup remover. Yes I would buy it again and I definitely suggest it!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2014 2:59:00 PM More reviews by iron_goddess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Tried this on today for the first time and I am a little disappointed. The formula dries really quickly and results in OK thickness not OMG thick lashes. You have to work quick and deftly on applying a second or third coat because it will clump if you don't. I credit my thicker than usual lashes to the humongous wand which allows it to apply more product. Had the formula been slightly wetter, I could have put on more coats comfortably. On the plus side, this is super cheap and readily available. Also, it holds the curl well and so far hasn't flaked. Neither does it have an annoying scent like some mascaras do. You can use this to practice your mascara application techniques. However, if you are looking for showstopping lashes, there are better options. Overall, an OK mascara at a bargain basement price.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2014 9:11:00 PM More reviews by Mrswhitelaw

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Essence cosmetics are simply amazing. The quality for the price is something I haven't found elsewhere and this mascara is no different. The formulation is nice, not too wet and it's not too dry either. I have naturally very long lashes and if a mascara is too wet or the brush is rubbery (like those lash blast ones) my lashes just all stick together and I look like Marge Simpson. My only suggestion with this mascara would be that this brush is too fat in circumference. But for $2.99--this is as good as Clinique High Impact IMO.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by sclaire

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have blonde lashes, and you can hardly see them, and so I love big brushes. This mascara makes them ultra black and volumizes them dramatically: for me it´s perfect! I love maximum volume! Doesn´t make them all dry and spidery, makes them "fat" and black, I absolutely love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2013 4:51:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This does a great job lengthening my lashes but only gives decent volume for me. The brush is thick which I don't mind and it has a nice concentrated black color that hasn't caused any smudging or clumping on my oily lids. It also hasn't caused any irritation to my eyes which is a plus. So far I am really loving this (My other favorite is L'oreal voluminous) and it was less than three dollars at Ulta.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2013 4:35:00 PM More reviews by flower_girl13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

First of all I will start off by saying that I am very fussy with mascaras - I hardly ever find ones I like! I was very impressed with this one - it didn't clump on me, and it builds big long lashes without looking gaudy. It does smudge a little bit though, doesn't fully remove with cleanser, and the big brush can get mascara on your eyelids! But for the price and effect it is well worth it, even just as a "going out" mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2013 10:47:00 AM More reviews by demiller

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Uncurls my lashes. Straightens them out. The wand is too fat to reach corners without getting all over my lids.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2013 8:57:00 AM More reviews by calooza

I tried the pink bottle mascara, from this line, and i really enjoyed it, I mean, IT'S THE BEST MASCARA EVER, no doubt. This one has also really good reviews, so i decided to give it a go when i ran out of the previous one.

I like it! It gives volume and big lashes. It holds the curve, and i don't find that it clumps. It also doesn't smudge and separate the lashes really well.

Big plus: it's really cheap (i paid 3,49 €)

I'm happy with it but i wouldn't repurchase it because the pink one works better for me..