Colgate Optic White

3.2

on 10/9/2013 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Had high hopes for this toothpaste but was sadly disappointed.
Within first day mouth felt on fire and my jaw started to ache.
Thought it was my imagination so kept going within 5 days had painful lips and a mouth ulcer which I haven't had for decades.
I stopped and after a few days the aching stopped and my ulcer improved.
There was no whitening affects only pain and discomfort.
Be very careful as I'm sure I'm not the only person who has had this reaction. I have since learned this toothpaste contains hydrogen peroxide. Please look up side effects.
I am disappointed as I have used Colgate products for years and they have been excellent.

on 9/27/2013 9:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

RUN!!!!! Used this for a week and kept waking up with swollen dry cracked painful lips and dry mouth. i googled this toothpaste and there are many many people who have had this same issue or even worse. will be switching back to toms.

on 8/22/2013 9:40:00 AM

I wanted to give this a try and quickly realized it was not as effective at removing plaque as CREST 3D WHITE. I started brushing with Crest first, floss, then brush again with Colgate Optic White. The tooth surface is already clean and it can deliver a more uniform result.

As several people have reported, the ingredients do cause tooth sensitivity and slight pain in gums. That's why I go ahead with a third brushing with SENSODYNE. It cleans gently and ensures that no residue is left behind.

I switched from SPARKLING MINT to COOL MINT as the flavor is milder. ENAMEL WHITE's ingredient concentration seemed too high, though it might be a little more effective. For me a mild whitening is enough.

NOTE: I think many more people would be able to use this if they were willing to brush their teeth again with a gentler product.

on 8/1/2013 12:55:00 AM

I was honestly okay with it. It's a toothpaste. Nuff said

on 7/11/2013 1:08:00 PM

DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!! Look up the consumer affairs website and it will have all of the horrible reviews of the side effects from this product. I developed extremely swollen lips, a rash with blisters on my upper and lower lip line, cracked corners of my mouth, headaches, and a consistent sore throat. I have been using this for over a month and did not connect my symptoms to this toothpaste until I found all the complaints this past week on consumer affairs. I went to my doctor last week and they had me take an allergy and herpes test that both came back negative. For a whole month now, I was thinking it was something I was eating. But after reading the similar complaints, it has to be this toothpaste. I have discontinued use and started using TOM's to hope to get back to some normalcy. I'm going this month to my dentist and ENT to see if there has been any serious damage. I will update by the end of this month on my current situation.

on 6/29/2013 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Cool

This works great in just a few uses. I was using the crest 3d vivid and glamorous white but they had no effect. I see great results with this and it's cheap. It also doesn't irritate my gums like the prohealth series did.

on 6/29/2013 4:58:00 AM

It doesn't whiten your teeth instantly but I definitely noticed a difference within a full tube. But this is my favorite toothpaste. Love the flavor it leaves after I brush my teeth. And it's not too harsh on the gums and the teeth considering that it is a whitening toothpaste. My boyfriend and I love it!

on 5/19/2013 8:51:00 AM

This toothpaste definetely does whiten so it's a good buy

on 5/17/2013 3:27:00 AM

Didn`t whiten my teeth. I am going back to the original Colgate Total. That keeps my teeth really healthy, protected, kinda white. :-)

on 5/13/2013 3:14:00 PM

I don't like much. But that's not bad product.

Popular Other Products