April 18, 2014 | 1268 users online

Lip Treatments - Maybelline - Baby Lips lip balm in Pink Punch

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2013 1:57:00 AM More reviews by lollipopgraceE

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love the color and smell of this tinted lip balm! It's moisturizing but definitely not as much as the Asian version of Babylips (thinner tube). The only thing is that it's not transfer proof (like many other moisturizing lip colors). But the color is just too pretty so I will definitely repurchase! :) And the smell is damn amazing.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2013 2:53:00 PM More reviews by Yvonneay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I must say, JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE, that I did pick one of these up because Beauty Gurus on YouTube raved about it.

And like everyone else in these reviews, they fell way short of what I was expecting.

I live in Colorado, dry weather = dry EVERYTHING. So anything that claims to be moisturizing is a must try.

I tried this without using my normal lip balm to see if it would make any difference. Could I replace my moisturizing ChapStick that I have to constantly keep putting on for this Baby Lips? Unfortunately, that is a no. The formula is very creamy, and nice to apply, like lip balm, but once it's there for a bit, it dries up and feels like I have to apply more or lick my lips or something. It went straight for my lip "cracks" (I don't really know what to call them), and it stayed there no matter how much I tried to smoother it out again. Considering my lips also become dry when I don't use ChapStick for more than half a day, I decided to try something else.

I wore my chapstick underneath the baby lips. This works for me. I still get the moisturizing from my own chapstick, and I get the nice pretty pink color from this product. And for some reason, the color doesn't get stuck in those lip "cracks". So, in this case, it's a win! And... who can resist that smell?!? I LOVE things that smell delicious! :P

Obviously, this doesn't have a good color staying power, doesn't claim to have it. I sometimes forget to not put it on after I had my morning coffee before classes, and as such it gets all over my mug.

Final thoughts: Yes, I would buy this again because I like the price, I like the color, I like the smell, and it works well enough if I have my own chapstick underneath it. I definitely recommend giving this product another go by wearing a clear lip balm like ChapStick underneath it before saying it's an awful product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2013 9:26:00 PM More reviews by akneil

I think all these new lip balms are very overrated (eos sphere and baby lips). Their overnight popularity was really just due to great marketing. They aren't anything special.
I picked this up at Ulta for 4 bucks. I do like the tint and the subtle sweet smell, so that's why I gave this a 4. They aren't amazing like the marketing has claimed, but they are nice lip balms that I haven't had issues with.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2013 11:33:00 AM More reviews by papercrane97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I love the scent and feel of this, and it made my lips so much more naturally smooth and pigmented. One lippie off because the pink colour was so strong and kind of clashed with my skin tone. And the cap sometimes fell off because it was a bit loose. But, overall, it's a great product :)

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2013 2:56:00 AM More reviews by girlraven

As others have mentioned after I watched youtubers rave about this I decided to try the baby pink one, the packaging is cute and the name baby lips is cute but that's about it. The formula made my lips peel an hour or so after applying, it applies nice an evely though. My Lucas pawpaw ointment is far better than baby lips, the formula is just drying and not worth it.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/31/2013 2:02:00 AM More reviews by jencypark

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Though I enjoyed the color of this lip balm and the scent of it, this product made my lips peel. I think my lips do not do well with SPF lip products, so if you have the same sensitivity skip out on this one.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2013 3:07:00 PM More reviews by desertrose08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

So after everyone raved and raved about this on youtube I picked one up and to be honest I'm really not a fan. I don't mind the color of pink punch too much (on me it's a hot pink), but I wasn't a fan of the formula. I didn't find it to be very moisturizing and the color didn't apply very evenly. But honestly the deal breaker for me was the smell/taste which is interesting because apparently a lot of people apparently love it. To me it had this horrific, synthetic, rancid fruit scent that would not budge and resulted in a headache and me feeling ill every time I applied it. I'm usually not that bad about scented lip products - I prefer no scent at all, but if it has a faint smell that fades quickly I won't mind. This however not only smelled terrible, but tasted absolutely horrendous and I'm not one to lick my lips much - but somehow whenever I would apply it, I would have this bitter taste in my mouth immediately after every time. Unfortunately it's too late to return it so I'll be tossing it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2013 11:33:00 PM More reviews by citizenannie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Pink Punch is definitely closer to a glossy lipstick than the other Baby Lips colors, which are closer to being gloss + stain. It matches the color of my hair currently and that's why I have started using it more than I did before I had pink hair. After I go back to blonde in a few months, it will probably be less in rotation again.

It's a creamy lip gloss and keeps my lips soft.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2013 10:01:00 AM More reviews by Makeupjunky14

It is very nourishing and it is a pretty color, but the consistency is so weird, the color clumps on my lips, and the product is too wet.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2013 9:34:00 AM More reviews by makeupfun21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

To be honest, I was disappointed. The formula is wayyy below average for what it claims to do (and for the price). It didn't feel that moisturizing on my lips. The formula almost felt dry and powder-y (if that makes any sense?). I feel like I need to put real lip balm on BEFORE I put the Baby Lips stuff on because the formula is so drying. Pink Punch has a nice colour, but even then the pink can become too overpowering if you apply the balm more than three times throughout the day. I like to apply lip balms several times throughout the day and I can't do that with Pink Punch because it makes my lips extremely bubble-gum pink. The packaging looks cute, but it feels so cheap and poorly made. I feel like the packaging will break very soon. The only thing I liked about this lip balm was the scent-- very fruity (smells like Juicy Fruit gum to me). I can't believe I let myself get sucked into buying this over-hyped, over-priced, below average lip balm. I will not be re-purchasing.